Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BF estimate please :D

Hey there people, been away for a while and in that time much has changed.

had a gastric bypass - yes i know a lot of people see this as cheating but it has really helped me, before it i was nothing but hungry all the time and now its like they changed my view on food at the same time as they altered my stomach, i no longer like to just eat junk foods (though i still eat a "unhealthy" diet...) i see food more as a fuel than a way to feel good.

Moved to perth from NZ - this was hard work. i walked into a job that pays twice as much as my job in new zealand did but i basically came over with nothing but $2000AUD to get me started

those are the two major things since i was last here, and now im am finally in a position where i can start to work on living instead of setting myself up. i am down to a large sized shirt (i cant remember the last time there were no "X"s in my shirt sizing lol) and i have started to get some items to help me workout.

equipment list so far is one item strong lol. a Swiss ball! i use it for all the Swiss ball type things (push ups, ball squats, hip bridges, etc) and i may get myself a 20kg dumbbell set today.

which brings me to a question of my bodyfat, i am considering now as my starting point and i am planning on working on cutting away to abs (gastric bypass weight loss is slowed to the point where its diet and exercise time) i am currently sitting about 110-112 KGs (mechanical scales... POS!)

so yea. here is a recent shot of me (its the same as in my bodyspace) and what do you guys think? oh and i included one of my first size L shirt in a LONG time

And yes i am aware that BF% really doesnt matter all that much to me at the moment and that i should just be exercising but i am only wanting a reference point for now
    and oh how i wish that i was built as solid from the waist up as i am from it down, only fat i really have south of the belt line is inner thigh... calves gluts etc are SOLID :S
    Attached Images
    Sanity is Relative

"Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" - Anthony Robbins

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Getting Bigger Each Day. FaceThePain's Avatar
    FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have to be honest, gastric bypass is an extreme meausre for the absolutely morbidly obese.
    You my friend were overweight, and did NOT need it.
    I feel what you did was take the lazy way out, and your physique is not that of anyone even remotely active with weightlifting.
    I applaud you for doing SOMETHING to feel better about yourself, but I honestly feel you made the wrong choice.

Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azuras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FaceThePain View Post
    I have to be honest, gastric bypass is an extreme meausre for the absolutely morbidly obese.
    You my friend were overweight, and did NOT need it.
    I feel what you did was take the lazy way out, and your physique is not that of anyone even remotely active with weightlifting.
    I applaud you for doing SOMETHING to feel better about yourself, but I honestly feel you made the wrong choice.
    well. you obviously just looked at the pictures and saw "Gastric bypass" which is really a good step on your path to reading a whole post and maybe gathering some background before spewing forth your opinions. I bet you are even working on the assumption that i just had the bypass recently too... you fool i had it half a year ago

for your information i got my gastric bypass in NZ, and in NZ unlike the states they dont just willy nilly go around handing out gastric bypasses to anyone and everyone who fronts up with the cash. I saw about 7 doctors before they all assessed my need and said that i could have the bypass. thats not including seeing my GP who refered me to a second GP to assess me before she would give me a referal to the clinic. so yea that makes 9 people who think that i at least needed it a little, and they all had medical degrees.

so that adresses the needing it part. now for the "feel better about yourself"

I did not do it to feel better about myself though this is a great side effect, i did it so i can do what everyone who isnt as large as i was can do. Live a nice healthy life. you know how much it sucks to not be able to do all the cool things your mates can do because you are too large to do them? do you know how much it sucks when your body craves food to release the happy drugs in your brain when you come to the above situations.
    I want to be able to ride mountain bikes without buckling wheels. ride motorbikes without having to upgrade the suspension or be overtaken by little riders on smaller bikes. i want to take up karting but you have to be sub 100kgs for the kart. i want to surf. i want to do many things that my body was too large to do and not being able to do all the above was depressing, and as i was a huge fattie (162kgs at my largest recorded weight) i went to food every time something went wrong in my life.

so i took up my mothers offer to pay for a bypass and i do not regret it in the slightest, even when someone on a forum has an oppinion against it. now here i am, at a reasonable weight, able to do so much more than i was able to do 6 months ago, wanting to improve myself further through good ol fashion hard work and asking for an assessment from other people who are already working hard as to my current state so i can gauge how far i have to go.

and as for my physique not resembling someone who is active with weight lifting that would be because as i stated in the opening of the post you didnt actually read that i had been away for a while and went on further in the post again which you did not read to state that i had moved country and was finally in the financial position to do something towards improving myself.

i have worked my ass off to get financially secure, i havent had a lunch or a smoko break in the passed 3 months, i go off and i work for up to 14 hours straight so YES i do know what hard work is

moral of the story - i dont give a flying F*#K about your opinions over what i have done in my life. its my life and i will chose to make mistakes if i see fit to do so.
    though i dont know why i went on this giant rant as i know your reading skills are lacking...

now does anyone care to give an assessment on my current status without throwing out some unwanted opinions?
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

-WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^ Chill out dude!

If your posting on a forum, your post is going to be subject to other's opinions, regardless of the fact that you may be seeking one certain aspect. Just because you ask for a specific question and it wasn't answered doesn't justify you flipping out because it wasn't adressed instantly.

And your right about one thing, don't worry about bf% just start cutting.

Your no different than your old "fat guy" nature/mentality except for the fact you had an easy-fix surgery. Time to get on the stick and see what your willpower is capable of accomplishing, not your $

Originally Posted by -WeezyBaby- View Post
    ^ Chill out dude!

If your posting on a forum, your post is going to be subject to other's opinions, regardless of the fact that you may be seeking one certain aspect. Just because you ask for a specific question and it wasn't answered doesn't justify you flipping out because it wasn't adressed instantly.

And your right about one thing, don't worry about bf% just start cutting.

Your no different than your old "fat guy" nature/mentality except for the fact you had an easy-fix surgery. Time to get on the stick and see what your willpower is capable of accomplishing, not your $
    i know this is the case however he just threw out his opinion on the surgery and completely ignored the rest of the post. you at least told me something i already knew and was planning on doing

and as for me being no different to my old fat self in terms of my nature you couldnt be more wrong, its like they changed my brain when i had the surgery.
    before i would sit down with a movie and a pizza and just veg out and eat, and the pizza was awesome. the way it felt, tasted, and how it made me feel...

as soon as i had the surgery that was gone. food no longer gives me that feeling, i am just eating now because i am hungry, or my body needs the fuel for tasks that i have set for it. i eat because i need the energy now, not because food makes me feel better as it no longer does. a side effect of the above is that junk food no longer really appeals to me in any way other than for variety. i generally have a piece of chicken for dinner (bout the size of my fist then assess if i need anything else (which is generally where the veges come in)

also i dont have to finish a meal any more, sure i can force myself to eat all i set for myself but i dont care if i dont finish it where as before if there was food on the plate it had to be put in the tummy...

so yea thats what having a bypass is actually like, from someone who has actually had it and knows what it is like. now yes i know i COULD of worked hard and worked off the weight but to be honest, after going through the period of my life that i have been through since i was last on the right track i can say to 100% certainty that i wouldnt of made it without the psycological side effect of the surgery that has altered my views on food.

and that would of meant that i would still be fat now, and with all the added stress i have been through with moving to australia and setting up a new life from scratch that i would actually be larger. so in my eyes i know that i may have taken an easier route than most do, but i believe that i have taken the right route. a route that has provided me with the tools needed to further succeed. and by the way guys, gastric bypass isnt actually a wonder fix. it puts you on par with those people who could be fit if they tried, those people who are overweight but dont have the food motivator set into them. i will cut down, and yes it will still be hard work. and it will be harder for me to gain muscle in the long run but id trade that for a healthier and longer life any day.

PS, i just got myself a 20kg dumbbell set, time for a workout
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frooshy186 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MAD props to the op. time for some more blood sweat and tears with the weights! you should be proud of where you've come from!
    Decline quietly, rise screaming.

well im all limp now, need to build up my strength again lol.

managed:
    ball squats 20 x 2
    dumbell bicep curls 12 x 2 and the last set of 7 @ 10kgs a side (will bump the weight when i can get that last set to 12)
    dumbell bench press on the swiss ball 20 x 4 @ 10kgs a side(i need more weights...)
    press ups (decline off the swiss ball, ball under shins) 15 x 2
    Crunches 20 x 2
    and a third set of 20 crunches but alternating sides

and yes. im now limp lol. will repeat daily and add weight and reps and more exercises as my fitness/strength increases.

may try a morning run/jog/walk before work too
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goku559 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thought this was bodybuilding.com? 25%

Originally Posted by Goku559 View Post
    Thought this was bodybuilding.com? 25%
    firstly thank you for the estimate.

and yes this is bodybuilding.com, a site for all levels of bodybuilding enthusiasts, and all stages of bodybuilding. and im currently representing the out of shape and wanting to get involved with bodybuilding category.
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Estimate: 25% upwards. I am comparing your picture to the "before" pic of the guy on that American show "I want to look like that guy" (vid on youtube), and he was around mid 20s bodyfat when he started.

Course of action? Cut. Hard. Very, very hard. Defict your calories by 300 to start with, cut out junk, etc etc. Just cut and run every day. The fat will be gone in no time... But I'm guessing you already know how to cut. If you don't just browse around the site.

Also join a gym dude.. Good oportunity to meet others who can motivate you/ train with you

Originally Posted by RC2008 View Post
    Estimate: 25% upwards. I am comparing your picture to the "before" pic of the guy on that American show "I want to look like that guy" (vid on youtube), and he was around mid 20s bodyfat when he started.

Course of action? Cut. Hard. Very, very hard. Defict your calories by 300 to start with, cut out junk, etc etc. Just cut and run every day. The fat will be gone in no time... But I'm guessing you already know how to cut. If you don't just browse around the site.

Also join a gym dude.. Good oportunity to meet others who can motivate you/ train with you
    lol yea i had thought 25% myself but i have always believed that you tend to gauge yourself wrong, the best and usually the brutally honest gauge is often a stranger.

i just looked up that show you referenced, looks like a good show.

and yes i know how to cut. just need to spend some time and actually plan my diet now rather than avoiding bad foods like i have been.

and as for a gym its a wee issue as the nearest one is 5 minutes drive (on highway) and my car isnt too healthy at the moment (found a huge ammount of oil in cyl 1 so im finding funds for a new car at teh moment) but after its sorted i plan on joining up.
    till then im shooting for a run/jog/walk every morning (havent tried lately so i dont know my capabilitys, but im picking they will be low if my exercise tonight is any indication)

looks like short term goals are find my limits, then push them.
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Recawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Could be up at 25-30, hard to tell. Also i'm sure you were advised of the risks of GBP surgery, hope the results were worth it and the side effects were minimal. At this stage i'd focus on cardio over weights but still do both. The most important aspect though is diet, if your diet isn't in check then the gym will be a waste of time.

The best of luck to you in losing the weight.

(btw where in NZ are you now?)
    R.I.P. Zyzz, muzzing at the peak of Mount Olympus.

*Official Misc Shirt Fashion Designer* & *Editor of Misc Monthly Magazine*

Start: 125 lbs
    Current: 165 lbs (+40 lbs)
    Goal: 190 lbs (Then cut)

Originally Posted by Recawn View Post
    Could be up at 25-30, hard to tell. Also i'm sure you were advised of the risks of GBP surgery, hope the results were worth it and the side effects were minimal. At this stage i'd focus on cardio over weights but still do both. The most important aspect though is diet, if your diet isn't in check then the gym will be a waste of time.

The best of luck to you in losing the weight.

(btw where in NZ are you now?)
    yea, as i said above i was thinking 25 and when you gauge yourself you are usually wrong lol. that bracket you said is probably right.

yes the GBP side effects were explained to me, though i have tried to minimise them by eating mainly proteins, other than muscle loss the other side effects werent all that bad to me. though it has been fun lately with my lack of sugar intake (at least thats what i think it is) has me spinning if i stand up too quickly. and the tunnel vision can be fun too :P

and i was in hamilton up untill three months ago. but am in perth now (aussie money is good)
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like you lost a bunch of weight. When did you have you GB done?

Originally Posted by Coldrin View Post
    Looks like you lost a bunch of weight. When did you have you GB done?
    about six months ago.
    maybe 7
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coldrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Azuras View Post
    about six months ago.
    maybe 7
    Oh. So that April pic in your bb was well before you had the GB. Got any pics closer to your heaviest weight?

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not going to comment on the surgery, but your bodyfat is still very high - I'd say above 30%.

Join a gym, don't make excuses. There is no time like the present to make a change.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Originally Posted by Ryan_Cunningham View Post
    I'm not going to comment on the surgery, but your bodyfat is still very high - I'd say above 30%.

Join a gym, don't make excuses. There is no time like the present to make a change.
    oh id love to join a gym but getting to it would be unlikely, as i stated above my car is on deaths door, and i am only using it for essential trips such as to and from work. but dont get me wrong, im not using this as an excuse, i am currently gathering funds as fast as i can to pay off existing debt and then get a loan for a new car.

and Coldrin heres one of me on my op day and some others if i can find them
    the one attached is after a diet that had me lose 10kgs, so you can see that i was clearly obese... sure not as bad as some people are but still obese none the less
    Attached Images
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

Angry

Originally Posted by Ryan_Cunningham View Post

This guys completely right......Excuses...Excuses....I need a new car....I need....gym memberships arent expensive.....if money's an issue.....go to the YMCA...they have programs for individuals with moneys issues....it's called priorities....And I'll be 4 real with you...Some may feel that you took the easy way out...getting the surgery instead of having the self control to not to overeat....Dont get me wrong.....I have lost 50 pounds 4 or 5 times....I understand the demons connected to food...I fought them for years....Second....a guy in a earlier post gave advice and you answered him in a angry way...My view... your angry about the process you had to resort to get the weight off...Therapy may be good for you to deal with the past situations pertaining to your weight...Respect is a two way street...Remember that in your future posts.......my 2 bits....Self
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    This guys completely right......Excuses...Excuses....I need a new car....I need....gym memberships arent expensive.....if money's an issue.....go to the YMCA...they have programs for individuals with moneys issues....it's called priorities....And I'll be 4 real with you...Some may feel that you took the easy way out...getting the surgery instead of having the self control to not to overeat....Dont get me wrong.....I have lost 50 pounds 4 or 5 times....I understand the demons connected to food...I fought them for years....Second....a guy in a earlier post gave advice and you answered him in a angry way...My view... your angry about the process you had to resort to get the weight off...Therapy may be good for you to deal with the past situations pertaining to your weight...Respect is a two way street...Remember that in your future posts.......my 2 bits....Self

firstly, drop the full stops and use a little better punctuation. (twas hard as hell to decode your post)

Secondly, i am not making an excuse as to my transportation issues, they are actually issues. i am quite mechanically gifted, i rebuild my own engine and do me own work/services etc and its my experienced and mildly educated opinion (yes this is an opinion of mine but the context of the situation called for it) that my car is dying. its only cause of my spanner skills that it is still running.
    List of problems with the car
    Water pump is dead $160 to replace
    cam belt will need to be done at the same time as pump $120
    head gasket is blown $140
    rings are fried $dont even wanna know

Cost of car $1000, so this tells me that its not worth wasting the money on repairing the car, thus i have opted to buy a new car and untill that time leave the beast on light duties so that i can earn more money

money is what you need to live so therefore that is priority number one.
    And i work ALOT of hours to get money to improve my situation, as stated above i have not had a break in three months and often work up to 14 hours straight 1 hour total travel to and from(with a 9 hour turn around time.. do the math)

and money isnt an issue other than the fact that i have been in this country for 3 months and came over with practically nothing, i have to buy clothes, furniture general house items etc, so yea (i worked out that all my assets not including car have a value of about $2500 AUD)

Thridly
    LEARN TO READ!!!! the person to whom you refer to as giving me advice gave nothing but an opinion without reading the post, as a matter of fact he did so in a way that could be and was taken as an insult.

fourth
    opinions on gastric bypass surgery
    everyone has their right to their opinion, doesnt mean that you should voice it. common sense dictates that if you have a racist opinion on something that you keep it to yourself as it may offend others (yes this is an extreme example but it filters down to socially acceptable opinions) - moral of the opinion story, keep em to yourself unless you come from a very similar background and seeing as no one here really knows me or the issues i have been through it would be safest to just keep em to yourself.

Lastly
    Theropy
    had to go through it to get the bypass. that was one of the nine people i had to see before i was allowed the surgery.

now would you like to get to know me or at least read everything before declaring someone else's post correct without fulling understanding the situation.

sorry if you got a little more change from your two bits than you were expecting
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did read all your excuses.......The fact remains you asked for the advice and you felt the need to act like a *******...
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    I did read all your excuses.......The fact remains you asked for the advice and you felt the need to act like a *******...
    well you obviously don't read all that well as i stated in my reply that he did nothing more than voice his opinion on gastric bypass surgery in an insulting manner.

and trust me, i am nowhere near acting like an ******* as i am still replying in a thought out manner, taking my time to run most things through a spell checker. i am no fool when it comes to acting like an ******* to other people, what i did to him was naught but replying in a manner fitting to his post which i found insulting.

and furthermore all my excuses? there was only two excuses that was stopping me from joining a gym and only one of them was listed in this thread which was my car, that is a valid excuse and with the nearest gym being outside of walking distance and public transport not operating (in route to the gym from my house) at the house of which i would be likely to attend, and me without a bicycle i am physically unable to attend.

now i would suggest that you either contribute in a constructive and educated manner next time you post or stay out of the thread, or i may become an *******.

PS no YMCA near here. maybe because im not in the states and things are different in Perth Australia than they are in Kansas
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People may feel hesitant towards answering your bodybuilding-related enquiries -concerning mainly Bf, which for the sake of thread choesion I'll estimate to be in the 30% range- because they feel, as I do, that your poor physical condition stems not from an erroneous aprroach to working out but from a wrong approach to life. If one wants to erradicate an undesired weed, what is the point of plucking out the leaves? Surely, it is the root that you should pull out. In this metaphor, the leaves would be excuses, Bf estimates which in reality head towards no plausible goal and similar stunts pulled simply as a shy attempt at getting something started without actually doing anything. Consequently, the root would symbolize your lack of self discipline and an overall negative outlook on life and your own self which inevitably lead to catastrophies such as the surgery you've undergone -a measure, and I am not alone when I say this, that should be reserved for the severely ill, amongst which you are clearly not-

This said, I'd advise you to start from the beginning. Forget BF estimates, gym memberships and all the superflous life items that burden you. Think simple. Start running in your neighbourhood every morning, do series of push ups, sit ups and pull ups in the park, in your garage, in your apartment, above all think positive and think POSSIBLE. Never overlook nutrition, it makes up for 50% (or more) of your bb achievements; resort to water instead of soda, tuna instead of burgers, chicken instead of pizza, throw in fruit, rice and greens, follow this diet and perform the exercises I have posted above and I absolutely guarantee you will see reuslts in a month, both internally and externally.

I'd say good luck but I don't believe in chance and I wouldn't advise anyone to depend on it so I say 'Good inspiration and fruitful work'

Bulkin' (195 days to go) CoryJP's Avatar
    CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoryJP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IC. View Post
    People may feel hesitant towards answering your bodybuilding-related enquiries -concerning mainly Bf, which for the sake of thread choesion I'll estimate to be in the 30% range- because they feel, as I do, that your poor physical condition stems not from an erroneous aprroach to working out but from a wrong approach to life. If one wants to erradicate an undesired weed, what is the point of plucking out the leaves? Surely, it is the root that you should pull out. In this metaphor, the leaves would be excuses, Bf estimates which in reality head towards no plausible goal and similar stunts pulled simply as a shy attempt at getting something started without actually doing anything. Consequently, the root would symbolize your lack of self discipline and an overall negative outlook on life and your own self which inevitably lead to catastrophies such as the surgery you've undergone -a measure, and I am not alone when I say this, that should be reserved for the severely ill, amongst which you are clearly not-

This said, I'd advise you to start from the beginning. Forget BF estimates, gym memberships and all the superflous life items that burden you. Think simple. Start running in your neighbourhood every morning, do series of push ups, sit ups and pull ups in the park, in your garage, in your apartment, above all think positive and think POSSIBLE. Never overlook nutrition, it makes up for 50% (or more) of your bb achievements; resort to water instead of soda, tuna instead of burgers, chicken instead of pizza, throw in fruit, rice and greens, follow this diet and perform the exercises I have posted above and I absolutely guarantee you will see reuslts in a month, both internally and externally.

I'd say good luck but I don't believe in chance and I wouldn't advise anyone to depend on it so I say 'Good inspiration and fruitful work'
    Strong 9th post. Truth.
    [Current Stack]
    ON 100% Whey Gold Standard
    Fish Oil

This week's pump...next week's cold.

Originally Posted by IC. View Post

holy ****!

you actually formed a well educated post with some decent information and advice in it!
    it only took 20+ replys to find someone who doesnt just spew opinions and judgements with any chance given

you sir are going to go far in life and other people really should take note of your excellent example of a post.

thank you for your post

now to deal with the contents, you actually advised me to do what i am doing right now lol. went for a run last night (yea im unfit and i went straight to run lol, no working up to it with a jog or anything, DEEP END HERE I COME!!!! lol) and found out that i have the lung capacity of a toddler, have started deep breathing to try and remedy this.

i have a couple of basic equipment items: a swiss ball and a 20kg dumbell set.
    am looking for a cheap bicycle to get some "easy" cardio in.

i am quite active in my work as well climbing up and down trucks all day.

but yes, i am working on getting a car and heading to a gym as soon as i can afford to (the car not the membership)
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bud I would say 27%BF some lift and clean eating and your be on your way to a fitter body in no time, and props for having a Gastric bypass.
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000)
    It seems like every single piece of "advice" you've asked for, you seem to "know already" or you're "doing already."

Also, when telling other people to use better punctuation, you should probably start with good grammar as well. This is like a fatass telling fat people to lose weight because he doesn't like fat people.

Look, when it comes down to it, just do your thing, lose weight whichever way, surgery, exercise, or both. But don't get so defensive about simple stuff like this. I was actually going to carefully read your posts here but after seeing how much of an insecure and defensive individual you are after the first reply, it's pretty clear that it's more of your personality that's going to be the biggest obstacle on your journey to being fit. Good luck.

Originally Posted by blackberries View Post
    It seems like every single piece of "advice" you've asked for, you seem to "know already" or you're "doing already."

Also, when telling other people to use better punctuation, you should probably start with good grammar as well. This is like a fatass telling fat people to lose weight because he doesn't like fat people.

Look, when it comes down to it, just do your thing, lose weight whichever way, surgery, exercise, or both. But don't get so defensive about simple stuff like this. I was actually going to carefully read your posts here but after seeing how much of an insecure and defensive individual you are after the first reply, it's pretty clear that it's more of your personality that's going to be the biggest obstacle on your journey to being fit. Good luck.
    the punctuation thing was to make a sentence readable. i gave him the reason for the need for punctuation when i told him he should use some, hell i dont really care about spelling and grammar if the post can be read and understood by reading through it once.

and already know and already doing part of it yea, look at my join date. this isnt the first time i have taken up this rocky path to a better me. it will however be the first time i stick to it and achieve. i have started working out before only to have life come along and belt me back to unemployment, been emotionally trampled, and the list goes on

and hell yea im insecure,but i am working on that and its fueling the change to myself. but defensive no not really, i just dont take insults well. and i dont like people who have no idea of who i am, where i have come from, and what i have been through in my life coming along and basically telling me that i am living my life wrong. if that makes me defensive then so be it.

lol and just to be defensive my original post only asked for one thing, an estimate on my body fat.
    Last edited by Azuras; 12-14-2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: There are no Z-rays
    Sanity is Relative

oh noes tasty foodz!!!

IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50) IC. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Azuras View Post
    holy ****!

you actually formed a well educated post with some decent information and advice in it!
    it only took 20+ replys to find someone who doesnt just spew opinions and judgements with any chance given

you sir are going to go far in life and other people really should take note of your excellent example of a post.

thank you for your post

now to deal with the contents, you actually advised me to do what i am doing right now lol. went for a run last night (yea im unfit and i went straight to run lol, no working up to it with a jog or anything, DEEP END HERE I COME!!!! lol) and found out that i have the lung capacity of a toddler, have started deep breathing to try and remedy this.

i have a couple of basic equipment items: a swiss ball and a 20kg dumbell set.
    am looking for a cheap bicycle to get some "easy" cardio in.

i am quite active in my work as well climbing up and down trucks all day.

but yes, i am working on getting a car and heading to a gym as soon as i can afford to (the car not the membership)
    I am glad -and thankful- that you appreciate my post, the ability to accept advice is an invaluable virtue that will no doubt push you forward, and not only in your quest for health.

Back to our discussion, it seems evident that at the time lack of endurance is your number one issue. Luckily, all you have to do to address this is to MOVE, be it in a straight-forward fashion (quite literally, running up and down a track) or in a more dynamic manner.For instance, have you considered martial arts training? There is a plaethora of benefits to be enjoyed from such activities, ranging from (but not limited to) mind conditioning to body control -not to mention the obvious increase in stamina and flexibility-. However, the most valuable asset you will gain from this is respiration control, which is absoluteley imperative that you exercise. From what I have read in your previous post, you do understand very well the importance of improving in this field.

To do the forum justice (afterall, we are on bodybuilding.com) I would suggest you keep the workouts intense, with 8-10 repetitions per set and very little rest between them. Don't occupy your mind with petty preocupations regarding massive weight, you will cross that bridge when you come to it. For now, concentrate on running, sweating, carrying out exercises correctly, learning the correct forms and very important, eating CLEAN!

SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man congrats on losing the weight. I'm sure that if you resulted to bypass then there was no other way you could have done it. I'm going to be honest though, I hear you making a lot of excuses. You say you are busy with work and your car is not reliable. Once you get into lifting hopefully you won't let these things stop you any longer. No matter what the obstacle if lifting is important to you, you will find a way to get it done.

On your current lifting habits, you will just be spinning your wheels and will not get very far with a swiss ball and some dumbbells. You need to either go to a gym or buy a squat rack, barbells, and plates. Get on a program such as Starting Strength and milk your linear progress as long as possible. Also diet wise I wonder if you will be able to eat enough with the gastric bypass to get everything you can out of your workouts. I have seen the best results from drinking a gallon of milk a day, is this something you would be able to do with the bypass? I guess only time will tell with that one. Anyway though, good job on doing what you felt was necessary to be able to get what you want out of life. Good Luck.
    Dead Lift 348x5
    Squat 298x5
    Bench 254x5
    Row 230x3
    Press 150x2