Closed Thread
Page 256 of 272 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 8136
    DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheWork View Post
    Is this diet for people just getting into dieting/loosing weight?

I admit I didn't read the entire post. Very long. I ask because I see some people mention PRO this and PRO that.
    Many use this diet to cut... because it's a cutting diet haha. But some make it a lifestyle. I've dropped 60 pounds since I started in October, and that's 3 pants sizes, 38/40 then, 32 now. It's for everyone.

fox408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright I've got a question.
    What are the best times a day to do cardio?
    Been trying to bike for about 1 1/2hrs per day. half morning, half evening. As well as weight lifting 3 days a week.

Is it absolutely necessary that I keep the heart rate below 120?
    I don't have a heart rate monitor (work out at home) so I'm not always positive where I'm at.
    So far I've lost 10 lbs

TheWork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another question.

Do I HAVE to eat so many eggs especially in the morning? I felt like im going to vomit eating so many eggs at once.

And with the salad, what can i use to replace the olive oil/mac oil and vinegar? I cant stand those things. i rather eat my green vegetables with no additives.

DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeeAre893 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anytime's fine, whichever works for you.

Yes, optimal is 110-130. Should not go over because you'll be risking entering catabolic state real quickly.

Good work, keep at it! so far, I'm down 60 lbs, 30 more to go til I hit my goal, 155. :P hi-5!

Originally Posted by fox408 View Post
    Alright I've got a question.
    What are the best times a day to do cardio?
    Been trying to bike for about 1 1/2hrs per day. half morning, half evening. As well as weight lifting 3 days a week.

Is it absolutely necessary that I keep the heart rate below 120?
    I don't have a heart rate monitor (work out at home) so I'm not always positive where I'm at.
    So far I've lost 10 lbs

Well, people have said, "as long as your macros are fine." I say otherwise. This is the 'dave palumbo' keto diet for a reason. One thing I noticed was to leave the yolk a bit uncooked and I stopped feeling like puking. Otherwise you can try making it into an omelet, and have tobasco sauce with it.

I don't know what to say if you can't stand mac oil. EVOO and vinegar I understand...

Originally Posted by TheWork View Post
    Another question.

Do I HAVE to eat so many eggs especially in the morning? I felt like im going to vomit eating so many eggs at once.

And with the salad, what can i use to replace the olive oil/mac oil and vinegar? I cant stand those things. i rather eat my green vegetables with no additives.

Thanks for the info guys.

I may be having too many carbs to go into keto, I'm not sure. I don't feel any different, no symptoms as I've read (fruity breath, weird pee, etc.)
    I have however lost about 13 pounds now, so I guess it's working, I just wish I knew whether I was in keto or not.

I may be having too many carbs to go into keto, I'm not sure. I don't feel any different, no symptoms as I've read (fruity breath, weird pee, etc.)
    I have however lost about 13 pounds now, so I guess it's working, I just wish I knew whether I was in keto or not.
    Ontop of that, I am having a slight bit of confusion weighing my meats.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a scale, so I can't tell everytime. However, I have used one somewhat recently, before and after cooking. AFTER cooking the meat weighs significantly less. Do I measure out my oz by raw, or cooked?

andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10) andyzed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi everyone, just after some advice if possible. i've been researching this a lot but being a noob really to the gym ( 3 weeks ) and this kind of dieting i'd love to get some advice from you more experienced guys who have had some success.

my stats are just turned 41, 6'4, 231 lbs and the photos tell the story over the last 3 weeks.

i currently do IF and have between 1800 - 2100 cals per day on avg. my macros usually are 240 - 300 p / 50 - 100 g c / 30 - 75 f and i actually feel full on this amount of food.

the goal is to get down to about 200 - 205 lbs as quickly and sensibly as possible so i guess i need a 25lb loss or so. i want to get lean and strong. i can see muscles under the flab but need to strip it.

at the moment i'm doing monday - legs, tues chest and tri, wed - back and biceps, thurs rest, fri - shoulders, sat - legs and sunday rest. i aim to rest each sunday regardless and then just cycle the routine. already my clothes fit better and i feel stronger and tighter but there has been no move on the scales after 3 weeks. i also do cardio at about 145 bpm for 20 mins 3 days a week.

i guess my confusion and need for advice comes as the scales haven't moved but i have been told that is because of the muscle im adding. being a noob i dont know if that would be right or not. others have said that at my size my weight can fluctuate but it's in the mirror that counts. i just want some more feedback so i know im on the right track. i read about guys here losing a great amount of fat and that is my primary goal.

can someone help out with what my macros should be at 231lbs to get down to 200 - 205 as quick and safe as poss?

any help would be awesome and really appreciated.

all the best and have a great day. you guys are certainly inspiring
    Attached Images

measurements/mirror is what counts.

You should mentally feel slow and tired when on keto.
    13 lbs might be due to the fewer calories you're taking in so you just dropped your water weight since you've been eating alot less carbs. You need to intake less than 40g of carbs a day.
    I've been told to measure after cooking but I measure raw anyways because 8oz cooked is too much for me. :P
    Please do use a scale lol.

YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started this diet. Here is what I eat and the total calories ext...

screensnapr(.)com/v/UyiJul.png * Remove the parenthesis

Does this look fine to you?
    I'm 175 pounds with about 17% body fat.

Also what is the MAX grams of sugar I can eat per day to stay on ketosis?
    Last edited by YouMirinBro; 02-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.

robocopz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I just went and stocked up on groceries to start this keto diet for the first time tomorrow as it seems to be just about the most promising one out there. Just wondering what kind of tinkering I could do with the eggs part that wouldn't cause the eating plan to lose any of its efficacy? I found a place here that sells the omega 3 eco eggs, but they are frickin' expensive to have 5 in the morning and also 5 at night. Any suggestions on how I could tinker with this to help cut costs? Maybe substitute in a couple normal eggs as well? I don't know, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Also what is the MAX grams of sugar I can eat per day to stay on ketosis?
    Not even 2g. Shouldn't risk it.

@robocopz: 5 at night? Where'd you get that?
    I get my o3 eggs from costco and it's as cheap as regular egg.

robocopz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DeeAre893 View Post

From the very first post dude:

"For a 250lb+ man:
    Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs"

Still can't tell if I'm in keto or not. Haven't really had any change or feeling or anything like that.
    I am losing weight though, and am looking better to me. Hope it's not muscle that's going though.

I do have a question though...
    If I don't get all my meals in, should I not worry about it, or should I just eat like 2 combined at the end of the day or something?
    For instance, today I ate eggs at 9, then shake at 1, then I was called to work and could not eat for 6 hours, since unfortunately I can't grill chicken on the job

So now it's about 7pm, I still have 3 meals to eat. Stay up for 8 hours, eat them much closer together, or skip?

Originally Posted by robocopz View Post
    From the very first post dude:

"For a 250lb+ man:
    Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs"
    I think OGc is going to have to tell you that. Some people will tell you to get your macros in, which means to replace those from the eggs with stuff like Whey but, from what I've been told I should be eating everything to the tee and not replacing anything.

Still can't tell if I'm in keto or not. Haven't really had any change or feeling or anything like that.
    I am losing weight though, and am looking better to me. Hope it's not muscle that's going though.

I do have a question though...
    If I don't get all my meals in, should I not worry about it, or should I just eat like 2 combined at the end of the day or something?
    For instance, today I ate eggs at 9, then shake at 1, then I was called to work and could not eat for 6 hours, since unfortunately I can't grill chicken on the job

So now it's about 7pm, I still have 3 meals to eat. Stay up for 8 hours, eat them much closer together, or skip?
    Well, you should be able to smell a funky sweet smell from your breath, and your mind shoudl feel sluggish. If it's not been long since you started the cut then losing pounds might be due to your body adjusting to the fewer calories. But if you're losing measurements then you're in.

People will tell you as long as you have all your macros in by the end of the day, it's fine. No. You should be trying to eat meals every 2-3 hours. What I do is drink my protein shakes discretely when I can't eat at the job or school, and save the big meals for when I'm home.
    However, if it really is impossible, make sure you don't skip meals. Take everything all at once at the end of the day. Not eating is worse than eating fewer meals.

Well, you should be able to smell a funky sweet smell from your breath, and your mind shoudl feel sluggish. If it's not been long since you started the cut then losing pounds might be due to your body adjusting to the fewer calories. But if you're losing measurements then you're in.

People will tell you as long as you have all your macros in by the end of the day, it's fine. No. You should be trying to eat meals every 2-3 hours. What I do is drink my protein shakes discretely when I can't eat at the job or school, and save the big meals for when I'm home.
    However, if it really is impossible, make sure you don't skip meals. Take everything all at once at the end of the day. Not eating is worse than eating fewer meals.
    Alright man thanks a lot. Kind of frustrating because I don't notice the breath thing, so that makes me think I'm not in keto. I can't imagine what I could be eating to keep my carbs about about 30-40 grams though. Doesn't make sense.
    My mind does feel a little sluggish... But then again, it does most the time, right??

kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kapsycumm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

vegetarian options

I can't eat meat for one day due to religious reasons. What are the vegetarian options??

Thanks.

Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright man thanks a lot. Kind of frustrating because I don't notice the breath thing, so that makes me think I'm not in keto. I can't imagine what I could be eating to keep my carbs about about 30-40 grams though. Doesn't make sense.
    My mind does feel a little sluggish... But then again, it does most the time, right??
    Go buy a scale it will help. They are cheap and can be found on the internet or at a drugstore easy. If you are measuring incorrectly, say for instance you are cooking some chicken (and it happens to have a carb or two in there per 4 ounces), if you really don't know how many ounces you are cooking, then you could be adding additional carbs without knowing it. Or another example, in PB. If you aren't measuring the tbsp, then you could be putting in 3-4 tbsps which will add carbs. These are just a couple examples, but it can go for most any foods. I have to watch my almonds, love 'em, eat too many!

I'm not sure how long you're been doing the keto diet, but for some it takes longer or they need less carbs. Hang in there!

Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kapsycumm View Post
    I can't eat meat for one day due to religious reasons. What are the vegetarian options??

Thanks.
    EGGS!!!! =)
    PB
    Cheese
    Almonds
    I just ate some meatless chicken wings (found them in the vegie area at vons)...only a couple carbs.
    Make some sludge

YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouMirinBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The peanut butter and whey has sugar in it....

Total amount of sugar a day from these is 11 grams.....

11 grams per day will put me out of ketosis? anyone?

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stop obsessing over getting into ketosis. It's not some magical thing that makes the diet work. The diet works because it keeps you in a negative calorie balance and limits your insulin sensitivity via the reduced carbs. Ketosis is a side effect, not the working mechanism.

Originally Posted by jimmyk21 View Post
    Stop obsessing over getting into ketosis. It's not some magical thing that makes the diet work. The diet works because it keeps you in a negative calorie balance and limits your insulin sensitivity via the reduced carbs. Ketosis is a side effect, not the working mechanism.
    Obviously all calorie reduced diets will work. Every diet has different foods / effects and I'm asking particularly about this one. This diet's main goal is getting you into ketosis, why would I NOT worry about getting into ketosis? LOL

Well, I'm losing weight and the clothes are becoming more loose. That's what's important to me and it's happening.
    So far, doing well on the diet. Except I have grown to dislike chicken a great deal

Originally Posted by jimmyk21 View Post
    It's an indication you're doing the diet right. Peace of mind for me.

Originally Posted by YouMirinBro View Post
    The peanut butter and whey has sugar in it....

Total amount of sugar a day from these is 11 grams.....

11 grams per day will put me out of ketosis? anyone?
    You can find both with no sugar or carbs.

Made it through my first two weeks.
    Had my first cheat meal the other night, was awesome.
    Woke up the next morning and wanted carbs SO bad. Trying to stay with it though, just sick of the same food every day.

Registered User wisconsin9erfan's Avatar
    wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Going to start doing this diet again. Did it a year ago and went from 255 to 215. However I am back to almost 245 lbs. Gained the 30 lbs. back by not working out, eating poorly (that might be an understatement) and partying a lot. So this diet worked great for me last time and can't wait to get started again. I pretty much followed the diet outlined on page 1, my only variation was that I ate my eggs at night as my last meal and added like 3 strips of lean turkey bacon since I had a hard time eating the eggs by themselves. That may not work for everyone but it worked for me.

Registered User wisconsin9erfan's Avatar
    wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisconsin9erfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also my cheat day was on Saturday since I was always out doing things and it was the best day for me. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted the whole day. Maybe I would have lost more weight if I kept the re-feed within a 3 hour window but it worked for me.

Closed Thread
Page 256 of 272 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 ... LastLast