Closed Thread
Page 271 of 272 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 8136
    feroz18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cheers guys. definitely taken into account. will post up soon

tuck80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What supplements do people take on this diet?

I've been taking 5g creatine, Optimen (multi-vitamins), and Animal Test. Was planning to stay on Test for two cycles, which is about how long I want to stay on the diet.

MurdahUDawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you guys doing Keto or Palumbo's Diet

I keep seeing "65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carb ratio" thrown around.

THAT is CKD diet.

Palumbo is "60% PRO, 30% FAT, 10% CARB"

Confusing up the diets.

blowblee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey im a scaffolder so my job is really physical would this diet still work for me just worried bout not having energy for when i train at night would I need to increase my carb intake a bit?

cheers

Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow @ this thread your standard high protein low carb diet with a bunch of nutrient timing nonsense like 5,900 pages between the two threads here, the stuff on the other forum etc just..Wow

mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi guys,

First week in with this diet...

But what fruit and veg can you eat on this diet?

All I'm eatting is brochli and spinach?

Craving fruit?

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mozza18 View Post
    Hi guys,

Craving fruit?
    No fruit. Fruit has lots of carbs. If you simply MUST have a piece of fruit, maybe immediately following your workout.

Even then, I personally wouldn't. Find something else that can satiate that craving.
    Sig line can't be a novel

mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Auburn RSX-S View Post
    No fruit. Fruit has lots of carbs. If you simply MUST have a piece of fruit, maybe immediately following your workout.

Even then, I personally wouldn't. Find something else that can satiate that craving.
    How about Veg. which are expect-able?

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How about Veg. which are expect-able?
    Asparagus
    Bok Choy
    Broccoli
    Broccoli Rabe
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard
    Chicory Greens
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Endive
    Fennel
    Garlic
    Green Bean
    Jalapeno
    Lettuce, Green Leaf
    Lettuce, Romaine
    Parsley
    Radish
    Spinach
    Soy Bean
    Zucchini

List taken from this thread (which I HIGHLY recommend you read through.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293
    Sig line can't be a novel

scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long can you stay on this diet?

walruszord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started this diet a couple of days ago and have read through a good 80 pages of the original thread from 2009 and have a good handle on what to do.

Has Dave Palumbo changed anything to the diet since then?

zackstark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone have a good workout regimen (broken down by exercise & day like this diet) for a guy that is about 215lb, 6' 3'' and looking to build some muscle & loose some bodyfat?

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    The premise of the diet is high protein (about 1- 1 1/2 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
    restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
    day so you dont cheat again.

Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
    When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

For a 250lb+ man:
    Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs

Remember, it takes 3-4 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Many times I'll switch to an alternatiing diet where one day it will be protein/fat......then another protein/vegetables (very little fat). The great thing about the body and fat is that ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS can be stored in the muscle for several days, up to 2 weeks......therefore, once an adequate storehouse of Essential Fats are built up, the body can be "tortured" a little and it still won't give up muscle (that's assuming you're still taking in adequate protein. Protein can't be stored).

1oz almonds equals 6g carbs (2 of those grams are fiber) and 2oz equals 12g of carbs.

With the beef meal (any fatty protein meal), you should have the green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive or Mac oil INSTEAD of the nuts. Only eat the nuts with the LEAN PROTEIN MEAL (chicken, turkey, lean fish)

The best fat sources come from the essential fatty acids-- Omega-6 and Omega-3's. Most of us get plenty of Omega-6s from cooking oils, ect..........however the Omega-3's are harder to get. I recommend WHOLE OMEGA-3 EGGS, FaTTY FISHS like SALMON and SWORDFISH and TUNA and MACKEREL, ALMONDS and WALNUTS have some OMEGA-3's (as well as OMEGA-6s). ANother great fat source is MONOUNSATURATES such as EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and MACADAMIA NUT OIL.....they aren't essential but they are great for the metabolism (great source of energy) and they are extremely good for your heart.

You're not getting any indirect sources of carbs (just from the 1 spoonful of PB.... you may want to have at least one 1/3cup nuts meal. Remember, Olive or Macadamia nut oil is predominantly a MONOUNSATURATED FAT (good for the heart, but not essential)........ the nuts, and fish oil have the essential fats in them. Also, with regard to FLAX SEED OIL, the OMEGA-3 Fatty Acids found in them (alpha-linolenic acid) has a very poor conversion to DHA and EPA (Essential Omega-3 intermediates) in the HUMAN........therefore, you're much better off taking in FISH OILS (that already contain DHA/EPA) than FLAX SEED OIL.

Once fat loss slows, I always increase cardio first, then I increase the amount of fat burners (clen, cytomel, lipolyze).........After those other methods are exhausted, only then, do I play with the diet.

Always eat BEFORE lifting........never BETWEEN lifting and cardio.
    Artificial Sweetners:
    The artificial sweetener itself (eg. aspartame, sucralose) wont cause a problem. It's what some companies complex it with. For example, EQUAL and SPLENDA combine their aspartame and sucrolose with 1g of maltodextrin........whereas, in diet drinks, they don't do that. So, diet drinks are okay, SPLENDA and EQUAL must be used in moderation (STEVIA BALANCE is fine though since they use inulin fiber instead of maltodextrin

Forget using:
    -MCT's are a waste when you're dieting. If you're gonna use FATS for an energy source, they might as well serve a function in the body. MCTs are useless. They can only serve as a source of energy!
    -Arginine is not going to do anything. It will DO something; just not dramatic.

Cardio:
    CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

never do less than 20 min per session

The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high protein/moderate fat/low carb diety).

Do you feel the treadmill is better for cardio, or is the bike(stationary or recumbent) just as good? As long as the intensity is LOW, it doesn't matter which piece of equipment you use

Q&A:
    Q: Is gluconeogenesis inevitable in your diet?
    Dave Palumbo: NO

Q: If so do I need to consume more than 1.5 grams of protein per lb of LBM so as not to lose muscle?
    Dave Palumbo: The fat spares the protein....when the brain is in ketosis, the carbohydrate requirements are very very low.

Q: How much (percentage) of my protein intake would be turned into glucose (gluconeogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: Very little (maybe 10%)

Q: What do you think of submersion in cold water as a means of burning bodyfat (thermogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: HOCUS POKUS!

Q: How about drinking lots of cold water (I think this was even suggested by Elligton Darden) to help lose bodyfat?
    Dave Palumbo: RIDICULOUS

Q: Do you think drinking lots of Green Tea is beneficial to fat loss?
    Dave Palumbo: Somewhat helpful.

Q: How much is the ideal dosage of Omega 3 for a 220 lb. individual ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to take in about 9g per day

Q: How many Tbs of peanut butter could I have instead of 1/2 cup of cashewnuts?
    Dave Palumbo: 2 tablespoons, two tablespoons of Peanut Butter contains 190 calories and 16 grams of fat (so 1.5 tablespoon equals about 12 grams fat) ...whereas......... 2oz (1/3 cup) almonds (about 40 almonds) = 12g fat

Q: I want to add that if I cant find the omega eggs here locally. Can I use international egg whites and just take an omega supplement?
    Dave Palumbo: You can get away with 5 whole eggs (regular ones) once a day........not a big deal. You'll be burning up all that fat anyway.

Q: Whats the max cups # of coffee ( no sugar ) can consume on Dave's diet ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to limit to 2 cups per day.......I realize that towards the end of the diet you may need more to help you get through the day.

Q: If you cook tilapia in macadamon nut oil?do you coun't the oil as your fat for that meal! Depends how much you use.
    Dave Palumbo: If you just grease the pan with it, no!

Q: what is the protein,carb and fat ratio for offseason
    Dave Palumbo: 50% Protein, 25% fat, 25% carbs

Q: and the ratio for contest prep.
    Dave Palumbo:60% protein, 30% fat, 10% carbs

^^^^^^^
    the above part was copied from the previous thread started by Sick.

Female Diet

Alternate 1 day on DIET #1..... 2 days on DIET #2 and then repeat.

Diet #1

Meal #1 - 12 egg whites
    Meal #2 - 40g whey protein
    Meal #3 - 6oz chicken with 1-cup asparagus or green beans
    Meal #4 - 6oz white fish (fluke, flounder, sole, ect.) With a green salad with vinegar & mustard (no olive or macadamia nut oil)
    Meal #5 - 35g whey protein or 12 egg whites

Diet #2

Meal #1 - 2 whole (omega-3) eggs with 6 egg whites
    Meal #2 - 35g whey protein with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
    Meal #3 - 6oz chicken with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)
    Meal #4 - 6oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or mac nut oil and vinegar
    Meal #5 - 35g whey with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (omega-3) eggs with 6 white

deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deut1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On your cheat days do you guys still do meals 1-5 and on the 6th meal you go nuts? I'm just not really sure how to incorporate it because it seems like with all the food people list as their cheat, it would have taken them the entire day to eat it all.

And do you guys do cardio 7 days a week, even on off days?
    Last edited by deut1; 12-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.

eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I really need some advice.

Right now I am at around 150kg, Bodyfat 39%. Eating around 2500kcl. Doing Atkins. So Macros are 200 fat / 120 Prot / 40 KH.

But I am staying at 150kg and nothing is happening. The Ketostix also show nothing anymore; only light trace. I tried to cycle calories, cut aspartam, cheese, coffein. Nothing worked. I also did 2 Loadingdays, which also resulted in nothing.

I am quite desperate right now. What macro ratio should I use?
    What calories should I consume (calculators show 2800 als BMR, harris benedict and mifflin stjoer with lean body mass get around 2200kcl)?

Also tried fat fast for 3 days but also nothing...stays at 150kg

I also measured blood ketones but they just increase after eating... So basic its around 0,3-0,4 which just says that I am in ketose. But refering to diet doctor or general the "optimal ketosis" it should be around 1,5-3.

So my body just disperts the excessive fat but not my storage fat? Or what could be the problem?

duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks like this thread died. Haven't posted in years but this diet was sick and got me super lean. Still got 8 more weeks to go. Anybody still following Dave's diet?
    **Team Scivation Member**

eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool

did you count calories?!

or measure ketones?

duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10) duecetre305 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eraser51 View Post
    cool

did you count calories?!

or measure ketones?
    Just followed the 1.5x/.5 times BW strategy. Cant get any simpler

Avngl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello guys,

A little bit about myself. I am 180 pounds , 6'2 in height. About 22% body fat. Had been doing keto for a month plus but currently having a stall in dropping my weight. I am told because I am spending too much time in the gym (2 hours+ on average, 5 days a week @ Weightlifting without any cardio).

Anyways, I am planning on following a 12-week program on bodybuilding.com (Lee Labrada's get lean program) and would like to follow Dave Palumbo's keto diet while I complete the program.

Based on my stats, I would have to consume:

225g Protein (1.25g /lb)
    90g Fat (.5 /lb)

My meal plan is as below:

Breakfast:
    5 Eggs (Omega 3) + 1 Piece of Bacon

In-Between:
    1 scoop of Dymatize Iso 100 Protein

Lunch:
    8 Oz (226g) of Chicken Thigh + Spinach

Post Workout

Dinner:
    8 Oz (226g) of Chicken Thigh + Broccoli

Bedtime:
    2 scoops of Inner Armor Casein

This would be my meal for 7 days a week.

I have added these values into fatsecret.com (minus the vegetables) and it came out with:

Fat: 96.45g
    Carbs: 13.92
    Protein: 230.16
    KCals: 1890

Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (3%)
    Fat (46%)
    Protein (51%)

1. Is this good and can I proceed eating like this?
    2. I will be taking additional supplements (Orange Triad + Greens, Fish Oil & Creatine). I will not be taking any peanut butter as the ones sold in my country (Malaysia) are all laden with sugar / shady ingredients. Since I am hitting my macros, I don't have to be concerned about it right?
    3. I understand that I would be allowed to have a 'cheat meal' once per week. In terms of carbohydrate, how much should my cheat meal weight?

your protein is way too low for Dave's diet. For you it would be 180 lbs x 1.5= 270 grams. fats looks good, except bacon is not part of the diet. As for the cheat meal keep it around 300 grams of carbs while eating enough protein as you would in any other meal.

Originally Posted by Avngl View Post
    Hello guys,

A little bit about myself. I am 180 pounds , 6'2 in height. About 22% body fat. Had been doing keto for a month plus but currently having a stall in dropping my weight. I am told because I am spending too much time in the gym (2 hours+ on average, 5 days a week @ Weightlifting without any cardio).

Anyways, I am planning on following a 12-week program on bodybuilding.com (Lee Labrada's get lean program) and would like to follow Dave Palumbo's keto diet while I complete the program.

Based on my stats, I would have to consume:

225g Protein (1.25g /lb)
    90g Fat (.5 /lb)

My meal plan is as below:

Breakfast:
    5 Eggs (Omega 3) + 1 Piece of Bacon

In-Between:

Lunch:
    8 Oz (226g) of Chicken Thigh + Spinach

Post Workout

Dinner:
    8 Oz (226g) of Chicken Thigh + Broccoli

Bedtime:
    2 scoops of Inner Armor Casein

This would be my meal for 7 days a week.

I have added these values into fatsecret.com (minus the vegetables) and it came out with:

Fat: 96.45g
    Carbs: 13.92
    Protein: 230.16
    KCals: 1890

Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (3%)
    Fat (46%)
    Protein (51%)

1. Is this good and can I proceed eating like this?
    2. I will be taking additional supplements (Orange Triad + Greens, Fish Oil & Creatine). I will not be taking any peanut butter as the ones sold in my country (Malaysia) are all laden with sugar / shady ingredients. Since I am hitting my macros, I don't have to be concerned about it right?
    3. I understand that I would be allowed to have a 'cheat meal' once per week. In terms of carbohydrate, how much should my cheat meal weight?

Location: Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    inayat4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help

Hi guys I am looking to go on my first cut ever, just got Into bodybuilding last year and now that I have build some mass I want to refine it down.

I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help,

Firstly when cooking the chicken would this be pan fired or grilled. If pan fried which oil would you use and how much of it

Secondly the protein shakes, does these need to be consumed with milk or water ??

Lastly if I added a little bit od peppercorn sauce to my beef for taste would that be allowed ??

bump

Bump

cheat meal

Also what would be a good example of a cheat meal ??

rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by inayat4 View Post
    Hi guys I am looking to go on my first cut ever, just got Into bodybuilding last year and now that I have build some mass I want to refine it down.

I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help,

Firstly when cooking the chicken would this be pan fired or grilled. If pan fried which oil would you use and how much of it

Secondly the protein shakes, does these need to be consumed with milk or water ??

Lastly if I added a little bit od peppercorn sauce to my beef for taste would that be allowed ??
    No milk on this diet. Follow the front page diet, I wouldn't make any additions or substitutions until you master the diet. If you change it up, you aren't doing the Palumbo Diet.
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by inayat4 View Post
    Also what would be a good example of a cheat meal ??
    68 grams of BRO after your superset of bi's and tri's.
    "A lot of people b*tch (a lot) about having to restrict their food intake. It's no fun but that's the price you pay: you can either suck it up or stay fat." - Lyle McDonald

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tuck80 View Post
    What supplements do people take on this diet?

I've been taking 5g creatine, Optimen (multi-vitamins), and Animal Test. Was planning to stay on Test for two cycles, which is about how long I want to stay on the diet.
    no creatine or animal test they will kick you out of ketosis.....take 3000mg of omega 3 and a good multi vit and fibre supp
    Hi guys,

Craving fruit?
    Originally Posted by Auburn RSX-S View Post
    Asparagus
    Bok Choy
    Broccoli
    Broccoli Rabe
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard
    Chicory Greens
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Endive
    Fennel
    Garlic
    Green Bean
    Jalapeno
    Lettuce, Green Leaf
    Lettuce, Romaine
    Parsley
    Radish
    Spinach
    Soy Bean
    Zucchini

List taken from this thread (which I HIGHLY recommend you read through.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293
    this ^^^^^^
    Originally Posted by scudda View Post
    How long can you stay on this diet?
    as long as you feel the need too.
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

Originally Posted by ste247 View Post
    no creatine or animal test they will kick you out of ketosis.....take 3000mg of omega 3 and a good multi vit and fibre supp

this ^^^^^^

as long as you feel the need too.
    really 3000mg omega 3?

is this much needed?

I just upped to 2000mg

can you recommend a fibre supp?
    or better veggies?

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by eraser51 View Post
    really 3000mg omega 3?

is this much needed?

I just upped to 2000mg

can you recommend a fibre supp?
    or better veggies?
    yeah 3000mg and plenty of salt on your meals. if you read back on this thread in the early days we all had 3000mg of omega its what palumbo recommends

and pasylum husks are a good fibre source
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

ssmithba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone have this diet for a 170 lb male? Been looking for a while now and can't find anything so I
    thought I would ask. Thanks.

bluenose87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi I am starting this diet for the first time in two weeks time. can someone check the below info?

I currently weigh 160lbs and looking to cut for October and plan on doing this for 8 weeks.

Meal 1
    3x omega 3 eggs (o carbs, 14 fat, 21g protein)
    2x egg whites (o carbs, 0 fat, 8g protein)

Meal 2
    My Protein - total protein (60g) - (2g carbs, 2g fat, 47g protein)
    My Protein - peanut butter (15g) - (3g carbs, 8g fat, 4g protein)

Meal 3
    Chicken breast - no skin (150g) - (0g carbs, 12g fat, 44g protein)
    1/4 cup almonds - (5g carbs, 12g fat, 5g protein)

Meal 4
    My Protein - total protein (60g) (2g carbs, 2g fat, 47g protein)

Meal 5
    1 cup of broccoli steamed - (6g carbs, 1g fat, 3g protein)
    1 frying steak (166g) - (0g carbs, 4g fat, 32g protein)
    0.5 tablespoon of olive oil - (0g carbs, 7g fat, 32g protein)

Meal 6
    My Protein - total protein (60g) (2g carbs, 2g fat, 47g protein)

I make that 25g carbs, 79g fat and 242g protein with 1740 calories in total.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bumped and subbed

Closed Thread