bhori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which Power rack?????

I was bout to pull the trigger and buy a Body solid Pro with LAT + stacking 200lbs. for 1079 shipped. I thought it was a good price. After reading on the NET I have been getting mixed reviews on the lat attachment pull down. Can anyone chime in please?

I know Body craft has one as well, can anyone chime in and tell me how the lat pull down feels?

Has anyone used this company (Atlantis Fitness- exercise-equipment-parts.com to get the weights and add it on to a LAt attachment to replace the plate loaded system?

Powertec- I like it but doesnt have the stacking 200lbs-

What am I looking for?

Power rack w/ Lat attachment + 200lbs stacking weights.

Any recommendations.

clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bhori View Post
    I was bout to pull the trigger and buy a Body solid Pro with LAT + stacking 200lbs. for 1079 shipped. I thought it was a good price. After reading on the NET I have been getting mixed reviews on the lat attachment pull down. Can anyone chime in please?

I know Body craft has one as well, can anyone chime in and tell me how the lat pull down feels?

Has anyone used this company (Atlantis Fitness- exercise-equipment-parts.com to get the weights and add it on to a LAt attachment to replace the plate loaded system?

What am I looking for?

Any recommendations.
    a lat pull down can be fabricated really easy and it will actually save space compare to the premade one, however most premade one are high low pulley, they high part you can make relatively easy, the low pulley is another story (also can be made but it's no where as easy as the high pulley.

so it depends on what you need, if you just want a high pulley you can just get any rack, throw a pulley on and throw some weight on, problem solve, but if you want a low pulley you'll need to get one premade, they're better than the DIY version for sure.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What am I looking for?

Any recommendations.

Personally, I wouldn't want a lat attachment on my rack.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like having a lat attachment on my rack - not that I use it for lat pulldowns.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I like having a lat attachment on my rack - not that I use it for lat pulldowns.
    which rack/lat pull down system you have?

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want a lat attachment on my rack.
    I might not use it for the lat pull down but I would like to have it there just in case. I would like to tri ceps with it as well. This rack/lat system im looking for would be mainly for weekend burnouts.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    racks that i've seen that have a lat pull down stack aren't very good or smooth.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

shutterup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What am I looking for?

Any recommendations.

Iv'e had the Body-Solid commercial GR378 with the lat/200lbs weight stack, and I am really happy with the setup.

However a couple things I don't like....about the weight stack

The plates are not as refined as you would find on a top of the line 3000+ machine.<----been really picky here
    However for the price its better, way better than some Ive seen (in person) in the same price range
    Another thing is the safety pin its not the type where you push it in and turn to lock it in place, it just pushes in, but it stays in place by way of 4 steel bearing balls, not a problem.
    Another thing in the manual it shows where 2 bolts suppose to screw down on top of the lat to hold the guide rods in place, Those bolts where not needed because I guess it was a redesign, the rods are secured in place by allen screws.
    The last thing is the numbers that goes on the weight stack is not numbered by the pounds its numbered from 1-23 this stupid, but minor you can buy the "pound" stickers online.

For me all the things I mentioned above are minor if not trivial...

Things I like....
    You could add standard weights if want to later on
    The lat is smooth no rubbing clunking or sticking
    The parts that attach to the rack is very sturdy and stout.
    pulleys are smooth no rubbing...
    Adjustable foot rest for seated row...

After all is said and done I could not be happier. If I was to buy a rack and lat all over again I would not hesitate on this rack and lat setup.
    MIND
    _______

MATTER

Originally Posted by shutterup View Post
    Iv'e had the Body-Solid commercial GR378 with the lat/200lbs weight stack, and I am really happy with the setup.

However a couple things I don't like....about the weight stack

The plates are not as refined as you would find on a top of the line 3000+ machine.<----been really picky here
    However for the price its better, way better than some Ive seen (in person) in the same price range
    Another thing is the safety pin its not the type where you push it in and turn to lock it in place, it just pushes in, but it stays in place by way of 4 steel bearing balls, not a problem.
    Another thing in the manual it shows where 2 bolts suppose to screw down on top of the lat to hold the guide rods in place, Those bolts where not needed because I guess it was a redesign, the rods are secured in place by allen screws.
    The last thing is the numbers that goes on the weight stack is not numbered by the pounds its numbered from 1-23 this stupid, but minor you can buy the "pound" stickers online.

For me all the things I mentioned above are minor if not trivial...

Things I like....
    You could add standard weights if want to later on
    The lat is smooth no rubbing clunking or sticking
    The parts that attach to the rack is very sturdy and stout.
    pulleys are smooth no rubbing...
    Adjustable foot rest for seated row...

After all is said and done I could not be happier. If I was to buy a rack and lat all over again I would not hesitate on this rack and lat setup.
    Wow, Thanks for your thought on that helped alot! I will consider it.

I have been digging in some more and now my two choices are
    Tuff stuff w/lat attachment +200lbs stack

or

Body-Solid w/lat attachment +200lbs stack

Any thoughts on tuff stuff besides the Price difference =)

Thanks.

RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoTors is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    racks that i've seen that have a lat pull down stack aren't very good or smooth.
    Which racks have you seen? Starting to look around for racks and am considering the lat pull down option. Thanks.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RoTors View Post
    Which racks have you seen? Starting to look around for racks and am considering the lat pull down option. Thanks.
    power-tech and my old Weider rack. those were plate loaded It felt like it would get hung up.
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have this version of the Tuff Stuff rack with the 200 pound stack and love it. If you are short on space like I am then an attached weight stack is a must. This isn't the biggest/baddest rack in the world but it is stable enough with dips and pullups that I barely feel any sway.

Edit: Also, the weight stack feels pretty smooth. It's not as nice as the $2000 lat pull stack you find at your local gym but you shouldn't notice a whole lot of difference.

http://www.apollofit.com/product.php...ode=proddetail

clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    power-tech and my old Weider rack. those were plate loaded It felt like it would get hung up.
    that's pretty much the story with plate loaded pulley, the weights are never equal on both sides, then you have to consider the area that it's on (also can't be perfectly flat), the end result is that it's always leaning toward 1 side or the other = friction on the pole.

the square shape poles are even worst lol, fabricated pulley where there's no pole might be smoother.

I'm not a fan of pulley on power rack (especially cheap ones), I don't maintain my gear so those things get worst and worst over time.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't really go wrong with the body solid or powertec racks for the money. But there are often great deals on full commercial racks about, (I've often seen them on ebay go for cheaper then the bodysolids). I don't like the lat pulldown attachments but a pullup bar on it is a must for me.

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP
    I know you stated your preference was to have a lat attachment with a weight stack, but I was wondering about your specific reasoning.

While weight stacks are certainly more convenient and quicker, I can honestly say that my experience with plate loaded lat machines has been nothing but fantastic.

I bought the 2010 Powertec rack with the lat attachment when it first came out, and it is ridiculoulsy smooth. I upgraded to this one from an older Powertec that I would guess was at least 10 years old when I got it used off craigslist. That older rack also had a lat attachment and was very smooth even though the previous owner had left it exposed to the elements and the guide rails to the lat attachment had areas where the chrome finish had chipped away and was continuing to do so.

Additionally, I see no issues with the lat attachment when weights are placed unevenly, though I don't see the need to load it unevenly. You could easily just load equal weights on both sides. Also, if you feel that having a weight stack makes the rack more stable, I can assure you that just have the lat attachment makes a great deal of difference regardless if there is a weight stack or not.

I guess my point is that unless you need to be changing large amounts of weight quickly, plate loaded machines are not a bad choice.

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood127 View Post
    OP
    I know you stated your preference was to have a lat attachment with a weight stack, but I was wondering about your specific reasoning.

While weight stacks are certainly more convenient and quicker, I can honestly say that my experience with plate loaded lat machines has been nothing but fantastic.

I bought the 2010 Powertec rack with the lat attachment when it first came out, and it is ridiculoulsy smooth. I upgraded to this one from an older Powertec that I would guess was at least 10 years old when I got it used off craigslist. That older rack also had a lat attachment and was very smooth even though the previous owner had left it exposed to the elements and the guide rails to the lat attachment had areas where the chrome finish had chipped away and was continuing to do so.

Additionally, I see no issues with the lat attachment when weights are placed unevenly, though I don't see the need to load it unevenly. You could easily just load equal weights on both sides. Also, if you feel that having a weight stack makes the rack more stable, I can assure you that just have the lat attachment makes a great deal of difference regardless if there is a weight stack or not.

I guess my point is that unless you need to be changing large amounts of weight quickly, plate loaded machines are not a bad choice.
    My reason for the lat attachment is because of limited space, I will be burnin out on it after when I get back from gym. I know it won't be sturdy like gym quality but I just need something good. Not A+ like gym but a B quality is fine. Also I would like to do some tri's +ect.

I need want the weight stack because when my wife works out with me I don't want to keep loading and unloading to me defeats the purpose of home gym. To me a home gym should be on the side of ease to use.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DrFeelgood127 View Post
    OP

I'm with you, if the rack is made by a quality manufacturer, the lat attachment will be more than sufficient. Never had a problem with the lat tower on my Parabody, even with I load it unevenly.

Bottom line for the OP - if you want a rack with a lat attachment and can afford it, get it. There are far worse things to spend money on in a gym. If you want a plate loaded one, just be aware that it is probably gonna cost more and will definitely suck when it's time to move it.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My reason for the lat attachment is because of limited space, I will be burnin out on it after when I get back from gym. I know it won't be sturdy like gym quality but I just need something good. Not A+ like gym but a B quality is fine. Also I would like to do some tri's +ect.

I need want the weight stack because when my wife works out with me I don't want to keep loading and unloading to me defeats the purpose of home gym. To me a home gym should be on the side of ease to use.
    I guess your are gonna need a weight stack then if the wife is working in with you.
    That said, of the two choices you listed, the real decision would be between the types of safeties, either box/quick release, or the pop-pins. I perfer the box safeties of the Body Solid and the fact that you could add more weight to the stack with the adapter.

Another thing to consider is the ROM of an attached unit. Some folks over 6 feet complain that they are limiting. I find that alot of things can be worked around, either by altering bench height or being willing to sit on the ground.

Has anyone ever tried two pullys from the ceiling with a load pin and weights.
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps