IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

B-Line resistance bands

Anybody use these with p90x? I have dumbbells but only up to 35lbs and its a pain to carry them to the top floor from the basement to workout.(basement ceiling is to low to do a lot of exercises) Mixed reviews. Some say good some say bad. Here is the super kit. 20-40 pounds.
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...s/super_kit.do
    this is the extreme kit. 40-50 pounds.
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...extreme_kit.do

The dumbbells i have are 10,20,25,35
    Any input is greatly appreciated Ian.

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used b-lines for reg P90 a very long time ago and didnt notice any strength increases, if anything stick to your dumbbells that you have and try to get some powerblocks....its a night and day difference in the programs.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I'd say even in bands there ae a lot better options out there:

http://www.mybodylastics.com/
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok thanks for the input. Yea i did see the bodylastics one. They seem like there worth a try... just about same amount of money and they clip on and off which is a hell of a lot easier.

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I'd say even in bands there ae a lot better options out there:

http://www.mybodylastics.com/
    Any coupons around for these ?

I looked but haven't found any so if anyone finds a E-coupon please post it..will rep.

Thanks
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."~~~Benjamin Franklin

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    Any coupons around for these ?

I looked but haven't found any so if anyone finds a E-coupon please post it..will rep.

Thanks
    You'll only find misleading sites searching for bodylastic coupons. Basically they don't exist. They are pricey but IMHO worth it given the lifetime guarantee/replacement policy and surprising workout you get from their use. I have a couple of sets and use them to supplement workouts and take with me when I travel. As an added bonus, the handles can be used on any pulley system with a carabiner or quick-link.

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks...no wonder I couldn't find any deals. Wanted to get 2 sets (one as a Christmas Gift) and was hoping to save a few smackers.

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood127 View Post
    You'll only find misleading sites searching for bodylastic coupons. Basically they don't exist. They are pricey but IMHO worth it given the lifetime guarantee/replacement policy and surprising workout you get from their use. I have a couple of sets and use them to supplement workouts and take with me when I travel. As an added bonus, the handles can be used on any pulley system with a carabiner or quick-link.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."~~~Benjamin Franklin

yea a coupon would be great.

Originally Posted by IH33 View Post
    yea a coupon would be great.
    They have a coupon code box on their site when checking out ( I didn't buy them) but no coupons to be found on the net.

I called them today about 3pm est (They're open 9am to 5pm est) and hold music came on for almost 15 minutes but no one picked up then I was disconnected saying to call back. I called back and the same shiat happened ...WTF ?

I wanted to ask them if there was a coupon code out there being I was going to purchase 2 body elastic sets which would run about $220.00 total so a coupon would have saved me a few bucks.

I'll pass ...

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Change of perspective. Dont look at carrying the weight from the basement to the top floor as a hassle but part of your routine..after all..you are moving the weight to workout..cant think of a better leg exercise than steps and weight.

"People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

Did some researching on cords..here's what I found.

----------------------------------------------

http://www.ripcords.com/ripcords-packages.html

Rip Cords

Power Tension 6 PACK
    (Black Sniper Edition)

With DVD $67.90
    Without DVD $ 57.90

TENSION APPROX WEIGHT*
    Yellow Ripcord Very Light 3 - 8 lbs
    Orange Ripcord Light 8 - 14 lbs
    Green Ripcord Medium 14 - 20 lbs
    Red Ripcord Heavy 20 - 30 lbs
    Blue Ripcord Very Heavy 30 - 42 lbs
    Black Sniper Ripcord Extreme 42 - 62 lbs
    Door Hook
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Bodylastics

http://www.bodylastics.com/bodylasticsTODVD.html

Bodylastics

$109.81

Yellow Elastic Tension: 5 lbs.
    Green Elastic Tension: 7 lbs.
    Red Elastic Tension: 13 lbs.
    Blue Elastic Tension: 19 lbs.
    Black Elastic Tension: 23 lbs
    2 Orange Elastics 30 lbs. tension

4 Ankle straps with welded O rings
    2 Soft foam (it won't damage your door) Door anchors
    1 complete User Book - 76 pages
    1 Terrell Owens Workout & Diet Guide 12 pages
    1 Circuit Training DVD
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"Ripcords? products are dedicated to developing the best home fitness equipment. See for yourself:

Not all resistance products are created equally. Here is why Ripcords? rubber is superior.

All Ripcords? resistance products are manufactured utilizing the strongest rubber and latex available. We construct the Ripcords? resistance tubing using the RPC Sequential Layering Process?. This proprietary method is superior to any other process including extruding or dipping, used by our competitors. Because of our RPC Sequential Layering Process?, Ripcords? are known as the top quality brand on the market.

This quality assurance is backed by the confidence of our free lifetime replacement warranty on all Ripcords? resistance products. Not only does our RPC Sequential Layering Process? result in the strongest tubing, but the process itself is more environmentally friendly than those used by knock-offs and competitors. We use only natural (non-synthetic) rubber and the tubing is cured using solar energy instead of burning fossil fuels.

Most importantly the Sequential Layering Process? means that IF a small tear forms in your cords that tear will not immediately spread and snap your cord which leaves you with a safer, sturdier product. It is analogous to having thousands of little firewalls stopping the damage from spreading at each and every spot. However, please note: should you spot a tear in your cord, please do not hesitate to send it back for a free replacement prior to it snapping.

We have also gone to great lengths to create the most comfortable, ergonomic grip, handle on the market.

Please beware of inferior products; if it does not say Ripcords?, it is not a genuine certified Ripcords? product"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodylastics

"The Best Home Gym You Will Ever Own! Bodylastics is a complete home gym system. We designed this system in 1996 to outperform the most popular and expensive large bulky home gyms.

Smoothest Resistance - When we were first developing the Bodylastics Home Gym System, we searched for the smoothest source of resistance on the planet. Well, we found it - Elastic tubing. Not only is elastic tubing super smooth when you stretch it, but it is incredibly light and flexible. That means it is easy to store - no extra room needed!

Once we decided that elastic tubing would be our resistance "engine", we set out to design a system that could create several levels of tension. This would enable users of all strength levels to get the best results possible. So, we created the Bodylastics Quick Clip System. Our elastics have solid aluminum clips secured to the ends so that they can be easily attached to handles and ankle straps. This simple yet effective design gives users the ability to generate from 15 to 94 levels of tension (depending on which set you order)"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

After not being able to get thru to Bodylastics on the phone and not finding any coupon codes ( Found one 10% code that didn't work ..Code: CMTN10 ) I decided to research other bands.

So for me the it seems Ripcord has a much better variation of tension on their cords plus if your order comes to $75 you get free shipping. I would add another door hook ($8)to get the free shipping. Plus there's a code on their site for an additional %10 off and a free travel bag.See here for codes http://www.ripcords.com/specials/

Bodylastics charges almost $10 for shipping. I also don't need a diet book or the DVD. Both have a 90 Day Money Back Guarantee and Lifetime Replacement Warranty .

OK Bodylastics has the clip on where you can add other cords.

As for me I don't plan on using them for weightlifting style but more for rehab for my shoulder and elbow so the clip on system to add more cords really doesn't work for me. If I do want to go that route in the future ( I Don't ) I could always add a clip /carabiner (I have tons of them) to the handle strap. Not as neat as the bodylastics but you get the idea..

So the bottom line is I'm glad Bodylastics didn't answer the phone and no coupons to be found . I saved some buckaroo's and have better tension on the Ripcords

Will be buying a set for me and one as a Christmas gift .

Another reason I chose Ripcord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_band

[edit] Manufacturing
    The manufacturing process is a complicated one which involves extruding the rubber into a long tube to provide its general shape, putting the tubes on mandrels and curing the rubber with heat, and then slicing it across the width of the tube into little bands.[2][3] While other rubber products may use synthetic rubber, rubber bands are still primarily manufactured using natural rubber because of its superior elasticity. The rubber band comes from the sap of a rubber tree.

[edit] Material
    Most rubber bands today are produced from synthetic rubber but rubber originated from the sap of the rubber tree. Natural rubber is made from latex which is acquired by tapping into the bark layers of the rubber tree. Rubber trees belong to the spurge family (Euphorbiaceae) and live in warm, tropical areas. Once the latex has been “tapped” and is exposed to the air it begins to harden and become elastic, or “rubbery.” Rubber trees only survive in hot, humid climates near the equator and so the majority of latex is produced in the Southeast Asian countries of Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.

Today more than three quarters of all rubber products are made from synthetic rubber. Modern synthetic rubber is made by mixing petroleum byproducts in a reactor with soapsuds which produces milky liquid latex. The liquid is then coagulated into rubber chunk and then sold to rubber manufacturers who in turn melt the rubber down and pour it into molds to create various products. The advancement of manufacturing and increased production of synthetic rubber is due partially to the United States being cut off from rubber supplies during World War II

You can custom build your own cables here. Pick out what type of handle here http://www.lifelineusa.com/en/produc...n=all-products

Then pick out which cable you want here
    http://www.lifelineusa.com/products/...-cables&detail

You can swap cables with the same handle .

!0 different cables offered..

From the site
    "All of our Cables are color-coded, with each color representing a different amount of resistance. As a rule, when the Cable is stretched to twice its normal length, the following list applies:"

R1 Teal - 10 lbs
    R2 Purple - 20 lbs
    R3 Pink - 30 lbs
    R4 Magenta - 40 lbs
    R5 Orange - 50 lbs
    R6 Red - 60 lbs
    R7 Yellow - 70 lbs
    R8 Green - 80 lbs
    R9 Blue - 90 lbs
    R10 Black - 100 lbs

Plus some Christmas deals going on
    http://www.lifelineusa.com/products/current-promotions

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whats the difference between these bands and the bands powerlifters use?

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Look up Bands on any powlifing supply site and you will see the difference. Powlifters use big rubber bands these are cords with handles.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    Another reason I chose Ripcord
    Are you still happy with the Ripcords Blue? I'm training with the fire department and we're doing a lot of band work so I thought I'd pickup a set. I was gonna just go with the Bodylastics until I found this thread. So you really think the Ripcords are better?

edit: also, why didn't you go with the Lifeline cables? They seem to be the most durable.
    Last edited by BigToddy; 03-13-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Sorry for the late reply haven't been around much.

Anyway I did buy the Ripcords because of the RPC Sequential Layering Process (see previous post) and also bought the lifeline cords.

I can't compare them to BE as I don't own them . ..sorry

Would I buy them again .yes. They do the job for me which was rehab

I put a light coating of oil on them to keep them from drying out and suggest you do the same
    and never leave them laying out in the sun.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by daver0280 View Post
    The best bands are ElastiTone and Bodylastics, both are about the same, one has DGS (a piece of string in the band that stops people stretching the band beyond 4.8 metres, not that you would do this anyway if you had any common sense) the other has stronger hooks, better resistance ratings and a cheaper price if you live in the UK. If in the US i would choose bodylastics, if in the UK i would choose ElastiTone. I would not choose ripcords, as even the black sniper has a low resistance in comparison to the mentioned 2 and the handles are way to small for my hands, the darn nylon scrapes on my knuckle every time on the bicep curl.
    Any opinion on the Lifeline USA bands/cables?

I'm using Lifeline USA cables, but I haven't compared them to any of the others mentioned in this thread. I've never had one fail and some of the ones that I own have been used twice a week for nearly two years now.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daver0280 View Post
    Final update regarding this matter, I told ripcords that i WILL report them to trading standards and the BBB unless they remove all of the false advertising and missleading info from their site about the layers etc which seem to have been made up all along, with no such things trademarked or patents existing and no proof at all they are stronger than other bands which is blatant false advertising, they look exactly like cheap extruded bands and are nothing like the bands by Lifeline or elastitone which ARE layered, and they have now removed all mentionings of RPC layering etc, so it looks like i was right to investigate them and their claims and hope this has helped a lot of people out. NEVER believe what you read on ANY site without asking for proof first, if you get told they use a special technology or patented method, ask for proof! If they cant give you any, report them. Too many peole will believe anything nowadays!
    Repped for Superman vigilante-ism...

Or at least Clark Kent vigilante-ism.