Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)

This may be dumb but I am going to ask.

Whats the deal with stocking caps? I can see it if you get cold but I am seeing many 20+ BF guys wairing them in the gym.

In the past I never wore one and got down to 4% no problem. Heck shivering burns calleries. As long as your nutrition is there and you don't get over cold your body won't triger putting on fat. Liveing in WI and cold winters ya my body wants to trigger for winter fat.
    As long as your muscles are warmed up before working out whats the deal?
    I have always had short hair and wore a body sling during work outs.
    I'm just wondering because I seen this today again.
    Last edited by RichKnapp; 12-04-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do you think guys are wearing stocking caps to aid in fat burning?

pretty sure it's just a fashion thing....

kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    do you think guys are wearing stocking caps to aid in fat burning?

pretty sure it's just a fashion thing....
    Agreed. Actually, I started wearing a stocking cap at the gym in an effort to keep the earbuds of my iPod firmly in place, and after a while it got to be a habit. Also, the temperature at my gym is usually pretty low, so I'm quite cold at the beginning of my workout.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wear one to look bdass, and to keep my messy hair in check
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kennethbanks View Post
    Agreed. Actually, I started wearing a stocking cap at the gym in an effort to keep the earbuds of my iPod firmly in place, and after a while it got to be a habit. Also, the temperature at my gym is usually pretty low, so I'm quite cold at the beginning of my workout.
    Bingo. I actually started wearing one when I got down to lower BF and my metabolism is total crap, I get cold. It gets to a point where I dont even sweat towards the end of a workout (almost). So, the cap gets me warmed up much faster.....and I found as a bonus that it keeps my earbuds in. So, I have grown to like the stocking cap.

Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    I wear one to look bdass, and to keep my messy hair in check
    ...... im bald so it makes me feel like im not old.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post

...... im bald so it makes me feel like im not old.
    I'm sure I'll get there soon. If I can make it to 30 w/ hair I'll consider myself very fortunate.

2011 Prep Journal

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm sure I'll get there soon. If I can make it to 30 w/ hair I'll consider myself very fortunate.
    The cruel irony of this being said in a competition BB forum is not lost.....
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL. GOod luck! I'm 40 and have been slowly but surely loosing it. Not enough to go for the full rip yet; not enough to look as good as I can. Kind of Lid-Pergatory. Consider yourself fortunate if you either shed it quick or not at all.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) derreckataylor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    Whats the deal with stocking caps? I can see it if you get cold but I am seeing many 20+ BF guys wairing them in the gym.

In the past I never wore one and got down to 4% no problem. Heck shivering burns calleries. As long as your nutrition is there and you don't get over cold your body won't triger putting on fat. Liveing in WI and cold winters ya my body wants to trigger for winter fat.
    As long as your muscles are warmed up before working out whats the deal?
    I have always had short hair and wore a body sling during work outs.
    I'm just wondering because I seen this today again.
    Interesting question. Historically speaking, Black men have worn stocking caps not as a fashion statement, but to produce waves in our hair; we put a little bit of hair grease on our heads, put the stocking cap on, and voila, we have wavy hair. My grandfather even did it when he was a shorty in the 1930's and 40's. . . the only difference is we did it in the confines of our homes. It wasn't until the mid to late 90's, when bruhs started wearing stocking caps in public, it became accepted as a part of hip hop culture, and like most things that start off in "hoods" across the nation, pretty soon the whole world is imitating it. . . little history lesson

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by derreckataylor View Post
    Interesting question. Historically speaking, Black men have worn stocking caps not as a fashion statement, but to produce waves in our hair; we put a little bit of hair grease on our heads, put the stocking cap on, and voila, we have wavy hair. My grandfather even did it when he was a shorty in the 1930's and 40's. . . the only difference is we did it in the confines of our homes. It wasn't until the mid to late 90's, when bruhs started wearing stocking caps in public, it became accepted as a part of hip hop culture, and like most things that start off in "hoods" across the nation, pretty soon the whole world is imitating it. . . little history lesson
    Oh, yea.....thats the OTHER reason I wear a cap....
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Well, I do like hip-hop

2011 Prep Journal

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ya I knew the DEW RAG thing, but that didn't explain the white boy. LOL
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=