Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500)
    a great lifestyle.
    i personally don't recommend 1 meal a day, or eating windows.
    just have two meals a day (25%cals dedicated to pre, 75% to post) on workout days.
    two meals on non workout days (similar split, breakfast/noon or noon/supper).
    simple. make sure you get enough protein (1g/bw minimum)
    mod raped.

Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by I_Shaw_I View Post
    a great lifestyle.
    i personally don't recommend 1 meal a day, or eating windows.
    just have two meals a day (25%cals dedicated to pre, 75% to post) on workout days.
    two meals on non workout days (similar split, breakfast/noon or noon/supper).
    simple. make sure you get enough protein (1g/bw minimum)
    I'd highly suggest you read the book, there's certainly a method behind this madness and alot of it lies in activating either your sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous systems at different points in the day.

tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bojanglesk8 View Post
    Bodybuilders don't need as much food as they think to maintain muscle.
    AGREE 100%. 30 grams of protein every 3 hours just isnt necessary for the average guy to gain mass, BUT: I am 5'11 and have not yet broken 200 lbs, so my experience should be qualified, i have never been 'huge' and wont get there eating this way

Originally Posted by Keelhual View Post

Do you fast completely during the day or snack on veggies/fruit to stave off until the feast?
    water / black coffee. pure fast until the workout is over

Originally Posted by Ricky_k View Post
    i like having a life, just sayin
    this diet allows you to not walk around without a tupperware of tuna and rice, BUT, you dont get to have burgers with friends for lunch, trade off

that being said, you can go out for steak and beer or whatever you want for supper and not worry for a minute, your metabolism is spinning by the end of the day when you eat something junkish, makes no difference. my experience anyway

i think this is a good discussion, glad to see people are willing to try something that isnt mainstream, too much fact-by-repetition on this forum in my opinion

from having read this forum for a couple years, it seems like most guys on here just want to be 'ripped' we all know what that means, it doesnt mean being 280lbs like ronnie coleman. so why eat like ronnie coleman? know what i mean...

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keto is hard enough to be social about. i dont think i could manage daily fasts.
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know if my experience is applicable because I have none with this diet.

I just wanted to add that Ori trains some people at my gym (topanga fitness) and I've had the privilege of talking to him. He's convinced me several times of the weight behind his ideas, and certainly has evidence to support it.

Funny enough, he's actually looked down upon by the other trainers in the gym because of his 'blasphemous' training styles. He does a LOT of shoulder work. All the cats I've seen him train look like they're in great shape. Ori, himself, looks a little thin, but not malnourished, and he's surprisingly muscular and cut.

I definitely plan on trying this out..eventually. I'm bulking and I'm afraid to lose the weight I've worked so hard to put on, but I am definitely going to do this on my cut.

Ori is also a philosopher, which maybe counts for his non linear ideas. A lot of fun to talk to
    I love you.

Wanted Left Rear Deltoid esoterik's Avatar
    esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000) esoterik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question...

What if someone "accidentally" were to have a diet like this? Like, say I was on a normal diet regiment (4-5 meals a day). I would eat breakfast upon waking at 9 am, then due to some random emergency event, would miss all the meals from breakfast to 8 pm. If I were to eat all the meals I missed in the timeframe of 8-10 pm, would this have a similar effect?

I'm considering this because school is starting to cut into my regular eating habits and I want to come up with some sort of backup plan.
    Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I sense that this thread will receive a fair amount of skeptics and flat out naysayers (just like the IF thread) due to the nature of this eating protocol and mainly because it is the antithesis of what is commonly preached in bodybuilding/fitness circles. If you put aside all of the conditioning from over the years and think about it.... is this way of eating really radical? I don't see it as such. Now starving your ass off and counting the seconds until some kind of arbitrary "eating window" arrives, yeah I think that's ridiculous, but eating by instinct (aka WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY HUNGRY) is kind of what we're best at anyway right?

I tend to eat these days just like this. I often have just coffee with milk and maybe some OJ for breakfast, fruit and nuts for lunch, and then whatever I want (just in large quantities) for dinner. I always get something PreWO and then PWO starts the real eating. I believe that something like this or what the OP is saying is geared towards people who enjoy large meals at the end of the day and don't want the hassle of carrying crap everywhere. Me personally, I'm lazy about preparing breakfast and lunch during the work week so this is just a simple way to satisfy said laziness. Not looking for magic gains or anything, just a few more minutes of sleep and lounging.

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the only thing that I dont like about this is.. when the hell do you weigh?? Ive got a feeling id just be bloated all day till its time to gorge myself again. I enjoy splitting up the meal into 6 meals because my stomach is always looking flat and hard... i might give it test run someday to see.

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weigh yourself as normal, the same time of the day, the same scales. Unless you have some amazing scales you really should only trust changes over multiple measurements over multiple days.

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    the only thing that I dont like about this is.. when the hell do you weigh?? Ive got a feeling id just be bloated all day till its time to gorge myself again. I enjoy splitting up the meal into 6 meals because my stomach is always looking flat and hard... i might give it test run someday to see.
    Woah, no man, it's actually the opposite.
    6 meals a day rarely gave me a flat stomach feeling, I was always digesting, always movement in my stomach and bowels, never felt really good eating so often.

IF / Warrior Diet / One Meal A Day feels great - stomach is completely flat all day long, no digestion going on, no noises, no gas, no pooping , then you eat all your calories at night and your body is so ready for those calories that digestion goes QUICK and efficient. Even after inhaling 2,500kcal in 2-3 hours, my stomach is flat again before I go to bed, and I honestly (and subjectively) feel that digestion was quicker and more efficient without all kinds of usual noises, no gas, etc...

By morning the stomach is completely flat, I feel like my body has absorbed all the nutrients I've pumped into it in those few hours and I just feel great. Perfect time for weighing myself (after pooping, of course ).
    - Amateur Muay Thai 4-1
    - Amateur MMA 1-1

[IIFYM Crew], [IF Crew], Fighter.

Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000) Keelhual is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Itadienekes View Post
    Woah, no man, it's actually the opposite.
    6 meals a day rarely gave me a flat stomach feeling, I was always digesting, always movement in my stomach and bowels, never felt really good eating so often.

IF / Warrior Diet / One Meal A Day feels great - stomach is completely flat all day long, no digestion going on, no noises, no gas, no pooping , then you eat all your calories at night and your body is so ready for those calories that digestion goes QUICK and efficient. Even after inhaling 2,500kcal in 2-3 hours, my stomach is flat again before I go to bed, and I honestly (and subjectively) feel that digestion was quicker and more efficient without all kinds of usual noises, no gas, etc...

By morning the stomach is completely flat, I feel like my body has absorbed all the nutrients I've pumped into it in those few hours and I just feel great. Perfect time for weighing myself (after pooping, of course ).
    Agreed, one of the huge benefits for this is zero bloat through the whole day, never have any indigestion or stomach issues during the day, and then surprisingly with that massive meal at night, you only get a bloat for about 30-45 minutes. You can literally feel your body just churning through the food, it's pretty neat. It feels very efficient, and I'm actually up 1.3 lbs. on the scale this morning and looking leaner, so that was a big surprise for me! On day 6 now I believe.

Originally Posted by esoterik View Post
    Question...

What if someone "accidentally" were to have a diet like this? Like, say I was on a normal diet regiment (4-5 meals a day). I would eat breakfast upon waking at 9 am, then due to some random emergency event, would miss all the meals from breakfast to 8 pm. If I were to eat all the meals I missed in the timeframe of 8-10 pm, would this have a similar effect?

I'm considering this because school is starting to cut into my regular eating habits and I want to come up with some sort of backup plan.
    My opinion and theorycraft:

It would have a similar effect to a point. The very first day I did this, I felt like I was killing my muscles because of the hunger, but that took a day and then passed. I also couldn't eat very much at that first big meal, I got full very quickly.

So it could work, but I seriously think you would probably make yourself sick trying to eat EVERY meal you missed at that one final meal. If there was someway you could get 2 shakes in through the day with some almonds or fruit, and then have that big meal, that would probably be a more efficient way to do this ONCE IN AWHILE.

I'm on day 5 or 6 now, and I feel that my body is really getting more efficient at this every single day - hunger is down more every day, energy and focus is up, and that big meal has more and more food added to it. We will see, but I think the consistency in this diet will have a big effect on the long-term benefits on it.

Originally Posted by We Drowned View Post
    I don't know if my experience is applicable because I have none with this diet.

I just wanted to add that Ori trains some people at my gym (topanga fitness) and I've had the privilege of talking to him. He's convinced me several times of the weight behind his ideas, and certainly has evidence to support it.

Funny enough, he's actually looked down upon by the other trainers in the gym because of his 'blasphemous' training styles. He does a LOT of shoulder work. All the cats I've seen him train look like they're in great shape. Ori, himself, looks a little thin, but not malnourished, and he's surprisingly muscular and cut.

I definitely plan on trying this out..eventually. I'm bulking and I'm afraid to lose the weight I've worked so hard to put on, but I am definitely going to do this on my cut.

Ori is also a philosopher, which maybe counts for his non linear ideas. A lot of fun to talk to
    That's very cool! Another friend of mine was saying that he's in his mid-50s and still shredded, which is cool. I don't 100% agree with his warrior exercises in his book, but I think for the average person not trying to achieve anything spectacular, they could be useful. Sounds like he would be an awesome guy to sit down and have a feast with one night and talk!

Like I said earlier, sometimes we do things, the way we do things, because that's the way we've always done things. I love outside of the box ideas - what's the worst that will happen to me on this diet? I lose a few pounds of muscle? That's a breeze to get back. But what happens if this is a success and I can maintain or even gain slightly on this diet with a massive increase in my energy and productivity? Awesome.

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd highly suggest you read the book, there's certainly a method behind this madness and alot of it lies in activating either your sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous systems at different points in the day.
    Ya I guess I need to read the book. Is it online anywhere? I called my local b&n with no luck...

tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    Ya I guess I need to read the book. Is it online anywhere? I called my local b&n with no luck...
    tough to find, i got it from public library, rumor has it you can find a pdf...

to answer your question above, although ori is a small guy (from what people say, dont really know how small) i am 185-190, and less than or around 10% bf all the time, have gained weight steadily on this diet, but slowly (although by the time i started this i had passed the 'rookie gains' stage and i dont take anything so i guess slow steady gain is to be expected)

about the overfull/flat stomach question: i have to say that yea, look a little bulgy after my big meal, i get 3000 cals (estimate) in me in 2 hrs, so yea... bulgy,

but it lasts for like an hour tops, then fine, just when the food is in your stomach

i went to this diet from 6 meals a day, the digestion is WAY better on warrior diet, as it mostly happens while you sleep

during the day, stomach is empty (flat as can be) and best part, no digestion going on at all, it feels great

i am a guy who likes to eat, prone to over eating not under eating, so a big meal is perfect for me. if you struggle to get enough as some skinny guys do, this may not be the best option, i am naturally kind of bulky, not a skinny guy

give it a try if youre not satisfied with your current diet, but from your pic i would say you are doing very well with what you have going...

Lol, ya I have no complaints with my current diet.. It's working great.. This warrior diet sounds very interesting though..
    So during the undereating throughout the day what do you eat? Like fruit and flax oil? Then at night like 24 oz of green veggies (guessing) and then like 24 oz of meat (or so) then if you can even handle anything else.. Fruit or whatever?
    From what I've heard it's all th same foods that I currently eat except in one big meal at the end of the day

during the day i eat zero calories, water, plain tea, plain coffee

then for my meal i eat meat and veggies like you say, lots of fat, almonds, pb, whatever

carbs last,

the book has more rules than that but i just basically do a big meal of protein and veg, then carbs at the end, usually oats

but even that i sometimes break, if i make stew or pasta or something where the carbs are already in it. i eat healthy because i prefer the taste really. so yea, eat all the same stuff you eat now

Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is interesting. Would eating like this help you during cutting? I'm skinny fat 6'1 180lbs. All of my bodyfat is concentrated in my abdominal area. I should be bulking but I really want abs. Would eating like this help me attain this type of a goal along with cardio?

trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Off topic: I was just noticing your traps are enormous! How long have you been bbing for? What kinds of things have you done to get traps like that?
    PRs:
    Bench 245 x 2
    Squat 255 x 8
    Deadlift 405 x 1 (345 x 5)

ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000)
    For cutting, eating 2300 calories a day, would I just eat all those calories at one point? I workout in the morning, so do I take the sahke afterwards or what?

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ViktorM View Post
    For cutting, eating 2300 calories a day, would I just eat all those calories at one point? I workout in the morning, so do I take the sahke afterwards or what?
    You'd eat them within 2-3 hours in a few different meals / sittings.
    I just look at it as one long dinner ... cook veggies & meat, eat them as I prepare my next thing, maybe yogurt and berries and nuts, eat that as I prepare my pasta or rice or sweet potato, and so on... if I'm too stuffed, I'll just finish preparing all my calories worth of food and set it aside to resume eating when I feel like it again. Sometimes I have leftovers and end up eating less calories than planned, good on a cut
    - Amateur Muay Thai 4-1
    - Amateur MMA 1-1

[IIFYM Crew], [IF Crew], Fighter.

fapping wilst on knees beaucephus's Avatar
    beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been using a variation of the Warrior Diet for the last few days to maintain muscle mass with little effort, which I thought would be terrible, but is actually blowing me away by how well it's working.

Wrote up a small piece here with my specific plan: http://www.xyque.com/freedom-with-the-warrior-diet/

Let me know what you think! I'll keep you all posted on the results, will post a 30-day update with pictures, weight, and body fat testing.
    You've never been fat a day in your life, have you?
    10k+

initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wasn't planning on doing this but today I woke up and decided to try it :P

It's 10:35 right now and I'm surprisingly not hungry. I'm kind of nervous awaiting for some hunger pangs to come, but hopefully they won't for awhile. I also have an intense workout today so we'll see how that goes. I'm planning on eating 0 calories until 5 or 6 pm

Registered User newb-to-lifting's Avatar
    newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by initialize View Post
    I'm kind of nervous awaiting for some hunger pangs to come, but hopefully they won't for awhile.
    Water is your friend. When I got the hunger pangs in the beginning I just drank extra water and they subsided.

IF/warrior diet style of eating has worked wonders for me. It's nice to see other people doing this and not afraid to try something out of the box.

mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by beaucephus View Post
    You've never been fat a day in your life, have you?
    I was just thinking the same thing lol...
    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've always considered myself to be sort of a "truth seeker" and I've been intrigued by the intermittent fasting/warrior diet movement. I personally stopped giving priority to meal timing and portion control and have observed no difference in my progress from when I was on the whole 6 meals a day bandwagon.

But I keep coming across stuff like this discussion over in the advanced nutrition section:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119415901

I was wondering if any of you in this thread could post something in response to all of the science pointing to the body being incapable of processing more than about 30 grams of protein in one sitting.

Can any of you see a reason why the studies in the thread linked above are less trustworthy than the ones referenced by Keelhual in this post:
    So a 4'11" 130 lb couch potato women can process 35g of protein at once, just as a 6'0" 200 lb bodybuilder could? That's INTERESTING! Do you have studies?

Like I mention in my article, this is an experiment, and I'm going off experimental data to see what works for MY physique and I thought you would all be interested in this. So I don't mean to disagree, but I do. I absolutely think my body after a period of undereating will absorb much more protein.

To show there's variables in protein absorption, read the abstract of this study:

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/136/6/1504
    "Direct measurements of protein synthesis from incorporation of labeled amino acids into individual tissues in animals showed that feeding stimulates protein synthesis in muscle, although the magnitude of the effect may depend on age, developmental stage, and type of muscle"

Another study showing that amino acids increase in the blood during undereating, priming the system for protein synthesis
    http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/47/6/932
    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    This has probably been asked/answered, but how beneficial is a bulking on this kind of diet? If you have no problems stuffing away 3-5,000 kcals in 2-4 hours, would this type of diet be conducive to weight gain? Or perhaps geared more toward body re-composition and/or cutting?

Despite the fact eating excessive amounts doesn't really pose a problem, I just think that eating such large quantity in a short(er) time frame wouldn't necessarily be "good" on the body, if you know what I mean...

Thanks for any insight. Appreciate it.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500)
    just so you guys know... when dieting (bulking or cutting) the rank of importance goes

1. calories in vs. out*
    2. macros
    3. timing

(*note, minimum protein requirements must be met)
    mod raped.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So in other words you have protein shakes all day and eat a big meal or two at night?

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with this thread!
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741