Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4040
    COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    coz....I think Frankdaddy has a point BUT, "instinctual cutting" seems to correlate with strength losses more often than not from what I've seen.
    I have a similar body type to you, and I lost almost no strength during a 9 month contest prep. If somethings going wrong a few weeks into a cut you might just want to plug some numbers into fitday just to make sure you are where you think you are
    yea I think I dropped my carbs too fast. I was at super high cals like 5000+ and then cut to below 3100. I think it was too fast.
    BIG COZ - ALL AMERICAN EFX BOARD REP

ISSA CPT: https://www.issacertifiedtrainer.com/anthonycosentino

Log for my Pro Season:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139916333

"Tough times dont last...tough people do!"

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by COZ999 View Post
    yea I think I dropped my carbs too fast. I was at super high cals like 5000+ and then cut to below 3100. I think it was too fast.
    Yeah pulling the rug out from under you like that can cause a pretty big drop in muscle glycogen levels, and you'll see some leverage-related strength loss. I bet if you had a 500g carb day, the day after your strength might just come back

COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah pulling the rug out from under you like that can cause a pretty big drop in muscle glycogen levels, and you'll see some leverage-related strength loss. I bet if you had a 500g carb day, the day after your strength might just come back
    ehh It might take going back on a higher calorie diet for at least a week. I mean 10lbs of water weight is a significant drop in a week.

Log for my Pro Season:

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    coz....I think Frankdaddy has a point BUT, "instinctual cutting" seems to correlate with strength losses more often than not from what I've seen.
    I have a similar body type to you, and I lost almost no strength during a 9 month contest prep. If somethings going wrong a few weeks into a cut you might just want to plug some numbers into fitday just to make sure you are where you think you are

I agree, as this was something I was trying to say but I get lost typing more than 2 lines from lingering on, LOL. Cutting from 5000 calories to 3100 is awfully low. I think atleast cutting to 75-85% of 5000 calories would have yielded in plenty of bloat and fat with your cardio regimine. You have to remember Coz that you arent doing a 12 week cut here and getting shredded super fast, you are a big boi, and it takes some busting balls gaining weight liek that, I would know as I had to lose the same friggen crap except I dont lose it as fast as you LOL.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Take not on that one to boys n girls.

Adam loves to bring this up at the most opportune times...this being one of them HEHE
    I don't see what the big deal is anyhow, I have kids all the time, and I never tell any of you guys.

Hey berto did u notice a significant strenght loss when u hit a mini cut. I mean I am still throwing around decent weights but I started losing alot of weight (btw being an ecto and alot of water bloat) but my strenght has dropped and I cant figure out how to maintain it while still cutting weight.
    Originally Posted by Active247 View Post
    can't speak for berto, but i'm almost positive he actually got stronger on his mini-cut. and from experience, you shouldn't lose strength on a cut until well into your prep, meaning a mini-cut shouldn't have any negligible effects of strengths. what were your macros before and during your cut? could have dropped too much kcals or added in too much cardio to start
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    yep this is how I ease into new weight and also allows a mini deload too every once and a while. It also lets me train 6 days per week by helping me keep overall bodypart volume down as i continue to stress the hell out of my CNS with...

MASSIVE POUNDAGE.

Well i am very instinctual. I dont count calories offseason or during mini cut. I know my cals dropped but arent super low. I am just chalking this up to a huge weight loss right off the bat ( i lost more weight in my first week then berto lost in his whole mini cut) highly due to the amount of water weight I carry
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    I would honestly say that you gained so much strength from gaining so much weight very quickly. By losing your weight you lose the strength almost just as easy. Berto was lifting some silly weights when he weight 240-250 but he hasnt surpassed some of those numbers from what I have noticed at his 180-195lb physique, but OVERALL pound for pound he is probably the strongest he has ever been, just a little less fat

To go on a longer diet tracking calories would be a must to gradually progress weight loss wise without killing it for so long, and not being able to control a weight loss that you would want to have 100% control over.
    repped, great post!
    Originally Posted by Fire8085 View Post
    great vid, im stealing it for my thread.
    ehh It might take going back on a higher calorie diet for at least a week. I mean 10lbs of water weight is a significant drop in a week.
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    I agree, as this was something I was trying to say but I get lost typing more than 2 lines from lingering on, LOL. Cutting from 5000 calories to 3100 is awfully low. I think atleast cutting to 75-85% of 5000 calories would have yielded in plenty of bloat and fat with your cardio regimine. You have to remember Coz that you arent doing a 12 week cut here and getting shredded super fast, you are a big boi, and it takes some busting balls gaining weight liek that, I would know as I had to lose the same friggen crap except I dont lose it as fast as you LOL.
    Pretty much what the guys said.

I kept my numbers at 50ish/400ish/220-240ish, which was a 1o00ish calorie drop from were I was at. I made sure my refeeds were up around 600-700CHO. I lost some bloat, but not much since I hardly ever get traditional CHO bloat. I am either fat, or not. In four weeks I lost about 10 pounds, which I believe for people trying to keep performance up in the gym, who are not severely over their setpoint is as fast as it should be.

So I certainly think you might have dropped too fast. If you don't want to do the note book thing, at least have some ranges for every meal. I got on Chris about this thing, and he is endo enough to were he can eat seaweed for a week, and not loose muscle. Still he might have been eyeballing too low on his mini to the point were his recovery, and performance was hampered. I could only imagine how this can affect a HUGE ecto like you, who was in the midst of pushing his body to new places. Both in development, and performance.

You want to loose as much fat as possible, and in your case, much like in my case control how slow the scale moves down. It was only ten pounds, but ask Chris who pinched my arse on the last day of my cut. I was literally another month away from tie-ins or more.

In your case three pounds a week is as much as I would like to drop.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep this is how I ease into new weight and also allows a mini deload too every once and a while. It also lets me train 6 days per week by helping me keep overall bodypart volume down as i continue to stress the hell out of my CNS with...

MASSIVE POUNDAGE.

I think you more than anyone here, has a good grasp in investing in steady progress. Steady in time leads to yes...MASSIVE POUNDAGES!

Great vid demonstrating dynamic stretches/warm up

This place isn't to far from Nickter n you

That is some good shhh! Taking notes, as should others

thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    So I certainly think you might have dropped too fast. If you don't want to do the note book thing, at least have some ranges for every meal. I got on Chris about this thing, and he is endo enough to were he can eat seaweed for a week, and not loose muscle. Still he might have been eyeballing too low on his mini to the point were his recovery, and performance was hampered. I could only imagine how this can affect a HUGE ecto like you, who was in the midst of pushing his body to new places. Both in development, and performance.

You want to loose as much fat as possible, and in your case, much like in my case control how slow the scale moves down. It was only ten pounds, but ask Chris who pinched my arse on the last day of my cut. I was literally another month away from tie-ins or more.
    Right on. The seaweed thing is totally true too.

In my case, I never really felt a strength loss. Tired some days, sure, but I'd be wary of losing any real strength during a minicut.

Like he said...case by case basis. Berto's pretty ecto, dude was drinking gatorade intra workout to keep his carbs up. Me? More endo, I doubt I'll ever have to do that in my life, even during a heavy bulk.

Words of wisdom from Berto imo!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com

The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That is some good shhh! Taking notes, as should others
    scorpion looks awesome!
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT
    onwards and upwards; quality not quantity

contest prep thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113042811

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bryce126 View Post
    scorpion looks awesome!
    its a good one, for those reading, if you have lumbar issues EASE into this one

Yea my mini cut was in two parts. I wanted to mini cut but also had to lose inches and weight to makes my 1.5 mile run easier. The air force still judges ur waist for a test score so at 36 it was killing me

Log for my Pro Season:

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Good stuff - thanks. But I hope you don't have to do ALL of it. I'd spend all my time warming up and then have to leave.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow 6 days is more than impressive. I'd be a stuttering fool if I went that route. I feel my CNS days after a long session.

I don't see what the big deal is anyhow, I have kids all the time, and I never tell any of you guys.
    Yeah but when I send kids home, they just get in my car.
    Morg: "K dad let's go!" all while she's munching on a raw onion.
    She's a different kind of girly girl HEHE

scorpion looks awesome!
    YES!!! Even if you have a very tight lower back, be careful. This is pretty dang aggressive.
    I almost always get a hip/back pop or 2 during these.

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    Good stuff - thanks. But I hope you don't have to do ALL of it. I'd spend all my time warming up and then have to leave.
    Maybe takes 10 minutes tops. You just go from one thing to the next. Same as getting on a stationary bike or treadmill before your WO.
    The thing is that even though you may not take your body through it's full ROM. The ability to have more, be limber, room for the muscle to move or GROW, is always important.
    Neglect is neglect. No two ways around it. And even though it may serve you well for the short term, at some time it's gonna come back and bite you. We spend allllll this time on diet, supps, reading, etc, but when it comes to the foremost part of training THE WARMUP, we tend to just shrug it off.
    Now I'm not saying so a friggin hour of yoga before, but doing 2 sets of bench FOR bench and thinking everything is ready to do is not so good. If that were the case then NFL players would just catch a pass or 2 and call it good. Wait but they play for like an hour!? How long you train for normally?
    Preventative maintenance.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000) Active247 is just really nice. (+1000)

looks just like Magnificent Mobility (another excellent dynamic warm-up instructional video)
    3DMUSCLEJOURNEY - "The Natural Movement"

"Only those risking to go far will ever know how far they can go."

"Remember that just when your body has all the answers, you have to change the questions."

"Just remember that, in general, if you’re not getting stronger, you’re not getting bigger. And if you’re not getting bigger, you’re not getting stronger. So if you’re not adding weight to the bar over time, you’re just another bozo wasting his life in the gym with nothing to show for it."

Shameless self plug

you know...if you'd like a great amount of information on warming up I deal with that pretty well in this month's Q&A
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/2010-03qa.php

Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    +1 on guilty of never warming up before anything, hell even when i was a lil athletic nut and represented aus for rugby and hockey and whatnot, my warm up was slaming down a gatorade! But you guys are proof of what works, so weird ass bendy warmups- here i come!
    Fear not my insanity, fear the mind it protects.

Healthy in mind/body/soul S.O.u.L.m.A.N's Avatar
    S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50) S.O.u.L.m.A.N will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I was giving my buddy hell the other day in the gym for not warming up. We left class and went in to train chest together. As soon as we got there, he walks right up to the 80s (which is what he uses for working sets) and starts doing flat presses. And on the walk over to the weight room he was telling me about some pains he's been having in his elbows lol.

That stretching video was good though. I'll have to try some of them.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow 6 days is more than impressive. I'd be a stuttering fool if I went that route. I feel my CNS days after a long session.
    Yeah, but everything is calculated so you may get annoyed with your body saying somedays 4 sets and other days 1 set. Just learning when to back off, means this becomes a fulltime obsession with your own body, much like a shaolin monk looking for enlightenment.

yep

I think you more than anyone here, has a good grasp in investing in steady progress. Steady in time leads to yes...MASSIVE POUNDAGES!
    My only problem is YEAR'S of pressing incorrectly for my bodytype/attachments has cause many those lifts to hurt my delts/rc etc. Now trying to revamp the movement requires the patience of a saint with poundages of a small Ethiopian child.

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters, constantly critique your form to make it as perfect as possible to target the muscle groups you are targeting effectively, as you get stronger doing the movement CORRECTLY, diesalness will be the result. Lagging bodypart means you are ****in something up.
    Cha Cha Cha

visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now trying to revamp the movement requires the patience of a saint with poundages of a small Ethiopian child.
    Yep. Sounds like me and the incline press.

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder healthybodies's Avatar
    healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had a dream last night that you and I were doing belt squats and you tore all the skin off your finger some how. OUCH!!!
    Brad J Loomis RKC
    TEAM AST SPORTS SCIENCE
    www.healthybodiesfitness.com
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/team-3dmj-brad-loomis.php

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126210633

"As long as we honor God, nothing is impossible NOTHING!" - Facing the Giants

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    My only problem is YEAR'S of pressing incorrectly for my bodytype/attachments has cause many those lifts to hurt my delts/rc etc. Now trying to revamp the movement requires the patience of a saint with poundages of a small Ethiopian child.

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters, constantly critique your form to make it as perfect as possible to target the muscle groups you are targeting effectively, as you get stronger doing the movement CORRECTLY, diesalness will be the result. Lagging bodypart means you are ****in something up.
    You are soooo right! Good post!

ME Bench

Not a "good" day, but a step in the right direction. Here goes nothing! April 17th!

Floor Press

305 x 2

Floor Skull Crushers

120 x 8(4 sets)

DB Lateral Raises

45 x 10(5 sets)

DB Braced Rows

100 x 10(4 sets)

DB Curls(Had to go light on these elbow)

45 x 12(4 sets)

Nutrition

<110
    <625
    <220

Misc

So far so good.

Originally Posted by thebasil View Post
    Right on. The seaweed thing is totally true too.

In my case, I never really felt a strength loss. Tired some days, sure, but I'd be wary of losing any real strength during a minicut.

Like he said...case by case basis. Berto's pretty ecto, dude was drinking gatorade intra workout to keep his carbs up. Me? More endo, I doubt I'll ever have to do that in my life, even during a heavy bulk.

Words of wisdom from Berto imo!
    Never felt a strength loss, but you should have been able to make some progress. Which was hard to find. Yes I am HARD on Chris, but so is his boyfriend, and he knows its for his own good. Besides when he gets his own place, he will be able to track nutrition better should he ever need to again.

scorpion looks awesome!
    I did those right after seeing them. LOL

Pooper. LOL

Yea my mini cut was in two parts. I wanted to mini cut but also had to lose inches and weight to makes my 1.5 mile run easier. The air force still judges ur waist for a test score so at 36 it was killing me
    36 is not bad for as heavy as you were. DAYM!

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    Maybe takes 10 minutes tops. You just go from one thing to the next. Same as getting on a stationary bike or treadmill before your WO.
    The thing is that even though you may not take your body through it's full ROM. The ability to have more, be limber, room for the muscle to move or GROW, is always important.
    Neglect is neglect. No two ways around it. And even though it may serve you well for the short term, at some time it's gonna come back and bite you. We spend allllll this time on diet, supps, reading, etc, but when it comes to the foremost part of training THE WARMUP, we tend to just shrug it off.
    Now I'm not saying so a friggin hour of yoga before, but doing 2 sets of bench FOR bench and thinking everything is ready to do is not so good. If that were the case then NFL players would just catch a pass or 2 and call it good. Wait but they play for like an hour!? How long you train for normally?
    Preventative maintenance.
    Prevetive Maintanance! I know all to well about loosing time due to not doing prehab work etc. At the end you profit on this one.

looks just like Magnificent Mobility (another excellent dynamic warm-up instructional video)
    Plus the scorpions looks bad arse!

you know...if you'd like a great amount of information on warming up I deal with that pretty well in this month's Q&A
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/2010-03qa.php
    My personal fav so far, and not just because my ashy knees are in it.

Originally Posted by Minimuz View Post
    +1 on guilty of never warming up before anything, hell even when i was a lil athletic nut and represented aus for rugby and hockey and whatnot, my warm up was slaming down a gatorade! But you guys are proof of what works, so weird ass bendy warmups- here i come!
    LOL!

Originally Posted by S.O.u.L.m.A.N View Post
    Yeah I was giving my buddy hell the other day in the gym for not warming up. We left class and went in to train chest together. As soon as we got there, he walks right up to the 80s (which is what he uses for working sets) and starts doing flat presses. And on the walk over to the weight room he was telling me about some pains he's been having in his elbows lol.

That stretching video was good though. I'll have to try some of them.
    I borderline annoy my workout partners with the sets I feel I need just to get to my first working set. I don't know how they do it to be quite honest, the carzy folks that just rip the heavy DB's off the rack.

Said it best, don't waste your time doing it twice, because you did it wrong the first time. Wish I would have pulled sumo hybrid off the floor from the start, or that there was this much "good" info online when I started.

Originally Posted by visionz View Post
    Yep. Sounds like me and the incline press.
    Which is the one movement I feel so at home on.

Originally Posted by healthybodies View Post
    Had a dream last night that you and I were doing belt squats and you tore all the skin off your finger some how. OUCH!!!
    Funny part...kinda...I that I keep cutting my hands all the time of late. Usually I have no idea how I did it, I just look at my hand and a small chunk is missing. lol

Originally Posted by bbqwizard View Post
    You are soooo right! Good post!
    Tell em! Like I said, I wish I could go back sometimes. Older wiser now. I give Nick and Chris plenty of that sometimes.

Iza the party pooper.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crazy floor press, son. I am not disappoint.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

almost at stage weight! Squizzzer's Avatar
    Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My personal fav so far, and not just because my ashy knees are in it.
    speaking of that...when do i get a check for the use of my photography?
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117797281

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have to check that one out.

Yeah, but everything is calculated so you may get annoyed with your body saying somedays 4 sets and other days 1 set. Just learning when to back off, means this becomes a fulltime obsession with your own body, much like a shaolin monk looking for enlightenment.
    so on heavy days I shouldn't do 12 working sets per exercise?
    Ohhhh kkkkkk
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Crazy floor press, son. I am not disappoint.
    Going to make it better next time. I hope anyhow.

Originally Posted by Squizzzer View Post
    speaking of that...when do i get a check for the use of my photography?
    LOL! So you are inderectly calling my knee's ashy?

Have to check that one out.

so on heavy days I shouldn't do 12 working sets per exercise?
    Ohhhh kkkkkk
    Only the last six to failure.

thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepacman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol your second rep on floor presses looked like some of my reps today. Those are the most satisfying to get though! Well...maybe not the most satisfying, but screw it you got it!
    **Team Klemczewski**

Pacman's Pursuit to Perfect Peaking with Dr. Joe
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120729411

~Phil 4:13~

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Berto..on your front page, this was one of your goals...

-Complete my Clinical Nutrition Degree, and become a Registered Nurse.

Did you get this done? Just curious...as I am pursuing a bachelors degree in nursing.

Originally Posted by thepacman View Post
    lol your second rep on floor presses looked like some of my reps today. Those are the most satisfying to get though! Well...maybe not the most satisfying, but screw it you got it!
    It even went down an inch or two, but that is training with chains for ya. I had NO bar speed though, I blame that on being tired from uhhhh....Plead the 5th

Yup you are right + 2 It counts!

Originally Posted by PaC-mAn8 View Post
    Berto..on your front page, this was one of your goals...

-Complete my Clinical Nutrition Degree, and become a Registered Nurse.

Did you get this done? Just curious...as I am pursuing a bachelors degree in nursing.

Budget cuts have screewed, or anyone who is in the allied sciences, but it gave me an extra kick in the arse because I am not in a "nursing program" so classes are not line-up for me. So often I have to wait a whole semester or more on a class. Frustrating, but I am enjoying the slower pace. Three more classes and I am applying to Sac State, and most importantly going to the Power House on a regular basis.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong floor presses