Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Going away for a week - whats the best alcohol?

Hey, I am going away for a week with some friends and I WILL be drinking, yeah yeah I know its bad and I really shouldnt, but I dont do it often at all, so my question is, since I will be drinking, whats the best alcoholic drink to consume health wise? I'm guessing I should stay away from premixed spirits + softdrink.... but how do they compare to say beer? Or even light beer? Wine is out of the question as I dont drink it. Thanks for any advise!

hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not too much of a difference. I personally like to drink bourbon and diet cola, or Vodka w/ Sugar Free Red Bull. Slightly fewer calories than beer that way.

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hellawaits77 View Post
    Not too much of a difference. I personally like to drink bourbon and diet cola, or Vodka w/ Sugar Free Red Bull. Slightly fewer calories than beer that way.
    I agree... if you are going to get hammered for a week it's not going to make a huge difference. You can try to go for the lower calorie drinks.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

nutrition51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

beer

Originally Posted by Famin3 View Post
    Hey, I am going away for a week with some friends and I WILL be drinking, yeah yeah I know its bad and I really shouldnt, but I dont do it often at all, so my question is, since I will be drinking, whats the best alcoholic drink to consume health wise? I'm guessing I should stay away from premixed spirits + softdrink.... but how do they compare to say beer? Or even light beer? Wine is out of the question as I dont drink it. Thanks for any advise!
    ok, beer is what you should drink. yep, it's got the worse sugar possible, goes right to the gut (beer belly fame). but you can work it off alot easier than the damage you'll get from drinks with straight liquor. yep, you're right, you shouldn't be drinking. dark beers are better, even the ales. they are also pricey. bud lite is #1 seller. this isn't a commercial, it's the truth. lite is the key word. chug down a few, relax, DON'T BE STUPID AND DRIVE !! got a designated driver? serious now. hate to find out you can't post because you're in the morgue !! after the fun week, adjust your diet accordingly. please stay away from alcohol, it's a drug. it's that simple.

nutrition51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Famin3 View Post
    i forgot one important remark. plain old alcoholic drinks, like gin, whiskey, etc are totally useless to the body. check out any nutrition guide, and you'll see there are no listings at all for protein, fat, carbs. it's useless intake, other than the calories which really do more harm than good. that's why alcoholics pretty much starve to death. so, again, i'm sure my previous answer to go with beer is correct. at least you're getting the carbs. yes, they go straight to the belly, but you can work it off. better not to drink at all, but i know it's hard. just remember ... designated driver, ok?

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Jd.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nutrition51 View Post
    i forgot one important remark. plain old alcoholic drinks, like gin, whiskey, etc are totally useless to the body. check out any nutrition guide, and you'll see there are no listings at all for protein, fat, carbs. it's useless intake, other than the calories which really do more harm than good. that's why alcoholics pretty much starve to death. so, again, i'm sure my previous answer to go with beer is correct. at least you're getting the carbs. yes, they go straight to the belly, but you can work it off. better not to drink at all, but i know it's hard. just remember ... designated driver, ok?
    ppl dont drink to be healthy , they drink for recreation you need to understand this, you must be pretty boring.

RIP aziz segeyevich valiantmiller16's Avatar
    valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000)
    get hahn light only 83 cals a beer taste good too

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nutrition51 View Post
    Alcohol actually does have carbs. Alot of carbs. Alcohol itself is a form of sugar.

Fearing Chuck Norris! Nutshell20's Avatar
    Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too bad you don't like red wine...you are missing out.
    You're not fooling anyone.

alanaragonblog.com - He has forgotten more than most will ever know.

BTK-BLEED TIME KREW!

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not a big drinker but safe to stick with BLUE ROCKSTAR+VODKA=WIN

ROckstar has 20 cals per can and vodka has lowest amount of cals in liquor
    Ubby 86

I eat, sleep, train, and work hard everyday

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zody View Post
    Jd.
    Dude, are you wearing pants in your avatar pic... I'm pretty sure your sack is trying to say hi.
    Last edited by BloodRaged; 12-07-2009 at 06:54 AM.

dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most hard liquor (whiskey, bourbon, vodka) have no carbs and about 65 calories per 1oz, 4oz red wine has 2 carbs and 85 calories, white has less than 1 carb 80 calories, 12oz beer is 13 carbs and 145 calories

joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rum and diet
    Some call it obsession, I call it dedication

LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LB49s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just drink whatever you want and what tastes best to you. A week is not going to kill you, unless you drive drunk. Even a week long drinking binge could be compensated with a few weeks of hard training when you get back. Life is too short to be worrying about what you eat and drink when on vacation.

MP4AU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go with hard liquor and a diet soda. If you can drink whiskey on the rocks that would be the best choice. If your purpose is to get a buzz or drunk hard liquor is the best choice. Yes a beer is the same as a shot (depending on the proof) but it takes a long time to drink 6 or 7 beers at a reasonable pace. Drinking hard liquor will hit you hard and fast. Just be careful to measure your drinks. I suggest getting a 375 ml bottle for your drinking binge. If you plan on drinking 3 or 4 nights of the week on vacation or holiday just buy 3 bottles. That way you can actually add the exact amount of calories into your diet and it keeps you from drinking over the amount you planned for.

Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by theapexxxx View Post
    Alcohol actually does have carbs. Alot of carbs. Alcohol itself is a form of sugar.
    Alcohol is its own macronutrient

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most importantly this is your vacation, not ours, so drink what you enjoy. I see you are concerned with the healthiest choice of alcohol, but what do you plan on eating?

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BloodRaged View Post
    Dude, are you wearing pants in your avatar pic... I'm pretty sure your sack is trying to say hi.
    Of course i'm wearing my undies..It's just dark in colour..rofl repped

edit: Damn, I just noticed that...lol changed avatar
    Last edited by Zody; 12-07-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theapexxxx View Post
    No, it doesn't, and no, it isn't. It is an alcohol.
    No sir, I don't like it.

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Of course i'm wearing my undies..It's just dark in colour..rofl repped

edit: Damn, I just noticed that...lol changed avatar

That one is much more man friendly :P

Originally Posted by BloodRaged View Post

That one is much more man friendly :P
    haha, thanks for that. I put a warning in the pic now..Hmmm no wonder i've been getting odd friend requests..

haha, thanks for that. I put a warning in the pic now..Hmmm no wonder i've been getting odd friend requests..
    lol I bet.

firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    crystal.

Originally Posted by firasnas View Post
    crystal.
    Meth?

Just kidding, that was my first translation of the crystal but then it hit me what you really meant.

Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Famin3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For the record, I wont be drink driving lol. Thanks for the replies =D