Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 gallon of water a day!?

Ok so I just checked, and 1 gallon almost equals 4 liters of water! Holy ****!
    It is apparently recommended to drink about 3 liters for my weight, and even more for larger people. It seems a little hard to believe for me.
    I probably drink 1 to 1,5 liters of water a day, and the rest is 1 liter of milk. Thats 2 to 2,5 liters of fluids at the most.

I weigh 155 lbs. Train 4 times a week just for the record.

Am I not drinking enough fluids? I imagine drinking a gallon a day would make me have to take a piss every hour or so.

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Trust me bro. A gallon is not too much. It's really tough to count how much you drink during your workout, especially if you use a water fountain. Try to keep track next time.

Generally, that's when we're chugging most of our fluids. If you don't work out much, then you can go by the general guideline of 64 oz per day. I can't imagine living on that little. If you're thirsty, then drink more.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyro998 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I try to get around 1-1.5 gallons of water a day. I train about the same as you. As long as your drinking enough water before, during and after your workout then I am sure that you are fine. It really depends on how long and how strenous your workout is.
    i need a better signature.

marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcusd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use 2 pur pitchers and just fill up a few nalgenes in the morning and always have one handy throughout the day. By the time I go to bed at night, I've usually emptied at least 5 of them at a liter a bottle, without even thinking about it.

Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gordon09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your bladder will eventually adjust to the higher intake of water so you won't find yourself in the bathroom every hour. Spacing it out throughout the day helps as well. If you think about it, a gallon of water is just 8 oz. of water every hour if you're awake for 16 hours. I personally drink about 16 oz. with each meal and atleast 30 oz. during my workouts, so it doesn't amount to too much more on top of that to reach a gallon. I'd estimate I drink about a gallon and a half per day, and like someone else mentioned, it's not even something I really think about, it just happens.

Make peace, don't hate itsMoeyy's Avatar
    itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1 gallon of water is for PRO bodybuilders. Sometimes they even drink up to 2-3 gallons.

You should try to get in atleast half a gallon or just a bit over it, so about 2-2.5 litres of water.

Life is Better with b00sT staged's Avatar
    staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 gallon per day is not hard at all. I average 2 gallons a day these days. You get used to it. From 8am - Noon I usually allready have a gallon into me

Da beach is dadda way allofthisforyou's Avatar
    allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allofthisforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Am I not drinking enough fluids? I imagine drinking a gallon a day would make me have to take a piss every hour or so.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Gordon09 View Post
    Spacing it out throughout the day helps as well.
    ^^ This. Water balance is going to affect how often you're at the toilet more than anything else: if you're taking in more than you need, your body is going to excrete it as urine. For example, if you were to drink 2 litres of water over the course of the next hour, you might have to make two or more trips to the toilet in the the next 1.5 to 2 hours (the hour where you were drinking the water inclusive) -- assuming you are already well hydrated. However, if you were exercising for the hour that you were drinking the water it's possible that you wouldn't even have to go once if you were sweating profusely (since water is leaving your body as sweat).

If you're not taking in enough water, you may feel thirsty, your performance may suffer, energy levels may decrease, etc.

Personally, I think that it's worse to be under-hydrated than over-hydrated. Yeah, it can be inconvenient having to go to the toilet every 30 mins., and you can get hyponatermia (low sodium in the body) if you drink way too much water, but it's better than feeling like cr@p because you're dehydrated. Plus, I think you have to be drinking ridiculous amounts of water (10+ litres) to get hyponatremia and I'm pretty sure having salt in the diet (which "most" people have a ton of as it is) helps to prevent this, so it's probably nothing to worry about -- you'd have to research this to confirm, as my memory isn't perfect.

Basically, if you're taking a piss every half an hour to an hour, or so, and you're not thirsty, you're probably taking in more than enough water. You can take in a little bit less/space it out more, if you don't like going so often, but, again, I think it's better to go more often than not enough, despite the inconvenience. If you're thirsty, you should probably be drinking more. If someone comments on how often you're going to the bathroom just tell them "it's the steroids"

p.s. It's recommended that you drink BEFORE the thirst sensation is felt, as by this point it's likely that you are already dehydrated.
    Last edited by allofthisforyou; 12-07-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    One man's meal is another man's snack: train hard and eat big, or go home and suit up for ballet practice.

"Life doesn't just hand you things. You have to get out there and make things happen"
    - Emeril Lagasse

"Aim for the moon; if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars"
    - W. Clement Stone

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."
    - Lance Armstrong

"Ain't nothin' to it but to do it!"
    - R. Coleman

"Watch your back [on those SLDLs]"
    - pencil-thin weightroom attendant

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    On workout days I go through 2.5

it's accurate as I only drink from a gallon jug.

If you just space it out an actually measure what your intake is you will realize it's not that difficult.

Non workout days I get 1-1.5 gal

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is apparently recommended to drink about 3 liters for my weight, and even more for larger people. It seems a little hard to believe for me.
    I probably drink 1 to 1,5 liters of water a day, and the rest is 1 liter of milk. Thats 2 to 2,5 liters of fluids at the most.

heh you said Fluids.

Not all fluids are equal you have to remember you are seeking H2O and while other fluids may have it, the best option is from the direct source.

1 Gallon or the 3-4 liters, is not a lot when you get used to drinking it. I carry around a 1 liter jug and try to drink 3-4.

Various supplements will benefit from increased water intake as well.

Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paincake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies. Gives me a moment to think about it.
    From now on I will try to keep track of how much I actually drink.

300 ml or 10/11 oz of water per hour. Should be reach 4 liter a day if drink for 12 hours. Man... this does require dedication though. Your average person doesn't even think about it, their thirst is in their unconsiousness.

Oh, and usually I drank water in bursts. Maybe thats wrong. I wanna spread it out more. Except for when workout out I suppose.
    Anyone know how drinking a galon a day affects the kidney's? It doesn't get over stressed right?
    Last edited by Paincake; 12-07-2009 at 11:14 AM.

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the replies. Gives me a moment to think about it.
    From now on I will try to keep track of how much I actually drink.

300 ml or 10/11 oz of water per hour. Should be reach 4 liter a day if drink for 12 hours. Man... this does require dedication though. Your average person doesn't even think about it, their thirst is in their unconsiousness.

Oh, and usually I drank water in bursts. Maybe thats wrong. I wanna spread it out more. Except for when workout out I suppose.
    Consider your nutrition like your weights. When you start "training" you throw the weights around all sloppy and like a ****ing retard. After time you work your way up and a lot of the things you had to focus on in the start have or will become 2nd nature.

The same is true for eating and drinking right. At first you will have to pay attention to it and make sure you are doing all the things needed but after time it will be trained into you and will become 2nd nature.

It's always good to try and keep an eye on things though because you can slip up here and there as time progresses.

Just so you know as well, if you drink about a gallon a day you will be pissing about every hour or two depending on what you are doing. That's pretty normal.

EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EStonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

I drink AT LEAST 5 litters of water a day without even thinking about it. I just constantly sip from the bottle I always have with me. I also pee every hour or so, but hell with it. If you hold a little in, then when you finally push it out, it's almost like cumming. So I am cumming all day long

ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get at least 1 gallon of water in daily. I usually take more though

Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm usually at about 1.5 gallons a day. I actually dont have to force it down. Body seems to ask for it

firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    i usualy drink half a gallon if not a little more JUST while working out.

Originally Posted by firasnas View Post
    i usualy drink half a gallon if not a little more JUST while working out.
    That's a bit of water to be chugging down while working out and moving around. Heh, I bet you could jump around and hear it splash in there.

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just buy a 1L bottle and make sure I fill it up at least 4 times. That way I know I get my gallon and any extra is a bonus! But I normally end up with about 1.5-2G a day. (I'm a heavy drinker )

Life is Better with b00sT staged's Avatar
    staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BloodRaged View Post
    That's a bit of water to be chugging down while working out and moving around. Heh, I bet you could jump around and hear it splash in there.
    Been there done that lol ... Dont try an Abb day on excessive amounts of water lol.... Equals epic FAIL... You live and learn though

Originally Posted by staged View Post
    Been there done that lol ... Dont try an Abb day on excessive amounts of water lol.... Equals epic FAIL... You live and learn though
    Yeah I just slow sip when I work out, I get the bulk of my water before and after work out not really during.

firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    lol, yea i dont do abs so iam good , and i sweat ALOT.

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder NextProtege's Avatar
    NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

weak

water is your number 1 nutrient bro. start drinking or die.
    US Marine 0311 Combat Vet
    Owner - Genuine Fitness LLC
    ACSM/ISSA Personal Trainer
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

Follow my log to a natural pro card in 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158337103

Originally Posted by NextProtege View Post
    weak

water is your number 1 nutrient bro. start drinking or die.
    How much are you weighting in at for those contest pics man?

Says you are 202 right now but what are you in those pics?