cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When do i no im complete a set?

When i can no longer complet a full rep without cheating? or by doing this will it overtrain my muscles like alot of ppl are saying failure will.

cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10) cclott is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7rmr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I pick a weight where on the last rep of the last set I will go to failure. The first set however I don't push to absolute failure, but close.

Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cclott View Post
    When i can no longer complet a full rep without cheating? or by doing this will it overtrain my muscles like alot of ppl are saying failure will.
    Overtraining definitely exists, but it is not that common. You cannot overtrain in a single workout.

Having said that, you shouldn't go to failure (or beyond failure) as a common practice. You should stop when you can no longer do another rep with good form.

Originally Posted by Karaim View Post
    Overtraining definitely exists, but it is not that common. You cannot overtrain in a single workout.

Having said that, you shouldn't go to failure (or beyond failure) as a common practice. You should stop when you can no longer do another rep with good form.
    so basically the rep before failure?

and repped

dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    overtraining is the act of training to often... not training to hard. It is true that training very hard can lead to overtraining, but if you give yourself enough time off after a grueling workout, you will not be overtrained. You can do 100 sets and your muscles will still recover as long as you give them enough time. There is no such thing as training to hard (if it is done safely, with proper form).
    wake up, rape the day

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Generally, the last full repetition you can perform closes the set.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dgault View Post
    overtraining is the act of training to often... not training to hard. It is true that training very hard can lead to overtraining, but if you give yourself enough time off after a grueling workout, you will not be overtrained. You can do 100 sets and your muscles will still recover as long as you give them enough time. There is no such thing as training to hard (if it is done safely, with proper form).
    I don't know about that. I used to lift hard for 2 or 3 hours at a time. Then I realized how stupid and counter productive that was. Now I don't go past 75 minutes. The body can't handle that much punishment at one training.

Failure means you worked your ass off. There is something to be said in that. It shows dedication. People believe that failing f*cks with your head and CNS. I always get right back up after failure and go again to completion to build confidence. Even if it is only a one rep set. Going to failure every time is not recommended for various reasons- mine being that you will exhaust yourself which could prevent increasing the weight for another set. I say go to failure when maxing out but try to go one before on other sets. When I do a set of 80's db flies to 10 I might get to 7 and know that I only have one more in me. If I try to go past 8 for the 9th rep, I will exaust the hell out of myself, preventing me from going much further.

hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cclott View Post
    How long have you been training?

well i used to train all the time and went at it non stop for 3 years seriously. than i stopped cuz of personal problems for a whole 2 years and lost lots of weight, started back up hard 3 months ago

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The reason there's no clear cut answer is because each of us have slightly different recovery abilities.

Simply log your workouts to do your own 'experiements' to see exactly what works for you.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best not to cheat. A propper technique wins every time.

BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like to leave a couple in the tank unless its my last set. Then Ill usually go till failure. If I push to hard in my early sets I burn out and cant lift as much for the rest of the workout.