Tessijia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Is burgen the magical bread i need?

Hello all!

This is my first post on this forum

I have discovered this bread by Burgen -Wholemeal & Seeds. But first ima provide my nutritional intake:

Now im 158 lbs [72kg] at 5'11 [178cm] and my goal is to gain about 20 lbs of lean muscle mass. I've been tryna eat clean and keep fat gains to a minimal and maximise muscle gain with a proper diet and high intensity workout.

I eat 6 meals a day spaced out by 3 hours starting at 6 am ending at 9pm, with about 30grams of protein for each meal which equates to a total daily intake of 180grams.

Whilst at the mall, i found this particular bread by burgen and it here is its nutritional value:
    I CANT POST LINKS!? /Sigh

Burgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread: Serving size: 2 Slices [83grams]
    Per serving:

Protein - 10.9g

Fat total - 6.1g
    saturated - 0.7g
    transfat - less than 0.1g
    mono - 2.2g
    poly - 3.2g
    ALA - 0.25g

Carbohydrates - 17.3g
    sugars - 2.1g

Dietary fiber - 7.5g

So technically, if i eat 6 slices of this bread i obtain around: 30g protein, 18g of good fat, 51g carbs, 21g dietary fiber. To further add, this bread has a Glycemic Index of 39 - which I believe is a good thing...

I was wondering if eating 6 slices of this bread for each meal would be a sufficient meal or not.. for me it seems to good to be true ><

A typical workout day would look like this for me:
    Chest day:

6am - 6 slices of burgen wholemeal + seed bread [30g protein, 18g fat, 51 carbs]

9am - 6 slices of burgen wholemeal + seed bread [30g protein, 18g fat, 51 carbs]

12pm - 6 slices of burgen wholemeal + seed bread [30g protein, 18g fat, 51 carbs]

3pm - 6 slices of burgen wholemeal + seed bread [30g protein, 18g fat, 51 carbs]

6pm - Canned tuna in brine [30g protein]

7:30 - Chest workout - Flat bench 5sx6r - Incline bench 3sx8r - Decline bench 3sx8r - Pec flyes 2sx10r

9pm - post workout shake - 40g protein + 2 white bread + creatine.

I am quite new to this nutritional stuff so i'm not too confident in whether im eating properly or not.. but ima hoping if you guys could give me some valuable input as to help me achieve my goals (:

Cheers!

Mike
    Last edited by Tessijia; 12-06-2009 at 07:00 PM.

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh dear.

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you serious? Diet is about more than macros. If anything that is the least important factor.

Your diet is terrible. Add foods with actual nutritional value. Fruits, vegetables, meats, oils, nuts, dairy etc.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Holy trash you plan to eat bread all day?

I don't believe you will get all your micros from that, plus eating the same **** all day is most likey going to bore you...
    HAI MOOOBS

booooooo..

looks like its not such a good idea after all T____T

ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tessijia View Post
    booooooo..

looks like its not such a good idea after all T____T
    Don't worry man, you can still add that bread to your diet..

You just have to make it fit in it, not make it your diet [:
    HAI MOOOBS

Originally Posted by ArauzDurandal View Post
    Don't worry man, you can still add that bread to your diet..

You just have to make it fit in it, not make it your diet [:
    Cheers =p

I've been eating normally with like tuna chicken and beef. Of course fruits and vegetables but they are a given and so i didn't include them in my opening post. i also take a daily multi

But as i was sitting at the table this morning eating my typical tuna looking at the nutritional charts for the bread i was like pwoah, has quite alot of shiet in this bread. But i guess it doesn't beat an all rounder meal by substituting it completely haha

Cheers =p

I've been eating normally with like tuna chicken and beef. Of course fruits and vegetables but they are a given and so i didn't include them in my opening post. i also take a daily multi

But as i was sitting at the table this morning eating my typical tuna looking at the nutritional charts for the bread i was like pwoah, has quite alot of shiet in this bread. But i guess it doesn't beat an all rounder meal by substituting it completely haha
    Yeah lol...

Always get varieties, certain foods have certain things that make them good for something...
    HAI MOOOBS

WELL WITH MY BREAD DIET PLAN ASIDE..

My actual daily eating for the past 2 week has looked like this..

6am - 6 egg whites, 4x slice of wholemeal bread, an apple or an orange, my multi + 1000mg vitamin C and calcium + tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

9am - 220g canned tuna in brine [half a tbs of olive oil] + 2x slice of whole meal bread + an apple or an orange

12pm - 6 inch roasted chicken subway on wholemeal + avocado + lettuce, tomato, cuccumber, pickles, olives, jalapenos

3pm - 220 canned tuna in brine or [half a tbs of olive oil] or roasted chicken breast + 2 slice of whole meal bread + fruit

6pm - either grilled chicken beef or canned tuna + veggies + white rice [ima getting sick of tuna]

9pm - 30g protein shake + creatine

post workout - 40g protein shake + 2 white bread + creatine

I've calculated the nutritional value for each meal at one stage but i seem to have forgotten it somewhere. But for certain each meal usually consists of 30g or protein or a bit more.

i think i maybe lacking in carbs and fats - but for the last 2 weeks its seem i've gained a little bit of fat around my mid section so im like concious about my fat and carb intake so i think im subconciously or possibly conciously =p cutting them down..

eating is pretty friggin complicated :'(
    Last edited by Tessijia; 12-06-2009 at 08:05 PM.

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eating is pretty friggin complicated :'(
    No it's not.

All you need is a respectable calorie target (depends on your stats, your metabolism, and your goals), get adequate protein, get your good fats, get your vitamins and minerals, get your fibre.

There's no need to write out an explicit meal plan, in fact a full-on meal plan can be way too restrictive and end up with you cheating.

Make good food choices and control portion sizes. Easy.

Oh, and of course, lift hard.
    Last edited by dat; 12-06-2009 at 08:26 PM.

JonahNorth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yeah man Burgen is the tits!

Its great for snacking on when you get cravings, especially if you add some natural peanut butter!
    Your diet looks spot on as well mate nice one.
    All I would say is replace a tuna meal with another red meat meal on ya heavier days.

The dude who replied with 'Oh dear" needs to practice what he preaches on his latter post.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JonahNorth View Post
    Its great for snacking on when you get cravings, especially if you add some natural peanut butter!
    All I would say is replace a tuna meal with another red meat meal on ya heavier days.

The dude who replied with 'Oh dear" needs to practice what he preaches on his latter post.
    lulwut?
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JonahNorth View Post

Dude, you realize that that post was a year and a half old?
    I doubt they care, and hopefully have thrown that crap diet away by now.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa