madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation Feeling ill, could this be ketosis?

OK I am really confused in a big way and need to try and work out why I could be feeling ill.

I started dieting 3 weeks ago, mainly lowed calories to 1500 a day and cut out all the rubbish I used to eat, like chocolate, sugar (like in my hot drinks also other rubbish), but even though my cals are lower I eat better and 3 meals instead of one and cr@p.

So last week I started to feel:

* Slight Headache
    * Dizziness
    * Nausea
    * Some stomach ache

I have other systems that are hard to explain.

Now I have been doctors and explained last Thursday, and due to problems with anxiety in the past and me being agoraphobic, the doctor thinks its me just having a wobble (just bad anxiety)

But I am starting to think its not, and I just am worried.

I get the Dizziness and Nausea all day, so I have been reading the forums and could only see Ketosis to be close to what I am dealing with?

Any one got any idea?

everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would put money that you're just experiencing sugar withdrawal. Just keep at it for a few more days and it will go away.

But you should listen to your doctor. They went to school for 8 ****ing years dude.

madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL docs, I have 3 where I go and if you see one then another they both contradicted each other.

Can sugar withdrawals really go on this long though?
    Squat = 336lb x5 (want 350lb)
    Bench Press = 198lb x3 (want 200lb x 5)
    Dead Lifts = 374lb x1 (want 400lb)

www.unleashedbeasts.com = Prizes to win in our competition now

everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by madkad View Post
    LOL docs, I have 3 where I go and if you see one then another they both contradicted each other.
    Just saw that you're from the UK, my bad.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The few times that I've done a ketogenic diet, the onset of ketosis was accompanied by the following:

1) Lethargy
    2) Mild headache
    3) Lack of focus
    4) Basically, just not feeling "one with the universe" - out of sorts, I guess
    Also, my saliva tasted like Juicy-Fruit chewing gum.

No nausea, no stomach ache. And the symptoms subsided after a couple days, to the point that I just felt mildly out of it and kind of weak.

The nausea and stomach ache has me wondering.

Is your diet truly a ketogenic one (i.e. essentially void of simple and starchy carbs)? Or just low calories without junk food?

AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Go down to your local pharm and pick up some ketone test strips to make sure.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    The few times that I've done a ketogenic diet, the onset of ketosis was accompanied by the following:

1) Lethargy
    2) Mild headache
    3) Lack of focus
    4) Basically, just not feeling "one with the universe" - out of sorts, I guess
    Also, my saliva tasted like Juicy-Fruit chewing gum.

No nausea, no stomach ache. And the symptoms subsided after a couple days, to the point that I just felt mildly out of it and kind of weak.

The nausea and stomach ache has me wondering.

Is your diet truly a ketogenic one (i.e. essentially void of simple and starchy carbs)? Or just low calories without junk food?
    Well this is a typical days food for me at the moment, so unsure lol, I just was looking at the symptoms (note cals look low but it lowers the count after adding the exercise in)

Originally Posted by AdverageJoe View Post
    Go down to your local pharm and pick up some ketone test strips to make sure.
    will see if I can do this
    Attached Images

Registered User TheAsianPlayboy's Avatar
    TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think you're in ketosis. You're taking in too many carbs for that to happen.

edit: you can really jog at 9 mph for 20 minutes? That's not even a jog, that is full out running.

Originally Posted by TheAsianPlayboy View Post
    I don't think you're in ketosis. You're taking in too many carbs for that to happen.

edit: you can really jog at 9 mph for 20 minutes? That's not even a jog, that is full out running.
    EDIT: the jog/ run lol its just the only way the program takes it in, I do run at 11mph - 12mph for 2 mins then rest at 3mph for around 1min and run again so I did an average, prob well high lol

Well that's good to know, just need to know what's wrong with me know then

Could it be just the fact that I cut out the real sugar,

Like 10 - 12+ tea spoons of it a day?
    Last edited by madkad; 12-06-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Registered User TheAsianPlayboy's Avatar
    TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAsianPlayboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most likely, Sounds like you did dramatically change your diet and that will definately change the way you feel for the first few days. Don't stress about it too much. You'll be fine most likely. If you still feel crappy after like 2 weeks though, then I would try to figure out what's going on.

Nice work with the cardio. I am always amazed by how bigger people are able to run so fast and long on a treadmill.

Originally Posted by TheAsianPlayboy View Post
    Most likely, Sounds like you did dramatically change your diet and that will definately change the way you feel for the first few days. Don't stress about it too much. You'll be fine most likely. If you still feel crappy after like 2 weeks though, then I would try to figure out what's going on.

Nice work with the cardio. I am always amazed by how bigger people are able to run so fast and long on a treadmill.

OK well I will see how thing go for a little longer.

LOL I worked up to that, I started running weeks back but broke my hand and I got out of it, then when I got back into it I seemed to be able to run better lol, don't get me wrong I look like a man running for his life, noises and all lol

Wigglesdabum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey im sorry to interrupt your conversation but what is that program you are using to track your calories with?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Program looks like Calorieking.

ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should still be careful dude....

I have terrible cutting genetics for example...did blood work and several thing where ****ed up.

Testosterone production halted.

Looks like things are back up...but still always be careful...dunno what ketosis side effectds are, but you could take some blood tests..
    HAI MOOOBS

Registered User ALipStickTomBoy's Avatar
    ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by madkad View Post
    OK I am really confused in a big way and need to try and work out why I could be feeling ill.

I started dieting 3 weeks ago, mainly lowed calories to 1500 a day and cut out all the rubbish I used to eat, like chocolate, sugar (like in my hot drinks also other rubbish), but even though my cals are lower I eat better and 3 meals instead of one and cr@p.

So last week I started to feel:

* Slight Headache
    * Dizziness
    * Nausea
    * Some stomach ache

I have other systems that are hard to explain.

Now I have been doctors and explained last Thursday, and due to problems with anxiety in the past and me being agoraphobic, the doctor thinks its me just having a wobble (just bad anxiety)

But I am starting to think its not, and I just am worried.

I get the Dizziness and Nausea all day, so I have been reading the forums and could only see Ketosis to be close to what I am dealing with?

Any one got any idea?

I get tired SOMETIMES from my Keto diet and I have 20 carbs per day (from green veggies)....you get way more carbs than I do so I am not to sure where your symptoms are coming from. You may be just going through changes from eating one way to another. The first month I was on this I was a little "out there" but now I am fine. Would not have it any other way. There is NO way you are in Ketosis with that amount of carbs you are taking in . I did not go into it until I was under 25 grams of carbs per day. If I were you I would get on a real Keto diet...that has higher carbs to protein ratio. That could be PART of the issue. Where the heck did you get that diet? Not being mean...but I would not touch it at all.It is all sugar and starch except for the tuna and eggs. Read labels. Do research. E mail me if you want some suggestions.
    Last edited by ALipStickTomBoy; 12-06-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Me :)

king1112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With that many carbs there's no way you'd be going into ketosis so i doubt that is the cause.

From what i know - a lot of the bodies toxins are stored in fat, when you eat badly for a long time toxins are stored here. Once you start eating healthy/in calarie deficit, these toxins are released/purged from your body as you burn the fat in which they are stored.. After a while you will feel normal. Stick at it, this is the point at which a lot of people give up.
    The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but
    that it is too low and we reach it.
    - Michelangelo

Thanks for all the replies.

It is calorie king the software.

It probably just my body wondering where all the cr@p foods are and needing to get used to it then, I have eaten rubbish most of my life and never cut any of it out.

Dont get me wrong with my diet I didn't get it from anywhere, I just cut the cr@p out that I eat and keeping my cals low, and eating 3 meals a day, they may not look great meals but its a hell of allot better than I used to eat trust me lol

Again thank you all I will bide my time and see how how things go.

ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElectroMonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just so you know that is a really crappy breakfast dude.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by everblue View Post
    Just saw that you're from the UK, my bad.
    UK docs go to school for 8 years too !
    because fitness isn't coincidence

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1,500 kcals is too low.

Eat more food - fruit & veg does not appear on your food diary.

You can eat more - fill your plate up with lots of different vegetables !
    Last edited by McJimmie; 12-07-2009 at 05:16 AM.
    because fitness isn't coincidence

I know lol lots of fruit & veg, I do eat them, that what you see is just a day I didnt, I eat fruit & veg on other days, lots more than I used to and mainly veg.

But don't worry I am looking into a diet change

Just to let everybody know what is wrong with me lol

I went to the docs and explained how I was feeling and what I am doing etc, they said its just very high anxiety (I suffer with ergophobia) so they said stick at it and fight it.

Yes that's my f@cking life my brain is a pussy and cant cope with life and I have to work hard to sort it, if I fail it goes worse if I win it get it in another dam form