verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000)

What position am I best suited for in football?

Next year's my sophomore year in high school and my lifting stats are in my sig (Not impressive I know...but I just started lifting a few months ago)....I'm pretty fast and could run a sub 12.8 second 100m in 8th grade...If I improve my lifting, speed and vertical (I'm doing VJB right now so that should happen), could I play RB?
    I've never played organized football before so I'm not sure what size RB's are in high school but I think a kid 5'5" (and he is WEAK lol) was the RB this year in my HS...

UFC_Sugar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah you could be a running back. If I were you I would really work on my size. Cause you are going to want to bulk up because running back is a very phisically demanding position and you really need to pack on some muscle to be able to play without getting injured. you will want to also do some plyometrics along with lifting to keep your speed and explosivness improving.

verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000) verticaljump is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sure will do....And what should I get my lifts up to for next year?

UFC_Sugar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just get them as high as you can man. But make sure you don't sacrafice form. If you sacrafice form you won't get gains and it raises the chances for injury. Try to get on a already proven routine like Ripptoes or something else on those lines. They will really help with your football preformance

BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenSL8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this year was my first year playing football and i was a runningback as a freshman. im skinny as hell but getting larger by eating for size. if i can do it you can too lol. powerful legs are key as RB, or hell any position in football. if your lifting right look into eating for size stuff online. like for breakfast...triple decker honey banana and peanut sandwhich. mmm. if you want to improve speed/conditioning go to your HS's track, stretch, jog for a bit to get warmed up then kick it into high gear, sprint the 50-100m straights, jog the sides. do it til you cant anymore, just injure yourself

max600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i say rb

hateinyaeyes32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by verticaljump View Post
    Next year's my sophomore year in high school and my lifting stats are in my sig (Not impressive I know...but I just started lifting a few months ago)....I'm pretty fast and could run a sub 12.8 second 100m in 8th grade...If I improve my lifting, speed and vertical (I'm doing VJB right now so that should happen), could I play RB?
    I've never played organized football before so I'm not sure what size RB's are in high school but I think a kid 5'5" (and he is WEAK lol) was the RB this year in my HS...
    You could definitely play running back kid, like everyone else has stated keep in the gym get your lifts up to what you can and give an honest all out effort and try to gain like 15-20 pounds, doesnt sound like a whole lot since youre only 135 but those are reasonable expectations and itd put you at 155ish, and you can keep getting bigger and bigger as well as stronger, by the time youre a senior youll be full grown prolly 180-190ish and a ball player

JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lmao that you have your height in your goals considering you cant do anything about that. Your coaches will determine your position, you can workout all you want but without the right speed, and athleticism you wont be a RB so dont count on that especially since you said you never played organized ball before. For most people how good they think they are and how good they are, are miles apart.

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you could play corner if you'r relatively fast, and if you can get physical
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

Lol yea I know I can't change my height....its just that I wanna be 6'1" or taller ...what's the difference between WR and a RB? Is a WR just a RB with better hands? Or are there athletic differences?
    Last edited by verticaljump; 12-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.