Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power Rack and Olympic Bar/Weight Advice

Hey guys, i made a thread a week or something ago about power racks/bars and this will be the final one i make before i decide to purchase one.

POWER RACK

-I've looked over how much i can afford to spend for a power rack and i have two options here:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php
    800Lbs
    £240

Or

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...ey/8847_p.html
    700Lbs
    £270

- Both have free delivery.

- My gut feeling says i should get the first rack just because its £30 less and it can hold an extra 100Lbs. However i dont know other information like which is easiest to set-up (i'm guessing this is not much of a problem anyway) and which make is actually better.

- So i'd appreciate you thoughts on if you think there both to expensive etc.

OLYMPIC WEIGHTS/BARS

- This is where i'm really struggling to know what to do. I'm going to get a 7ft Olympic bar and i'm also assuming here that its cheaper to buy a weight set (bar+weights) then separately.

Here are my choices:

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...t/11214_p.html

or

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...t/11697_p.html

or

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...arbell-kit.php

- Once again gut feeling tells me to op for the last one, its the cheapest when you consider how much weight i'm getting, however once again i have no idea if the bar make/plates are any good.

- Thanks

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your gut choices seem to be the best choice in my opinion.

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The first rack is way better than the second. You can tell by the square safeties.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Personally I prefer the Powerline rack to the CF475, square safeties don't tell the whole story for racks at this price by a long shot. Both will hold enough weight for nearly any home application anyway.

The Bodysolid has the edge in construction, and only a weighs a tiny bit less. Most of the extra weight of the Bodymax is in the front cross bar. Bodysolid is a much bigger company than Powerhouse which I guess is the reason. Plus I hate the pull-up bar on the Bodymax.

If you can stretch an extra 70 quid, the the Bodycraft F430 (my preference) from Powerhouse, or the Powertec from Fitness superstore are the best home racks for under ~500. Both highly recommended by people here, and both a large step up from the Powerline or CF475.

And for plates, I go with Fitness superstores Bodypower plates; accurate, good shape, paper thin paint; but looks don't bother me. I simply don't like the ones Powerhouse supply. Grip plates aren't for me. If price is the only deciding factor, then you answered your own question
    Edit: The bars in all those sets are much of a muchness; the best you'll get without dropping 200+ on a bar.
    Last edited by Essexlad; 12-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Personally I prefer the Powerline rack to the CF475, square safeties don't tell the whole story for racks at this price by a long shot. Both will hold enough weight for nearly any home application anyway.

The Bodysolid has the edge in construction, and only a weighs a tiny bit less. Most of the extra weight of the Bodymax is in the front cross bar. Bodysolid is a much bigger company than Powerhouse which I guess is the reason. Plus I hate the pull-up bar on the Bodymax.

If you can stretch an extra 70 quid, the the Bodycraft F430 (my preference) from Powerhouse, or the Powertec from Fitness superstore are the best home racks for under ~500. Both highly recommended by people here, and both a large step up from the Powerline or CF475.

And for plates, I go with Fitness superstores Bodypower plates; accurate, good shape, paper thin paint; but looks don't bother me. I simply don't like the ones Powerhouse supply. Grip plates aren't for me. If price is the only deciding factor, then you answered your own question
    Edit: The bars in all those sets are much of a muchness; the best you'll get without dropping 200+ on a bar.
    mate, have a look at the power rack thread below please

Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot for you input guys i'm taking it all into consideration.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by triplechris View Post
    The first rack is way better than the second. You can tell by the square safeties.
    Square or round tells you nothing at all. Body Solid has a better reputation than Bodymax and that tells you much more.

Originally Posted by PearlSoap View Post
    mate, have a look at the power rack thread below please
    Essex knows his stuff
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Square or round tells you nothing at all. Body Solid has a better reputation than Bodymax and that tells you much more.

Essex knows his stuff
    he definitly has the knowledge that I can drink on and still not quench my thirst.