matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Colors of Olympic plates

I have been trying to find what are the standard colors of Olympic plates according to weight but I have yet to find a site that clears it up for good so I was wondering if anyone can help me.
    I know that with the bigger plates, it goes like this:
    25 kg- red
    20 kg- blue
    15 kg- yellow
    10 kg- green

But what comes after that?
    The gym I go to has the same color scheme for lighter plates and it goes like this:
    5 kg- red
    2.5 kg- blue
    1.25 kg- yellow

There is also a 50 kg plate that is green.
    I just wanted to know whether this green-red-blue-yellow and then again green-red-blue-yellow progression in weight plate colors is a standard of is this something that was simply done at the discretion of the manufacturer?
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The IWF uses the following color scheme:

25 kg red
    20 kg blue
    15 kg yellow
    10 kg green
    5 kg white
    2.5 kg red
    2 kg blue
    1.5 kg yellow
    1 kg green
    0.5 kg white

This is a set scheme and not done at the discretion of the manufacturer.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kbdub View Post
    The IWF uses the following color scheme:

25 kg red
    20 kg blue
    15 kg yellow
    10 kg green
    5 kg white
    2.5 kg red
    2 kg blue
    1.5 kg yellow
    1 kg green
    0.5 kg white

This is a set scheme and not done at the discretion of the manufacturer.
    Thanks, thats the info I was looking for. Seems that the plates at my gym were colored at the discretion of the manufacturer.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea when plate makers do plates in pounds (bumper or not), it gets all screwed up. It seems to go:
    45lbs = red
    35lbs = blue
    25lbs = yellow
    10lbs = green

Annoying.