zk6760 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Set Pricing

Hello all,

I am trying to sell my weight set and am having problems coming up with a price. At this point I think that I am asking too much, especially after looking through your forums. Can anyone please just let me know how much you think these are worth?

Thank you very much ahead of time! And if you want them, they are for sale

Cheers

Z

h ttp://harrisburg.craigslist.org/spo/1487550859.html

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    info.

we need info.

What is a "weight set"?
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

Goto the link in my second post --- dont forget to take the " "(space) out between the "h_ttp"

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Not a terrible price, but not going to sell fast.

Originally Posted by zk6760 View Post
    Goto the link in my second post --- dont forget to take the " "(space) out between the "h_ttp"
    Here is how I see it.

300 pound set $100-$150
    45 dumbbells $45
    Bench (I would not buy one, so maybe $50)
    Standard weights are not in demand, maybe $50 if that.

So in total I think it is priced ok since people on craigslist will talk you down. You may do better selling it is pieces as I described above.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry, missed second post.

Ok,
    so it is a well used bench and a broken bar (no hex screw)
    Sporting goods store level stuff not mid grade or better so yeh I would say a bit much.
    sell the 45s seperate. list for $45

Weights list seperate too at .30/lb so 141 If you did not include the bar in total weight.
    bench for $75

thats $261 total. Keet and others jump in if I a off here but that sounds about right. all together you are looking for a specific person that needs all of it.
    List on one post but itemized
    Good luck

Edit: I missed that there are standard and Oly but .30 is still fine just make two different sets and without the hex bold that bar is not safe.
    Last edited by kelt_22; 12-03-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

Thanks. That helps me out. Maybe I will try to piece it out.

I agree with you that the bar isnt "safe"

but.. If youre lifting weight thats too heavy and you cant push the bar up evenly.. thats not safe either.

Ive been using it like this for couple years now..never had a problem.

Finally, thanks for the responses!

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I wouldn't buy a bar that was missing the hex screw, if it was included in a set you were trying to sell me I would take $20 off my offer because of the missing screw. You really might want to replace that before selling it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First of all....break it up, unless you're just trying to get rid of it quickly. I always break my stuff up because its easier to make more that way. For some reason people don't want to pay the going rate for stuff when its together. They'll buy a rack knowing they don't have any plates...but won't pay the extra amount for the plates I have.......then they'll have to get them somewhere else. Whatever, a little more work for me....but more money. I also try to sell the hard stuff first so if I need to I can combine things.....its an art not a science.

First thing......clean up your ad, its not really that descriptive and it was confusing. You have a bench press with some attachments, a 300lb set of olympic plates, a standard set of plates, and a set of 45lb db's. Sell the ad with those things and if there is something specific you think will help you....add it into the body, but don't make it an "asset". You listed the bar holders as though they were optional and extra. If I buy a bench press....you don't have to tell me it has bar holders.....just if it doesn't so I'll know not to buy it.

Anyway, I can usually get $100-125 for bench presses. Yours is beat up (nice tape job or not) so who knows. I once sold a half rack with a lat pd (weider) for $125 and it was pretty beat up (the sleeves for the pd were actually angled down slightly). So, I'd start at $125 and go down from there.....your market will tell you where you need to be.

The olympic plates should get you about $100-125 as well. Nothing special there, but that bar is pretty cheesy. I'd skip it and not even put it in the ad, when they get there tell them you'll throw it in, but its missing a bolt. It is a turn off whether it is for you or not. End of the day, you still ought to be able to get at least a hundo for just the plates.

The 45 lb db's ought to bring you $40-45, but they may or may not go fast. Just be patient.

The standard plates......who knows. I have not found any continual strategy for getting rid of those things. I'd put $75 on the ad and take anything over $40, but that's just me. I never expect to sell standard plates for very much.

So, unless I've missed something, you should be able to get in the neighbor hood of $285 for everything. You can try to do it your way for a bit and see if anybody bites, but sometimes you have to get creative. Even with my successes I've had to switch ads, change ads, combine ads, and a couple of times I just gave up and took a lot less than I wanted too. Again, the market tells you where it wants to be (If only our politicians would learn this simple concept....).

Originally Posted by zk6760's CL Ad

Price Negotiable!!

1. Powerhouse Strength Series Weight Set
    flat/incline
    small tears on bench (duct taped cleanly; Shown in 1st/3rd pictures)
    bench still very stable - doesn't shift when lifting 200+ lbs
    45lb bar missing 1 hex screw
    selling b/c of no room
    no rust on weights
    weight matts in picture not included
    preacher curl included

olympic weights (300lb)
    1 x 45lb bar
    2 x 45lb
    2 x 35lb
    2 x 25lb
    2 x 10lb
    4 x 5lb
    2 x 2.5lb
    2 large clamps
    2 small clamps
    incline bar (2 height positions)
    4 bar holders - 2 long - 2 short (4 height positions)
    squat rack holders (2 height positions)

2. dumbells
    2 x 45lb dumbells

3. Barbell Weights (170lb)
    25lb bar
    2 x 2.5lb dumbells (weights to be added)
    6 clamps
    10 x 10lb
    6 x 5lb
    6 x 2.5lb

Email ZK6760@ship.edu for questions and inquiries
    Cash only please
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    First of all....break it up, unless you're just trying to get rid of it quickly. I always break my stuff up because its easier to make more that way. For some reason people don't want to pay the going rate for stuff when its together. They'll buy a rack knowing they don't have any plates...but won't pay the extra amount for the plates I have.......then they'll have to get them somewhere else. Whatever, a little more work for me....but more money. I also try to sell the hard stuff first so if I need to I can combine things.....its an art not a science.

First thing......clean up your ad, its not really that descriptive and it was confusing. You have a bench press with some attachments, a 300lb set of olympic plates, a standard set of plates, and a set of 45lb db's. Sell the ad with those things and if there is something specific you think will help you....add it into the body, but don't make it an "asset". You listed the bar holders as though they were optional and extra. If I buy a bench press....you don't have to tell me it has bar holders.....just if it doesn't so I'll know not to buy it.

Anyway, I can usually get $100-125 for bench presses. Yours is beat up (nice tape job or not) so who knows. I once sold a half rack with a lat pd (weider) for $125 and it was pretty beat up (the sleeves for the pd were actually angled down slightly). So, I'd start at $125 and go down from there.....your market will tell you where you need to be.

The olympic plates should get you about $100-125 as well. Nothing special there, but that bar is pretty cheesy. I'd skip it and not even put it in the ad, when they get there tell them you'll throw it in, but its missing a bolt. It is a turn off whether it is for you or not. End of the day, you still ought to be able to get at least a hundo for just the plates.

The 45 lb db's ought to bring you $40-45, but they may or may not go fast. Just be patient.

The standard plates......who knows. I have not found any continual strategy for getting rid of those things. I'd put $75 on the ad and take anything over $40, but that's just me. I never expect to sell standard plates for very much.

So, unless I've missed something, you should be able to get in the neighbor hood of $285 for everything. You can try to do it your way for a bit and see if anybody bites, but sometimes you have to get creative. Even with my successes I've had to switch ads, change ads, combine ads, and a couple of times I just gave up and took a lot less than I wanted too. Again, the market tells you where it wants to be (If only our politicians would learn this simple concept....).
    Keet is the Wiki grand master so i would say that is the perfect breakdown.

Again guys, thanks for the feedback. Im gonna relist it broken up this weekend and go try to find a new hex nut for that bar.