Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Age Old Question: Cellulite

Hello, so in the past 4 years that I'd gained weight & lost weight, I've grown cellulite, I never had it at 20 or 21...

I have a binge eating disorder. I want to do weights, but I don't. My question is for the female body builders, if you had cellulite to begin with can it be worked out with building muscle? Or is there absolutely no way to naturally work it out?

I also noticed that when I started to lose the majority of weight, that my cellulite came through even more...does anyone know why that is?

My understanding is that it is a different type of fat. I hear ppl always say that no matter what you do, once you have cellulite you can not get rid of it. Now a lot of things can be done to pictures, and a lot of the women that I've noticed with mass muscle in their competative pics have no cellulite...

Has anyone considered surgery or had it done? What do you make of it?

Thanks!
    "Even if the Goals are Never Reached, they Keep the Mind Active & the Body Alive." ~ Me

Ass courtesy of StepMill, Kate1's Avatar
    Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Surgery will NOT help any cellulite issues nor will liposuction. In fact, lipo may make cellulite appear worse. It really is not a different kind of fat, it is just where it is deposited. I read the best article on Cellulite the other day, but unfortunately can't remember where. I will see if I can find it & post a link to it also.

My cellulite has gotten much better since I have slowly been losing the weight, and working out my ass & thighs very hard.
    Ass courtesy of: Step Mill, Hack Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curls, stiff legged deads, and Smith Machine lunges! :)

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're 6' tall and weigh 120 pounds? Wow. You really do need to lift weights. Your lean muscle mass is very, very low. That will make getting rid of cellulite almost impossible. It is fat, just like all other fat, only it's poking through the fibers that make up your skin. Losing body fat won't help you as you don't have enough underlying structure (muscle). You don't need to get huge muscle, but you need far more than you have. Nothing else will work. You've gotta build your muscle up.

kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000) kimi7986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You're 6' tall and weigh 120 pounds? Wow. You really do need to lift weights. Your lean muscle mass is very, very low. That will make getting rid of cellulite almost impossible. It is fat, just like all other fat, only it's poking through the fibers that make up your skin. Losing body fat won't help you as you don't have enough underlying structure (muscle). You don't need to get huge muscle, but you need far more than you have. Nothing else will work. You've gotta build your muscle up.
    ^^AGREED

It's all about what is under the fat. If there is nothing there, that cellulite will stay. I know that when I lost BF that stuff still stayed right on my legs. As soon as I started doing heavy leg workouts, really busting my ass, then I noticed the difference. No diet or fat loss routine ever helped, just the weights!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agreed 100%
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kimi7986 View Post
    ^^AGREED

It's all about what is under the fat. If there is nothing there, that cellulite will stay. I know that when I lost BF that stuff still stayed right on my legs. As soon as I started doing heavy leg workouts, really busting my ass, then I noticed the difference. No diet or fat loss routine ever helped, just the weights!
    Thanks, I thought so and I agree as well! I am NOT looking for a miracle, I've seen the hard work I had to put in to get rid of my weight. I am also not the type to go under the knife... :S So when I am able to hire a trainer, maybe Santa will bring one to kick my ass!! Cuz I need at least 10 lbs muscle!!!

Much Appreciated!
    "Even if the Goals are Never Reached, they Keep the Mind Active & the Body Alive." ~ Me

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's exactly what this is, an "age old question". Which means it's been asked at least 2,300 other times throughout these forums. *sigh*

OP you need to build some muscle. Cellulite is fat deposits under the skin, and can only be removed with fat loss and muscle gain.
    ^_^

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LveNLrn View Post
    Thanks, I thought so and I agree as well! I am NOT looking for a miracle, I've seen the hard work I had to put in to get rid of my weight. I am also not the type to go under the knife... :S So when I am able to hire a trainer, maybe Santa will bring one to kick my ass!! Cuz I need at least 10 lbs muscle!!!

Much Appreciated!
    Take a picture of yourself and put copies on your mirrors, refrigerator, etc. Maybe that'll motivate you Seriously, it only gets worse the longer you put it off.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    That's exactly what this is, an "age old question". Which means it's been asked at least 2,300 other times throughout these forums. *sigh*

OP you need to build some muscle. Cellulite is fat deposits under the skin, and can only be removed with fat loss and muscle gain.
    Yes, as I'd stated.... There was no need to post to let me know, I am already well aware.

Take a picture of yourself and put copies on your mirrors, refrigerator, etc. Maybe that'll motivate you Seriously, it only gets worse the longer you put it off.
    I take monthly shots, putting up those kinds of pictures will not help my situation, as I try to steer clear of mirror's, I also have image distortion, as you may be well aware someone whom is 6' @ 120 lbs is clearly underweight. Yes I am ill, but nothing can be fixed over night.

Thanks Again!

Take Care All!

Yes, as I'd stated.... There was no need to post to let me know, I am already well aware.

I take monthly shots, putting up those kinds of pictures will not help my situation, as I try to steer clear of mirror's, I also have image distortion, as you may be well aware someone whom is 6' @ 120 lbs is clearly underweight. Yes I am ill, but nothing can be fixed over night.

Thanks Again!

Take Care All!
    Well if you ever need support there are lots of us here to give it. Many who have been where you are now as well. I wish there was some sort of magic wand for this stuff. I've watched a girl at my gym who is seriously thin for almost a year. She comes in and lifts weights pretty consistently, not sure how much cardio she does. Anyway, it's almost been a year and I've seen no changes in her body. It's sad really as all she needs to do is eat more and those muscles would grow. She'd look so much better. But, EDs are complicated. I'm sure she limited her diet out of fears of fat gains and doesn't see herself they same way I do.

Registered User KStewart02.2009's Avatar
    KStewart02.2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I had some serious problems when I was in HS and got to the point where my mom treated me like a kid and would make me sit at the table and eat before I could do anything else. I dropped 20 lbs in 2 weeks and would constantly see myself as chunky somewhere even though everyone else was seeing me as too skinny essentially. I got to some pretty low points. I'm telling all this because I can tell you now that I have been into working out seriously, I could never be happier. I can relate to where you are coming from and know it is more than just an image deal but life with weights is great. Weights are now my "ice cream" when I'm down type moments, anger management, peaceful "me" time....all of the above. Hang in there and take one step at a time but things will change as long as you are making the steps like you are now.
    Life is not a waiting game for things to happen. It is a living game. Make your dreams happen...one step at a time...

Ass courtesy of StepMill, Kate1's Avatar
    Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't notice that you were 6' tall and only 120 lbs to start with. In that case - you need to work hard to build muscle & eat tons of protein to help you.

I have looked in both my computers history files for the cellulite article & am striking out! Dang - I usually email a link to myself when I find something really good or worth sharing.

I will continue to look though and will post it here when I find it.
    Ass courtesy of: Step Mill, Hack Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curls, stiff legged deads, and Smith Machine lunges! :)

tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tcrack69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hmmm interesting i dont know

Red face

I went from this to this: Although my macs are quite off, & I am working on upping my protein, as it is my most expensive food to buy.. I lost the weight eating at an average of 1450-1900 cals.

I never said I wanted to lose more weight, I want to lose cellulite....and I've heard ppl lose it by lifting, & than from other well known sources, heard that you can NEVER get rid of it. So that is my question, & yes an age old annoying one at that....

& eventually gain muscle weight.

I just find with all of the info out there, and since I am no professional, and even with professional's which one do I listen to? The one that makes the most sense....that can be tricky.

I am overwhelmed, & yet I see ppl on here working their hearts out, and see HUGE results in as little as a month, and I WANT that too. I feel intimidated at the gym, I don't want to lift improperly.
    Last edited by LveNLrn; 12-08-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Honestly, you shouldn't feel self conscience at the gym. Do you care what other people are doing there? Probably not. People aren't at the gym to be judging and people watching. They are there to get in shape and be healthy. Get your ipod on, bring a notepad and pen and focus on your workouts. Nobody cares what you are doing, I promise. Go on youtube and watch how all of the exercises are done if you truly don't know.
    Hard work = Hard body.

nvrl8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvrl8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have cellulite terribly bad on my butt and Ive always had it. I hate it too. Heredity is sometimes the blame and - loss of elasticity of the skin. Learn to relax and not care so much what others think- I know it will be hard but you have to do it for yourself.
    Possibly get a trainer and work with them on putting on some muscle but you will need to eat better nutritionally to put on muscle. Just think you will look healthier and possibly get rid of that cellulite. Goodness knows I am trying to put on muscle also and it does not happen overnight. Losing the weight is easy but putting on muscle takes hard work but if the payoff is losing that cellulite and looking better- Im all for it. I am sure you are too.

We all have our issues and you are not alone ! Let us know how you are doing!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Honestly, you shouldn't feel self conscience at the gym. Do you care what other people are doing there? Probably not. People aren't at the gym to be judging and people watching. They are there to get in shape and be healthy. Get your ipod on, bring a notepad and pen and focus on your workouts. Nobody cares what you are doing, I promise. Go on youtube and watch how all of the exercises are done if you truly don't know.
    Thank You, I do realize that. I also am dealing with an anxiety disorder, so it's kind of hard to just say, get out there & nobody cares, y'know? (not really a question) I can only do baby steps, & so far I have gotten some good pointers from the *tube*.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nvrl8 View Post
    I have cellulite terribly bad on my butt and Ive always had it. I hate it too. Heredity is sometimes the blame and - loss of elasticity of the skin. Learn to relax and not care so much what others think- I know it will be hard but you have to do it for yourself.
    Possibly get a trainer and work with them on putting on some muscle but you will need to eat better nutritionally to put on muscle. Just think you will look healthier and possibly get rid of that cellulite. Goodness knows I am trying to put on muscle also and it does not happen overnight. Losing the weight is easy but putting on muscle takes hard work but if the payoff is losing that cellulite and looking better- Im all for it. I am sure you are too.

We all have our issues and you are not alone ! Let us know how you are doing!
    Thank You so much! As I was just saying the other day to another on here, that I was always told you can't get rid of those stretch marks (now, I understand baby stretch marks are a lot deeper, ect, & depends on your age & like you've mentioned the elasticity in our skin & how long you've had the marks for) Mine went away, it took hard work & perseverance, but they literally went away!!

I think I may be getting a trainer, now I need to know how to find a well suited one for me.

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank You, I do realize that. I also am dealing with an anxiety disorder, so it's kind of hard to just say, get out there & nobody cares, y'know? (not really a question) I can only do baby steps, & so far I have gotten some good pointers from the *tube*.
    I have an anxiety disorder too. I was to the point 7 years ago where I wouldn't even leave the house.
    I take zoloft for it and have gotten my life back, but I still had some issues with walking through the door at the gym for the first time. I was really self conscious and thought everyone would be staring at me....I thought they'd think I was some old bag or something trying to be young again.

...in reality, no one looks at me, and sometimes I wish they would! People are all wrapped up in themselves at the gym..and so they should be.

Once you get through the door for the first time, it gets easier.

When scoping out a trainer first tell them what your goals are (muscle gain), then ask what kind of program they'd put you on. If it's a bunch of bosu ball and machine stuff with no compound exercises, say thanks but no thanks. If they say anything about lifting heavy = bulky, walk away. When you do find someone that seems right, do a short term contract. That way if you see after a couple of weeks that they're not for you, you're not stuck for a longer term. Also look at their body. Does it look like a body you'd want? Or are they out of shape.

Sometimes it's just trial and error to find a good trainer.

Building muscle mass will definitely improve your cellulite issue.

Thumbs up

When scoping out a trainer first tell them what your goals are (muscle gain), then ask what kind of program they'd put you on. If it's a bunch of bosu ball and machine stuff with no compound exercises, say thanks but no thanks. If they say anything about lifting heavy = bulky, walk away. When you do find someone that seems right, do a short term contract. That way if you see after a couple of weeks that they're not for you, you're not stuck for a longer term. Also look at their body. Does it look like a body you'd want? Or are they out of shape.

Sometimes it's just trial and error to find a good trainer.

Building muscle mass will definitely improve your cellulite issue.
    Thank You, that makes sense. Great tips too!

Found an interesting article pertaining to why we have cellulite & that it actually isn't hereditary...

http://www.freeacnebook.com/11-14.htm
    As quoted from above:

"Cellulite is considered the 'norm' today because of the foods we all eat. Because fewer babies are breastfed (or just during a few months), even young children can have cellulite nowadays since they already absorb 'dirty' protein from 'baby-food'.
    They also become addicted to the opioid peptides and beta-carbolines (in the baby food) at a very early age. If you have been raised mainly on foods containing opioid peptides and beta-carbolines, you are addicted to foods containing lots of 'dirty' protein. So, if mom has cellulite but breastfed her daughter, and the daughter eats differently and consumes very little 'dirty' protein, the girl will not have cellulite. Or the other way around: if mom has no cellulite but did not breastfeed (or just a few months), then her daughter will have stronger cravings for foods containing opioid peptides, and thus will very likely develop cellulite at an early age.

Beating cellulite is mainly about beating your addiction to wheat- and dairy-products and proteinaceous prepared foods. By sufficiently decreasing your intake of 'dirty protein' (and salt) your cellulite will decrease too - within three months. Depending on how good you want your skin to look, you must decrease your intake of 'dirty' protein accordingly."

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    what about the stuff from nivea that was on the oprah and tyra banks show a while back that had great results?

http://www.nivea.com/highlights/prod...eeplink_id=334

has anyone used it?

Smile

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmixy View Post
    what about the stuff from nivea that was on the oprah and tyra banks show a while back that had great results?

http://www.nivea.com/highlights/prod...eeplink_id=334

has anyone used it?
    I don't believe the creams work. As I am sure you know. I have an older Oprah mag that I have been reading lately, & did happen to come across some silly new hormone drug too. IDK can't help you there.

I believe it does have everything to do with diet. Which I find intriguing.

Soundtrack Always Playing DanceDiva's Avatar
    DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Found an interesting article pertaining to why we have cellulite & that it actually isn't hereditary...

As quoted from above:

"Cellulite is considered the 'norm' today because of the foods we all eat. Because fewer babies are breastfed (or just during a few months), even young children can have cellulite nowadays since they already absorb 'dirty' protein from 'baby-food'.
    They also become addicted to the opioid peptides and beta-carbolines (in the baby food) at a very early age. If you have been raised mainly on foods containing opioid peptides and beta-carbolines, you are addicted to foods containing lots of 'dirty' protein. So, if mom has cellulite but breastfed her daughter, and the daughter eats differently and consumes very little 'dirty' protein, the girl will not have cellulite. Or the other way around: if mom has no cellulite but did not breastfeed (or just a few months), then her daughter will have stronger cravings for foods containing opioid peptides, and thus will very likely develop cellulite at an early age.

Beating cellulite is mainly about beating your addiction to wheat- and dairy-products and proteinaceous prepared foods. By sufficiently decreasing your intake of 'dirty protein' (and salt) your cellulite will decrease too - within three months. Depending on how good you want your skin to look, you must decrease your intake of 'dirty' protein accordingly."
    I wouldn't believe any of this without some peer-reviewed studies to back it up.
    -- Keep the Faith Baby (Adam Clayton Powell)

-- "If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come
    up with a Plan B."

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)

As quoted from above:

I don't agree with this at all. "Dirty protein?" Complete rubbish, as is everything else mentioned in that article.

I used to have a butt and thighs that were full of cellulite. When I was 11 years old I went to an orthopedic specialist because I'd been having joint pains and one of the first thing he said to my mom is, "you know, she has cellulite". I remember being very aware of it at an early age. And I was breastfed btw. I pretty much always had cellulite, no matter what my weight, unless I dropped into a clinically emaciated weight range. I no longer have cellulite. What has worked for me has been to really work on filling out with muscle, while keeping body fat gains to a minimum/staying pretty lean while gaining. My diet includes plenty of wheat and plenty of dairy (dairy is actually a huge part of my protein consumption) and I've been able to get rid of my cellulite. Also I'm not obsessed with eating "clean", I include plenty of treats in my diet. Muscle + low body fat= best weapons in getting rid of or at least diminishing appearance of cellulite.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 01-24-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What a horrible thing to say in front of an 11 yr old girl
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    What a horrible thing to say in front of an 11 yr old girl
    I agree. I wasn't exactly sure what cellulite was at the time, but I remember hearing that word on Weird Al's song "Fat" and so I knew it couldn't be a good thing. I wasn't fat at all, I had just hit puberty and packed on a little bit of fat, but I was by no means overweight. I was actually bordering on underweight, just very inactive at the time.

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been aware of my "saddlebags" and cellulite since I was about 4th grade. I got baptized at a church picnic and had to wear a bathing suit to the event. I vividly remember being embarrassed about how "fat" I was and about specifically, my thighs/butt in the bathing suit (which was a 1 piece). I have a picture of it somewhere and my legs look out of proportion to my body, for my age.

I wish I could find some actual people on here (not spokes models) who have before and after pictures of cellulite on thighs/butt that they changed.
    Hard work = Hard body.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. "Dirty protein?" Complete rubbish, as is everything else mentioned in that article.

I used to have a butt and thighs that were full of cellulite. When I was 11 years old I went to an orthopedic specialist because I'd been having joint pains and one of the first thing he said to my mom is, "you know, she has cellulite". I remember being very aware of it at an early age. And I was breastfed btw. I pretty much always had cellulite, no matter what my weight, unless I dropped into a clinically emaciated weight range. I no longer have cellulite. What has worked for me has been to really work on filling out with muscle, while keeping body fat gains to a minimum/staying pretty lean while gaining. My diet includes plenty of wheat and plenty of dairy (dairy is actually a huge part of my protein consumption) and I've been able to get rid of my cellulite. Also I'm not obsessed with eating "clean", I include plenty of treats in my diet. Muscle + low body fat= best weapons in getting rid of or at least diminishing appearance of cellulite.
    All I am asking for was a discussion, that article, if anyone has given some time to read through it, has made some of the most sense for me. It doesn't say that just because someone was or wasn't breast fed that they now have cellulite....

I just don't like the idea that people keep telling me that, you're a woman & so if you have it, suck it up, most do, & there's Nothin you can do about it.

I have seen some women body builders profiles on here, where they're ripped in every other way, & yet still have cellulite, & yet when they *carb up* they eat white potato's & white rice ect, ect, Are they on the pill too? Supposedly prolonged use of the pill can muck up your hormones which can in turn reek havoc on your body from the inside out.

I have also been playing around with the idea of going raw. There's nothing wrong with trying it. I already have limited access to certain foods.

Thank You for being so honest with me heidismommy, as I've seen a lot of your posts through this site, & respect your opinion. From what I can tell, you have a Great body!!

I find it difficult when I ask a lot of the younger women through pm about their body or w/e & I never seem to hear back from them. :S

I am also not saying that I don't think ppl should eat a certain way & what not, but so far eating dairy & wheat/gluten has not been benefiting me. (Lactose Intolerant *btw I LOVE milk* & IBS) UGH! Acne & Cellulite.

What I've been doing hasn't been working, time to do it differently. ~guess I am just rambling now, my apologies.

Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    I have been aware of my "saddlebags" and cellulite since I was about 4th grade. I got baptized at a church picnic and had to wear a bathing suit to the event. I vividly remember being embarrassed about how "fat" I was and about specifically, my thighs/butt in the bathing suit (which was a 1 piece). I have a picture of it somewhere and my legs look out of proportion to my body, for my age.

I wish I could find some actual people on here (not spokes models) who have before and after pictures of cellulite on thighs/butt that they changed.
    Yes, no one ever seems to record those... *shrugz* IDK