Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    darksoulzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Poetique View Post
    Wrong. Depends on circumstances. Especially relating to larger individuals (such as myself) do not have to lose muscle in addition to losing weight. I'm still gaining muscle currently, actually...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On one hand I want to repeat myself regarding the losing fat and gaining muscle issue, but on the other hand, I'd end up feeling inclined to answer the same question again 3 days from now.

Short answer?
    Yes it's possible to simultaneously lose fat and gain muscle.
    No, it's not easy.
    No, it's probably not sustainable, especially for the average (and definitely not the average-sized) individual.
    Yes, it helps if your body has excess energy (fat) and lots of it.
    Yes, it's easier to do if you're an easy-gainer as opposed to a hard gainer.
    Yes, when attempting this, cardio has a very strong chance of screwing everything up, especially if you're already a somewhat active individual.
    Yes, it's easier to do if you're new to lifting.
    Yes, performing both simultaneously is ultimately slower than doing one or the other.

And a good diet for performing the feat is keto. (Especially CKD in my opinion)

I'm not sure if you can search user responses around here but I've answered the question, thoroughly, 3-5 times now. Just try the search, something useful will more than likely popup.

I lol'd

EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chaser1712 View Post
    I heard that u can have a week of intense training eating above bmr followed by a week of less intense (more volume) training eating a little less than bmr. Then keep it going. This way u build muscle the 1st week by the 2nd ur metabolism is all reved up to shred fat off. Not positive yet if it's true but it makes sense to me and I'm about to try that.
    Hmmmm, very interesting. Theoretically, one could lose a pound of weight/fat within a week, while gaining maybe 0.15-0.20 lbs of lean muscle the other week.

Thoughts?

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EJ123 View Post
    Hmmmm, very interesting. Theoretically, one could lose a pound of weight/fat within a week, while gaining maybe 0.15-0.20 lbs of lean muscle the other week.

Thoughts?
    Or you could do a weekly cyclical program like UD2 that's designed to lose fat Mon-Thur and build muscle on the weekend. I've seen some pretty sick transformations with that program. It requires a lot of discipline and a lot of time in the gym though.

TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you're just confusing "weight loss" with the numbers on a scale.

If you're lifting and creating a caloric deficit you WILL lose body fat, which is what is important in the end. Not the # that pops up when you step on the scale. You will lose inches and burn your fat and turn it into muscle.

As long as you're looking and feeling better and clothes are fitting better you're doing it right. When you start lifting you wont see the #'s of pounds fly off but you're not losing muscle either. You're basically exchaging a lot of fat for some muscle. Which imo, is better than just being skinny fat.