Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Oatmeal in the morning....

I know Oatmeal is great to eat first thing in the morning...plenty of good carbs.
    I eat a large bowl full of the stuff every morning without fail...I find I can go for hours in the gym on that alone...
    But my question is...does anyone feel that it can give you a bloated feeling? or is it just me...I mean when I wake in the morning my stomach looks how I want it to look...FLAT!
    But after the oatmeal and arriving at the gym its not looking to flat anymore lol

Does anybody feel oatmeal can make you feel bloated...something I want to avoid really as im trying to achieve the washboard look..any thoughts please.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1/2 cup (unccoked volume) doesn't distend my stomach much, one cup uncooked does. But why even worry about it unless you are heading to the beach right after breakfast?

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daywalker75 View Post
    I know Oatmeal is great to eat first thing in the morning...plenty of good carbs.
    I eat a large bowl full of the stuff every morning without fail...I find I can go for hours in the gym on that alone...
    But my question is...does anyone feel that it can give you a bloated feeling? or is it just me...I mean when I wake in the morning my stomach looks how I want it to look...FLAT!
    But after the oatmeal and arriving at the gym its not looking to flat anymore lol

Does anybody feel oatmeal can make you feel bloated...something I want to avoid really as im trying to achieve the washboard look..any thoughts please.
    It's the fiber...it does that. OATS are a great thing....what kind are you eating by chance? I usually just dump plain oats right into my whey shake and chug em down raw.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daywalker75 View Post

Don't quote me on this, it's just a passing theory born of no real scientific or medical evidence...

but perhaps your stomach lose empty in the morning cause it's.... empty? Continuing down this path of crazy logic one could say that it looks less flat because... it's not empty?

Jokes aside, oatmeal causes bloat in some people. IF you're one of those people, and you don't want the bloat, don't eat it. But it's only temporary.

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by coals View Post
    Don't quote me on this, it's just a passing theory born of no real scientific or medical evidence...

but perhaps your stomach lose empty in the morning cause it's.... empty? Continuing down this path of crazy logic one could say that it looks less flat because... it's not empty?

Jokes aside, oatmeal causes bloat in some people. IF you're one of those people, and you don't want the bloat, don't eat it. But it's only temporary.
    Of course it looks empty if there is nothing in it! If I swapped the oatmeal for say a small bowl of cereal...It would still look flat as if there was nothing in it...how about that for logic. But the thing with a bowl of cereal I dont think that would be enough to fuel my gruelling sessions..I may try eating less because I havnt measured but its way over a cup of uncooked I use...I make enough to fill a very large bowl...plus I add two crushed bananas.
    So ill try eating a normal size bowl instead of the large.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    1/2 cup (unccoked volume) doesn't distend my stomach much, one cup uncooked does. But why even worry about it unless you are heading to the beach right after breakfast?
    LOL I just checked...I eat about a mug and a half of the stuff each morning...no wonder I can easily train for three hours!

Time to try eating a bit less I guess...the bloat is not good when yr doing standing presses or deads,,pulling yr belt tight and feeling the discomfort of what I ate earlier...and this is even after a 2 hour digest period!