gm6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with Keto diet.

First off, a little about me. I'm 21, 5'11" and 330 lbs. When i was back in high school, I was 5'11" but 240 lbs and I was on the weightlifting team. I had a decent shape, i had definition but i wasnt overly cut. Since going to college, i have devoted a lot more of my time to my studies and unfortunately bad eating habbits. I've come across Dave Pulumbo (sp?) and his diet overview in the nutrition section. I have been through the stickys up top and i understand where the calorie breakdown is and i've taken one of his eating plans, but i was wondering if someone could help with tweaking it.

Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs

Does anyone know what is a good alternative for meal 6? Would eating chicken or beef or tuna would be a good subsitute? and how much? also, would this be a good "beginning" keto diet for a man my size until i read further into the diet itself?

Any info that could help would be great. Thanks!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need vegetables. Nuts are fine to fill out your macros, but they are not a replacement for broccoli, spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, celery, lettuce, cauliflower, green beans, fennel etc.

Personally, I'd go with a good extra virgin olive oil, but that's your choice.

Why have you no red meat in there? One of the joys of keto is being able to eat big juicy rib steaks. They'll keep your testosterone high and they taste great (with lots of veggies, of course).

What does your meal plan add up to?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

I thought veggies and the such had carbs in it that werent allowed for keto. I guess i have more reading up to do, So when and what would you suggest eating these veggies? Like instead of the nuts i could do like a cup or 2 of veggies and then maybe a small salad with like meal 4 and six? Also, i plan on putting in my red meats. This is just a day by day type of diet while i'll substitue every once in a while. im looking for about 2000 - 2200 cals in a day.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also see you have two shakes with peanut butter.. Why is that?.. a meat product and veggies would go good there.. Shakes should be kept post work out. regular food the rest of the day.. I prepare all my meals in the afternoon before i head off to work.. Three breaks and i eat three meals...

It doesnt really matter where the veggies go in relation to your diet.. just as long as you incorperate them into your diet..

Yes veggies have carbs.. and have to be counted.. HOWEVER the fiber in them does not count toward your carb limit
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gm6 View Post
    I thought veggies and the such had carbs in it that werent allowed for keto. I guess i have more reading up to do, So when and what would you suggest eating these veggies? Like instead of the nuts i could do like a cup or 2 of veggies and then maybe a small salad with like meal 4 and six? Also, i plan on putting in my red meats. This is just a day by day type of diet while i'll substitue every once in a while. im looking for about 2000 - 2200 cals in a day.
    Green veg has fewer carbs than most nuts, they have lots of fiber and they will fill you up better. Not to mention the health benefits of the various micronutrients in things like broccoli. So definitely, go with a couple of cups of veg at sit down meals. It's hard to beat steak and broccoli or salmon and spinach.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Ok. i see incorporating some veggies when i do my sit down meals. I just got this diet plan from reading a bunch of Dave Palumbo's threads, and this was his main breakdon of his diet he uses to cut. I understand that dave is a pro and this is his living so i was just asking for advice on how to tweak it to fit a guy that goes to school full time and works full time. Thanks for the info so far guys, and Girl

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the peanut butter, eggs, whey protein can all be baked together into cookies. thats what i do, it makes the diet easier on the run

as for the chicken and almonds, you can just throw that into a ziploc bag and munch on it whenever you have the time.

and as for meal 6, i would totally cut that out.. i know it says that for a 250+ pound individual but thats just rediculous..
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One thing.. Daves diet is KINDA keto.

His is protein heavy.. 60% protein 30 % fat..
    KETO is 65% FAT 30% protein..
    Some people may have a hard time reaching Ketosis on his diet plan..
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the diet is not bad... my diet is really simple like that the same few foods ive learned to like over and over again every three ours... beef, eggs, spinach, nuts, olive oil..every now and then ill fry up some chicken wings with no crab hot sauce..but yeah anyways replace meal 6 with a chicken leg quarter the leg and thigh and a few pieces of bacon or two cans of tuna with some mayo mixed in and youll be dandy... no need to over complicate things.... good luck in your quest man