Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

THEUnstoppable Journey to College Football: 1 Step at a Time

Not gunna give a long intro here or anything, I got what I got and a goal inside my head that I won't stop till I achieve.

I'm a high school senior, 18 year old, whose football season finished 2 weeks ago. I'm 6'2 168, played DE and OL for my high school, who lost in the first round of district playoffs. Anyway, I'm starting anew with my goals of walking onto Temple's football team in a year or two. Anyway, onward!

THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEUnstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Week 1, Day 1:

No activity

Basically: Got my head straight today. Figured I was gunna use a variation of West Side for Skinny Bastards 2 till the summer along with Mass XXX to help put on weight. Basically, what I am gunna do is:

Max Effort Upper Body Monday
    Max Effort Lower Body Tuesday
    Stationary Bicycle for 1/2 hr. Wen (If Legs can handle it)
    Repetition Upper Body Thursday
    Repetition Lower Body Friday

with a Mass XXX shake every morning/after wo

I'm not gunna do any plyo's/running at the beginning because of my desire to pack on as much weight as possible. I am doing the bike to put some cardio in my workout.

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck bro and pack on some serious mass.

someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should look into WS4SB 3. Its broken into Monday- Max Effort Upper, Tuesday- Dynamic effort Lower, Thursday- Rep upper, Friday- Max effort Lower.

What position are you wanting to play in college?

Originally Posted by BeastAndPower View Post
    good luck bro and pack on some serious mass.
    Thanks for the support man.

Originally Posted by someone480 View Post
    You should look into WS4SB 3. Its broken into Monday- Max Effort Upper, Tuesday- Dynamic effort Lower, Thursday- Rep upper, Friday- Max effort Lower.

What position are you wanting to play in college?
    Will look at it thanks

As for position, I just wanna get my weight and athleticism up to college level before I pick a position. I would prefer to play anywhere on defense outside of DT depending on my gains, since I was always a better defensive player. If I am asked to played TE though, I will gladly do it.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by THEUnstoppable View Post
    Thanks for the support man.

Will look at it thanks

As for position, I just wanna get my weight and athleticism up to college level before I pick a position. I would prefer to play anywhere on defense outside of DT depending on my gains, since I was always a better defensive player. If I am asked to played TE though, I will gladly do it.
    I would consider either OLB or FS/SS if I were you... No offense but at 168lbs you would have to put on atleast 60lbs of mass to play anything but those, and you still would be undersized at OLB after those 60lbs, I would consider trying Defensive Back, and I would worry more about speed, if you could get fast and just gain 12lbs you would be ok

Edit: Just saw you were trying to walk on to temple

here are some realistic goals for you to set IMO

if you wanna play D-Back shoot for

185lbs atleast, and 4.6-4.7 40 and you will be ok

OLB

atleast 215lbs but that would mean you would have to be really quick
    shoot for 220 and under a 4.8

hope this helps, granted you dont HAVE to be these, but this would be a much better idea for you if you wanna walk on D-1 because your gonna need Speed, Size, and Strength
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    I would consider either OLB or FS/SS if I were you... No offense but at 168lbs you would have to put on atleast 60lbs of mass to play anything but those, and you still would be undersized at OLB after those 60lbs, I would consider trying Defensive Back, and I would worry more about speed, if you could get fast and just gain 12lbs you would be ok

Edit: Just saw you were trying to walk on to temple

here are some realistic goals for you to set IMO

if you wanna play D-Back shoot for

185lbs atleast, and 4.6-4.7 40 and you will be ok

OLB

atleast 215lbs but that would mean you would have to be really quick
    shoot for 220 and under a 4.8

hope this helps, granted you dont HAVE to be these, but this would be a much better idea for you if you wanna walk on D-1 because your gonna need Speed, Size, and Strength
    Will keep that in mind. I would love to play OLB or SS. And it's not as much making goals as getting somewhere. I gotta be patient and wait for the results to start rolling in.

Week 1, Day 2
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Workout:

B) Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps with each leg (45 Lb. Dumbells)
    C) Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps (115 lbs, 135 lbs, 155 lbs.)
    D) Weighted Situps: 3 sets of 10 reps (while holding 45 lb. weight)

Didn't do Box Jumps. Will do next time.

Basically: Started lifting again. Did everything WS4SB said to do besides Box Jumps, but still seems like so little. I took 2 minute breaks between sets for each set (I used to never time the break time between sets) so that was good. Taking tomorrow off as manuel says, getting Mass XXX tomorrow. Took the first step of a journey of 1 thousand miles.

Week 1, Day 3
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    Recovery Day

Basically: Had a rest day today. My legs are still kinda beat from yesterday and I didn't really sleep well. And, my ride to GNC had work today, so he couldn't drive me to get Mass XXX (-_-). Anyway, looking forward to upper body day tomorrow.

Week #1, Day #4 (Forgot to do this yesterday )
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Workout:
    Bench Press (Free Weight): 5 times at 135, 3 times at 155
    Super set Chin-ups and rear Delt flyes: 3 super sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell military press: 4 sets of 10 reps with 35 lb.
    Super set Barbell shrugs and DB curls: 3 sets of 10 reps with 135 lb for shrug/35 lb for curl
    Wrist Rollers: 3 sets of 2 reps

Basically: Good workout, really feeling it. Did not have perfect form on some of the exercises, which needs to be improved.

Week #1, Day #5
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    Smith Machine Squats: 15 reps of 105, 10 reps of 125, 8 reps of 155, 5 reps of 165, 3 reps of 195
    Walking lunges: 3 sets of 12-10-8 lunges with 30-35-40 lbs.
    Leg curls: 3 sets of 8-10-12 with 105-115-125 lbs.
    Sit ups: 3 sets of 15-12-10 reps

Basically: Got my Mass XXX!!!! I'm taking 1 scoop every morning and a scoop after every WO. My workout today was pretty good, I got my stuff done and left. ****s going great.

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey bro u could look into doing free squats. I remember I was doin 300 on the smith Squat machine and when i did free squats i could barely do 225. Maybe that justed happened to me but definely try it and see what u can do.

Originally Posted by BeastAndPower View Post
    Hey bro u could look into doing free squats. I remember I was doin 300 on the smith Squat machine and when i did free squats i could barely do 225. Maybe that justed happened to me but definely try it and see what u can do.
    Will look into it. Thanks bro.

Week #1, Days 6-7
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    Rest days

Basically: Week end is my rest days. Chilling and eating. Getting ready to start over on Monday.

Weight update:
    Gained 4 lbs. in week 1, gone from 168 to 172 lbs.

Taking 1 scoop of mass XXX every morning on a non lifting day, taking 2 scoops after every workout on a workout day.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Weight update:
    Gained 4 lbs. in week 1, gone from 168 to 172 lbs.

Taking 1 scoop of mass XXX every morning on a non lifting day, taking 2 scoops after every workout on a workout day.
    probably more water retention than anything due to the extra calories, but nevertheless keep going, water=more mass= more strength
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    probably more water retention than anything due to the extra calories, but nevertheless keep going, water=more mass= more strength
    I'll take it, whether water or whatever. Water is better then straight up fat anyway

Week #2, Day #1
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    Smith Machine BP: 10 reps 105, 5 reps 125, 5 reps 155, 3 reps of 175, 1 rep of 195
    Flat DB Bench press: 2 sets, 20 reps of 35 lbs.
    DB skull crushers: 3 sets of 10 reps, 25 lbs DB
    Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps, 100 lbs.
    Barbell Shrug: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbel Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps of 30, 35, 40 lbs.

Basically: A decent workout, though not up to my standards. Need a good leg day tomorrow and a good rest of the week to make up for it.

Week #2, Day #2
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

WO:
    Box Jumps: 5 sets of 3 reps, 5 boxes (max = 8 boxes with some stability problems)
    Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps per leg, 30-35-40 lb. dumbbells
    Leg Curls: 3 sets of 12-10-8 reps, 110-125, 145 lbs.
    Crunches with side twists: 3 sets of 8 reps

Basically: Decent workout, though it seemed kind of short. Got everything in though, and felt it in my legs. Also, tried my max box jump height, I managed to get 8 boxes, which is a little less then half my height. I'm 74 inches, so I think I jumped like 33-34-35 inches. Thats pretty good.

Registered User gridironwarrior's Avatar
    gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep up the good work!
    Football > Rugby, end of story.

Week #2, Day #3
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

WO:
    N/A

Basically: Off day. Gunna got home and eat a **** load of food.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Originally Posted by gridironwarrior View Post
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks buddy!

Week #2, Day #4
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    Flat DB Bench Press: 15 reps of 35 lb, 10 reps of 40, 5 reps of 45
    Lat Pull downs: 3 sets of 8 reps at 115 lbs. superset with
    Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 8 at 100 lbs.
    DB Lateral raises: 4 sets of 8 with 15 lb dumbbells
    DB Shrugs: 3 sets of 10 reps of 50 lbs. superset with
    Hammer Curls:3 sets of 10 reps of 35 lbs.

Basically: Got everything done, had a good workout. Need a good leg day tomorrow to consider my week complete.

Week #2, Day #5
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

WO:
    Smith Machine Squats: 12 reps of 155, 8 reps of 175, 6 reps of 195, 3 reps of 215
    Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps with 50 lb. dumbbells
    Leg Curls: 12 reps of 95, 10 reps of 105, 8 reps of 120

Basically: Had 1/2 an hour to get my workout done, got what I needed to get done done. Fell good about this weeks work, even though I think I tweaked my back. Can't weight to weigh myself on Sunday.

federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Smith machines bad for your back. that may be why your backs is tweaked. Get in a power rack the smith isnt very good
    -------Mar 1st - June 1st fat loss competition-------
    03/01 (240) | 03/08(239) | 03/15 (239) | 03/22(238) | 03/29(236) | Month Total: 4 lbs.
    04/05 (---) | 04/12 (---) | 04/19 (---) | 04/26 (---) | Month Total:
    05/03 (---) | 05/10 (---) | 05/17 (---) | 05/24 (---) | 05/31 (---) | Month Total:
    06/01 (---) Final weigh in.

Week #3, Day 6+7
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WO:
    N/A

Basically: I take weekends off. My back feels a bit worse after waking up today (must have slept in an uncomfortable position) but I am sure it will heal with rest and that it will last till Christmas, where I can take a nice break from lifting. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and starting over on Monday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by federaldb59 View Post
    Smith machines bad for your back. that may be why your backs is tweaked. Get in a power rack the smith isnt very good
    I would gladly man, except I work out in a school gym, so my options are limited. No power racks/free weight benches, so I gotta use the smith. I personally hate the smith because it inflates all my lifts, and does not work any of my support muscles, so it's help is limited. I do what I can though. As for my back, I slept during 7th period study hall in a very uncomfortable position, likely causing this back pain. The smith might have inflamed it a little, but I really don't think so.

Weight update:
    Gained about 2 lbs. in week 2, gone from 172 to 174 lbs.

gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight update:
    Gained about 2 lbs. in week 2, gone from 172 to 174 lbs.

Is mass xxx the gnc gainer? I personall like to mix 20oz chocolate milk with 1/2 cup of ground oats wit 1 scoop of chocolate protein and 5g creatine for pwo.

Originally Posted by gridironwarrior View Post
    Is mass xxx the gnc gainer? I personall like to mix 20oz chocolate milk with 1/2 cup of ground oats wit 1 scoop of chocolate protein and 5g creatine for pwo.
    Yep, Mass XXX is the GNC gainer. Originally, I wanted to buy the Amplified Mass XXX and some creatine to take along with it, but due to low funds/not realizing my Gold Card was expired lead to me only buying the cheaper Mass XXX.

Your shake sounds good. Has it produced results for you?

Week #3, Day #1
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

WO:
    Close Grip BP: 10 reps of 105 lbs., 5 reps of 145 lbs., 1 rep of 175 lbs, 3 reps of 125
    Incline DB BP: 20 reps with 35 lbs., 17 reps with 35 lbs.
    Superset Seated Cable Rows with Delt : 3 sets of 8 reps each, at 145 and 25 lbs.
    Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 10 reps of 115 lbs.
    DB Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps 2 sets with 35 and 2 with 40lbs

Basically: Got my work in. Good workout today.

Yep, Mass XXX is the GNC gainer. Originally, I wanted to buy the Amplified Mass XXX and some creatine to take along with it, but due to low funds/not realizing my Gold Card was expired lead to me only buying the cheaper Mass XXX.

Your shake sounds good. Has it produced results for you?
    yea. works real well. fast carbs, whey protein, casein potein, oatmeal, and creatine does a body good.