mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgoogle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NEW OATMEAL RECIPE - 10 MIN - Crispy Toasted Oatmeal w/ Brown Sugar and PB Reduction

I used to hate oatmeal. I really despised it, I wanted to eat it because it's a great source of carbs, fibre, and protein. I knew I wouldn't be able to get bigger if I didn't incorporate it in my diet. I started eating it and it was mushy; I didn't like the consistency of the stuff. I was choking down huge bowls full, and sometimes I felt like I was on the verge of vomiting. Desperate, I tried adding apples, peanut butter, etc. but none of it helped the gruel taste and the very full feeling that came with ingesting large amounts of oatmeal. That all went away when I discovered a new way of making the cereal, more like cereal. This way of cooking, for me, is fast and convenient. I love oats now. And I don't feel bogged down from eating them like I used to.

Here are the steps I took:

Step 1
    Toast one cup of quick oats to 2 heaping teaspoons brown sugar in a saucepan or pot on medium high heat. 1 minute

Step 2
    Stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate the brown sugar, you will know when your oats are toasted when you can really smell them. The brown sugar will have started to stick to the bottom of the saucepan. Don't worry about the oats burning, but do continue stirring. Don't walk away. 3 minutes

Step 3
    Pour your oats into a bowl. 1 minute

Step 4
    Now pour some water just enough to cover the bottom of the saucepan. Scrape the pot to incorporate the water with the brown sugar that was left over. 2 minutes

Step 5
    Add a dollop of peanut butter and incorporate that in with the spoon til it's a little bit creamy. Bring it up to boil. At this point you may need a touch more water. 2 minutes

Step 6
    Pour your boiling slurry, over your toasted oats. 1 minnute

Step 7
    Eat.
    Last edited by mcgoogle; 11-30-2009 at 02:47 PM.