BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)

Pop Tarts for breakfast before gym.

Does anybody do this?

I have just started training in the morning and I am way too lazy to get up and cook before going to the gym, so I was just thinking of having two Pop Tarts and a glass of milk before hitting the gym.

I would obviously count the calories and make sure it didn't affect my Macro ratios etc, and would eat a very clean diet for the rest of the day.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

I know a lot of people say "calories are calories, as long as you meet your macro goals you are fine", but I was wondering what you all thought.
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BadWog View Post
    Does anybody do this?

I have just started training in the morning and I am way too lazy to get up and cook before going to the gym, so I was just thinking of having two Pop Tarts and a glass of milk before hitting the gym.

I would obviously count the calories and make sure it didn't affect my Macro ratios etc, and would eat a very clean diet for the rest of the day.

I know a lot of people say "calories are calories, as long as you meet your macro goals you are fine", but I was wondering what you all thought.
    bleh, My stomach would get cramped from the sugar.. then I'd be farting in the gym.. and prolly shat my pants eventually. My vote is pass on the poptarts regardless of bulking or cutting.

RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RowdyRoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont train in the morning then.

badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000) badnewz74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anybody do this?

/thread
    **ARMY STRONG**

owes me reps: sleepysalmon, AlmightyJad

EXTREME PULL-UPS CREW

/ \

eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't see why you couldn't. Sounds yummy to me. I had pop tarts pre-bed a lot last month. Whatever works, pop tarts are yum yum

AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Throw a snickers in there too. Either way it's sh!t. I recommend you throw a shake together before bed and cover it in the fridge. Then add water or milk in the morning and stir. It works for me and I add cereal to it too.

Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I could boil water into a couple packs of oatmeal faster than toasting poptarts...

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Grits with Cheese is a lot better then pop tarts to me. Heck, even Oatmeal would be better. Maybe the pop tarts would work for you, but for me that's too much of a sugar rush too early in the morning.

lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    boil eggs the previous night, eat them in the morning b4 heading off to the gym.
    clew on some almonds/peanuts on the go.
    Disclaimer: The post above is about 3.50% srs

Poverty Meal Crew
    Already dripping precum Crew

🌲 I acknowledge that this comment was posted using app hosted in a server located in indigenous land of The Métis (1745) & The Algonquin (1886), 🌲

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
    Throw a snickers in there too. Either way it's sh!t. I recommend you throw a shake together before bed and cover it in the fridge. Then add water or milk in the morning and stir. It works for me and I add cereal to it too.
    Nice logic....

Originally Posted by YoungEx20 View Post
    Grits with Cheese is a lot better then pop tarts to me. Heck, even Oatmeal would be better. Maybe the pop tarts would work for you, but for me that's too much of a sugar rush too early in the morning.
    I think that "sugar rush" is largely in your head, but to each his own.

If the poptart settles in your stomach nicely, than it should be a fine preworkout meal. I am personaly a fan of getting some protein in pre-workout as well, but you did mention milk.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could do that. I'd add some protein powder to the milk though.

It's REALLy easy to cook a large amount of food the day before, so all you have to do is open your fridge, and there it is.

MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MBO234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could, but there are far better options.

People have said eggs, but I would try to get some carbs first thing in the morning before hitting the gym.

Try making a shake, or make something the night before so it will be ready to go. Don't try to justify to yourself that they are a good option by saying you don't have time, will be late, etc.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love poptarts preWO. Granted, I would definitely up the protein a bit for your preWO.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    bleh, My stomach would get cramped from the sugar.. then I'd be farting in the gym.. and prolly shat my pants eventually. My vote is pass on the poptarts regardless of bulking or cutting.
    lol, you sound like you have the body of an elderly man. Maybe you need to get that checked out, man.

CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pop-Tarts are highly processed, simple sugar-loaded, artificially-colored garbage. I wouldn't eat them - period.

Go for an apple instead. It will give you more of what you need for your early morning workout, and is probably comparable in calories, but loaded with nutrients. You'd be surprised how good they taste in time when you make them the sweetest thing you eat!

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThaShowstoppa View Post
    Pop-Tarts are highly processed, simple sugar-loaded, artificially-colored garbage. I wouldn't eat them - period.

Go for an apple instead. It will give you more of what you need for your early morning workout, and is probably comparable in calories, but loaded with nutrients. You'd be surprised how good they taste in time when you make them the sweetest thing you eat!
    Maybe if you had like 4. 2 poptarts have 400cals 0_o
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 medium sized green apple is 35 kcals, 1 pop tart is 200 kcals. FYI

Try this:
    The night before, measure out your oatmeal and poor it in the bowl along with maybe some cinammon, splenda, berries, etc. Cover the bowl with a paper plate and leave it on the counter by the microwave. When you get up in the morning you just add water (maybe with a little whey or egg protein powder if you want) and microwave it. It will take less than 5 minutes of your morning and almost no effort.

If you do that you'll have slow digesting low GI carbs, a much more filling meal, and you won't be body-building off the same stuff the fat kid sitting by himself in the cafeteria is eating. You can also sweeten with honey which is great for your digestive system and helps fight pollen based allergies.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141149431&p=809424601#post8094246011 - If you think sleep is important

NASM CPT (July 2006)
    NCSA CPT (December 2006)
    BS - Human Biology and Nutrition (May 2011)
    MS - Physiology (May 2013)
    CSCS (July 2013)
    PhD - Physiology (June 2015)

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hmm, mixed opinions.

I might give it a crack and see how I go with it. If I feel like crap I'll bail on the Pop Tarts.

I was just thinking though, I haven't made Bodybuilder Pancakes in a while (recipe is on bb.com somewhere), and I used to cook them the night before and heat them in the microwave in the morning, I should probably go back to that.

But I think I might have the pop tarts with a shake preWO every now and then as a treat. :P

Thanks for posting everyone.
    Last edited by BadWog; 11-29-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

"boulder shoulders" fade2green514's Avatar
    fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd say no, i like pop tarts but they are very high in calories for how much they fill your stomache. idk about you but i can EAT! pop tarts would not even barely curb my appetite...

maybe i just have a high metabolism though, i do too much cardio lol... seriously, who enjoys cardio?! uhhh me sadly.

oh and if you read the nutrition sticky about pre-post workout nutrition you need a source of protein which pop tarts do not provide. it's better than eating nothing i guess though. it is however a great way to lose muscle. your organs need protein too and since you didn't get any your body will take from your muscles and give to your organs. of course, scientists don't know how protein folding works yet. sorry! i have no proof. lol
    Last edited by fade2green514; 11-29-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pop-Tarts before the gym is my thing. Digest quickly, and I don't feel like its digesting for the first half of my workout. Usually 1-2 poptarts, and some whey is my pre.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't see a problem with pop-tarts prewo or anytime really, I'd add some whey to the milk though just for some more protein.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd say go for it... I also like rice cakes and PB&J pre-workout.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    lol, you sound like you have the body of an elderly man. Maybe you need to get that checked out, man.
    Nah man, it just doesn't tolerate bull****

spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) spicytunaroll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anybody do this?

Please do not do this. There are far better ways to intake calories than with this sugary carb junk food. Have a banana instead.
    You are not overtraining! You are not a hardgainer! You are simply a lazy undereating pussy!

stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThaShowstoppa View Post

lol you would need to eat 4/5 big apples to match the pop tarts. OP my opinion is they are not worth eating on a daily basis. On a weekend yes but in the week, respect your program and eat cleaner. Take a close look at what you consume before you hit the gym and post workout. Im sure that if you stuck to a more balanced breakfast, you would feel and perform better for it.

CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, didn't realize Pop Tarts have THAT many calories in them haha... all the more reason to avoid them! That many calories coming from simple sugars? Yikes!