andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500)

to drink or not to drink?

This weekend im going on a 4 day cruise. Hosted by miller beer. Minimum age 18, maximum age 35 (so all young people). free Miller beer the whole trip. 9 clubs/bars on the boat.

I have been cutting strictly for my december holiday to capetown over new years. I have been dieting hard and doing plenty cardio. My goal is to get to 7% bf by then. I'm currently sitting on 9/10%

If you were me, would you go mad on this cruise like everyone else? or would you be the only person on the boat to not drink? I don't want to waste my money and dissapoint my 3 friends I am going with, but I also don't want to damage my goals for new years.

What should I do? Please help!

CC/Htown/Lake Jackson TX kyleTX's Avatar
    kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kyleTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    enjoy yourself! get absolutely crazy for a week.

4 days of partying will NOT ruin your goals dude!

have fun or you'll regret being the **** on the trip that didn't have the time of his life.

When you get back, you'll want to hit the gym twice as hard.

Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrewB007 View Post
    This weekend im going on a 4 day cruise. Hosted by miller beer. Minimum age 18, maximum age 35 (so all young people). free Miller beer the whole trip. 9 clubs/bars on the boat.

I have been cutting strictly for my december holiday to capetown over new years. I have been dieting hard and doing plenty cardio. My goal is to get to 7% bf by then. I'm currently sitting on 9/10%

If you were me, would you go mad on this cruise like everyone else? or would you be the only person on the boat to not drink? I don't want to waste my money and dissapoint my 3 friends I am going with, but I also don't want to damage my goals for new years.

What should I do? Please help!
    I got rejected from my long term goal of joining the police (strict application process here), because I drank too much. So now I just chill on a single beer and make it last, and no one is the wiser. I would say if you're going to feel really, really bad about it.. Get smashed one night, and do the single beer trick the rest of the time.

andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Carousel View Post
    I got rejected from my long term goal of joining the police (strict application process here), because I drank too much. So now I just chill on a single beer and make it last, and no one is the wiser. I would say if you're going to feel really, really bad about it.. Get smashed one night, and do the single beer trick the rest of the time.

Thanks that does sound like a good plan

Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000) Form_n_Function is just really nice. (+1000)
    Miller light is only like 96 cal, 3 g carbs, 4% alc. A few of those shouldn't really mess you up...

AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdverageJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Drink and be merry. Just watch the drunken munchies!

Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx_Chop_xX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

No worries! Have a blast!, get wasted and see some titties!
    -"I don't what's better, gettin paid or gettin laid, but as long as I'm gettin one the others gettin away"
    -"Please all and you will please none"
    -"Pain is weakness escaping the body."
    -"Motivation gets you started, dedication keeps you going"

Xbox Live G.T. "BrahUMadBRAH"

-Team Scivation

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kyleTX View Post
    enjoy yourself! get absolutely crazy for a week.

4 days of partying will NOT ruin your goals dude!

have fun or you'll regret being the **** on the trip that didn't have the time of his life.

When you get back, you'll want to hit the gym twice as hard.
    Umm..... 4 days of binging could add a couple pounds of fat. Easily. Especially if you've been dieting for a while, the body is looking to restore the body fat you've been chewing on. If you add a few lbs of fat, that will set you back a few weeks on your goal.

The answer to OP's question is just a matter of whats more important at the time. How important is it that you meet your goal by new years? If its not that critical, then go nutz. If its somewhat important, you might want to just have a couple beers each day and just go really easy....enjoy the company but not overindulge. If your goal is absolutely imperative, you probably want to stick to your diet and just enjoy being around your friends.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Umm..... 4 days of binging could add a couple pounds of fat. Easily. Especially if you've been dieting for a while, the body is looking to restore the body fat you've been chewing on. If you add a few lbs of fat, that will set you back a few weeks on your goal.

The answer to OP's question is just a matter of whats more important at the time. How important is it that you meet your goal by new years? If its not that critical, then go nutz. If its somewhat important, you might want to just have a couple beers each day and just go really easy....enjoy the company but not overindulge. If your goal is absolutely imperative, you probably want to stick to your diet and just enjoy being around your friends.
    Normally I would say the same as the others but this post above is correct.

You have to weight the pro's and con's.

You are pretty close to that deadline date and if it's really important to you then I'd say skip the hardcore drinking.

The cruse sounds pretty ****ing pro though. I'm sure it will be hard but remember that it doesn't matter how much you drink :P it's all about how much the girls drink... OH YEAH!!!!

:P

In other words moderation is probably your best bet. You don't get **** face drunk and you get to remember the great time you had and come to your deadline you get to enjoy reaching your goal.

Also, long term > short term.

Best of luck and have a great time.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Life is much too short to always deprive yourself. Unless you have a competition of some kind a few weeks later, I do not see what is wrong with going out and enjoying yourself.

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    Life is much too short to always deprive yourself. Unless you have a competition of some kind a few weeks later, I do not see what is wrong with going out and enjoying yourself.
    You know, it really depends on how you want to look at this.

Would he really be depriving himself by not drinking heavy for a couple days?
    I mean if he skips that he has a down side of not being drunk for a few days, but he still is on the trip and it sounds like it's going to be ****ing amazing the way it is.

If he sticks to his goals he gets a lot of reward from that. The satisfaction of actually reaching the goal. The look he has which I'm sure will lead to other enjoyments.

On top of that the satisfaction of having the mental capacities that most people lack.

It would be a tough call to say that it's a total deprivation, I guess it depends on how much you enjoy alcohol or how much you feel it's needed to have a good time.

I'm ex-military and was Infantry so trust me I know all about drinking :P and sometimes I wish I'd have been a bit more sober so I could have remembered a few things here and there or spent less time in the bars and more time doing other **** and experiencing the other benefits that life has.

<3

Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jsaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calculate the exact amount of calories your going to consume on this cruise (8 beers x 4 nights = 32 Beers) and plan on doing 10 -15 extra minutes of cardio everyday for the next month until you pay off your caloric debt.

You need to live a little too.