bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i need to find a elliptical

i am looking for good elliptical! i am only able to find cheap(not only in price buy also in quality) ones. i have a limit of no more then 2,000 but would like to spend around 1,000 to 1,300$ (thats with shipping also). im not sure if precor makes any that cheap but at my gym they use precor EFX 544, i think thats the model. if i can't find that one then i would like a similiar model.

reps 4 any GOOD help!

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you terminating your gym membership? If not, then why not just use the ones at the gym?

3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Play It Again sports has quality used exercise equipment.

Vugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Precor 5.21i. Three months ago I was in the same boat. I wanted an elliptical and my spending limit was $2000 max. I was trying to find something for around $1500. I could not find an elliptical in that price range that was decent. I ended up spending about $3000 and I could not be happier. I absolutely love this thing. It is the best money that I have spent in awhile.

bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigD187 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    where did u get yours? do they have a payment program? cause i only got 2,000 for income tax this year.

Vugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got mine from Chicago Home Fitness. I did the 6 months no interest deal. They have a few different payment plans. I would definitely check out the precor ellipticals. The 5.17i has similar options as well and its about $2300. I did not get that one because I weigh 255lbs. and the 5.21i is a little beefier. Also, the 5.21i has the cardio option included and I use it every time I am on that thing. Like I said, you will find cheaper ones, but from what I have seen, do not compare. I am going to do a review soon in the workout section.

so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) so2315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to find a 2nd Wind Store, and check out Life Fitness. Precor, Life Fitness or Octane seem to be very good models!!

rkeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try doing a search for reconditioned precor elliptical. There are several sites you can pick them up from for decent prices and with decent guarantees. Also check out Body Solid and Horizon Ellipticalls. The BS comes with that wonderful lifetime warranty and the Horizon warranty isn't bad and the products will last you a long time for in home use, not quite up to Precor standards but hey what is?

fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatburg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have had my Nordictrack for about 2 years now and love it. The stride is nice and long on it, it has both the arm movement levers as well as the solid wide bars which is nice. They run under $1k. I would say they are worth atleast looking at.

press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) press man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nautilus

I have a nautilus NE 2000 that I have had for 2 years. I absolutely love it and the price was about $1800 on sale. Seeing as that model has been around for some time, you may be able to find it cheaper. It still lists for $2400. New Precor was out of my price range.

The Nautilus is very stable and I use it daily. I tried the home versions of the Life Fitness machines and they are terrible. Not like the gym at all. The Nautilus mimmicks the machines I was used to at the gym in my opinion.

That being said, the main advantage of the Precor is that you can increase and decrease the incline. That is something Precor's have that no one else does. Most others will just increase and decrease resistance. Most Precor models don't have the moving arm handles, but most people will tell you they are useless anyway. I don't use them to be honest.

Whatever you do, don't go cheap. You will be happier and the equipment will last longer if you invest wisely.

BTW, first post!

FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best deal on an Elliptical you are going to get is if you have an MC sports near you. They have the True FD 3.0 for $1000 there. You will not find a better bargain on a quality elliptical anywhere. It doesn't have some of the fancy features of the $3000 to $4000 ellipticals but it is a really nice elliptical for the money.

richard82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know it's a really obvious place to look, but ebay is still a great place to find decent cardio equipment.

I bought a reccumbent bike from there over the christmas period for less than 1/4 of it's RRP, and looking at the price of some cross trainers too, I'd say there's alot of money to be saved on those aswell.

srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I stumbled across it in my search for for more information on the 5.17i. I saw on slickdeals that Amazon has the Precor EFX 5.17i Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L5TL30/...SIN=B001L5TL30) for $1999. It's still a bit much for me, I'd like to stay around a grand or maybe a little more, but this is nicely reviewed.

Originally Posted by Vugger View Post
    ...I would definitely check out the precor ellipticals. The 5.17i has similar options as well and its about $2300. I did not get that one because I weigh 255lbs. and the 5.21i is a little beefier. Also, the 5.21i has the cardio option included and I use it every time I am on that thing. Like I said, you will find cheaper ones, but from what I have seen, do not compare. I am going to do a review soon in the workout section.
    So other than support for the larger size (I myself am 168lbs and wife is a lot lighter - so I'd be ok with the 5.17?), could you tell me more about the cardio option?

If this really is the best in the "lower" price range (since the good ones it seems are in the many thousands), I might have to just get this. But if I can just as good if not better for less, I would like to.

Originally Posted by FrankNBeans View Post
    Best deal on an Elliptical you are going to get is if you have an MC sports near you. They have the True FD 3.0 for $1000 there. You will not find a better bargain on a quality elliptical anywhere. It doesn't have some of the fancy features of the $3000 to $4000 ellipticals but it is a really nice elliptical for the money.
    What is the True FD? i'm not familiar with it
    Laurel, MD (Baltimore/Washington DC area)

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by srizvi1 View Post
    Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I stumbled across it in my search for for more information on the 5.17i. I saw on slickdeals that Amazon has the Precor EFX 5.17i Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L5TL30/...SIN=B001L5TL30) for $1999. It's still a bit much for me, I'd like to stay around a grand or maybe a little more, but this is nicely reviewed.

So other than support for the larger size (I myself am 168lbs and wife is a lot lighter - so I'd be ok with the 5.17?), could you tell me more about the cardio option?

If this really is the best in the "lower" price range (since the good ones it seems are in the many thousands), I might have to just get this. But if I can just as good if not better for less, I would like to.

What is the True FD? i'm not familiar with it
    it does not exsit. this is an old thread and the FD where a fail by true that where dumped into the low end market severa yrs ago
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

DieselDan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselDan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselDan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselDan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselDan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by press man View Post
    I have a nautilus NE 2000 that I have had for 2 years. I absolutely love it and the price was about $1800 on sale. Seeing as that model has been around for some time, you may be able to find it cheaper. It still lists for $2400. New Precor was out of my price range.

The Nautilus is very stable and I use it daily. I tried the home versions of the Life Fitness machines and they are terrible. Not like the gym at all. The Nautilus mimmicks the machines I was used to at the gym in my opinion.

That being said, the main advantage of the Precor is that you can increase and decrease the incline. That is something Precor's have that no one else does. Most others will just increase and decrease resistance. Most Precor models don't have the moving arm handles, but most people will tell you they are useless anyway. I don't use them to be honest.

Whatever you do, don't go cheap. You will be happier and the equipment will last longer if you invest wisely.

BTW, first post!
    I have the NE3000 but Nautilus is having money issues, so unless you buy direct your not going to find one. Most stores offer payment plans, and you can talk the price down quite a bit. A little tip too, if you like life fitness then find a diamondback 1190. They are the same as the life x1 and they retail for $2000 and you can get it I'm sure for around 1699 if not cheeper. As for the precor if you can spend a little extra then do so and you'll be very happy. Get the 5.21 or the 5.25. One has arms the other doesnt.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieselDan83 View Post
    I have the NE3000 but Nautilus is having money issues, so unless you buy direct your not going to find one. Most stores offer payment plans, and you can talk the price down quite a bit. A little tip too, if you like life fitness then find a diamondback 1190. They are the same as the life x1 and they retail for $2000 and you can get it I'm sure for around 1699 if not cheeper. As for the precor if you can spend a little extra then do so and you'll be very happy. Get the 5.21 or the 5.25. One has arms the other doesnt.
    you do realize that is a 2 1/2 yr old post right? lol
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srizvi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    it does not exsit. this is an old thread and the FD where a fail by true that where dumped into the low end market severa yrs ago
    Thanks for chiming in kelt_22, I just thought I'd ask
    Laurel, MD (Baltimore/Washington DC area)