nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000)

All Pro's routine.......

Ok i understand progression. Either more weight or more reps every time you lift so that each time you get better, etc etc

A lot of people have suggested me using All PRos routine, which looks fine...but it seems it might progress to slowly???

Only every 5 week do you move up the weight for 5 lbs??

Since im pretty new, i find some weeks i can slap on 10lb a week and move up while staying in the same rep range..

so could someone explain this to me?? also is this for more size or strength??

thanks!

Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shaderer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made this mistake too last time. His routine is more for the advanced beginners.. not the ones entirely new to lifting. Try Rippetoe's Starting Strength instead before proceeding to all pro's.

nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000) nathangreen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well im not a complete beginner(bout 6months), just pretty new. I just eat a ton and try and sleep well so thats helped my numbers to keep going up.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Progression isn't always about adding weight to the bar.

increase in work density
    increase in sets
    increase in reps
    increase in weight

All can be used in progression models.
    *No Crew*

the only thing that progresses though is 1 rep per set each week...thats it...idk seem slow, but i might give it a try..

Anyone have any personal results with it??

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    the only thing that progresses though is 1 rep per set each week...thats it...idk seem slow, but i might give it a try..

Anyone have any personal results with it??
    I don't have personal experience with AllPro's routine, but I can assure you that it will work as advertised if you follow it as written. It's a "size" program, although you'll also get stronger as you progress.

It may seem, at first, that progress is slow. You won't think so after you've been on the program for a while though, and you're continuously adding weight and/or reps (and muscle mass, if you're eating and resting adequately), while others at your same level, training with hit-or-miss "routines" are bungling around, getting nowhere.

Take another look at TexAss's post. He's spot-on.

And disregard the comment about "advanced" beginners.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Nathangreen, so how do you find allpro's routine now since you started it 3 years ago?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

All Pro's routine.......

Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    Ok i understand progression. Either more weight or more reps every time you lift so that each time you get better, etc etc

A lot of people have suggested me using All PRos routine, which looks fine...but it seems it might progress to slowly???

Only every 5 week do you move up the weight for 5 lbs??
    You got that ALL WRONG.

In All Pro's you increase the weight around 10% at the start of every five week mesocycle. So your progress for squat or stiff leg dead should look something like:

if you can keep it up for a year(10 cycles). If you can, you keep going. You are looking at a 365lb squat and SLD for your next cycle, four plates(405) is just around the corner.

Even if you had to start with only 95lbs, you'd be at two plates, ie 225 x 8-12 for your last cycle, and your 1RM would be approaching three plates(315lbs). And you'd keep going so long as you eat enough to sustain progress.

Hint, if you don't eat enough to sustain gains, you won't get to pulling and squatting three plates for lots of reps.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).