daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000)

Protein Shake with 80mg cholesterol?

Hi guys, i bought a protein shake with 80mg of cholestrol, and im wondering if this is fine? Im 18 years old, 6'0 and 136. I talked to a lady that workes at the health store at a mall near me and she said what i have is a 'gainer', which makes u gain weight and build muscle. This is exactly what im trying to do, so is what im using fine? the cholesterol isnt a problem is it? or should i use something with lower cholesterol?

btw, the nuitrition facts of my protein shake are 80mg of cholestrol, 2g of fat,1g saturated, 140 calories, i think 1g of sugar, 190mg of sodium,320mg of potassium, 1g of fibre and 25% of ur calcium daily value.

its called 'Pure protein 100% whey ', that i got from walmart

daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000)
    bumpppppppppp

upppppppppppppppppppppppppp

ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well first off thats not a "gainer" shake thats just a protein supplement, but to answer your question theres nothing wrong with the cholesterol. At your heigh/weight you just need to eat to gain, all a weight gainer shake is is liquid calories.

lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    umm... i eat about 6 eggs a day, which is 1280 mg of cholesterol and i'm fine. cholesterol is needed by your cell, so if you ingest some your body uses it all up. what you should be worried about, is carbs/sugar in your diet.
    Disclaimer: The post above is about 3.50% srs

Poverty Meal Crew
    Already dripping precum Crew

🌲 I acknowledge that this comment was posted using app hosted in a server located in indigenous land of The Métis (1745) & The Algonquin (1886), 🌲

Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cholesterol is needed for life, Most of the cholesterol in your body is made by your body.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by daghetto View Post
    Hi guys, i bought a protein shake with 80mg of cholestrol, and im wondering if this is fine? Im 18 years old, 6'0 and 136. I talked to a lady that workes at the health store at a mall near me and she said what i have is a 'gainer', which makes u gain weight and build muscle. This is exactly what im trying to do, so is what im using fine? the cholesterol isnt a problem is it? or should i use something with lower cholesterol?

btw, the nuitrition facts of my protein shake are 80mg of cholestrol, 2g of fat,1g saturated, 140 calories, i think 1g of sugar, 190mg of sodium,320mg of potassium, 1g of fibre and 25% of ur calcium daily value.

its called 'Pure protein 100% whey ', that i got from walmart
    Protein with cholesterol that high is junk. You can bet your life on it containing a lot of oxidized cholesterol since they churn this stuff out like a puppy mill does puppies.

^thanks so much for the help guys!im pumped to drink this **** now after workouts!!

thanks!

and yeah, i eat 1 egg in the morning, i didnt know it had 200mg of cholesterol :O!

lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lnvictus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^thanks so much for the help guys!im pumped to drink this **** now after workouts!!

thanks!

and yeah, i eat 1 egg in the morning, i didnt know it had 200mg of cholesterol :O!
    better believe it brother. people stay away from eggs for this very reason. i see my dad eating eggs without the yolk (which contains most of the cholesterol), and i chuckle to myself. because cholesterol would only be bad if you combined it with carbs and cholesterol in eggs help you grow in the gym (no homo).

as for your protein shake content, it's highly possible that it contains artificial cholesterol (not from natural sources such as eggs etc.), which is bad for you if you use it on the long run. it's no biggie though for now, but make sure to buy proteins with low cholesterol content in the future.

Poverty Meal Crew

🌲 I acknowledge that this comment was posted using app hosted in a server located in indigenous land of The Métis (1745) & The Algonquin (1886), 🌲

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hell_crusher View Post
    Because cholesterol would only be bad if you combined it with carbs.
    What?

as for your protein shake content, it's highly possible that it contains artificial cholesterol (not from natural sources such as eggs etc.), w

what is artificial cholesterol?
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    What?
    read the keto section. usually if you combine cholesterol rich food with carbohydrate, you lipid profile go off the charts in a bad way. but if you eat cholesterol rich food (eggs) with little/no carbs for extended periods, you have a healthy lipid profile. see below.

References-
    Mutungi, G.,Ratliff, J., Puglisi, M.,Torres-Gonzalez, M., Vaishnav, U.,Leite, O. J.,Quann, E.,Volek, S. J.,Fernandez, M.L. (2008) Dietary Cholesterol from Eggs Increases Plasma HDL Cholesterol in Overweight Men Consuming a Carbohydrate-Restricted Diet.
    The Journal of Nutrition.
    138 (2), 272.

what is artificial cholesterol?
    i meant not chemically touched, going through chemicals. for example- from natural sources to going through chemical torture in the factories.
    Attached Images

Poverty Meal Crew

severrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just stay away from fried foods, and really fatty foods.

Oxycholesterol is the REALLY bad cholesterol, it's made by cooking fat at a very high temprature. oxygen gets infused with the LDL cholesterol, turning it into oxycholesterol which is the one you wanna watch out for. If you are really worried about it, go to the doctor and ask to get a blood test done to check your current cholesterol. (only cost me like $40 to do this) then in about 8 weeks go and have it checked again.

scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol your evidence on cholesterol levels regarding carbs/cholesterol is from a study using OVERWEIGHT men. considering your probably in pretty good health, more towards a athlete than a overweight man, kinda useless isnt it.

just like how people say 60% of our body heat is lost through our heads... that research was actually conducted on army soldiers which were fully geared up, go figure through the only place not clothed...you wear a beany ill wear a track-suit we see who wins

deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i eat 10-12 whole eggs a day and the military doctors say my cholesterol is fine... cholesterol is one compound away from being active testosterone in your body so eat alot of eggs and deadlift really heavy youll be fine

alright guys so heres what i did. i stopped easting my fried egg in the morning and now eat scrambled egg without the yolk, which has 0 cholesterol and 7g of protein. now i cudnt care less at all about the shakes cholesterol cause its still not even close to how much i used to have!(210mg of cholesterol in an egg)

brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    6'0 136.

If your trying to gain muscle, please eat the yolk and add 5 more whole eggs. Maybe 2 peices of toast, with a side of bacon as well? No hate man, but you need to a lot more than one egg scrambled without the yolk for a meal.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    umm... i eat about 6 eggs a day, which is 1280 mg of cholesterol and i'm fine. cholesterol is needed by your cell, so if you ingest some your body uses it all up. what you should be worried about, is carbs/sugar in your diet.
    thats not true

your body produces all the cholesterol it needs by itself. extra cholesterol does not = good thing, and your body does not use all of it.
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

alright guys so heres what i did. i stopped easting my fried egg in the morning and now eat scrambled egg without the yolk, which has 0 cholesterol and 7g of protein. now i cudnt care less at all about the shakes cholesterol cause its still not even close to how much i used to have!(210mg of cholesterol in an egg)
    haha...ok so that means that you still think that natural cholesterol from eggs are as a bad thing. i don't blame you though. we've been taught by our parents, our family doctors and most importantly the media that cholesterol is bad for your heart. i mean, you turn on the tv and you are bombarded with food commercials claiming they have low cholesterol on their products and that is the reason you should buy their product. i used to think like that. i've joined this forum around 2003 and it's not until beginning of this year(2009) that i've discovered the truth.

the truth is - people who got big using the principles and knowledge that goes against what their grade 12 excercise science books had taught them, will not let you in those secrets. they will only slyly smile at you when you are discussing how you threw away the egg yolk, which contains 90% of the nutrients of the eggs, and they will then proceed to doing 400 lbs squats like they were doing. it's not because they hate your guts, but because they know better to try to convert a human mind, which operates on cold hard logic.

you are still a grasshopper, you are still young and just recently joined this forum, so i will not try to impose anything on you. but ask yourself the following questions seriously and take the answers as hints-

1) what did our ancestors eat on a daily basis? what did they leave out (didn't eat)??
    2) did they care about cholesterol contents of mammoth meats??
    3) did they die of heart attack, or they were killed other predators while they were hunting?
    4) were they muscular and strong??
    5) french people eat a lot of food with cholesterol and fats in it (croissant, butter, cheese etc.), why do they have the lowest rate of death initiated by heart problems??

good luck on your journey.

Poverty Meal Crew

Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    thats not true

your body produces all the cholesterol it needs by itself. extra cholesterol does not = good thing, and your body does not use all of it.
    that may be so, but i don't eat my food solely for it's cholesterol content . i eat food packed with fats, and cholesterol comes in as a packaged deal. i am aware that your body simply fills in the difference of cholesterol when daily cholesterol intake is not met (by our liver??). so logically i think that if you are getting enough dietary cholesterol, bodily organs will have to work that much less to fill in the difference for daily cholesterol intake.

Poverty Meal Crew

brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100) brainyLai is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    haha...ok so that means that you still think that natural cholesterol from eggs are as a bad thing. i don't blame you though. we've been taught by our parents, our family doctors and most importantly the media that cholesterol is bad for your heart. i mean, you turn on the tv and you are bombarded with food commercials claiming they have low cholesterol on their products and that is the reason you should buy their product. i used to think like that. i've joined this forum around 2003 and it's not until beginning of this year(2009) that i've discovered the truth.

the truth is - people who got big using the principles and knowledge that goes against what their grade 12 excercise science books had taught them, will not let you in those secrets. they will only slyly smile at you when you are discussing how you threw away the egg yolk, which contains 90% of the nutrients of the eggs, and they will then proceed to doing 400 lbs squats like they were doing. it's not because they hate your guts, but because they know better to try to convert a human mind, which operates on cold hard logic.

you are still a grasshopper, you are still young and just recently joined this forum, so i will not try to impose anything on you. but ask yourself the following questions seriously and take the answers as hints-

1) what did our ancestors eat on a daily basis? what did they leave out (didn't eat)??
    3) did they die of heart attack, or they were killed other predators while they were hunting?
    5) french people eat a lot of food with cholesterol and fats in it (croissant, butter, cheese etc.), why do they have the lowest rate of death initiated by heart problems??

good luck on your journey.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! This is like you're trying to discredit every single researchers and doctors by telling everyone eating huge amount of LDL content food is good for you. Let me help you answer all this questions.

MEAT! MEAT! AND LOTS OF MEAT! Because of that, they didn't tend to live long though(average live expectantcy 50+). What did they didn't eat? answer: a healthcare book?

yes......well, at least for those highly educated ones.......

BOTH!

YES! They need those muscle for hunting and fighting, while in this era, our muscle is more fine tune to use a mouse and a keyboard.

Yes they do eat a lot! BUT! What you fail to mention is, they also tend to drink ALOT of red wine! Which! by the way contains a lot of Antioxidant and other substance that negate the effect of cholesterol being digest into our body.

**Dude, lets be fair, each and everyone of us are different by our genetic makeup. The best Choice we have is to DO A BLOOD TEST and then VISIT A DOCTOR for advice, before going crazy on your "meat" consumtion. You might kill someone by giving this half-wit advice to them.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brainyLai View Post
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

blah blah blah I bump epic threads
    For the love of god CHECK THREAD DATES
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321