thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Maintaining weight or strength levels during 3 month training

This summer I will be off for 3 months of training with the military and will not be home. I doubt I will have access to a gym and must retain as much strength and my weight if at all possible.

What can I do?

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thekrown View Post
    This summer I will be off for 3 months of training with the military and will not be home. I doubt I will have access to a gym and must retain as much strength and my weight if at all possible.

What can I do?
    Eat enough food to maintain your weight.
    *No Crew*

Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For what reasons are you going off? Basic training/boot camp, osc... ?

If its any of the above, don't worry about it. Odds are youll be put through lots of physical and mental stress which will reak havok on your strength and the muscle you currently have. You don't get a choice in what you eat or how much of it you eat, how much sleep, and usually your own phsycial training. Odds are you wont have the evergy to do your own thing. So if this is the case, forget whatever you have now, focus on the tasks you'll be facing over the summer. Once your back you can work on building back up the strength and mass.

If its something other than bootcamp and you have no gym, eat healthy, work on body weight movements - lunges, push ups, dips, sit ups, bodyweight squats, pull ups, etc.

trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do intense HIIT(low volume), it's magical!

Though you might lose a wee bit of weight(fat), you could very well gain it back in muscle

thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) thekrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
    For what reasons are you going off? Basic training/boot camp, osc... ?

If its any of the above, don't worry about it. Odds are youll be put through lots of physical and mental stress which will reak havok on your strength and the muscle you currently have. You don't get a choice in what you eat or how much of it you eat, how much sleep, and usually your own phsycial training. Odds are you wont have the evergy to do your own thing. So if this is the case, forget whatever you have now, focus on the tasks you'll be facing over the summer. Once your back you can work on building back up the strength and mass.

If its something other than bootcamp and you have no gym, eat healthy, work on body weight movements - lunges, push ups, dips, sit ups, bodyweight squats, pull ups, etc.
    This past summer I left for basic, however my unit is looking for officers. Since I'm in university I was thinking of making the switch from currently non-commissioned to officer. I lost about 10lbs of weight this summer, during basic, and didn't go to the gym once the entire time or do extra training.

I don't find it that bad, but my strength suffered big time. It took me two months to get my lifts back up except for my dead lift. My bent-over row is actually better and my pull-ups and dips are 2x as good. Push ups are 3x as good hehe.

Anyway, this summer I'd like to minimize the losses even further. Is eating a lot of food all I can do? What about carbs vs protein? Carbs is very very important since I spend a lot of energy but I hear protein will help with muscle retaining.
    Last edited by thekrown; 11-28-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000) Rich89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in the same boat kind of. I broke two fingers badly a month ago so I haven't been able to work upper body at all. I had surgery on thursday and the doctor predicts it'll be aother 2 months atleast before I'm healed.

To op - Just keep your diet in check, and when you do get back into it you should be where you were in no time. Bro science would say 3 months out = 3 months of training to get back where you were, who knows though. Just focus on your life goal, do some bodyweight exercises and cardio if you can.