Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hand Wrist & Forearm Training

Here are a couple of my routines for Hand/Wrist/ and Forearms

[B]Grip & Forearm Training is one of my favorite Workouts...You have to be careful and really listen to your body as the muscles and tendons involved are extrememly small and can be overtrained very easily. These two workouts have been extremely successful for me over the past couple years;
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #1
    Side Levers (3" thick PVC Pipe with weight fitted at 1 side) or a sledgehammer

3 Sets 12 Reps

Front Levers

3 Sets 12 Reps

Plate Wrist Curls (Try using 2 plates flush side out for the width)

3 Sets 10-12 Reps

Reverse Curls (Thumbs out)
    Side Hammers (Thumbs out)
    Front Hammers
    Standing barbell wrist curls in front
    Reverse Wrist Curls

^^^3 Sets 6-8 Reps^^^
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #2
    (1 1/4" thick Rope, 10' long, hooked to a pulley at lowest level with you seated on the floor, 10' back from the pully) Work the rope in slowly and back slowly raising and lowering the stack of weights...never letting the weights touch...

Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms down
    Rope Pulls elbows touching, palms facing each other
    Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms up

5 Sets x 5 Reps

This would be considered elbows out, palms up

Plate Pinch (Use Min 3 plates for the width)

Plate Toss
    DB Toss (Silver DB's standing on end)

^^^Super Set these two running 4 sets 15 reps each hand^^^

Rope Pull-Ups or Towel Pull-ups

3 Sets 10 Reps

Every so often I will throw in Captain of Crush Grippers, maybe once every 10 days..

Slow and controled Reps...you are not trying to get 100 reps from any grippers...this will result in an injury...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

You can effectively hit the forearms by training hands and wrist also. I find that is the only way to strengthen and grow the entire forearm...Ensure to only train hand and wrist once every 4 days to begin with until you can handle it or you will find yourself overtraining...I directly and indirectly train my forearms everyday...Using ropes is an ideal way of tackling all of these areas with great results especially your grip strength

MY NEW FAVORITE FOREARM EXERCISE

Standing Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls

Grab a rolling thunder,

Hook it to a cable machine with the stack at the top...pull the rolling thunder down into your chest and hold your elbow steady with your opposite hand...now proceed with your wrist curls

Some grip training you can do at home

1. Fill a bucket full of sand...put 1 hand in and turn the sand in a clockwise fasion, then reverse....

2. Take two towels in the bathtub and soak them...then wring them both out at the same time working from top to bottom.

3. Steak Knife Push-ups...place two chairs in front of you which of rounded legs (not squared) get into the push up position with the two chairs side by side in front of you....(so you can grab the two outter legs with your hands)...place your hands on the outer legs roughly 6" up from the ground....begin your push-ups...(THESE ARE EXTREMEMLY HARD)

4. Flat board chin-ups, If you have stairs in your house, hang off the floor the is above the stairwell opeing with your fingers straight out for pullups

5. Hang a rope from a tree in your back yard, if no trees, use your patio...try climbing rope for sets...

6. By a small peice of a plank used on staging at the hardware store...start using a screwdriver and some screws and turn the screws in to the board and out for sets....

7. Sledgehammer lever lifts...using a sledge, place your arm on your leg and rotate the head of the hammer from one side to the other SLOWLY for each hand...the farther out the head, the more tension on your hand and wrist..I stress the word SLOWLY
    These should work fine without any equipment
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you do not believe these exercises work, here are mine at 130lbs with the above workouts;

My Training Journal -

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So what do you do with the plate pinch, just hold it? I'm not clear on that. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
    So what do you do with the plate pinch, just hold it? I'm not clear on that. Thanks in advance!
    Place your plates together, flush side out for time. The wider the better. So if you can do a 20lb lift, dont do 2x10lb plates, do 4x5lb plates. The width is what really attacks the forearm...

My Training Journal -

bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000)
    looks good...but need details on how to do them...for instance towel pull up...you are showing picture of guy holding towel but how to do it?..would be more helpful if you post start and end ..not just guy holding towel ...same goes for other exercise...but definitely damn good forearm you've got!

Originally Posted by harisharma50 View Post
    looks good...but need details on how to do them...for instance towel pull up...you are showing picture of guy holding towel but how to do it?..would be more helpful if you post start and end ..not just guy holding towel ...same goes for other exercise...but definitely damn good forearm you've got!
    you are only allowed so many pictures per post. So i figured, Pull-ups would have been a kep word. Obviously you use the towel instead of the bar, and then, do a pull-up using the towels.

I would have posted more pics but like I said, was restricted by the site...

My Training Journal -

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good info.

BTW got a link for arm wrestling for dummies? Like for an amateur to win against your buddies?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

Originally Posted by RemainDieHard View Post
    Good info.

BTW got a link for arm wrestling for dummies? Like for an amateur to win against your buddies?
    Do I ever...Heres the Article I wrote on Armwrestling including tonnes of tips for begginers and experts...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116930351

My Training Journal -

bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    you are only allowed so many pictures per post. So i figured, Pull-ups would have been a kep word. Obviously you use the towel instead of the bar, and then, do a pull-up using the towels.

I would have posted more pics but like I said, was restricted by the site...
    aahh..I hear ya..damnit moderator! lolz

How about videos?.. just record video of you working out and do all those exercise ...I would really love to do those exercise since I've been focusing on forearm now...but would need more details atleast video would be very helpful!

aahh..I hear ya..damnit moderator! lolz

How about videos?.. just record video of you working out and do all those exercise ...I would really love to do those exercise since I've been focusing on forearm now...but would need more details atleast video would be very helpful!
    I will certainly try my best. In the mean time, if you have any questions, please ask and I will gladly get back to you

My Training Journal -

New video of Steak Knife Push-ups. I wasnt able to do this exercise until Super Cissus Rx healed a serious tendon injury in 2005...

My Training Journal -

andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrewsok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the forearm excersize actually works good for me. thanks

Originally Posted by andrewsok View Post
    the forearm excersize actually works good for me. thanks
    awesome to hear man..

My Training Journal -

aaahhh man...can't tell you how bad I wannna try those towel pull ups.....does anybody know how to do em at home without that rack..I don't wanna try this at gym since I know for sure everyone will start staring at me lol

aaahhh man...can't tell you how bad I wannna try those towel pull ups.....does anybody know how to do em at home without that rack..I don't wanna try this at gym since I know for sure everyone will start staring at me lol

if you have a stair case at your house you could wrap the towels around a bunch of spindles, or outside off of your deck, or even out in a tree...

My Training Journal -

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just wanted to show my support for this thread. Forearm training is awesome and I have incorporated some of these exercises into my routine. Armbender do you think you could take a hanging relaxed picture of your forearm? I'm just curious to see how it looks.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

Originally Posted by bigdan View Post
    just wanted to show my support for this thread. Forearm training is awesome and I have incorporated some of these exercises into my routine. Armbender do you think you could take a hanging relaxed picture of your forearm? I'm just curious to see how it looks.
    ill see what I can do for ya....might be able to find something...

My Training Journal -

m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    armbender i think you got the best forearms on this site

Originally Posted by m101 View Post
    armbender i think you got the best forearms on this site
    your def gettin some reps for that!...lol..

thanks man...

My Training Journal -

eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried the plate pinch last week, WOO what a burn that was. Gave me a great feeling and burn. Thanks for the tip.

xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice workouts man I'll definitely try them out, you got some monstrous forearms haha especially for your weight
    R.I.P Andy Irons
    ///on the road to the UFC///

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=635222653#post635222653
    - APP NUTS HGH UP/ FREE TEST SPONSERED LOG

Originally Posted by eelsemaj View Post
    I tried the plate pinch last week, WOO what a burn that was. Gave me a great feeling and burn. Thanks for the tip.
    awesome to hear...glad you like them

Originally Posted by daniel.ige View Post
    Nice workouts man I'll definitely try them out, you got some monstrous forearms haha especially for your weight
    thanks man!

My Training Journal -

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you close to closing COC #3?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

Originally Posted by RemainDieHard View Post
    Are you close to closing COC #3?
    Not even close. Lol. I haven't even closed the #2.5's yet.

My Training Journal -

Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    if you have a stair case at your house you could wrap the towels around a bunch of spindles, or outside off of your deck, or even out in a tree...
    damn creative...thanks for that idea brah..

that push up video is sweet...I'll try that...how much weight do you use btw?

Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wish I saw this today, I trained forearms, and All i did was variations of wrist curls, repped.
    BCABBA Amateur Bodybuilder

damn creative...thanks for that idea brah..

that push up video is sweet...I'll try that...how much weight do you use btw?
    no problem man...how much weight for what?

Originally Posted by Razorback666 View Post
    Wish I saw this today, I trained forearms, and All i did was variations of wrist curls, repped.
    thanks...good luck incorporating some of these into your routine

My Training Journal -

thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Was at the gym today thinking to myself "man..I need to train my forearms.." and saw this thread when I got home. Thanks man, going to try these tomorrow.
    It's easier to be lazy than happy

I Rep in return

MMMC

VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just went through a few sets of towel chinups...

holy **** my hands hurt. Good stuff!

Originally Posted by VAnick View Post
    I just went through a few sets of towel chinups...

holy **** my hands hurt. Good stuff!
    Awesome! I really like those too

My Training Journal -