Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hardrlz View Post
    Hi , i would like to ask something about this statement "A good idea for a post workout meal, which is 30 minutes to 1 hour after you have your shake, is some simple sugars." isnt it better to first drink the simple carbohydrates to replenish the glycogen levels in your muscles and after lets say 20 minutes drink your whey shake , wouldn`t a protein shake immediately after the workout be wasted and used for energy rather than building muscle tissue ?
    No it wouldn't be wasted. Just drink the Whey and the simple sugars together in a shake right after as soon as possible when you get back from the gym.
    --**Strong ass Jew crew**--

Rising AAS guru.

Tabobo16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great guide. Good job

Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Greepz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm going to save all this !

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Greepz View Post
    I'm going to save all this !
    I'll be honest and tell you that there are much better sources of information on this site. This thread is quite iffy.

EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SeanP35 View Post
    I'll be honest and tell you that there are much better sources of information on this site. This thread is quite iffy.
    For a breif guide, it looks pretty solid to me.

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EricG71 View Post
    For a breif guide, it looks pretty solid to me.
    It looks like it was edited, so I suppose it's decent now. There were many issues with it previously.

Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talbott92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Caffeine in preworkout drinks

Originally Posted by kbismadkool View Post
    what so bad about pre workout drinks?
    More than 200mgs a day of caffeine can produce excess cortisol which will fight the testosterone trying to get in your muscle cells and this will prevent the rebuilding of muscle fibers so you get no gains

Originally Posted by Talbott92 View Post
    More than 200mgs a day of caffeine can produce excess cortisol which will fight the testosterone trying to get in your muscle cells and this will prevent the rebuilding of muscle fibers so you get no gains
    I'm leaving you in the red for the duration of your stay.

Hutchy56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hutchy56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kbismadkool View Post
    what so bad about pre workout drinks?
    they're unnecessary for a teenager because usuallyi a teen can get through a workout easily without them. They arent bad but chances are you'll get the same gains with them as you'll get without them.

Originally Posted by Hutchy56 View Post
    they're unnecessary for a teenager because usuallyi a teen can get through a workout easily without them. They arent bad but chances are you'll get the same gains with them as you'll get without them.
    Like I ask everybody else - what makes a 25 year old need a supplement more than a 17 year old?

Pre-workout supplements rarely ever cause you to make better gains - that's not the point of them.

hoopboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 6'4'' basketball player who's trying to play D1 but needs to gain 10 lbs, HELP

Hey I'm a senior in high school and play basketball. I'm a 6'4" shooting guard and have gotten many scholarship offers, but some of the coaches concerns are that I'm not big enough. I consistantly weigh in at 195lbs but they want me closer to 205-215 to play D1. I have tried taking Mass XXX and cytogainer for the past 2 years but still cant seem to gain weight. I lift 5 times a week with a trainer and have practice 4 times a week which is a lot of cardio. I'm eating about 4 well sized meals a day along with 3 protein shakes-morning, post workout, and before bed. I have tried super pump and Size-On as well with the protein.

I've done a lot of research and even talked to some supplement store owners, but they havent helped much with helping me find a supplement that will put weight/muscle on.

PLEASE, if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
    Thanks

ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000) ZionNYC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hoopboy23 View Post
    Hey I'm a senior in high school and play basketball. I'm a 6'4" shooting guard and have gotten many scholarship offers, but some of the coaches concerns are that I'm not big enough. I consistantly weigh in at 195lbs but they want me closer to 205-215 to play D1. I have tried taking Mass XXX and cytogainer for the past 2 years but still cant seem to gain weight. I lift 5 times a week with a trainer and have practice 4 times a week which is a lot of cardio. I'm eating about 4 well sized meals a day along with 3 protein shakes-morning, post workout, and before bed. I have tried super pump and Size-On as well with the protein.

I've done a lot of research and even talked to some supplement store owners, but they havent helped much with helping me find a supplement that will put weight/muscle on.

PLEASE, if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
    Thanks
    Obviously you are doing a bunch of cardio plus your metabolism is fast enough to burn the calories and use them for energy. The only answer to amounts of cardio and practicing like this is simple more food. It seems like your plan is very solid so I don't know why you aren't still gaining weight. By the way .5 pound to 1 pound gain in a week is very good so if you're gaining with that rate you shouldn't change anything. What you could do is:

A) Keep supplementing with Creatine supplements such as Size On and Superpump.
    B) Keep having four well sized meals a day.
    C) Replace your morning and before bed protein shakes with weight gainer shakes using supplements such as Cytogainer or MassXXX or whatever.
    D) Wake up in the middle of the night and have a protein shake.

Example:

Morning: Weight gainer shake and a good sized meal such as eggs and toast.
    Before Noon: Balanced quick meal.
    Afternoon: Big meal.
    Before Workout: Pre workout supplement such as Superpump and a plate of fruits.
    Middle of your Workout: Size On or other supplements like it.
    After Workout: Protein shake and a full cup of oats with a plate of fruits.
    Evening: Huge Meal.
    Before Bed: Weight gainer shake.
    Middle of the Night: Protein shake with a full cups of oats.

Rising AAS guru.

mrkx6533 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good thread with some useful info

bodyken710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lookin great man!!! i guess u dont want people knowing your stats but you're already pretty dang lean! go get it!

Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Question: Do you have to lose fat before you gain or can you just gain muscle and the fat will go as you gain? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I have no idea.

NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vampiwolf View Post
    Question: Do you have to lose fat before you gain or can you just gain muscle and the fat will go as you gain? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I have no idea.
    You can't transform fat into muscle if that's what you meant.

You can gain muscle while being fat
    You can gain fat while being muscular
    You can loose fat while gaining muscle

All depends on training/diet
    ★☆★★☆ tmiscplace2 crew ★☆★★☆
    Always pick 4 crew
    ☆★★☆ BELGIUM WILL CRUSH USA 1/07/2014 NEVER FORGET ☆★★☆

2k+

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vampiwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by NeoginCF View Post
    You can't transform fat into muscle if that's what you meant.

You can gain muscle while being fat
    You can gain fat while being muscular
    You can loose fat while gaining muscle

All depends on training/diet
    Ah, that is not what I mean but you did answer my question. Thank you.

However, if I may, I have another question, is it better to lose fat then gain or to just lose whilst gaining? Which is easier? Which is the faster way to get gains? Or is it about the same length of time?

NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah, that is not what I mean but you did answer my question. Thank you.

However, if I may, I have another question, is it better to lose fat then gain or to just lose whilst gaining? Which is easier? Which is the faster way to get gains? Or is it about the same length of time?
    Easiest is bulk (gaining muscle+a bit of fat) and cut (loosing that extra fat) method

But if you can stick with a diet you might want to look into a carb cycling type of diet. It's harder but better (in my opinion)
    Always pick 4 crew

2k+

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Originally Posted by NeoginCF View Post
    Easiest is bulk (gaining muscle+a bit of fat) and cut (loosing that extra fat) method

But if you can stick with a diet you might want to look into a carb cycling type of diet. It's harder but better (in my opinion)
    Well that seems right for me then. I'm not obese or anything but I think I have enough weight in fat, just need the muscle then I can cut. Thanks a lot for your help.

Well that seems right for me then. I'm not obese or anything but I think I have enough weight in fat, just need the muscle then I can cut. Thanks a lot for your help.
    Your welcome and good luck

Check your pm
    Always pick 4 crew

2k+

Antmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard eating eggs with the shell is actually good for you...true?
    “As long as I can remember I feel I have had this great creative and spiritual force within me that is greater than faith, greater than ambition, greater than confidence, greater than determination, greater than vision. It is all these combined. My brain becomes magnetized with this dominating force which I hold in my hand.”
    -Bruce Lee

rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that way a lot need to do it

but can use it and this is good info

thank man
    Want to Know How Can You Lose Weight In 2010?http://howtolosestubbornbellyfatfast.blogspot.com/

xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know a person's physique is not an accurate indication of their knowledge, but this guy doesn't even have a picture. I don't understand how you guys listen to OP. taking advice from a faceless person would not sit well with me.

Haroonn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    YOU said drink 4 liters of water a day

The water you put inside a protien shake, green tea etc?
    does that count?

Originally Posted by Haroonn View Post
    YOU said drink 4 liters of water a day

The water you put inside a protien shake, green tea etc?
    does that count?
    Yes.

tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tahiry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ZionNYC View Post
    Good ****.
    seems little for me also

Kp006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome. I'm going to be using this thread and fitday.com frequently.
    Thanks!

Pre Workout is actually working great. I usually drink some caffeine or have a Monster or other pre workout before Squats or other intense workouts.

I would suggest that people who want advice actually ask it in this thread and we'll answer your questions.

Stimulants are the **** bro.

Rising AAS guru.

ilkhom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

Registered User EatMarkers4lunch's Avatar
    EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I heard you suppose to eat low GI foods meal after workout. Not fruits if you want i can find some sources but high gi food after workouts just turn to fat like fruits. Eat fruits before workout to give you energy but eat low GI foods like whole wheat pasta, bread as long with some meat.
    Rugby brah
    Former S&T brah
    IB in NY 2014 *hit me up if you are in NY

Dont eat for a month till ur about 130 pounds with no muscle. Go shop at ambercrombie and fitch, buy $80 shirts, $120 dollar pants, and $50 dollar thong sandles. Jell ur hair up like a pretty boy. Dress like a flaming homosexual. Have your parents buy you a bmw. And most importantly walk around like you have a dik up ur azz and talk with a lisp...You do that and you'll get more beaver than a mountain man