Geyser113 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carb up..feel terrible and hot

did my carb up after my first keto diet . Only got to 5 days without carbs and decided to carb up today instead of tomorrow bc i didnt know how my body would react and didnt want to be with family feeling terrible and anti socail since i dont see them that much. Is this normal to feel hot and have a headache and just feel terrible? ALso how long does this last and does this happen everytime you switch back?

side note: anyone notice bad diarahea while starting keto and not feeling well in the stomach?

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you def didnt get it much time.. lots of people dont even get into ketosis till the 5th day.. the bad diarahea is most likely water weight comming off.. By carbing up so early your really limiting yourself..

OK now that thats over... Carbing up and feeling bad depends on what you ate.. Lots of people dont like carbups becuase of this... Also your body was getting used to fat and you switched it... then after hollidays your gonna switch it again..Its a given your going to feel crappy again..

Why were you feeling anti social?

Since you just started and stopped.. i would def say when you start back up to wait the 14 days before you carb up again. Let your body get used to running on ketones.. BTW your gonna feel worse before thigns get better.. But it does get better
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

I didnt know it could take 5 days to go into ketosis. I just was feeling terrible the past twp days with stomach aches and the diarrhea and figured i was in ketosis and didnt like how it felt. So if i start again tomorrow by day 3/4 in ketosis do u think i will get these symptons again or is it just a first time thing?

anti-social becuase i didnt feel well, couldnt go out bc i would need a bathroom every hour.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Geyser113 View Post
    I didnt know it could take 5 days to go into ketosis. I just was feeling terrible the past twp days with stomach aches and the diarrhea and figured i was in ketosis and didnt like how it felt. So if i start again tomorrow by day 3/4 in ketosis do u think i will get these symptons again or is it just a first time thing?

anti-social becuase i didnt feel well, couldnt go out bc i would need a bathroom every hour.
    dont know.. everyone is different i would bet if your macros are ( 65 % fat 30% protein 5% carbs ) you should be fine..

One thing to keep in mind..There are a lot of side effects when entering ketosis.. Brian fog, dizzy ( not enough sodium ) lack of energy..etc... HOWEVER when these pass you will feel great with a lot of energy.. Everyone goes through this and it will pass.

Reason for the side effects-- your body is used to running of carbs and protein ( glucose ) as energy. On keto your using Ketones. These are produced by the liver. When the transistion happens your liver is switching form glucose to ketones..

Another thing.... make sure you eat your green veggies.. could be a fiber issue that was causing your stomach issue.. as in not enough fiber.. FIber does not count towards your carb count
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

thanks for the suggestions and help. I was eating 3-4 cups of broccoli a day but i am used to (before i tried keto) 5-6 a day with 2 cups of oatmeal which was a good amount of fiber. ill give it one more try and stick to the turkey and veggies tomorrow.

One quick question..i lifted legs today (dont feel sick until i eat something so went on empty stomach/workout was fine) then did the carb up. to maximize this little detour in my diet would lifting tomorrow upperbody be beneficial bc of the carbs? I was just planning on doing a litttle cardio but would upperbody be more beneficial?

Originally Posted by Geyser113 View Post
    thanks for the suggestions and help. I was eating 3-4 cups of broccoli a day but i am used to (before i tried keto) 5-6 a day with 2 cups of oatmeal which was a good amount of fiber. ill give it one more try and stick to the turkey and veggies tomorrow.

One quick question..i lifted legs today (dont feel sick until i eat something so went on empty stomach/workout was fine) then did the carb up. to maximize this little detour in my diet would lifting tomorrow upperbody be beneficial bc of the carbs? I was just planning on doing a litttle cardio but would upperbody be more beneficial?
    If your gonna go back to Keto or low carb for thanksgiving then YES,.One of the best things to do after a carb up it BOTH weights and cardio.. The cardio will rid the left over glycogen and help get you back into ketosis.. I usually carb up on sunday. and Monday is leggs and 55 min MISS cardio.. By tuesday evening i am back in ketosis..

The longer your on keto the faster it will be to return to ketosis after a carb up..

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont even feel blah when I dont do depletions then carb-up ..

i dunno
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

do you think if i try again to back in ketosis i will feel the same way (stomach problems) or was this just a first time thing?

Prolly... because you werent in ketosis very long.. like one day.. so your prolly going to have all the sides.. Just tough though it and stay on it for 14 days then carb up again.. After that the sides are less notiveable if at all