gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000)

Ulnar nerve inflammation

According to my doctor, the ulnar nerve in my left arm is inflammed- thereby causing pain in my elbow and causing some of my fingers to experience tingling/numbness. I have taken off over 5 weeks from working out while icing my elbow and taking NSAIDs. I just started taking Celebrex about 10 days ago. Even though I've given my elbow ample rest, I don't feel like its getting much better.

I plan on going back to my doctor in 3 weeks. Until then, I think I'm going to start working out again. Does this sound OK? Can my elbow still heal while I work out? Is there any way that working out will cause further damage?
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/gthorn2000/

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't do anything that causes pain. That will generally be your guide whether you can do certain exercises or not. I'd keep it on the lighter side of things though... no need to potentially make your condition worse.

I would suggest adding nerve glides as well:
    http://www.handhealthresources.com/S.../Exercises.htm

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gthorn2000 View Post
    According to my doctor, the ulnar nerve in my left arm is inflammed- thereby causing pain in my elbow and causing some of my fingers to experience tingling/numbness. I have taken off over 5 weeks from working out while icing my elbow and taking NSAIDs. I just started taking Celebrex about 10 days ago. Even though I've given my elbow ample rest, I don't feel like its getting much better.

I plan on going back to my doctor in 3 weeks. Until then, I think I'm going to start working out again. Does this sound OK? Can my elbow still heal while I work out? Is there any way that working out will cause further damage?
    you need to stretch.

1) Stand two feet away from wall
    2) heel of hand level with arm-pit and elbow slightly bend
    3) spead fingers as much as you can
    4) Adjust so that elbow points to floor
    6) maintain stance and straighten elbow if you can. ( 8s)
    You will feel the stretch. Do it everyday.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Evaluation of the neural tissue for possible points of compression i.e. neck, thoracic outlet, pec minor area and down the arm would be useful.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you might want to consider moving off the vitamin I now (your ibuprofen) and also icing.

Nice ideas about areas to work and nerve glides to try.

likewise, MOVE wherever you can without pain

so try the moves you like to do, first with no load to check if the range of motion of the move is ok. If it's not, well, reduce the range of motion to find where it is ok. Slowly load that range of motion to see what's not producing pain.

Work with that.

I'm personally not a big fan of stretching - i let the movement take care of that. It's not clear to me from practice or the literature that this is a huge plus in rehabbing and can irritate an area that's inflamed, too. Tensioning, like nerve glides, sure - that's very focused and you get immediate feedback if it's too much.

best
    mc

gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000) gthorn2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mc- View Post

likewise, MOVE wherever you can without pain

so try the moves you like to do, first with no load to check if the range of motion of the move is ok. If it's not, well, reduce the range of motion to find where it is ok. Slowly load that range of motion to see what's not producing pain.
    Alright, this is what I'm currently doing. However, its alot harder for me to notice what causes pain when I workout...that or I tend to ignore it (which has lead me to this problem in the first place!)

To people who are familiar with this condition: Are there any exercises that I should without a doubt avoid altogether until my elbows heal?
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/gthorn2000/

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    Evaluation of the neural tissue for possible points of compression i.e. neck, thoracic outlet, pec minor area and down the arm would be useful.
    x2

I had/have medial epicondyle tendinosis

but you know what...the tear/the tendinosis all cleared up as soon as my ulnar nerve was decompressed. Problem is though the nerve has moved slightly so it'll always be a bit iffy..dont get to that point.

Fresch you are the man

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright, this is what I'm currently doing. However, its alot harder for me to notice what causes pain when I workout...that or I tend to ignore it (which has lead me to this problem in the first place!)

To people who are familiar with this condition: Are there any exercises that I should without a doubt avoid altogether until my elbows heal?
    no.

you really do need to gate this yourself.

If in doubt, check the movement unweighted first, half normal load and then normal.

Really watch for pain signals.

That's all.

way to go on keeping moving.

those nerve glides can make a big difference.

mc