gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

why am i so tired

ok so im on madcows 5x5 and im in the 7th week. my lifts have been going up in the past three weeks but this week has just sucked. on monday i only got 4 reps of 170 and i should have got 5 although before i attributed this to not being able to get on the bench until an hours after my squats due to stupid fresh man and i kept on doing isolation exercises. i felt alright though and didn't feel tired or anything but i still couldn't complete the last set. then today i could barely get 4 reps of my last set on incline press. in addition to this, i felt way too tired and i can't figure out why. my diet is good and i got over 8 hours of sleep last night. my deadlift was ok today as in i got all the sets out but i felt exhausted. following my workout i had some whey protien and almost fell asleep. i've felt like **** all day and for some reason my appetite is oddly suppressed. ive only had about 2500 calories so far and i feel like i cant eat any more whereas usually i am starving by 8:00 pm. am i stalling already? some of the symptoms seem to suggest over training(loss of appetite, exhaustion) but i haven't done much this week. i got all my heavy triples succesfully last friday but this week has just been bad. the only activity i have done besides lift is play basketball for about an hour yesterday but it wasn't really anything overly intense. also, on another note, i just started taking usplabs jacked today. didn't get too much energy or much of a pump or anything. heres what ive had so far today.

breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1 piece of bread, one glass of 2% milk
    2 scoops of jacked followed by 45-60 min workout
    2nd meal: 2 scoops EAS 100% whey w/ 2 cups 2% milk
    3rd meal: 2 chicken drumsticks(indian style, relatively low fat)
    4th meal: chicken sandwich(white meat, 2 pieces of bread)
    5th meal: salad(lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, olives)

im probably going to have another small meal and another protien shake before going to sleep. any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry about the long post.

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gkicksass View Post
    ok so im on madcows 5x5 and im in the 7th week. my lifts have been going up in the past three weeks but this week has just sucked. on monday i only got 4 reps of 170 and i should have got 5 although before i attributed this to not being able to get on the bench until an hours after my squats due to stupid fresh man and i kept on doing isolation exercises. i felt alright though and didn't feel tired or anything but i still couldn't complete the last set. then today i could barely get 4 reps of my last set on incline press. in addition to this, i felt way too tired and i can't figure out why. my diet is good and i got over 8 hours of sleep last night. my deadlift was ok today as in i got all the sets out but i felt exhausted. following my workout i had some whey protien and almost fell asleep. i've felt like **** all day and for some reason my appetite is oddly suppressed. ive only had about 2500 calories so far and i feel like i cant eat any more whereas usually i am starving by 8:00 pm. am i stalling already? some of the symptoms seem to suggest over training(loss of appetite, exhaustion) but i haven't done much this week. i got all my heavy triples succesfully last friday but this week has just been bad. the only activity i have done besides lift is play basketball for about an hour yesterday but it wasn't really anything overly intense. also, on another note, i just started taking usplabs jacked today. didn't get too much energy or much of a pump or anything. heres what ive had so far today.

im probably going to have another small meal and another protien shake before going to sleep. any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry about the long post.
    well, you're eating like a teenage girl on a bikini diet. cant be helping anything
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post
    well, you're eating like a teenage girl on a bikini diet. cant be helping anything
    ok so tell me what i should eat. i usually consume 3500-3700 calories a day. andbtw ive been eating about the same for the past few weeks and ive been getting good gains except for this week.

kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok so tell me what i should eat. i usually consume 3500-3700 calories a day. andbtw ive been eating about the same for the past few weeks and ive been getting good gains except for this week.
    thats not 3500 cals.

Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
    thats not 3500 cals.
    dude i said "about." i didn't list everything i have eaten because i don't remember exactly. i have a few snacks inbetween meals like granola bars or nuts or something. rest assured i do eat 3500-3700 calories a day. no offense kman but would anyone besides a fifteen year old kid with some actual knowledge about what might be going on care to post.

Forcefeeding past plateau Jones2.0's Avatar
    Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jones2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude i said "about." i didn't list everything i have eaten because i don't remember exactly. i have a few snacks inbetween meals like granola bars or nuts or something. rest assured i do eat 3500-3700 calories a day. no offense kman but would anyone besides a fifteen year old kid with some actual knowledge about what might be going on care to post.
    Sure.

He is a 15yr old kid who weighs more than you. He is right, eat more.

Also don't need another protein shake. Take that money and buy more chicken/milk/eggs/yoghurt.

Maybe try drinking milk with every meal or something. You don't weigh much. Eat 5x a day till you're almost going to throw up.
    Last edited by Jones2.0; 11-25-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    - skimmed milk + whole milk and double what your drinking
    -3 egg whites + 6 whole eggs
    -2 drumsticks + 1 large chicken breast and sweet potato, green veg and a pint of milk
    -chicken sandwich + 2chicken sandwiches and a pint of milk
    -salad + salad + steak

based on what you posted I seriously doubt you're getting 3700 calories.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    every so often your body goes through days like this, you cant expect it to be just up and away as long as u train and eat proper...just take it on the chin , dont force the reps if you dont have the energy, just try to sneak in a nap in the next few days, eat some bigger meals, and you will be back in no time...happens to me all the time I learned to cope with it

Originally Posted by Jones2.0 View Post
    Eat 5x a day till you're almost going to throw up.
    really not necessary. If he's working out properly the amount he needs to eat to gain weight should barely be more than he needs to satisfy his hunger.

Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caperjay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just a thought here, assuming your eating and sleeping enough. I noticed when I took NO Explode before my workout on madcow's I felt like crap, kinda felt week and had some nervous energy, and yes when I came home I didn't feel like eating, and I pretty well crashed. Some people are sensitive to stimulants. So chances are that since the only thing that you changed in your routine is your supplement intake, then this could be the problem.

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i eat a lot more than you and i barely get 3000 cals a day. eat more whole feed.
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Mets

RIP Zyzz- "forever mirin"

kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh, sorry you knowledgable 17 year old.

Just eat pussy more pussy.

aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just did a quick read of the posts so heres my 2 cents..
    1. eat more, WAY more. u have a solid frame at 6ft and ur probly still growing so u need to eating a TON more bro. the guy who edited ur meal plan knows whats up. and at 164 u have plenty of room to eat.
    2. if uve seen solid gains and have been working hard for a while now take a break. a huge reason ppl stop making gains, feel tired and even get sick is from overtraining.
    3. throw in a multivitamin regardless of what fruits and veggies ur eating (which is hopefully a decent amount). this helps with energy and a lot of other things.
    or maybe ur just gettin sick dude its that time of year. stay healthy, grab some hand sanitizer, do whatever. hope u get back on track, dont get discouraged if it takes a couple days.

alright heres what ive had altogether today:

3 egg whites+ milk + bread-400 cal
    protien shake w/ milk and nature valley granola bar-600 cal
    2 drumsticks-150 cal
    chicken sandwich-350 cal
    salad- minimal cal
    ice cream- 200 cal
    packet of planter's peanuts-170 cal
    2-3 cups milk-300 cal
    indian food, chicken(white meat), whole wheat bread+glass of orange juice-600 cal
    total: 2770 cal(approximate).
    i going to have some more milk and protien shake before bed so add about 600 cal to it and total comes to abou 3400 calories. keep in mind that i have been gaining .5-1 lb per week and making gains up until this monday. and btw kman i never claimed to be knowlegable about my situation. thats obviously why i posted here. in case u didn't notice everyone but u is actaully being helpful.

Originally Posted by aub27 View Post
    just did a quick read of the posts so heres my 2 cents..
    1. eat more, WAY more. u have a solid frame at 6ft and ur probly still growing so u need to eating a TON more bro. the guy who edited ur meal plan knows whats up. and at 164 u have plenty of room to eat.
    2. if uve seen solid gains and have been working hard for a while now take a break. a huge reason ppl stop making gains, feel tired and even get sick is from overtraining.
    3. throw in a multivitamin regardless of what fruits and veggies ur eating (which is hopefully a decent amount). this helps with energy and a lot of other things.
    or maybe ur just gettin sick dude its that time of year. stay healthy, grab some hand sanitizer, do whatever. hope u get back on track, dont get discouraged if it takes a couple days.
    thanks a lot dude. yea i think it might be vitamins now that i come to think about it. i dont take any multi's and i guess i dont eat enough veggies either. i dont think its illness cause i feel ok aside from being tired. i haven't taken a break from lifting/sports for like a year so maybe i should deload or set the 5x5 back a few weeks. any ideas? btw aub my doctor said im pretty much done growing as far as height is concerned.
    Last edited by gkicksass; 11-25-2009 at 09:04 PM.

alright heres what ive had altogether today:

3 egg whites+ milk + bread-400 cal
    protien shake w/ milk and nature valley granola bar-600 cal
    2 drumsticks-150 cal
    chicken sandwich-350 cal
    salad- minimal cal
    ice cream- 200 cal
    packet of planter's peanuts-170 cal
    2-3 cups milk-300 cal
    indian food, chicken(white meat), whole wheat bread+glass of orange juice-600 cal
    total: 2770 cal(approximate).
    i going to have some more milk and protien shake before bed so add about 600 cal to it and total comes to abou 3400 calories. keep in mind that i have been gaining .5-1 lb per week and making gains up until this monday. and btw kman i never claimed to be knowlegable about my situation. thats obviously why i posted here. in case u didn't notice everyone but u is actaully being helpful.
    eat more real food. How ****ing hard is it. I am being helpful, all you have to do is eat more.

You said you've been eating the same amount and it was helping you gain, well theres a point where you have to eat more stupid! Its common-****in-sense.

WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50) WithAnS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i kept on doing isolation exercises
    That probably has something to do with it.
    If it works, it works. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

eat more real food. How ****ing hard is it. I am being helpful, all you have to do is eat more.

You said you've been eating the same amount and it was helping you gain, well theres a point where you have to eat more stupid! Its common-****in-sense.
    ok u obviously have not been paying attention. u say there a point at which i have to eat more. ok i accept that. but do you think it is after on about a 4 lb increase in body weight while maintaining approximately the same activity level. if anything my metabolism should be slightly slower because ive just been sitting around and lifting for an hour instead of being at school and walking around a bit with a 40 lb backpack. i don't think my caloric need is going to increase so much in one day that i will feel this tired during a workout whereas i can normally lift for an hour or so with no problems. therefore i think we can eliminate my diet as a source of the problem. how much do you eat huh kman cus you sound like a real expert as far as a person's diet is concerned. here are the remaining possibilities:

1. new workout supp doesn't work for me
    2. i am overtraining
    3. i have plateaued on 5x5 and need to reset(unlikely but still a possibility)
    4. lack of essential vitamins(possible but i don't know how likely as i have never been this tired after a workout since before i was fat)
    5. kman is a f***ing dipsh*t and needs to use his "common-f***in-sense" to realize that he is being less than unhelpful and needs to GTFO of this thread.

ok u obviously have not been paying attention. u say there a point at which i have to eat more. ok i accept that. but do you think it is after on about a 4 lb increase in body weight while maintaining approximately the same activity level. if anything my metabolism should be slightly slower because ive just been sitting around and lifting for an hour instead of being at school and walking around a bit with a 40 lb backpack. i don't think my caloric need is going to increase so much in one day that i will feel this tired during a workout whereas i can normally lift for an hour or so with no problems. therefore i think we can eliminate my diet as a source of the problem. how much do you eat huh kman cus you sound like a real expert as far as a person's diet is concerned. here are the remaining possibilities:

1. new workout supp doesn't work for me
    2. i am overtraining
    3. i have plateaued on 5x5 and need to reset(unlikely but still a possibility)
    4. lack of essential vitamins(possible but i don't know how likely as i have never been this tired after a workout since before i was fat)
    5. kman is a f***ing dipsh*t and needs to use his "common-f***in-sense" to realize that he is being less than unhelpful and needs to GTFO of this thread.
    if this is the case you had an off day. WTF!
    everyone has off days and they dont need to make a thread for it

if this is the case you had an off day. WTF!
    everyone has off days and they dont need to make a thread for it
    2 off days in which my lifts have not been what they should be. and i realize that there no need to make a thread for an off day but this was a REALLY bad day which is why i am posting.

2 off days in which my lifts have not been what they should be. and i realize that there no need to make a thread for an off day but this was a REALLY bad day which is why i am posting.
    deload