so the last 14 months ive been trying to get a six pack and i would say ive got toned but only when i flex you can see that i am quite toned and have a little bit of a sixpack but when i am just being normal my belly looks normal and not muscley and it is really getting on my nerves because i have been working hard for so long and have even been putting off my social life and focusing on getting a six pack so hard that my gcse's have gone out the window i dont even have time to visit my family because i need to go on jogs and do ab exercises
i also have a good diet
morning: porridge and brown toast very little butter on toast
dinner: 2 butties with ham and salad, pineapple or apple, grapes, orange, strawerries etc and i have water and diluted orange juice to drink sometimes i may have a salad instead of butties
TEA: for my tea i usually have chicken or beef or meats, rice, pasta, potatoe vegetables, etc i have steak and eggs aswell
i eat very healthy and cut out all fattening foods i dont go to fast food restaurants or drink sodas or eat sweets,
I Exercise daily i do circuit traning twice a week, bicep curls everyday, ab exercises everyday and 8 minute abs everyday, i run 45 minutes on incline everyday i walk to school and back ( 15 minutes each way ) everyday and i go swimming on fridays for 2 hours and just do lengths
I Am 15, 5 foot 7 116 pounds ( 8 stone 11 pounds ) i think my body fat is around 10 - 11 %
i used to be overwieght but i am not now,, also my family are worried that i am overdoing it and they say i am going very skinny but i cannot see it my self ( IM DESPERATE FOR A SIXPACK )
I REALLY NEED HELP BECAUSE I AM RUINING MY LIFE BECAUSE I NEVER HAVE TIME TO SEE FRIENDS AND FAMILY COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Why am i not getting a sixpack ?
What should i do different ?
What am i doing wrong ?
How much am i meant to eat ?
And Good Exercises to get my sixpack?
11-25-2009, 08:16 AM #1
I need help with getting a six pack please ????
11-25-2009, 08:23 AM #2
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM #3
11-25-2009, 08:38 AM #4
- Join Date: Jul 2009
- Location: Pennsylvania, United States
- Age: 23
- Stats: 6'1", 169 lbs
- Posts: 2,964
- Rep Power: 0
11-25-2009, 08:44 AM #5
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM #6
OK dude, no more bicep curls everyday.
No more bicep curls ever...
I recommend you get under the squat bar and start squatting, that's the only way to grow!
For your abs, keep working them at least 4 times a week(every day may be too much)
Do some difficult ab moves, like straight leg raises
For your upper body - dips and chins!
Also, do some intense cardio, such as HIIT. Run hill sprints. Run sprints. These get your growth hormones and testosterone pumping, just like squats, chins, and dips.
These multi-joint exercises and anaerobic cardio increases HGH and testosterone levels, you should live by these exercises. More HGH(human growth hormone) = more ripped muscles, especially for a beginner
You'll have a ripped physique in no time if you live off these exercises.
You don't have a ripped physique because following your current routine, your muscles don't see a need to grow much
Food: Eat small meals every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism firing
PS: bicep curls don't do crap
Last edited by trackstar0313; 11-25-2009 at 08:51 AM.
11-25-2009, 08:50 AM #7
- Join Date: Sep 2008
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Age: 24
- Stats: 1'1", 1000 lbs
- Posts: 9,580
- Rep Power: 0
11-25-2009, 08:53 AM #8
Watch this and you will be there in no time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNJiHuQIbmMSmart Bombs are useless without smart people,we need Motivated,highly Focused, men and women and we have them in abundance
11-25-2009, 08:53 AM #9
11-25-2009, 10:04 AM #10
- Join Date: Oct 2009
- Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Age: 22
- Stats: 5'9", 217 lbs
- Posts: 620
- Rep Power: 80
11-25-2009, 10:44 AM #11
- Join Date: Jun 2009
- Location: United States
- Age: 25
- Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
- Posts: 2,978
- Rep Power: 475
i got my abs when i trained with the famous 300 workout guys. man you should try it too in just 20 days, my bodyfat dropped from about 30% to 5%!!!im like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, im getting the feeling of cumming at home,im getting the feeling of cumming backstage when i pump up, when i go out in front of 5000 people, im getting the same feeling that im cumming day and night. i mean its terrific, rite. so u know im in heaven.
11-25-2009, 10:47 AM #12
11-25-2009, 12:06 PM #13
- Join Date: Jan 2009
- Location: United States
- Age: 22
- Stats: 5'8", 231 lbs
- Posts: 4,743
- Rep Power: 3297
2. Nutrition wise - try to eat more meals spread throughout the day instead of 3 meals. get protein in every meal, and cut down on the carbs a bit. make sure to get enough fat, around 20% of calories from fat. then maybe 40% protein 40% carbs...something around there. keep the foods clean and the main thing is to eat under your maintenance calories, around 500 calories less then it takes for you to maintain your current weight.
Training wise - switch to a type of strength or mass building workout routine instead of circuit. (checkout rippetoes or something that involved compounds like squats, deadlifts, bench, rows ect.)
you don't need 8 minute abs either, use weight for your ab excercises so your doing no more than 12 reps, change it up, sometimes lift 6-8, sometimes 8-12 ect.
if you don't build your abs and get them bigger and stronger with heavier weights it will be harder for them to come out when losing fat.
Rest wise - stop excercising everyday, give your body atleast 1-2 days of FULL REST with no excercise, just proper nutrition and rest. dont do the same excercises day after day, like you said you did biceps and abs everyday. that is simply retarded and you'll most likely never see results. muscle grows when your resting not when your actually excercising/lifting.
4. use some online calculators to get an estimate of how much your maintenance calories are. start at that and eat less until your losing around 1lb a week, no more than 1.5/2lbs a week. getting a scale and weighing yourself once a week at the same time in the morning will help a lot to. naked and before breakfast.
5. weight crunches, hanging leg raises, they also get worked with deadlifting and such...but it wont matter because with getting abs more visible its around 70-80% nutrition and the rest is excercise, rest, ect.
good luck and i hope you take this advice into consideration, because what you were doing before was just flat out incorrect, lol.
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM #14
- Join Date: Jun 2006
- Location: Garland, Texas, United States
- Age: 23
- Stats: 6'1", 180 lbs
- Posts: 2,505
- BodyPoints: 9733
- Rep Power: 877
1. for abs to become VISIBLE the muscles in your abdominal region must protrude through the fat - your bf% must be very low
2. there is plenty of info on this site to get your diet and cardio in line - that is most important
3. contrary to above posts doing sit ups everyday wont hinder abdominal growth, but it wont to much for you either. throw hard punches when sitting up instead of doing sets of 50. squats < all else
4. see #2 - kitchen is where abs are made
Last edited by deep_squatter; 11-25-2009 at 12:23 PM.I will break a 46 second 400m.
I will work for it, everyday.
By mike_8401 in forum Misc.Replies: 19Last Post: 05-20-2004, 05:49 PM
By HauseKat in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-29-2004, 06:58 AM
By ULTIMO119 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 3Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:24 AM
By wayne_odor2002 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2003, 02:29 PM
By LiftForLife in forum Workout ProgramsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:37 AM