MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I used to box, I'm thinking about doing it again, but I need a weights workout.

I need a good weights routine to go with it so I can have a good body and definition to go with it.

A 2-3 day weight training routine is good enough, I can do cardio every day so, help out guys, I need a basic 2-3 day routine for some mass and definition.
    "Using no way as a way, using no limitations as a limitation." - Bruce Lee

Feb 2 - 174lbs BF% - 15-16
    Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

Jankrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MetalJoe666 View Post
    I need a good weights routine to go with it so I can have a good body and definition to go with it.

A 2-3 day weight training routine is good enough, I can do cardio every day so, help out guys, I need a basic 2-3 day routine for some mass and definition.
    I have been browsing here for a while now, but I decided to sign up to reply to this.

I box 3 times a week, tuesdays thursdays and sundays and go to the gym mondays and fridays with wednesday and saturday for resting. Its a good routine and i've seen great improvements in strength.

Because boxing is not about size, it is about strength, speed, technique and endurance you don't hit them gym up the same way a bodybuilder would. I start off in the gym with some cardio (10 min jog, some skipping, rowing, cross-trainer, anything works) then do a little warm-up circuit, i'll do this 2-3 times over.

x10 Full Sit-ups
    x20 Press-Ups
    x10 Dorsal Raises
    x10 Sit-ups with two twists either side
    x20 Legs up crunches
    x10 Leg Raises
    x10 Burpees

After that I go straight onto the pull ups, and do 2x10 standard pullups then 2x5 wide gripped and 2x10 dips. In between each, whilst my friend is doing the pullups i try to keep active, sometimes I punch air repeatedly with 3-5kg weights or sit-ups. Anything to keep you moving is great.

Then I just hit up various different exercises depending on how I feel and what I trained last time, it is good to keep your workout flexible and try to work every muscle at least a couple times a fortnight.

And lastly i'll finish off with a circuit above. Remember to stretch out, i can't tell you how important this is, you won't perform at boxing with stiff muscles.