Registered User Ripped Force138's Avatar
    Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

pre/intra/post workout stack

Just out of curiousity was wondering what everyone thought of my stack.

In the morning i take multivitamin, triple strength fish oil, triflex, jacked up (fat burner look it up) recreate, ALA, ginko biloba, coQ10, hawethorne berry, and Calcium citrate.

Pre workout I take Jack3D, I take 10g of BCAA powder and 5g of glutamine powder after I do abs and hit the weights before I do my 60 mins of cardio. After cardio I drink 40g of whey isolate and 40g of waximaize with 5g of glutamine powder added. I also take ZMA at bed time.

Was wondering what everyone thinks of my stack
    Get swole or die tryin!!!

Virginia licensed Attorney
    NASM CPT certified
    Crossfit certified
    Official Powerlifting Raw totals: 529/350/620 -1433lb total (kilo conversion to lbs)

justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmonty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ripped Force138 View Post

In the morning i take multivitamin, triple strength fish oil, triflex, jacked up (fat burner look it up) recreate, ALA, ginko biloba, coQ10, hawethorne berry, and Calcium citrate.

Pre workout I take Jack3D, I take 10g of BCAA powder and 5g of glutamine powder after I do abs and hit the weights before I do my 60 mins of cardio. After cardio I drink 40g of whey isolate and 40g of waximaize with 5g of glutamine powder added. I also take ZMA at bed time.

seems legit .. maybey i would change is fat burner for something liek e-bol or max out

ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    spend all of htat money on chicken beans rice fish peanut butter and oats.

thats what arnold did. jsut sayin.
    ZachSmash is a *******

whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whosane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zreniger View Post

+ Juice.

Orange Juice that is.

Ya on a serious note, I have spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on supps thinking my diet is right and i will become HYOOGE (hell yeah MT) when later I when I started counting cals and measuring my food I realized that my diet is **** and only handful of supps work, do intense research and don't buy into BS.

lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) lepkoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stick with your Fish-Oil, Whey, MultiVit, Casein(Orcottagecheese). And maybe something like NO xplode(personally hate the taste but it works for me)
    And eat healthy - tuna,salmon,chickenbreasts, whole wheats, egg whites blah blah you know the drill!

Just my 2 cents.

Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ripped Force138 View Post

Stack looks decent to me - the only things I would suggest would be to remove a couple items to save some cash.
    Glutamine has been proven not to give significant benefit to weight training.
    ZMA, unless you NEED it to relax to sleep, really isnt worthwhile in my opinion. You'll get enough zinc in your multi to cover what you don't get from food.
    As to Ginko and Hawthorne berry, they are great if you need the energy/lowering of your blood pressure, but thats obviously a case by case basis, and your call

Anyway... Cheers!

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zreniger View Post

Guy is 230lbs he obviously eats.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

sweetmozzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Muffinhunter View Post
    Stack looks decent to me - the only things I would suggest would be to remove a couple items to save some cash.
    Glutamine has been proven not to give significant benefit to weight training.
    ZMA, unless you NEED it to relax to sleep, really isnt worthwhile in my opinion. You'll get enough zinc in your multi to cover what you don't get from food.
    As to Ginko and Hawthorne berry, they are great if you need the energy/lowering of your blood pressure, but thats obviously a case by case basis, and your call

Anyway... Cheers!
    "Glutamine has been proven not to give significant benefit to weight training."

I thought Glutamine was to aid in recovery and not weight training? I know we already produce it, but, it's good to have extra...yes? no?
    "Insert Smart, Witty, Quote here"___________ .

Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muffinhunter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sweetmozzer View Post
    "Glutamine has been proven not to give significant benefit to weight training."

I thought Glutamine was to aid in recovery and not weight training? I know we already produce it, but, it's good to have extra...yes? no?
    No - do some searches on this site, there are numberous studies showing it really has no real benefit to a healthy individual - they'll explain it much better than I could.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Originally Posted by Muffinhunter View Post
    No - do some searches on this site, there are numberous studies showing it really has no real benefit to a healthy individual - they'll explain it much better than I could.
    Ok, did some some reseach on this site. This is what I found. www bodybuilding com/fun/glutamine htm

Now maybe this is their biased opinion because bodybuilding.com sells the stuff, but at the bottom of the article it has some nice references.

I do agree that it doesn't directly build muscle, like creatine, chicken breast, and lifting hard. I know, there is an old saying "don't believe everything you read", but I think it works. Maybe it's all in my mind, but the next day after a workout, I feel good. I've also gone straight to bed after a workout and woke up the next day pretty sore and tired.

According to an UNbiased article by Aurora Health Care, www . aurorahealthcare . org/yourhealth/healthgate/getcontent.asp?URLhealthgate=%2221749 . html%22

Your thoughts?

Originally Posted by sweetmozzer View Post
    Ok, did some some reseach on this site. This is what I found. www bodybuilding com/fun/glutamine htm

Now maybe this is their biased opinion because bodybuilding.com sells the stuff, but at the bottom of the article it has some nice references.

I do agree that it doesn't directly build muscle, like creatine, chicken breast, and lifting hard. I know, there is an old saying "don't believe everything you read", but I think it works. Maybe it's all in my mind, but the next day after a workout, I feel good. I've also gone straight to bed after a workout and woke up the next day pretty sore and tired.

According to an UNbiased article by Aurora Health Care, www . aurorahealthcare . org/yourhealth/healthgate/getcontent.asp?URLhealthgate=%2221749 . html%22

Your thoughts?
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...4bb74dde6&pi=4

There's one abstract I had bookmarked, remembered reading it before.

And again, a search will show you numerous posts/links showing the same. Layne (str8flexed or soemthing is his profile name) also debunks the glutamine claims, and he is a mod on here.

The only way it COULD benefit, from what I gather, is if someone is experiencing extreme physical trauma (burn victims, etc), or in the case of extreme dieting, which in this case would include restricting protein intake. Even in those cases, the dosage recommended is usually around 20-30 grams of Glutamine a day.

Again, look around some more, draw your own conclusion if you wish. But that is what I have learned.
    Last edited by Muffinhunter; 11-24-2009 at 12:29 PM.

That is a really good article, nice find...I 100% totally agree with you about trauma victims. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), mentioned that L-Glutamine supplementation, and many other pain medicines, was given to cancer patients after chemotherapy. I guess it's always good to look past the hype. Good post MuffinHunter : )

Registered User Ripped Force138's Avatar
    Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped Force138 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    glutamine does help! There will be a study out there on the internet to support any claim, pro or con. You may have found a study stating glutamine did not work but there are a ton of studies that state it does work! Besides none of you that are stating that it doesnt work are impressive looking anyways, you look like a bunch of skinny kids so I wouldnt debunk something if you have no real first hand knowledge yourself!
    Last edited by Ripped Force138; 11-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Get swole or die tryin!!!

Virginia licensed Attorney
    NASM CPT certified
    Crossfit certified
    Official Powerlifting Raw totals: 529/350/620 -1433lb total (kilo conversion to lbs)

Smile

Originally Posted by whosane View Post
    + Juice.

Orange Juice that is.

Ya on a serious note, I have spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on supps thinking my diet is right and i will become HYOOGE (hell yeah MT) when later I when I started counting cals and measuring my food I realized that my diet is **** and only handful of supps work, do intense research and don't buy into BS.
    Well Said! I totally agree.