Conflagrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out on empty stomach

Would working out on an empty stomach actually affect muscle growth or would it just make the person have a harder time lifting the weights?

The only place I can get a full-body workout is at my school weight room and I have weight room just before lunch so I'm gonna basically have an empty stomach. But if I work out and eat immediately after the workout is finished, would it be fine?

I dont know what the hell to do. I need to cut a lot of fat so I will be focusing more on cardio but I need to workout in the weight room 4 days a week so I can keep all my muscle mass while losing the fat.

So would having an empty stomach during the workout and eating after actually affect how much my muscles grow or would it just make me sluggish and make it harder for me to lift weights?

PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Working out and being hungry is a no no. I did that before and my body felt weak the next day. You need motabloism to get good results for your body.

So what do you suggest I do? Eat a protein bar right before working out?

I just wish I had lunch before weight room.

PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinoyZoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you eat breakfast before you go to school? If you do, try eating a little bit more and eat that protein bar when ur walking to the gym.

KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DO NOT EAT ANY CARBS, FATS, OR PROTEIN BEFORE A LIFT.

You will notice that you become tired faster and not be able to lift as much. You will need to eat to get energy but eat 2 hours before you lift. Not eating for longer than that could cause your body to go into a hypoglycemic state and it is NOT fun. If you want to cut fat, get your diet in place.

Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sam C has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    uh, eat before you work out. It's a bad idea to work out when hungry/on an empty stomach. You will have a crappy workout, and you'll feel like crap as well
    "Tryin' to minimize the issue, but I'm keeping it large
    I love the place that I live, but I hate the people in charge" -IT

2seamer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    pack a little extra for school, or eat a bigger breakfast... also, water works for relieving hunger, but immediatly after your workout eat somthing.

Dhenry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dhenry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    empty stomach+hard physical stress=BLACKOUT.

or that painful stomach thing, I've seen it happen to kids on the track running.

Teacher-"Did you eat anything before?"

Student- "Nooo. : ( "

KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KoreanBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I said to eat 2 hours before lifting. If you dont take any supplements, eat an hour before lifting. Eating + supplements = hindered effects.

Once you get used to eating every 2 hours you dont really feel too hungry.

Okay so I will try to get protein bars and eat them on the way to the weight room, but that's if I can actually get protein bars. If not I will eat a little extra breakfast. I will eat lunch right after workout too.

So my plan is to eat about 1700-1800 calories a day and do cardio every day and do fullbody workout 4 days a week.

I hope I will lose a lot of fat and keep muscle mass.

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Buy a can of cheap replacement drinks from your local grocery store. I found some with 350 calories and about 13g protein. They are great because they don't have to be cold, and they are a can, so they can be put easily into a backpack.

IRL George Costanza feardafronfz3's Avatar
    feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feardafronfz3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what should one do if they are taking an NO supplement such as Shock Therapy or NO-Xplode and the container says to drink on an empty stomach 30 minutes prior to workout

lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifter3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dude im in the exact same situation and i just eat a protein bar an hour before i go to the schools weightroom and then just go straight to lunch right after

Originally Posted by feardafronfz3 View Post
    what should one do if they are taking an NO supplement such as Shock Therapy or NO-Xplode and the container says to drink on an empty stomach 30 minutes prior to workout
    Gawd...I told you guys lol...2 hours before workout you can eat...then take the NO-Xplode.

As for your post Scorpion, the food you eat prior to your meal (2 hours) isnt like instantly absorbed...what you get from the food isnt just used up as soon as you eat it. When you do starve yourself before you lift, you end up in a hypoglycemic state...your body starts using your glycogen storages and you feel weak as hell. *blackout*

imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KoreanBB View Post
    DO NOT EAT ANY CARBS, FATS, OR PROTEIN BEFORE A LIFT.

You will notice that you become tired faster and not be able to lift as much. You will need to eat to get energy but eat 2 hours before you lift. Not eating for longer than that could cause your body to go into a hypoglycemic state and it is NOT fun. If you want to cut fat, get your diet in place.
    um are u sure ur korean. because ur not so smart.
    eat 30 minutes before you work out, containing carbs and protein. i eat 140 grams of simple carbs and 50 grams of protein before and after workout. You burn simple carbs really fast, and it transports protein into muscle fast.avoid fat. oh and dont workout in the morning. you will gain fat if you do it for a while. after you workout in an empty stomach, your body will think that you will starve your body, and stores what you eat as fat. Not all, but that is one of a way to get fat.
    I eat for purpose, not pleasure

Originally Posted by imchill123 View Post
    um are u sure ur korean. because ur not so smart.
    eat 30 minutes before you work out, containing carbs and protein. i eat 140 grams of simple carbs and 50 grams of protein before and after workout. You burn simple carbs really fast, and it transports protein into muscle fast.avoid fat. oh and dont workout in the morning. you will gain fat if you do it for a while. after you workout in an empty stomach, your body will think that you will starve your body, and stores what you eat as fat. Not all, but that is one of a way to get fat.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but please enlighten me more, I love knowledge. When you take these supplements before a workout, it releases a spike of insulin which reduces fat burning and inhibits your body from releasing GH and from there its pretty straightforward what happens. Reduced GH = lower gains.

Btw how much do the protein bars cost in general?

So is a 1700 calorie diet with everyday cardio and 4 day a week full body work out good for losing weight while keeping or gaining musclemass?