Closed Thread
Page 302 of 314 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 312 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,060 of 9409
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, it's appreciated. On the fat and hormone reg I will take your word, I am going to increase fats. I'm guessing your more memorable experience with that low of fat, and subsequent hormonal response was for gateway and you were at a very low body fat percentage already. Either way I am finding carbs are pure evil for my hunger control.

My intent is about a lb per week on this cut, I did lose 8 this week but most of that was water, I am confident that the actual fat-loss will be very slow. I have noticed that as of today my body is responding to the deficit and slowing metabolism. I am getting cold easily, which to me says the body is trying to make adjustments to expenditure, I am usually like a furnace. I wonder if a one or two day bump will offset that or just slow my progress? Might try it after another week or so, I have plenty of time to experiment.

Coconut oil that has no flavor? How can you stand it? I have come to love that very mild coconut flavor of the pure, organic, grown on the moon and only available at trader joes coconut oil, mixed with butter.... Coconut oil does nothing for my hunger at all... Butter does, walnuts do as well.

I'm pretty sure butter is a short chain and coconut oil is medium chain, I wonder what the difference is metabolically. 14g butter will leave me fuller much longer than 14g coconut oil, proven to myself by trial...

The machines left me with wicked DOMS in my entire upper body. I'm still in strength junky mode right now, but I can see a definite future in their use...

Glad the motivation level is high, that is the only thing that drives progress IMO. Half assing it makes you a space taker upper...

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Toast ftw, that light and fit bread was a regular fixture around here forever. 3 loaf special at Costco. I a little at no taste coconut oil though, one I have been using tastes so good, I lick the spoon after measuring out some to cook with. It was a Costco buy as well, stuff is too dang expensive though. Nutiva I believe, although it just seems expensive be cause the tub it large. IDK I'm hooked on it now. Especially with stir fried green beans.

Lol, body by Costco. I'll have to get in a bit better shape to make that pitch more convincing.

Meal #5 looks pretty sweet, well they all look filling as usual for you. Lot's of bang for the buck calorie wise.

Good to see things are going well in the gym.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    My wife just rolls her eyes at me. I've given up trying to talk to her about goals and physique aspirations and the like.
    This has been a bit of a bone of contention between my wife and me.

She has seen me standing on stage with well over a thousand people looking at me before, and it didn’t bother her a bit. But when we go to a public pool together, he gets a little intimidated by being with me. She is also not fond of some of the attention I get in those circumstances.

I don’t seek any of that out, so it is what it is.

Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    It's amazing you stay so lean Bo and you're not competing. What are the chances you do another show?
    I have three shows penciled in on my calendar for 2015.

My goal is to never be more than 10lbs over contest weight. Right now I am probably only 3 or 4lbs over.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    On the fat and hormone reg I will take your word, I am going to increase fats. I'm guessing your more memorable experience with that low of fat, and subsequent hormonal response was for gateway and you were at a very low body fat percentage already.
    I’ve read from several sources that trainees in my age bracket would be hormonally most productive when the body fat is kept low, and the dietary fat is kept high. I have never had my hormone levels checked. Never felt the need. From the perspective of how I feel and how things work, having myself tested for low T is not even in my zip code.

Either way I am finding carbs are pure evil for my hunger control.
    This is why prior to introducing the higher quantities of MCTs into my diet and cutting back on the carbs, I was unable to live comfortably at my current body fat level.

Coconut oil that has no flavor? How can you stand it?
    I buy Louana coconut oil.

It has no taste. I can add it to whatever I want and it’s like it isn’t even there. When the 7gs of butter is added to it, all I taste is the butter.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Toast ftw, that light and fit bread was a regular fixture around here forever. 3 loaf special at Costco
    My favorite is Healthy Life low carb bread.

$2.25 a loaf at WalMart, and I can fit a lot of it into a daily meal plan for very few calories and carbs.

Meal #5 looks pretty sweet, well they all look filling as usual for you. Lot's of bang for the buck calorie wise.
    That is kind of the hallmark of my nutrition plans. I have never been big on calorie dense foods. Probably the most calorie dense item I have in my current diet is a TBS of peanut butter each night on my rice cake.

Good to see things are going well in the gym.
    Thanks, mang! We’ve both had our challenges recently.

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That must take a ton of discipline to stay that close to contest weight. Will have to keep an eye out for contest photos next year.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Saturday 10/4/14 (Push) Periodized Low Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    The resistance on each exercise was increased quite a bit today. It just happened to be one of those days where my strength had really picked up for the sets of 8 reps.

Machine Bench Press 5x8
    Pec Deck 5x8

Machine Overhead Press 5x8
    Machine Rear Delt 5x8

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x10
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x10
    Rope Press Downs 5x10

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    I was pretty tanked when this workout was over. While everything gelled nicely today, the added weight for 35 working sets was somewhat taxing. I am starting to feel very good about these training sessions.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Still looking amazing. I'd kill to look like you....might as well hit the stage again Steve!
    Team General Mills

Sunday 10/5/14 (Pull) Periodized Low Rep-Back/Biceps/Legs

Observations
    This is my highest volume workout of the periodized program. 48 sets. Running these workouts with differing rep schemes and set structures makes each training session feel unique, and takes a different mindset and focus.

Machine Lat Pull-Downs 5x8
    Machine Chest Supported Rows 5x8
    Body Weight Pull-Ups 5x8

Machine Bicep Curls 8x10

Leg Curls 5x8
    Leg Extensions 5x8
    Hip Adductor 5x8
    Leg Press 5x8
    Calf Press 5x10

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    The plight of a natty.

I decided to take a pic early this morning to compare what I look like flat and without a pump to the pics I have posted lately that were taken carbed up after a workout when my muscles are full.

^^^While that pic might look good for GQ magazine (no narcissist), it hardly looks like I have competitive bodybuilding aspirations. Thank goodness for peaking strategies.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow that is a pretty drastic change from the pics on the previous page. I guess that is the price of being lean vs carrying some extra fat. Looking a little bigger without a pump at the same level of lean mass...still look amazingly well defined sans pump. Nice volume, looks like you put some serious work into the back in that session.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was excited to see the low carb bread at Walmart, until I went to their website and found that only two counties in the western part of the state carry it. Ugghhh.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Was excited to see the low carb bread at Walmart, until I went to their website and found that only two counties in the western part of the state carry it. Ugghhh.
    There are several types I have the one pictured above as well as one called Aunt Millie's low cal bread it's about the same macros and calories. Just check they should have some type of low cal bread. It's awesome being able to eat 6 slices of toast and only have 210 calories .

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I have never had my hormone levels checked. Never felt the need. From the perspective of how I feel and how things work, having myself tested for low T is not even in my zip code.
    FWIW, I'm right with you here.

If all the machinery is working well, there are some things that just don't need looked at, and then subsequently, worried about. IMO, that whole topic can very well be a slippery slope.

IOW, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You still look good in this pic as well, less full, but still obviously a serious training build.

I'm sure you've tried slightly higher calorie surplus periodically to see if it matters for gainz?

As we all know it's all about whey and lotion, so mix it up and rub it on, win!
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

Tuesday 10/7/14 (Push) Periodized High Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    I get a huge pump from this particular periodization scheme, so I was really looking forward to chasing it.

Machine Bench Press 5x12
    Pec Deck 5x12

Machine Overhead Press 5x12
    Machine Rear Delt 5x12

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x15
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x15
    Rope Press Downs 5x15

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    Real life got in the way this week, so I am just now getting around to posting this training session.

Thursday 10/9/14 (Pull) Periodized High Rep-Back/Biceps/Legs

Observations
    Today I finally moved my full Thursday leg training into the proper periodization pattern. I had been holding it back, but now I have it on track.

Machine Lat Pull-Downs 5x12
    Machine Chest Supported Rows 5x12
    Body Weight Pull-Ups 5x12

Machine Bicep Curls 6x15

Leg Curls 3x12
    Leg Extensions 3x12
    Leg Press 5x12
    Calf Press 5x15

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    Gotta love vascularity. This workout really brings it out in my arms and shoulders, even though my shoulders are not worked directly. My body seems to be doing a lot with just a few carbs right now.

One of my current goals is to be able to cut paper with my intercostals... lol!

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't been on much. Checking in to see how things are going for ya.. Nice work as as always.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

That is just incredible, it's like you add and remove inches of mass instantly, especially arms from the depleted to the pumped. It looks like the intercostals are paper shredding ready. Pretty sharp line on the obliques as well.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just to be clear, I do read what you write Steve. Maybe a few less pics might help with getting through your journal entries a lot quicker instead of totally checking you out at every pit stop You look sensational and could easily step on stage now! Insane vascularity in those shoulders and wonderful detailing throughout the torso region.

Have I read correctly? Three shows are lined up next year and two in the early part of the year.

I remember trying coconut oil and disappointingly it was tasteless. Changing brands fixed that and what a revelation! Can't imagine mixing butter with it now but I'm sure it could work lol Over the years I've learned to accept more fats in the diet as they are essential for general good health. Toast is the best

oh and careful what you wish for, expect you'll be sorry if you should fall victim to a very nasty and painful intercostal cut

What are MCT's?

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    This is magnificent to read.
    I feel good now. I have had a rough two years of training and medical treatments. It is good to have that behind me for a change, and moving forward with a positive outlook.

I feel like I am 2 years behind in my goals, so I am super motivated to get them back on track.

And this is just magnificent.

No homo etc.
    lulz

Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    That must take a ton of discipline to stay that close to contest weight.
    It’s really not a hard as one might think.

The thing is, most guys have way more fat on them, and much less muscle mass than they believe. Getting truly shredded bears that out. I have no desire to be on really long cuts anymore to get down to contest body fat levels. Staying within 10lbs of contest conditioning is plenty good for training hard. Lately, I have found that staying within 5lbs is working just fine for me.

Personally, I think a lot of guys use the word bulking as an excuse to eat whatever they want and not use much discipline. But that’s just me.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Still looking amazing. I'd kill to look like you....might as well hit the stage again Steve!
    Thanks. Means a lot coming from you, Rob! I have plans to hit the stage again in 2015.

Wow that is a pretty drastic change from the pics on the previous page. I guess that is the price of being lean vs carrying some extra fat. Looking a little bigger without a pump at the same level of lean mass...still look amazingly well defined sans pump.
    It would be nice to be able to hold a carbed up/pumped up size all of the time, but that isn’t going to happen for a 51 year old natty.

I remember seeing a picture of Layne Norton a few years ago with several high school football players. The meme under it asked something like--Can you find the natural pro?

My WalMart carries several types of low carb/low calorie breads. I typically pick up the Healthy Life bread just because I get the biggest bang for my buck from it.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    FWIW, I'm right with you here.

If all the machinery is working well, there are some things that just don't need looked at, and then subsequently, worried about. IMO, that whole topic can very well be a slippery slope.

IOW, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I had my yearly physical this week. My doc told me all of my bloodwork numbers, blood pressure, heart rate, pulse ox, etc. were perfect. At no time did either of us mention a T test. But he is pushing me to get a colonoscopy this year.

Originally Posted by wedjim View Post
    You still look good in this pic as well, less full, but still obviously a serious training build.

I'm sure you've tried slightly higher calorie surplus periodically to see if it matters for gainz?
    I have been doing a carb up every two to three weeks. I think it is a good thing to do from time to time. I am really not interested in running around carb bloated very often, though.

As we all know it's all about whey and lotion, so mix it up and rub it on, win!
    That mixture only works if you apply it before 8 PM.

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Haven't been on much. Checking in to see how things are going for ya.. Nice work as as always.
    Things are going great, Chris. Ever since you taught me how to work the MCTs into my nutrition plan, I have been extremely pleased with how my body is responding.

That is just incredible, it's like you add and remove inches of mass instantly, especially arms from the depleted to the pumped. It looks like the intercostals are paper shredding ready. Pretty sharp line on the obliques as well.
    When I moved to my new house, I lost my posing area. I am pretty much relegated to taking selfies in the locker room of the gym. That is why I have been taking mostly relaxed progress shots. I have a folder of what I look like this year in repose compared to two years ago, and there have been some significant upgrades.

Eventually, I am going to have to take some posing/flexing shots. But I am going to wait until my legs start responding a little better.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Just to be clear, I do read what you write Steve. Maybe a few less pics might help with getting through your journal entries a lot quicker instead of totally checking you out at every pit stop You look sensational and could easily step on stage now! Insane vascularity in those shoulders and wonderful detailing throughout the torso region.
    The nutrition change I made this year is allowing me to train very hard in a very lean state. I like what is happening right now a lot.

Have I read correctly? Three shows are lined up next year and two in the early part of the year.
    If my health and my personal life hold up, I plan to do one in April, June, and October next year.

I remember trying coconut oil and disappointingly it was tasteless. Changing brands fixed that and what a revelation! Can't imagine mixing butter with it now but I'm sure it could work lol Over the years I've learned to accept more fats in the diet as they are essential for general good health. Toast is the best
    I like the coconut oil without any flavor. I can add it to whatever I want and it doesn’t spoil, or add to the taste. When I put 7g on toast with 7g of butter, all I taste is the butter.

oh and careful what you wish for, expect you'll be sorry if you should fall victim to a very nasty and painful intercostal cut
    I borrowed that phrase from Brian. He told me before the Gateways that my intercostals looked like they could cut paper. That has stuck with me ever since.

What are MCT's?
    Medium Chain Triglycerides.

They go through the portal vein rather than circulating through your bloodstream. Great for energy, hormonal support, and hunger control. So basically the coconut oil and butter we’ve been talking about

http://www.smart-publications.com/ar...s-you-lose-fat

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...tty-acids.aspx
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 10-11-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: sp

Saturday 10/11/14 (Push) Periodized Medium Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    Due to some real life issues, I had been up since 1AM. I figured I was going to need every bit of my 400mg of caffeine I usually take prior to training.

Machine Bench Press 5x10
    Pec Deck 5x10

Machine Overhead Press 5x10
    Machine Rear Delt 5x10

This pic shows a little bit of the response I am getting in my delts and traps from the current workout scheme.

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x12
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x12
    Rope Press Downs 5x12

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    My pre-workout mixture and pre-workout meal got me through this session. Now its time for a nap.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rise of the machines training looks like it's going well. Glad your full steam ahead buddy.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Sunday 10/12/14 (Pull) Periodized Medium Rep-Back/Biceps/Legs

Observations
    In my “Rise of the Machines” training protocol, the amount of weight I am using is really insignificant. All I really pay attention to is the number on the weight bricks, and roll with it. Each machine has micro weights that can be slid into place for some added resistance prior to having to add another brick.

Because the brick weight is really just resistance numbers, I have not been posting my workouts like I was when I was training with free weights. Any lurker curious about my strength in relationship to my physique would have no way of comparing the machine resistance I am using to free weights or any other type of machine resistance.

Unless someone is using Matrix equipment, there is no reason to even look at my numbers. That is why I have been posting my workouts the way I have while using the machine protocol.

But just for fun, lets look at it this way today and get an idea of the volume and resistance increases.

Machine Lat Pull-Downs
    10x140
    10x140
    10x145
    10x150
    10x155

Machine Chest Supported Rows
    10x140
    10x140
    10x145
    10x145
    10x145

Body Weight Pull-Ups
    8xBW
    9xBW
    10xBW
    10xBW
    10xBW

Machine Bicep Curls 8x10
    12X80
    12X80
    12X82.5
    12X82.5
    12X85
    12X85
    12X85
    12X87.5

10 minutes of core work

Leg Curls
    10x80
    10x80
    10x85
    10x85
    10x85

Leg Extensions
    10x90
    10x90
    10x90
    10x90
    10x90

Hip Adductor
    10x80
    10x80
    10x80
    10x80
    10x80

Leg Press
    10x135
    10x140
    10x145
    10x145
    10x150
    10x150
    10x160
    10x160

Calf Press
    12x160
    12x160
    12x160
    12x160
    12x160

Final Thoughts
    Quite a bit of volume and I move fast. A lot of pre-exhaustion work prior to leg pressing. My wheelz were wobbly on my walk to the car.
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 10-12-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Fixing an error that made it look like I was claiming to lift 800lbs lulz

That is a lot of volume, no idea what the weights mean because every machine is different but it's obviously working for you. I might get to a point where I reduce weights and start to do more body builder style training. I do enjoy that feeling of the burn in the 8-12 rep range without the joint fatigue that happens with the low rep stuff.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 10-13-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No wonder you could barely walk lol

You must be zipping around the room like a bat out of hell!

Sorry to hear things aren't good on the home front. I'm forever the optimist though. Thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

Wednesday 10/15/14 (Push) Periodized Low Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    The work week and family obligations did not shape up well to keep my normal schedule, so this workout was bumped back to Wednesday.

Machine Bench Press 5x8
    Pec Deck 5x8

Machine Overhead Press 5x8
    Machine Rear Delt 5x8

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x10
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x10
    Rope Press Downs 5x10

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    My morning body weight is up about 5lbs since I started the “Rise of the Machines” training. The nice thing is, my body fat is actually down a little.

The additional weight is coming from the response to the leg training and recovering some size in the wheelz. This whole thing is going very well right now.

Thursday 10/16/14 (Pull) Periodized Low Rep-Back/Biceps/Legs

Observations
    I've taken some progress pics of the wheelz. They are looking decent now. I'll get around to posting some soon.

Machine Lat Pull-Downs 5x8
    Machine Chest Supported Rows 5x8
    Body Weight Pull-Ups 5x8

Machine Bicep Curls 6x10

Leg Curls 3x8
    Leg Extensions 3x8
    Hip Adductor 3x8
    Leg Press 5x8
    Calf Press 5x10

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Rise of the machines training looks like it's going well. Glad your full steam ahead buddy.
    I have only been using this training protocol now for three months, but I would have to say that it has been the most enjoyable 90 day period of training I have ever experienced. Training without chronic back pain is fun. And the fact that I am moving my physique into new territory doesn’t hurt, either.

That is a lot of volume, no idea what the weights mean because every machine is different but it's obviously working for you. I might get to a point where I reduce weights and start to do more body builder style training. I do enjoy that feeling of the burn in the 8-12 rep range without the joint fatigue that happens with the low rep stuff.
    I have always believed that volume is a natty bodybuilder’s friend. I have always used fairly high volume to make sure the muscle groups were worked thoroughly. There is just not going to be a lot of secondary response in relationship to hypertrophy. The muscle must be completely hit, or it won’t grow.

The other factor in what I am doing now is the periodization and rotation of rep schemes. While nothing I do is about strength, per se, I HAVE been getting stronger. When I have said in the past that I couldn’t care less about how strong I am, that is only true to a point. Strength gains are one of several factors I use to measure forward progression.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    No wonder you could barely walk lol

You must be zipping around the room like a bat out of hell!
    During the week, I have exactly 1 hour per gym session to get my training in. On the weekends, I have as much time as I would like, but I still keep it right around an hour.

Sorry to hear things aren't good on the home front. I'm forever the optimist though. Thinking good thoughts for you and your family.
    Thanks for the good thoughts, Louise.

I re-read what I wrote about my personal life and my competition goals. It really didn’t come off the way I intended. Things between me and Mrs. Flecks are fantastic. My kids are a pain in the ass, but what 51 year old dad raising 8 year old twins and a 6 year old would say differently without having lied through his teeth

The thing is, contest prep can get very intense on your personal life. While I learned some things about it in the past, I will not fool myself into believing that my family will not be impacted from it. One of the things I am doing to make it easier on ALL of us is to remain close to contest conditioning while getting ready for the 2015 season.

My training and nutrition plan is set up to make a good run at it without making my wife and kids inconvenienced/crazy any more than necessary. Its gonna’ happen, but I can do some things to minimize it. Anyway, it’s what I do and I intend to bring them along for the ride. I love it, and want them to enjoy it, too.
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 10-18-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typoz

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Training and pics looking super. Plan to keep life together even more superer.

Yeh, I used superer
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Saturday 10/18/14 (Push) Periodized High Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    I needed to get this workout in earlier than normal since I had plans to take my kids to the punkin patch this afternoon. That threw my pre-workout meal about an hour earlier in the day (1PM) which meant I was going to go a couple of hours longer post workout without a meal. I was not looking forward to that.

But, the MCTs kept me satiated and from acting like an ass hat until I could finally eat at 6PM. Chicken and broccoli. Yum!

Machine Bench Press 5x12
    Pec Deck 5x12

Machine Overhead Press 5x12
    Machine Rear Delt 5x12

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x15
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x15
    Rope Press Downs 5x15

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    In my opinion, the weakness of most natty bodybuilders is deltoids… especially front delts. While my delts have always been decent, I have never been real impressed with my front delt development. With the change in training protocol, they are definitely improving.

Sunday 10/19/14 (Pull) Periodized High Rep-Back/Biceps/Legs

Observations
    Another off schedule training session (this is starting to feel like the norm). I had to get this workout in before walking around Six Flags all day (since my kids asked to go to Fright Fest).

Machine Lat Pull-Downs 5x12
    Machine Chest Supported Rows 5x12
    Body Weight Pull-Ups 5x12

Machine Bicep Curls 8x15

Leg Curls 5x12
    Leg Extensions 5x12
    Hip Adductor 5x12
    Leg Press 5x12
    Calf Press 5x15

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    I have only been running my full leg program since September 21st, so today marks right at 1 month of leg training following the injury hiatus. I am hoping the wheelz continue to respond without issue over the next 5 months.

This pic was taken prior to training today.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    My kids are a pain in the ass.....
    Lulz. That's their primary job, Steve.

One of the things I am doing to make it easier on ALL of us is to remain close to contest conditioning while getting ready for the 2015 season.
    Staying lean while building muscle is a REAL balancing act, something that IMO 90% of your average gym rats just aren't going to be able to pull off.

With your experience and training history, if anybody can do it, it's you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good quad definition. Hope you and the kids enjoyed Fright Fest.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking good so far. Looks like things are moving in the right direction. Be sure to post pictures of the marble and plastic once they hit the mantle.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Tuesday 10/21/14 (Push) Periodized Medium Rep-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Observations
    After today, I am hoping to get my schedule back on track. I feel like I have been forced to fit my workouts in between real life, and I don’t like that.

Machine Bench Press 5x10
    Pec Deck 5x10

Machine Overhead Press 5x10
    Machine Rear Delt 5x10

Machine Close Grip Bench 5x12
    Machine Tricep Extensions 5x12
    Rope Press Downs 5x12

10 minutes of core work

Final Thoughts
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Training and pics looking super.
    I am starting to see some improvements in the progress pics that I really like. I have 5 months until I will be forced to pull the trigger on a decision as to whether I do the Natural Southern States Classic.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Staying lean while building muscle is a REAL balancing act, something that IMO 90% of your average gym rats just aren't going to be able to pull off. With your experience and training history, if anybody can do it, it's you.
    Having my fats right is a huge part of this. Not only for hormonal support, but for satiety as well. It is a whole lot easier running a nutrition plan very close to the vest when you’re not hungry all the time.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Good quad definition.
    Outer sweep on the quads is going to be the lynch pin for an April contest. We shall see.

Looking good so far. Looks like things are moving in the right direction.
    My lower back is still a little dicey sometimes, but I am not having the chronic pain. I think as long as I am careful I can pull this thing off.

Closed Thread
Page 302 of 314 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 312 ... LastLast