Closed Thread
Page 255 of 314 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 9409
    baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SteBo you beat it before, you can beat it again. Thoughts and prayers headed your way my friend.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bummer news, especially in the short run, but taking the best care of yourself that you can may pay off big time in the long run, both with you family and your physique. God gives us what we can handle and everything happens for a reason.

Stay strong - in all senses of the word.

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Steve, you will be in my thoughts. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery.
    This says it all; pulling for you as always.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    I'm having my own ticker issues right now, and this was also not expected.
    Folks like you have allowed me to keep the demons at bay...if Bo can do it, so can I.
    So allow my words of respect boost your own morale.

not that you need reminding...

NUTS!
    Ugh. I hate to hear that you are having heart issues. When the most important muscle in your body does not want to cooperate, it makes the whole concept of training the other muscle groups a lot more complicated. Hopefully your doc can get things lined out for you.

Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    Bummer man. Positive vibes headed your way buddy.
    Thanks my friend. This whole thing has been just a bump in the road. Just one more issue to work around and solve.

Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    This is the worst news I've heard all year.....

Try to keep your chin up my man.
    I think the worst part of it is that I really needed the full year to make the improvements I needed for the 2013 contest season. I am not 100% sure that I will not get the results this year that I need, but the lost time has definitely hampered the prospect.

Steve, you will be in my thoughts. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery.
    Thanks, Larry. I know you have been dealing with some issues of your own. I pretty much feel like I have things lined out now, so I should be able to get my training rolling again. I feel a little snake bit, though, because I thought this a couple of weeks ago, too.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Plastic trophies are cool and all, but in the grand scheme of things.....

Remember, your family and friends really don't care how of those things your extremely ripped physique can accumulate. Get yourself well Steve!
    Yep. Advice well taken. The doc made the suggestion (not diagnosis) that the strain of getting shredded for the competition put a lot of strain on my CNS and led to the issue. I am not sure about that. I guess I will find out the next time I go through a contest prep.

Originally Posted by Vanguard1965 View Post
    I know it must be hard but stay postitive and keep doing what you can. The good news is once you get this squared away it should not take much to get back to where you were, muscle memory is pretty amazing. On the positive side if you can't compete in 2013 it will give you more time to improve your physique to compete in 2014.
    If I wait, I should definitely be ready by 2014. No big deal. Just not the original plan. But then again, rarely have my original plans worked out.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Sorry to hear the news Steve. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Health always comes first. The trophy can wait.

You have fought a few battles already, keep your aim steady and true.
    Since I have fought the electrical problems with my heart before, this time exposed a lot of baggage I still carry from it. It was really hard to keep training through the issue. I am starting to get my swagger back now that it looks like the issue is resolved.

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    SteBo you beat it before, you can beat it again. Thoughts and prayers headed your way my friend.
    Thanks, bakes. I originally thought it would be an easy fix with the med formulation change. The problem was that my doc started me out on a really low dose to get my body used to it, and then worked up to the dose I need. The process took much longer than I would have liked.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Bummer news, especially in the short run, but taking the best care of yourself that you can may pay off big time in the long run, both with you family and your physique. God gives us what we can handle and everything happens for a reason.

Stay strong - in all senses of the word.
    Thanks, Dan. I have kept up with my workouts well enough to keep most of my strength, so I really do not think I am out anything other than several weeks of gains at this point.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    This says it all; pulling for you as always.
    Thanks, my friend. I am hoping that this little episode is behind me now. I still probably will not know for a few weeks as I really start ramping up my training intensity again.

I will be making some big changes in my training scheme for the next few months.

I am going to back off of the volume, and increase frequency. I am also going to train heavier and more instinctively. I am interested to see how my muscle groups respond to being hit every four days, rather than every 7 days. I have wanted to give this a shot for some time, and this recent training glitch has given me a reason to go ahead and try it.

Rep schemes will be lower, but weight schemes will be heavier and increased more instinctively.

I have been messing around with this and making adjustments for the last couple of weeks and feel like it has some promise. We shall see.
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 02-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post

I will be making some big changes in my training scheme for the next few months.

I am going to back off of the volume, and increase frequency. I am also going to train heavier and more instinctively. I am interested to see how my muscle groups respond to being hit ever four days, rather than every 7 days. I have wanted to give this a shot for some time, and this recent training glitch has given me a reason to go ahead and try it.

Rep schemes will be lower, but weight schemes will be heavier and increased more instinctively.

I have been messing around with this and making adjustments for the last couple of weeks and feel like it has some promise. We shall see.
    Good Luck Steve and God speed my friend.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I am interested to see how my muscle groups respond to being hit every four days, rather than every 7 days. I have wanted to give this a shot for some time, and this recent training glitch has given me a reason to go ahead and try it.
    With the volume reduced to compensate, I'll put money on the fact that an increase in frequency (and intensity by virtue of lifting heavier weights) will be beneficial.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope you are all fit and well soon mate. Switching around the variables you mentioned maybe just what your body needs.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a good plan. I'll stay tuned to see how it plays out for you.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Health, happiness, and family first, Steve.

The weights & competitions will always be waiting.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad to hear things are taking a turn for the positive. Keep getting stronger my friend.

I have recently become convinced that I respond better to frequency more so than volume. While, my experience isn't worth that much, I hope that you will find what I have and you make up the time lost quickly.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Good Luck Steve and God speed my friend.
    Thanks, Jay. I think I have this thing lined out. I will know for sure here in the next couple of weeks, but for now I am assuming I am good to go.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    With the volume reduced to compensate, I'll put money on the fact that an increase in frequency (and intensity by virtue of lifting heavier weights) will be beneficial.
    I started the idea of backing off of the volume due to the need to keep my heart rate in check as I was getting used to the new meds. The whole idea of increasing frequency had been in the back of my mind for quite some time, but I was making gains with what I was doing so it was hard to pull the trigger in making such a drastic change.

I am still experimenting with the whole concept, but so far I like what I feel in the gym.

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I hope you are all fit and well soon mate. Switching around the variables you mentioned maybe just what your body needs.
    At this point, the reduced volume is a welcome change. Lifting heavier with fewer reps in a lot of ways mentally feels a lot easier to me. Physically, my body leaves the gym feeling trained.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I'll stay tuned to see how it plays out for you.
    I am interested to see this play out, too. Not that I have been using light weights with the higher volume work, but I think there will be some benefits from the heavier work. My only concern at this point is whether or not my connective tissue will cooperate.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Health, happiness, and family first, Steve.

The weights & competitions will always be waiting.
    A couple of weeks ago I came to the realization that I had really not made any gains in the four months following the competition due to my training having to be altered so many times. I would need to start the prep in July, and that would only give me four months to make the necessary improvements. It became obvious that was not going to happen.

So at this point, I am looking at it as being 16 months out from starting a contest prep.

No way am I interested in putting the same product on stage I did in 2012.

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Glad to hear things are taking a turn for the positive. Keep getting stronger my friend.

I have recently become convinced that I respond better to frequency more so than volume. While, my experience isn't worth that much, I hope that you will find what I have and you make up the time lost quickly.
    I have been training my muscle groups once every seven days for several years now. With the A/B schedule, each muscle group was getting some secondary work prior to that seven days, but I am not sure how effective that ultimately was.

Training each muscle group every five days seems to allow for plenty of recovery time and allows each muscle group to be trained seven to eight times every month as opposed to four. Over the course of a year, that could be significant.

Here is what I am playing around with:

Day 1 (Monday)-Chest, Back, and Arms
    Incline Barbell Bench Press 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____
    Dumbbell Bench Press 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____

OH Tricep Extensions 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____
    Close Grip Bench Press 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____

Weighted Pull-ups 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____
    Barbell Rows 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____

Trice Bar Spider Curls 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____
    Dumbbell Curls 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____

Day2 (Tuesday)-Cardio and Abs

Day 3 (Wednesday)-Shoulders, Legs
    OH Dumbbell Press 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____
    Upright Rows 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x_____

Barbell Shrugs 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x _____

Leg Press 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____
    Hack Squats 6x_____ 6x _____ 6x _____

Leg Curls 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____

Calf Press 8x_____ 8x _____ 8x_____

Day 4 (Thursday)-Cardio and Abs

On Friday, start the cycle again with Chest, Back, and Arms.

Exercises would be rotated in and out based upon feel and need. Weights would be selected and increased instinctively.
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 02-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Here is what I am playing around with:

Day 1 (Monday)-Chest, Back, and Arms
    Day2 (Tuesday)-Cardio and Abs
    Day 3 (Wednesday)-Shoulders, Legs
    Day 4 (Thursday)-Cardio and Abs
    I facepalmed the Tues & Thurs ab work.....

All looks good man! I've always wondered why you punish yourself with so much volume, but I didn't want to be the naysayer.

Just a suggestion. Maybe switch barbell rows with deadlifts every other week or something. I know you have a back issue, but if you keep the weight light, I wonder if they could work for you?? Then, you could eliminate shoulder shrugs. Just a suggestion.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress, bud!!!

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would do legs 1st that day. No offence, they are the bodypart you need the most work on and you want a fresh CNS, motivation, and physical energy levels to peak on this particular session EVERY time.

and what's your opinion...
    I've been thinking trap training is almost a waste of time for competition. It takes away the delt cap and does nothing to add to the illusion of the x-frame.
    I quit training traps for a few years and still had 'em. I'm now back to hitting them just because I like to and I'm tired of giving up some things for competing.
    What do you think?

Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    I facepalmed the Tues & Thurs ab work.....

All looks good man! I've always wondered why you punish yourself with so much volume, but I didn't want to be the naysayer.
    lulz at the aversion to ab work. Really it is not all that much and certainly not any more than I was already doing. I am just splitting it up every other day. Makes it go faster that way. My cardio sessions are bouncing between 30 minute MIIT sessions, and 40 minute LISS.

No naysayer on the high volume. It was a phase I stuck with for a while and it worked for me. With the issues I have been dealing with recently, it seemed to make sense to drop back from the high volume work for a while.

Just a suggestion. Maybe switch barbell rows with deadlifts every other week or something. I know you have a back issue, but if you keep the weight light, I wonder if they could work for you?? Then, you could eliminate shoulder shrugs. Just a suggestion.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress, bud!!!
    As far as exercises are concerned, I am going to be changing out exercises frequently. Probably every 4 to 6 weeks. I would love to be able to do some dead lifts, but last time I had them in the rotation, my L5 stayed cranky most of the week and affected other lifts.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    I would do legs 1st that day. No offence, they are the bodypart you need the most work on and you want a fresh CNS, motivation, and physical energy levels to peak on this particular session EVERY time.
    At your suggestion, I rotated the Leg/Shoulder workout. Just made sense to do it that way.

and what's your opinion...
    I've been thinking trap training is almost a waste of time for competition. It takes away the delt cap and does nothing to add to the illusion of the x-frame.
    I quit training traps for a few years and still had 'em. I'm now back to hitting them just because I like to and I'm tired of giving up some things for competing.
    What do you think?
    I think you are right. The judges typically could give a crap about traps. But man, those things look uber cool when wearing a T-shirt!

Wednesday 2/13/13- Legs/Shoulders

Leg Press
    6x550
    6x550
    6x550

Hack Squats
    6x400
    6x400
    6x400

Leg Curls
    8x60
    8x60
    8x60

Calf Press
    15x550
    15x550
    15x550

Overhead Dumbbell Press
    6x80
    6x80
    6x80

Dumbbell Upright Rows
    6x40
    6x40
    6x40

Barbell Shrugs
    8x250
    8x250
    8x250

Observations
    Right now I am working to increase ROM and form to try and get the most out of each exercise with the new weight scheme.

Quad Workout
    Leg Press: Wide Foot Position
    I dropped the stops on the leg press another 2 inches. This is about as deep as I can possibly go, and puts the most emphasis on my quads that I can get. This means that the initial load had to be lightened. Heels are about 15 inches apart with the quads coming down well to the outside of my chest at the bottom of the movement.
    Hack Squats:
    Kept the same depth for these. No reason to go any deeper since I am already well below the parallel plane and running the risk of stressing my lower back. The feet are positioned to put as much emphasis on the outer sweep of the quad as possible.

Hamstring Workout
    Lying Leg Curls:
    Steady cadence with a short hold at the top and a slow negative.

Calf Workout
    Leg Press Calf Presses- Toes turned out:
    Gastrocnemius focused.

Shoulder Workout
    Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press:
    Bringing the dumbbells down to my chin until the backs of my arms go past the parallel plane. Any deeper than this and my delts disengage and my triceps take over.
    Dumbbell Upright Rows:
    Believe it or not, I am still nursing a bit of a right RC issue, so I am choosing shoulder exercises based upon my ability to work around the pain. This one fits the bill for that.

Trap Workout
    Medium Grip Barbell Shrugs:
    Done standing to try and force the traps to pull a little more work from the top. Holding and squeezing.

Final Thoughts
    I got through this workout without any issues. In a way, though, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop since I am not completely at the intensity level I plan to get to. If the current meds fail at that intensity level, I will be starting all over again. Honestly, I am somewhat prepared for that to be the case.
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 02-14-2013 at 04:08 PM.

hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad to see you back at it, hope the med's do the job. The work out you posted looks a lot different from what I have seen from you, it will be interesting to see the results as time goes. Stay strong.
    Consistency = WIN

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13

David

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    Glad to see you back at it, hope the med's do the job. The work out you posted looks a lot different from what I have seen from you, it will be interesting to see the results as time goes. Stay strong.
    Yep. It is going to be pretty different for the foreseeable future. I'll do what I've got to do to stay in this game. It makes me angry when I see the threads out in the open forum where chumps are asking to be motivated.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll do what I've got to do to stay in this game.

Says it all.

Says it all.
    Unfortunately, doing what I've got to do to stay in the game is going to require a little more time away from high intensity training than I had hoped...

Friday 2/15/13- Chest/Triceps/Back/Biceps

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    6x200
    6x200
    6x200

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    6x90
    6x90
    6x90

OH Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
    8x80
    8x80
    8x80

Weighted Bench Dips
    8x75
    8x75
    8x75

Weighted Wide Grip Pull Ups
    6xBW+40
    6xBW+40
    6xBW+40

Chest Supported Barbell Rows
    6x200
    6x200
    6x200

Tricep Bar Spider Curls
    8x135
    8x135
    8x135

Dumbbell Spider Curls
    8x40
    8x40
    8x40

Observations
    The intensity level was a little better, but still nowhere near where I would like it. For the time being, this just has to be a play it by ear type of thing.

Chest Workout
    Incline Barbell Bench Press:
    Bench angle set at a 30 degree incline, and hands 2 inches wider than before. Controlled reps focusing on working the pecs with the weight.
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
    Bench angle set at a 30 degree incline.. Controlled reps focusing on working the pecs with the weight.

Tricep Workout
    OH Dumbbell Tricep Extensions:
    This movement will be the staple for working the medial head of the tricep. Very little forearm tendon stress at this angle.
    Weighted Bench Dips:
    Trying to put as much emphasis on the triceps as possible without stressing the right RC. I was able to do this tricep pressing movement without any barking.

Back Workout
    Weighted Wide Grip Pull Ups:
    Wide grip, working to flare the lats out as much as possible at the bottom of this movement.
    Chest Supported Barbell Rows:
    Chest supported at a 30 degree angle.

Bicep Workout
    Tricep Bar Spider Curls:
    Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang at the bottom to stretch the bis, and then pulling the bar to the apex. This is my heavy work for the biceps to try and add size.
    Dumbbell Spider Curls
    Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang working both dumbbells simultaneously and getting a good squeeze at the top.

Final Thoughts
    Well, the other shoe dropped today, and the meds did not perform well. Not sure what caused it, but I had a feeling in my gut it was coming. This is very disappointing to say the least and definitely puts a damper on my training for the near future.

But I will get to that in a minute.

Hiatus

I have decided to put this journal on hiatus until I get this heart issue completely resolved. It is too difficult to keep coming in here and speculating on where my training is going to be from one day to the next. Until I get resolution and my training can move forward with high intensity on a continuous basis I see no reason to continue logging the workouts.

I will continue to train as I work with my doc, but truly I have no idea what that is going to look like right now. I am pretty sure I will be in for another round of tests with a new specialist over the next few weeks. Ultimately I will have to acclimate myself to new meds until we get it right and that will no doubt take some time.

For now, I will continue to work to hold onto what I have and then move forward when I am able.

Stay strong, my friends!

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry to hear it.

Iron out the problems. Make the necessary adjustments.

We will wait for your return.

Take care and stay positive!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aw man, what will I read while I am in the head?

Joking. Just get better, that is all I want for ya.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hiatus

I have decided to put this journal on hiatus until I get this heart issue completely resolved. It is too difficult to keep coming in here and speculating on where my training is going to be from one day to the next. Until I get resolution and my training can move forward with high intensity on a continuous basis I see no reason to continue logging the workouts.

I will continue to train as I work with my doc, but truly I have no idea what that is going to look like right now. I am pretty sure I will be in for another round of tests with a new specialist over the next few weeks. Ultimately I will have to acclimate myself to new meds until we get it right and that will no doubt take some time.

For now, I will continue to work to hold onto what I have and then move forward when I am able.

Stay strong, my friends!
    I still think that even if you come back and train just 2 weeks before the contest you can still win it all
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Prayers ascending, on-going and continuing my brother. Stay strong, have faith and turn everything else over to Him.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't have any insights or wit to share, but I'm rooting for you as always.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hiatus...

Iron Bros. no matter what.

You know where to find me if you need anything or just want to get in touch. Go take care of business...
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Ok, this is now the Official O35 chat thread for those who actually lift.

☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Stay strong, Steve (in all senses of that phrase). Prayers of healing going out for you, brother.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am just sick about this. I have waited to post because I suck at this sort of thing.

You will drive on to the objective, no matter the opposition. Drive on Airborne, Drive on.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Closed Thread
Page 255 of 314 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast