SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

Ankle weights for hanging leg raise

I have seen some light ankle weights that look like they were designed for cardio or something.

I want to weight up my hanging leg raise which may be heavier than these (eventually). Does anyone recommend any adjustable ankle weights?
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 11-21-2009 at 11:15 AM.

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    They work but like you will outgrow them quickly. I found a better way is to hold a dumbbell between your knees or feet. Alternatively, put weight plates in a rucksack and strap that to your lower legs.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
    They work but like you will outgrow them quickly. I found a better way is to hold a dumbbell between your knees or feet. Alternatively, put weight plates in a rucksack and strap that to your lower legs.
    Interesting but I'd be afraid of dropping it - I only have large adjustable olympic DBs.

If anything, they look TOO heavy duty

I think what I need is some velcro strap to attatch small plates to my ankles - like 2.5kg or so to begin with. Maybe have to hit the sewing shop...

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Most people just put a dumbbell between the feet.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Interesting but I'd be afraid of dropping it - I only have large adjustable olympic DBs.
    That's what I use. You won't drop it. Use small plates on the side underneath which you hook the insteps of your feet. You can put larger plates on the other end.

cljfox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could use a medicine ball to do leg raises on the floor or on a bench or alternatively put sand in a bag and rest that over the end of your feet.

But i personally use a 4kg dumbell in between my knees when i do bent knee raises which works really well.

Hope that helps

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you do them properly like this;

you probably won't need extra weight for a while..

Otherwise don't Argos sell them?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trythis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If anything, they look TOO heavy duty

I think what I need is some velcro strap to attatch small plates to my ankles - like 2.5kg or so to begin with. Maybe have to hit the sewing shop...
    The iron boots weigh 5lb or 7.5lb each depending on size, you add weight when ready.

Pullum Sports UK sell them UK35 pounds I have seen them on ebay UK a few times for around 5 pounds but never seen anyone bid on them.

http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/stren.../prod_503.html

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have seen some light ankle weights that look like they were designed for cardio or something.

I want to weight up my hanging leg raise which may be heavier than these (eventually). Does anyone recommend any adjustable ankle weights?
    I bought a cheap pair of 10lb ankle weights from wal mart. They cost about $20 and were adjustable. Because I only use them for leg raises they are more than enough. I keep my legs straight and do my reps pretty slow so the 10lb ones are really all I need. don't want to go heavier as I dont wish to add more muscle mass to my abs. Muscle mass on abs = a thicker waist.