valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going on a bulk for the first time ever....any tips/advice?

I entered into bodybuilding and started cutting first...never bulked before...i m not totally cut right now, but yeah i need to bulk coz i got little muscle...so any tips or advice for me for clean bulking and keeping the fat gains as little as possible with gaining as much strength as possible???

Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by valaykhunt View Post
    I entered into bodybuilding and started cutting first...never bulked before...i m not totally cut right now, but yeah i need to bulk coz i got little muscle...so any tips or advice for me for clean bulking and keeping the fat gains as little as possible with gaining as much strength as possible???
    eat something good for you and something you plan on eating alot of
    Did i just lift that?

valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valaykhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Khiemdaman View Post
    eat something good for you and something you plan on eating alot of
    i m A vegetarian...so i got no good sources of protiens except milk and whey protien and pb ...any suggestions about what foods i can eat?

plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Vegeterian? Just eat meat.. thats why animals were created. Man up..

lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i m A vegetarian...so i got no good sources of protiens except milk and whey protien and pb ...any suggestions about what foods i can eat?
    Rice for carbs I guess

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A vegetarian who is scared of fat gains...

I can already tell you that your bulk is not going to go well.

Originally Posted by Ka0s View Post
    A vegetarian who is scared of fat gains...

I can already tell you that your bulk is not going to go well.
    what do you mean by that bro?

zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My parents are vegetarian and restrict my meat flow so to speak and when they are out so need to make my own food which i am fairly bad at. when I want protein there are alot of easy options i can take which are vegetarian..

i drink alot of milk (hi-lo)
    baked beans
    eggs
    frozen foods (pizza/fish for me)
    lentils

Originally Posted by zipl3r View Post
    My parents are vegetarian and restrict my meat flow so to speak and when they are out so need to make my own food which i am fairly bad at. when I want protein there are alot of easy options i can take which are vegetarian..

i drink alot of milk (hi-lo)
    baked beans
    eggs
    frozen foods (pizza/fish for me)
    lentils
    yeah i do eat lentils, beans and milk...and also i take whey protien...will be taking creatine when i start my bulk...idk probably it should go well...still confused @ what Ka0s meant tho

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what do you mean by that bro?
    No hate against you, just

1) I've seen a lot of vegetarians on this site never gain weight
    2) I've seen a lot of people on this site who are scared of putting on a little fat never gain weight

You combine both of these problems, so I can't see you as being in a good position to do a successful bulk.

No hate against you, just

1) I've seen a lot of vegetarians on this site never gain weight
    2) I've seen a lot of people on this site who are scared of putting on a little fat never gain weight

You combine both of these problems, so I can't see you as being in a good position to do a successful bulk.
    k i wouldnt stop my bulk if i gained fat...its just that i would like to keep it minimal if possible...i plan on consuming 2500 cals w/ approx 160-170 g of protien...i know cals are low but they are pretty over 500 of my maintenance cals...would that help me gain?

k i wouldnt stop my bulk if i gained fat...its just that i would like to keep it minimal if possible...i plan on consuming 2500 cals w/ approx 160-170 g of protien...i know cals are low but they are pretty over 500 of my maintenance cals...would that help me gain?
    There's no way to know what your maintenance is... An online calculator can give you a rough estimate but many times they're not even close. Just eat a lot for a few weeks, track your progress, if you're gaining too much weight (getting too fat) for your liking, reduce cals, if you're not gaining enough (or at all) add more cals. Naw mean?

There's no way to know what your maintenance is... An online calculator can give you a rough estimate but many times they're not even close. Just eat a lot for a few weeks, track your progress, if you're gaining too much weight (getting too fat) for your liking, reduce cals, if you're not gaining enough (or at all) add more cals. Naw mean?
    yeah i get it...makes sense...but as long as i get my protien i would gain mass right?

yeah i get it...makes sense...but as long as i get my protien i would gain mass right?
    Not necessarily. Protein is important for muscle repair & growth, but without an excess of calories you will not put on any mass.

Not necessarily. Protein is important for muscle repair & growth, but without an excess of calories you will not put on any mass.
    sorry to be a noob, but how does calories help in putting on mass? i though that protien built and repaired the muscle hence adding mass...

sorry to be a noob, but how does calories help in putting on mass? i though that protien built and repaired the muscle hence adding mass...
    Let me answer your question with a question:

How can you gain weight if you're not eating a surplus of calories?

Let me answer your question with a question:

How can you gain weight if you're not eating a surplus of calories?
    if i eat surplus of calories, wont that be converted all into fat?

if i eat surplus of calories, wont that be converted all into fat?
    Good luck with your bulk!

Good luck with your bulk!
    omg, i dont know **** about bulking thats why i m asking stuff..help

eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eNaCaipg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eggs, soy, all kind of nuts, some whole grains have a fair amount of protein...so does fruits...and dairy products...

omg, i dont know **** about bulking thats why i m asking stuff..help
    Tried to find a good article for you to learn more:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne2.htm

Read, think about it, read again, report back with questions

plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat 500-750 calories above maintainence, to find out your maintenence use a calorie maintenence calculator, if you eat 750+ calories above maintainence you will gain more fat

but hey, dont be afraid of fat. Otherwise don't bulk

beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did the vego thing for a bit, no offense but I leaned out and gained muscle when I stopped (was vego for a year). Felt sooo much better. Would think about considering doing it again, just for that feeling of eating meat again.. Haha

-Nutmeat (this actually tastes delicious)
    - Cottage cheese
    - Lentils
    - Tofu
    - Soy Sausages (ugh)
    - Eggs, egg whites

That's pretty much all the protein I ate. Plus heaps of vegetables.

The tips I would give are make sure the weight you're gaining is muscle, not just fat. If you find yourself gaining too much fat, slow down and reassess how clean/healthy your diet is, how much you're eating and the intensity/amount/type of exercise you're doing.
    400/230/445@165lbs
    182.5/105/202/5@75kg

Yeah I think I got the concept of bulking...eat more calories, eat more protien, eat more often right?..but should a skinny fat kid bulk? Lol and when do people start cutting for summer