Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'9", 150 lbs
    MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit MrKuro's BodySpace

Should teenagers get the death penalty?

Or at least charged as an adult? I always thought that if somebody kills, rapes or does anything of that nature, they should get the death penalty. If an adult does that, its pretty much automatic unless he was Clyde Sheldon.

But what if, lets say, a 14 year old boy does it? At what age can a teen be charged as an adult? I'm sure there are arguments that a teenager can change their ways, but why cant an adult do that? I believe that anytime it happens more than once, they obviously know what their doing, and therefore they should get the death penalty.

Discuss.
    1RM Lifting Stats:
    Exercise / Starting / Current / Goal
    Bench / 90 / 205 / 300
    Squat / 150 / 275 / 350
    Deadlift / 225 / 225 / 375
    Hang Clean / 100 / 135 / 190
    BTN Push Press / 120 / 160 / 280

Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Will.i_am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Will.i_am's BodySpace
    In theory I'd say no. After all, if some states those under the age of 18 don't have the adult capacity to consent to sex then it's hard for the state to say he committed something with an intent worthy of the death penalty since it's been the position of the state that they don't think at an adult's capacity.

But then you hear about terrible things kids do to each other like this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/27/...ion/index.html
    And then said theory vanishes.

BodyPoints: 145
    stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit stateless's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by MrKuro View Post
    Or at least charged as an adult? I always thought that if somebody kills, rapes or does anything of that nature, they should get the death penalty. If an adult does that, its pretty much automatic unless he was Clyde Sheldon.

But what if, lets say, a 14 year old boy does it? At what age can a teen be charged as an adult? I'm sure there are arguments that a teenager can change their ways, but why cant an adult do that? I believe that anytime it happens more than once, they obviously know what their doing, and therefore they should get the death penalty.

Discuss.
    Depends on the state, or country. Killers are not automatically put to death in some states.

As for the age issue, it's a difficult one, but do you agree that there should be an age of responsibility? If you do, then I assume that it has to be set at one age of another.. If you don't then would you be happy with a five year old being put to death for murder?

Stats: 5'9", 150 lbs
    MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrKuro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit MrKuro's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    Depends on the state, or country. Killers are not automatically put to death in some states.

As for the age issue, it's a difficult one, but do you agree that there should be an age of responsibility? If you do, then I assume that it has to be set at one age of another.. If you don't then would you be happy with a five year old being put to death for murder?
    True, but I dont think that the 5 year old has the mental capacity to understand. I believe that at around 14, you understand that people are important and if its a one time thing, they shouldnt be charged, but if it happens more than once, they have already been reprimanded the first time, which means that they understand that doing it is wrong if their being punished, and they should be charged.
    1RM Lifting Stats:
    Exercise / Starting / Current / Goal
    Bench / 90 / 205 / 300
    Squat / 150 / 275 / 350
    Deadlift / 225 / 225 / 375
    Hang Clean / 100 / 135 / 190
    BTN Push Press / 120 / 160 / 280

BodyPoints: 145
    stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stateless has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit stateless's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by MrKuro View Post
    True, but I dont think that the 5 year old has the mental capacity to understand. I believe that at around 14, you understand that people are important and if its a one time thing, they shouldnt be charged, but if it happens more than once, they have already been reprimanded the first time, which means that they understand that doing it is wrong if their being punished, and they should be charged.
    It's certainly a tricky area. In the UK, one of the most famous crimes of recent years was the murder of James Bulger, by two ten year olds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

The outrage was certainly greater than if an adult had commited this crime, perhaps because people don't expect children to commit such heinous crimes. The two boys, served 8 years in prison and now have new identities.

Children/Teenagers reach mental maturity at various ages, so it's difficult to understand if somebody truly has the capacity to understand the extent of their actions. Perhaps many adults also are not mature and equally do not fully understand or appreciate their actions though. It's a question without an answer, though from somebody in a country without the death penalty (UK) I can envisage living in a society which executes over 18's. Anything under that age though, and perhaps I would start to question whether the country I'm living in is too far removed from my own ideals for me to want to remain here.