Do you have any Benadryl? dmaxcamss's Avatar
    dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Coffee vs. Pre-workout supplements?

Ok, we all know Superpump 250, Jack3d, Shock Therapy, Dark Rage, etc. are all well known pre-workout supplements, but how does just plain coffee stack up to it? When I say plain coffee, I mean black, no sugar, no cream, etc. I've never drank coffee before without it, so I'd imagine it would take some getting used to.

Another important question that should be asked is, all the pre-workouts that I mentioned above and any for that matter, what else does it provide, besides energy, stamina, and more pumps? I would think coffee would do all of that, but I could be wrong.

I've tried NoExplode, Shock Therapy, Superpump 250, White Flood, and I'm sure there is 1 or 2 more than I'm forgetting. To be honest with you, my results from these products fluctuate. It seems that 1 scoop of any of them only works sometimes as I'd imagine that I need to up the dose.

Anyhow, I'm bringing this up because maybe I should just stop taking these pre-workout supplements and just do coffee. I know before I got all serious with working out, had a late night out with drinking, and had to be at work early the next day, coffee helped out like no other. So I would guess that it would pump me up before the gym.

What do you think?

zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50) zOneFive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmaxcamss View Post
    Ok, we all know Superpump 250, Jack3d, Shock Therapy, Dark Rage, etc. are all well known pre-workout supplements, but how does just plain coffee stack up to it? When I say plain coffee, I mean black, no sugar, no cream, etc. I've never drank coffee before without it, so I'd imagine it would take some getting used to.

Another important question that should be asked is, all the pre-workouts that I mentioned above and any for that matter, what else does it provide, besides energy, stamina, and more pumps? I would think coffee would do all of that, but I could be wrong.

I've tried NoExplode, Shock Therapy, Superpump 250, White Flood, and I'm sure there is 1 or 2 more than I'm forgetting. To be honest with you, my results from these products fluctuate. It seems that 1 scoop of any of them only works sometimes as I'd imagine that I need to up the dose.

Anyhow, I'm bringing this up because maybe I should just stop taking these pre-workout supplements and just do coffee. I know before I got all serious with working out, had a late night out with drinking, and had to be at work early the next day, coffee helped out like no other. So I would guess that it would pump me up before the gym.

What do you think?
    Coffee would provide Caffeine, but thats about it.. it doesn't contain creatine, beta-alanine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine, etc. that the popular preworkout drinks contain.

Other than a little energy, probably not much else.

dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmaxcamss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can buy creatine and beta-alanine separately.

IntrAbolic has beta-alanine but no creatine.

I was thinking about taking SizeOn and it has creatines but no beta-alanine.

jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000) jkeezo is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can buy creatine and beta-alanine separately.

IntrAbolic has beta-alanine but no creatine.

I was thinking about taking SizeOn and it has creatines but no beta-alanine.
    Just throw the creatine and beta-alanine in with your coffee then! I'm sure it will be delicious...

pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What do you think?

I tried it once in a while cold. it was ok, but it actually seemed like it wore off pretty quick and made me more tired. Why not just caffein pills at 200mg per pill?

Any other opinions?

dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would just drink coffee, you can get 2lbs for around 6 bucks and it will last you a long time.

As far as pumps go as long as your cycling carbs throughout the day and train hard you can get just as much of a pump.

Don't get me wrong those are all good products but for the money coffee is my personal choice.

Plus it tastes amazing

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dangoadam View Post
    I would just drink coffee, you can get 2lbs for around 6 bucks and it will last you a long time.

As far as pumps go as long as your cycling carbs throughout the day and train hard you can get just as much of a pump.

Don't get me wrong those are all good products but for the money coffee is my personal choice.

Plus it tastes amazing
    hard to argue with that

I just know there's some people who don't believe in pre-workout supplements and it just so happens that those some people use coffee instead, along with a good diet.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just know there's some people who don't believe in pre-workout supplements and it just so happens that those some people use coffee instead, along with a good diet.
    Nothing wrong with it. Coffee is more than just caffeine also providing assorted polyphenols with health benefits.

Hrmm, did not know that. I thought coffee was just for a boost.

Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hrmm, did not know that. I thought coffee was just for a boost.
    Coffee has a lot of health benefits. Even better if it is not roasted as the bean is full of good shiat... chlorogenic acid for example is great for blood sugar and blood pressure, but the roasting process destroys much of it. Many of the compounds complement each other and work synergistically. Green coffee bean ext. is a cool ingredient is some formulas, esp. fat loss formulas.

dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoadam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Plus coffee tastes better then most pre workout drinks imo

Originally Posted by dangoadam View Post
    Plus coffee tastes better then most pre workout drinks imo
    It is one of those guilt free joys in life! Oh and enjoy it black.

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I prefer coffee. The buzz is great and I always know what I'm going to get.

So if I go the coffee route once I finish my SP250, I need to get a coffee that's not roasted?

fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im a long time expresso drinker and you just cant compare the effects of a coffee with a pre workout mix like white flood,with coffee i get a 30 minute buzz with the white flood i get a 6 hour buzz.

crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on the person, sometimes I skip the pre work out drink and just take a double shot of expresso pre workout and it does the trick for me. Try it out and see if it works for you.
    A wise man knows his limits, A great man knows he has none.

naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok I will try coffee for my next routine. However when will I drink it? Before 15 minutes, 30 minutes or just before the training?

crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say 30 minutes prior to training.
    A wise man knows his limits, A great man knows he has none.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on what type of pre-workout you're taking. Although the whole pump thing is total broscience, most of them still have beneficial compounds beyond stimulants. However, if you just want a stimulant boost of some type, coffee would be fine. It doesn't only have caffeine: it's got other methylxanthines such as theophylline and theobromine.
    I want to touch the butt.

naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naim06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by fischetti View Post
    Im a long time expresso drinker and you just cant compare the effects of a coffee with a pre workout mix like white flood,with coffee i get a 30 minute buzz with the white flood i get a 6 hour buzz.

I am sure 30 min buzz is enough for me.

s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fischetti View Post
    That is because you fail to realize the exorbitant amount of caffeine in White Flood. If you took 4-5 shots of espresso, you would reconsider wasting your money on such supplements.
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a good PRE all the way

fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10) fischetti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by s2farsi View Post
    That is because you fail to realize the exorbitant amount of caffeine in White Flood. If you took 4-5 shots of espresso, you would reconsider wasting your money on such supplements.
    I don't take white flood or any pre workout drink for the buzz alone their are extras like nitric oxide and focus agents and yes i know white flood contains loads of caffeine as all pre workout formulas i was not born yesterday.You are limited from what you can get from a cup of coffee.
    Last edited by fischetti; 11-23-2009 at 03:25 AM.