Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)

Oak's "I think ill go pro" training log....

When I started this whole thing 2 years ago, it was just to "get back in shape" and win a transformation contest at my local gym. So, I ditched the fat guy physique. The next step in my journery started when I got the bright idea to "get into competition shape".....I just wanted to do it once.....just to do it. I just wanted to step on stage and see what it was like. My goal was to get into good enough condition that I wouldnt feel out of place on a bb'ing stage. From the first moments on stage, I was hooked. I didnt win, but I placed well enough to not be embarassed, meanwhile fueling the want for more. So, I took the critiques that were given to me and used that to keep pushing. That was last fall....I just wanted to get up there......this year I went in to win. And I did. I had the chance to taste victory twice this season with two middleweight class wins. And in my first show of the season, I came close enough to the overall that I have begun to think that going pro is not only possible, but ive got a pretty decent shot at it. So, this thread is the start of the next leg of my journey.......I want to go pro. To me, this seems like the next most logical step in my progress as a bodybuilder. I love this sport and plan on sticking with it. And its not really an option to sit and stagnate. I gotta improve......I need to better myself and become more competitive.

I dont know when this goal will be met and I dont care to make predictions because I know I have some work to do and progress takes time in this business......especially when there are other priorities in life. I plan to compete either fall of 2010 or spring of 2011......im tentatively shooting for two local INBF shows in October of 2010 but if I dont feel ive improved significantly, I may hold off until spring.

My plan has started with a change in my training split. I've read of a lot of success using the power/hypertrophy split. In one of my discussions with Tommy Jeffers, he had convinced my that I should at least give it a try. So I will. My goal this offseason is to continue to improve my lower body while maintaining the upper. I dont want to add any more size to my shoulders, back, chest and arms until my legs make them look small. My secondary goals are to improve my lower back development and my abdominal development. My abs have always been a back burner muscle group and I dont think I have EVER focused on them......and its become somewhat apparant as I stand next to other competitors with better development that thicker abs bring the package together. The appearance of better conditioning can be had with better ab development. Finally, my last goal is to come in next October with that next step in conditioning......just that extra bit that I was lacking.....that last bit of graininess that wasnt there. I recognize that this is somewhat attributed to lack of musculature, but I will also be watching the diet in the offseason and not coming outside of 30lbs or so over contest weight and then I plan on dieting for a full 20 weeks before my next show.

So, God willing, ill be joining the ranks within the next year or so! Time to get down to bidness.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    First!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)

First Big and Bulky workouts.

I've logged three sessions this week....well, logged them in my head. Ill try to remember as best I can what I did so I can at least get it on record here.

MONDAY - LOWER POWER

ATTG SQUATS

335 X 3
    315 X 4
    315 X 4

SLDL's

315 X 6
    315 X 5
    315 X 5

DB LUNGES

80's X 6 per leg
    80's X 5 per leg

Weird to look at that low volume ^. Great session though. Ive never done a session like this and it was unusual to not feel a pump or a burn. The low reps just sap the heck out of your CNS and really make you tired. No lack of huffing, puffing and sweating on this day.

TUESDAY - UPPER POWER

SMITH MACHINE BENCH PRESS

275 X 7
    300 X 5
    300 X 4
    300 X 4

DB SHOULDER PRESS

95's X 3
    90's X 5
    90's X 4

BARBELL ROWS

225 X 7
    245 X 5
    245 X 5

^^Again, strange not to get pumped....gonna take some getting used to. Kinda fun throwing around some weight though. This day is going to make me wish I had a partner more than any other. I want to be able to do free bar bench, but im not stacking 300 lbs on a bar without a spot. The smith will have to do. I felt really weak with the DB presses, but I think my shoulders and tris got zapped a bit from the bench presses. Normally, I can push more weight with shoulders.

3DMJ Athlete

BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000) BBTake2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will definitely be following this one along Oak!

Just out of curiosity, had you been in bb shape before becoming a fat guy, even though you did not compete? Or, have you only been lifting for 2 years?

Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    First!
    Yea, buddy!

Originally Posted by BBTake2 View Post
    Will definitely be following this one along Oak!

Just out of curiosity, had you been in bb shape before becoming a fat guy, even though you did not compete? Or, have you only been lifting for 2 years?
    I had lifted like a bodybuilder through high school and college.....and I ate like a freak and could get away with it. I never had the will to compete, so I never studied the diet end of it. Then I got married, kids, house, etc.......woke up one day and my metabolism crapped out. And I stopped lifting b/c of other responsibilities. But I kept eating. Bad combination. So, yea, I had a base to work with.

3DMJ Athlete

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sean,..not sure how you trained previuos to this but I think you will notice some great gains in the Power work,..the pump will come during the Hypertrophy training.

I done strictly the power training for the last 18 months with great gains and pretty good conditioning,..I may be jumping on a similar split like you are also!

Mr. Future Pro!
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    ^^Again, strange not to get pumped....gonna take some getting used to. Kinda fun throwing around some weight though. This day is going to make me wish I had a partner more than any other. I want to be able to do free bar bench, but im not stacking 300 lbs on a bar without a spot. The smith will have to do. I felt really weak with the DB presses, but I think my shoulders and tris got zapped a bit from the bench presses. Normally, I can push more weight with shoulders.
    1) Pick up phone and text
    2) Get in car
    3) Drive 20 minutes west
    4) Get a brutal workout with spots

The power days are awesome. You get to move some serious weight. Then, on hyper days you get to chase that pump that we all love. Also, the shoulders felt fried becaus you're probably used to doing those fresh as your main shoulder builder on their own day. When I first went to an Upper/Lower type split, I had a few difficulties with that. Within a few weeks, your body should adapt.

oh, btw sub'd

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL join the club I am shooting for pro card this year. Before (early 2000's) I was happy doing armature shows. I will follow along on this. ^5 and good luck.
    I am INBF and wheelchair, but want to see who gets there first as a little competitive incentive/push?
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    Sean,..not sure how you trained previuos to this but I think you will notice some great gains in the Power work,..the pump will come during the Hypertrophy training.

I done strictly the power training for the last 18 months with great gains and pretty good conditioning,..I may be jumping on a similar split like you are also!

Mr. Future Pro!
    Im looking forward to seeing how its gonna go. So far I like!

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    1) Pick up phone and text
    2) Get in car
    3) Drive 20 minutes west
    4) Get a brutal workout with spots

oh, btw sub'd
    Yes, we gotta get something going. When is your next power upper? Ill be going again on tuesday right after school.

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    LOL join the club I am shooting for pro card this year. Before (early 2000's) I was happy doing armature shows. I will follow along on this. ^5 and good luck.
    I am INBF and wheelchair, but want to see who gets there first as a little competitive incentive/push?

Thanks for jumping in. Good luck in your quest. Ive got to give you a lot of props. As for seeing who gets there first.....im a pretty competitive guy, but I dont really see the need for a race! Ive only been at it 2 yrs and if it takes me another year......or 2 yrs, so be it......im dont have motivation issues in the gym. I love the iron and love pushing myself.....but if it makes you work harder....OK.....ready, set GO! He he he.

3DMJ Athlete

Just finished my LOWER HYPER DAY.........THERE'S the BURN!!! He he!!

SMITH SQUATS

315 X 13
    365 X 9
    365 X 9

HACK SQUATS - (Feet and knees together tight- real deep)

3 Plates X 13
    3 Plates +25's X 11
    3 Plates + 25's X 9

LEG EXTENSIONS

170 X 10
    170 X 10.5

ABDUCTORS

120 X 20
    150 X 15

My hamstrings are completely destroyed from Monday still, so I tried to leave them out as much as possible today. But overall, I like this split so far. Reducing the volume and increasing frequency kind of makes legs a little less daunting. I didnt feel quite like I got hit by a bus when I left today. Time will tell if this is a good thing or not. Part of me says I should feel like death when I leave the gym, but the other part of me says that breaking things up will give me better recovery and more focus on the given rep range for the day.

3DMJ Athlete

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im looking forward to seeing how its gonna go. So far I like!

Yes, we gotta get something going. When is your next power upper? Ill be going again on tuesday right after school.

Thanks for jumping in. Good luck in your quest. Ive got to give you a lot of props. As for seeing who gets there first.....im a pretty competitive guy, but I dont really see the need for a race! Ive only been at it 2 yrs and if it takes me another year......or 2 yrs, so be it......im dont have motivation issues in the gym. I love the iron and love pushing myself.....but if it makes you work harder....OK.....ready, set GO! He he he.
    I don't have a motivation problem eather. See my comp history, and I train alone.
    I just though it would be a fun little play time thing. I have to do a super pro-qualifier and have more than 5 people in my class to win pro-card seen as wheelchair arn't open class and can't do pose downs. Like I said just thought it could be a fun how are we doing thing seen as we both are hitting this new goal at same time.

Eather way good luck and I will be following your progress. ^5
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Going pro, eh? Seems like a good idea to me!

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    I don't have a motivation problem eather. See my comp history, and I train alone.
    I just though it would be a fun little play time thing. I have to do a super pro-qualifier and have more than 5 people in my class to win pro-card seen as wheelchair arn't open class and can't do pose downs. Like I said just thought it could be a fun how are we doing thing seen as we both are hitting this new goal at same time.

Eather way good luck and I will be following your progress. ^5
    Cool man. I wish you luck as well. Hit it hard, man!!!

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Going pro, eh? Seems like a good idea to me!
    Eh....something to do.

3DMJ Athlete

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)

Well, my upper power day is going to be tomorrow or Sat. depending on my schedule. Lower Power is on Sunday.

I will be doing an upper split on tuesday, so that might work...I'll have to do a little higher volume and maybe some different excercises though.

Just finished my LOWER HYPER DAY.........THERE'S the BURN!!! He he!!

SMITH SQUATS

315 X 13
    365 X 9
    365 X 9

HACK SQUATS - (Feet and knees together tight- real deep)

3 Plates X 13
    3 Plates +25's X 11
    3 Plates + 25's X 9

LEG EXTENSIONS

170 X 10
    170 X 10.5

ABDUCTORS

120 X 20
    150 X 15

My hamstrings are completely destroyed from Monday still, so I tried to leave them out as much as possible today. But overall, I like this split so far. Reducing the volume and increasing frequency kind of makes legs a little less daunting. I didnt feel quite like I got hit by a bus when I left today. Time will tell if this is a good thing or not. Part of me says I should feel like death when I leave the gym, but the other part of me says that breaking things up will give me better recovery and more focus on the given rep range for the day.
    That's okay. It'll take a little while to get used to training the legs this way but you will adapt. It's the Repeated Bout Effect (like tommy talked about in my log). Tommy may want to clarify a little more if he pops in but you may want to look at making some changes on the lower hyper day.

It's my understanding that you are going to want to roughly double the volume on the hyper days. THESE are the days that you feel like you got hit by a bus. It looks like you are a little light on the volume today.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Nice! I'll be following!!!
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome Oak! I was impressed with your round of shows this past year and what you brought to stage. Keep smashing those wheels, but let those strong points be strong points.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, my upper power day is going to be tomorrow or Sat. depending on my schedule. Lower Power is on Sunday.

I will be doing an upper split on tuesday, so that might work...I'll have to do a little higher volume and maybe some different excercises though.

That's okay. It'll take a little while to get used to training the legs this way but you will adapt. It's the Repeated Bout Effect (like tommy talked about in my log). Tommy may want to clarify a little more if he pops in but you may want to look at making some changes on the lower hyper day.

It's my understanding that you are going to want to roughly double the volume on the hyper days. THESE are the days that you feel like you got hit by a bus. It looks like you are a little light on the volume today.
    I do agree that as Sean gets back to normal and everything starts to fire optimally, breaking PRs, etc., that he should really try to find the threshold of what his body can handle...as we all should

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

I will be doing an upper split on tuesday, so that might work...I'll have to do a little higher volume and maybe some different excercises though. .
    Well, lets talk Monday and see if we can iron something out.

Hmmmm.....I have not heard/read this before now. Maybe I havent read enough. It was my understanding that if youre training the body part twice a week, you want to reduce volume (on each day) so youre really hitting the body part about the same to a touch more (in volume) but still able to focus on the individual rep ranges. Wouldnt doubling the volume on hyper day lead to overtraining by increasing the overall volume significantly?

It does FEEL a little light on volume, but I in reality I hit my legs with a touch more volume in two days than I normally would in one (hit by a bus) training day. I attributed the lack of death feel to fact that I split up the workout. But, I FEEL like I could push harder on hyper day.....perhaps a drop set or two or whatever. Thanks for the food for thought.....

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Nice! I'll be following!!!
    Thanks man!

Originally Posted by rich55 View Post
    Awesome Oak! I was impressed with your round of shows this past year and what you brought to stage. Keep smashing those wheels, but let those strong points be strong points.
    Thanks Rich. I was pretty happy with my improvements since last year, but this coming will be even better as I increase leg development and better my conditioning another notch.

Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    I do agree that as Sean gets back to normal and everything starts to fire optimally, breaking PRs, etc., that he should really try to find the threshold of what his body can handle...as we all should

Sporto
    Tommy......what do you specifically think about doubling the volume on hyper day (as compared to power day) as a general rule of thumb?

3DMJ Athlete

Exclamation

Clean out your PM box... I was going to PM you this but I'll clutter your log instead.

You working out today sucka??

I'm gonna be in your town all day at NYS championships at the WAC. I'm guessing it'll be done around 2:30-3:30 but that's hard to judge. If you were going to hit the gym anyways, I could try to meet up with you. I'm just not sure exactly when I'll be done so I wouldn't want you to switch your schedule around or anything.

If so, I'll pack a shake and some carby's.

Clean out your PM box... I was going to PM you this but I'll clutter your log instead.

You working out today sucka??

I'm gonna be in your town all day at NYS championships at the WAC. I'm guessing it'll be done around 2:30-3:30 but that's hard to judge. If you were going to hit the gym anyways, I could try to meet up with you. I'm just not sure exactly when I'll be done so I wouldn't want you to switch your schedule around or anything.

If so, I'll pack a shake and some carby's.
    I actually did my back and shoulder hyper workout this morning at 6AM. Its our wedding anniversary this weekend and my wife and I are going out to Syracuse to drop the kids off at my parent's for a date night. So, we have to jet at about 3:30 today. Bummer. But im gonna enjoy my italian dinner!

3DMJ Athlete

I actually did my back and shoulder hyper workout this morning at 6AM. Its our wedding anniversary this weekend and my wife and I are going out to Syracuse to drop the kids off at my parent's for a date night. So, we have to jet at about 3:30 today. Bummer. But im gonna enjoy my italian dinner!
    Ah...that's cool. Enjoy date night and Happy Anniversary! Eat all kinds of yummy food for me

I'll catch up with ya later.

Ah...that's cool. Enjoy date night and Happy Anniversary! Eat all kinds of yummy food for me

I'll catch up with ya later.
    If I get a chance to sneak out, ill swing by the WAC to say hey. Also, LMK....if you want to train at Golds anyways, ive got some free passes I could drop off to you.

3DMJ Athlete

If I get a chance to sneak out, ill swing by the WAC to say hey.
    Cool. It'll be a mad house! but fun. Just text me if you're heading over.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tommy......what do you specifically think about doubling the volume on hyper day (as compared to power day) as a general rule of thumb?
    Tommy Likey! Tommy Want Wingey!

Sporto

~ Just use failure sparingly and you'll be fine!
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sporto

This is all starting to make sense now.
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

Sporto

Well. ALRIGHT.

3DMJ Athlete

Rough weekend for bodybuilding. Been eating like a real champ. My wife and I went out for our anniversary and went to an Italian place. I got their "platter". Came with Lasagna, ravioli, rigatoni, sausage and meatballs. I did exercise some restraint and only ate about 3/4 of the plate. Still, probably a 1000 calorie meal, easily. THen, off to the movies.....saw 2012 b/c the Sandra Bullock football movie was all sold out. Its a three hour show so of course, i ate crap for all three hours.....managing to eat through about a half of a 12oz bag of peanut m&m's and half bag of popcorn. But, like a real fat person, I did drink diet pepsi. We spent the night at a hotel to get away from the chillens for a night and I did have a canoli later that night. Woke up and had the hotel breakfast.....waffles, sausage and bagel sandwich, donut, etc. And then for lunch yesterday I had two slices of pizza. ANd then, my mom made dinner and it was generally a healthy meal, but I overate a bit and then washed it all down with ice cream.

On a positive bodybuilding note, I did make it to the gym in the midst of this calorie frenzy and got one, massively sick pump going on a chest and arms hyper day. I thought my skin was going to split open. Chest is pretty sore this morning. So, maybe some of those cals will go to something other than making me fatter?

3DMJ Athlete

Got a non-bodybuilder diet question......... I've been really encouraging my mom to get into shape b/c shes pretty overweight and is having some health problems that could be cured by losing 50 lbs or so. Last night she agreed to let me write a diet and she agreed to set aside time each saturday prepping her meals for her busy work week.

So, she is 51 yrs old. And, im guessing weighs about 200......dont want to ask about that number! I really just took a shot in the dark for cals and placed her at about 1500 to start and told her to give it two weeks and record her weight and we can make adjustments. I set her macros at 150P/125C/44F.....I kept her fat relatively high because she's big on butter and olive oil for cooking. I told her that was fine, but limit it to X number of TBSP's. For practicality, I assigned different food choices with serving sizes and told her she can choose X number of servings from this column, x number from this column, etc. That way she can make her own meals up and as long as shes following the serving suggestions, she gonna be in that macro ballpark. Anyone have any general diet knowledge? Is this a good ballpark? She not active, but she tries to get on the recumbent bike a couple times a week. Im obviously encouraging her to increase that cardio though.
    Last edited by AustrianOakJr; 11-22-2009 at 06:08 AM.

3DMJ Athlete

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got a non-bodybuilder diet question......... I've been really encouraging my mom to get into shape b/c shes pretty overweight and is having some health problems that could be cured by losing 50 lbs or so. Last night she agreed to let me write a diet and she agreed to set aside time each saturday prepping her meals for her busy work week.

So, she is 51 yrs old. And, im guessing weighs about 200......dont want to ask about that number! I really just took a shot in the dark for cals and placed her at about 1500 to start and told her to give it two weeks and record her weight and we can make adjustments. I set her macros at 150P/125C/44F.....I kept her fat relatively high because she's big on butter and olive oil for cooking. I told her that was fine, but limit it to X number of TBSP's. For practicality, I assigned different food choices with serving sizes and told her she can choose X number of servings from this column, x number from this column, etc. That way she can make her own meals up and as long as shes following the serving suggestions, she gonna be in that macro ballpark. Anyone have any general diet knowledge? Is this a good ballpark? She not active, but she tries to get on the recumbent bike a couple times a week. Im obviously encouraging her to increase that cardio though.
    What is her RMR, guesstimate?

And if she takes care of a household, she may be more active than you think.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    What is her RMR, guesstimate?

And if she takes care of a household, she may be more active than you think.
    Her resting heart rate is 70 BPM.

3DMJ Athlete