Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fitbanker View Post
    Sean, just sub'd to this thread and looking forward to progress! I have been using a strictly strength training routine for the past 9 months with excellent strength gains, in my opinion. Initially, didn't like the switch over from hypertrophic training and not having any pump at all! But the gains in strength and new PRs in all of my lifts began to replace the "feeling of the pump" in my workouts. I've now transitioned back to hypertrophic training. The pump is back and I'm loving it too! Also, with the strength gains made over this year, I'm now able to work harder and focused on my goal of gaining size during this phase of training.

Good luck with your goals for the next year, and much success with your training!
    Thats interesting. No hyper training at all? I guess thats good for building big slabs of beef, right? Thanks for sharing......good luck in your training!

Originally Posted by Cure View Post
    Oak, hope i'm not derailing your journal...let me know if i am
    Not at all.....im just learning this stuff as I go, so ask away!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    You guys are a'ight. THanks. Im glad that I asked b/c I would have just kept cranking it out until my head exploded one day in the gym or my arms ripped off at the shoulders while trying to deadlift SUV's in the parking lot.

So, when you guys are talking about %'s......I assume you are referring to a % of your 1 rep max, right? So, there are weeks where I will be doing one rep max's (100% weeks) on all my exercises? That would constitute a set.....just one rep?

Thanks guys. Glad to have you stop in.
    Big man, i use the % of my 5rm. So 100% week obviously just lifting your current 5RM for 1 set.

Just wanted to know if rep scheme stays the same even though weight decrases?

Oak, hope i'm not derailing your journal...let me know if i am

As the intensity goes up the volume (number of sets) will have to accomodate by going down - at a lower intensity for instance on 70 and 80% week you can perform more volume because the intensity is lower.
    Stay humble. I will never see myself as even an above average bodybuilder. Regardless of how many shows you win, stay grounded and aim for improvement.

-Brian Whitacre

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oak its not a % of your 1rm unless your working on just one rep that week...

if you hit 5 reps at 90% that means your working with 90% of your 5 rep max, you follow me?

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    oak its not a % of your 1rm unless your working on just one rep that week...

if you hit 5 reps at 90% that means your working with 90% of your 5 rep max, you follow me?
    I understand that, but how do you determine that youre training at "90%"?

3DMJ Athlete

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you multiply you 5rm max by .9

maybe I'm not following your question?

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You make me dizzy. And it's not the smell this time.

If you hit 5 reps at 90%, the 90% refers to 90% of your 1 rep max, I would think. You'd figure that out by... finding your max through onsies (or calculating using one of those calculator things online).

Your 5 rep max would be the same thing, but found by hitting your highest weight achievable at 5 reps (as in you couldn't possibly hit a sixth rep). Or, using your 1RM and using a rep calculator. They're close enough.

The percentages referred to under the program are probably percentages of your 5 rep max (although I'm sure you could tweak this and use your 3 RM, or your 6 RM, and so on as you feel it out). So if you can only hit 200 pounds in a movement for 5 reps, then when you're using 90% of your max for this program you'd be using 180 pounds. Or 1,800 if you're me.

And congrats on your decision to go pro. I was kinda hoping it was that easy. I think I'll go pro too.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    You make me dizzy. And it's not the smell this time.

If you hit 5 reps at 90%, the 90% refers to 90% of your 1 rep max, I would think. You'd figure that out by... finding your max through onsies (or calculating using one of those calculator things online).

Your 5 rep max would be the same thing, but found by hitting your highest weight achievable at 5 reps (as in you couldn't possibly hit a sixth rep). Or, using your 1RM and using a rep calculator. They're close enough.

The percentages referred to under the program are probably percentages of your 5 rep max (although I'm sure you could tweak this and use your 3 RM, or your 6 RM, and so on as you feel it out). So if you can only hit 200 pounds in a movement for 5 reps, then when you're using 90% of your max for this program you'd be using 180 pounds. Or 1,800 if you're me..
    Ahh....Jimmy. You are still alive. Nice. Good to hear from you. Thats pretty much what I was thinking....minus the 1800 lb part. Tanks. Sucka. Im gonna try and give you a ring at some point this weekend to catch up on baby stuff.....so be prepared.

And congrats on your decision to go pro. I was kinda hoping it was that easy. I think I'll go pro too.

I knew you would get the sarcasm in my title.

3DMJ Athlete

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The percentages referred to under the program are probably percentages of your 5 rep max (although I'm sure you could tweak this and use your 3 RM, or your 6 RM, and so on as you feel it out). So if you can only hit 200 pounds in a movement for 5 reps, then when you're using 90% of your max for this program you'd be using 180 pounds. Or 1,800 if you're me.
    This would be correct. I will warn you that when you deload and build back it seems weird if you're used to grinding it out each week. 60% of your 5 rep max is going to be a joke. Just think about good form, and using a dynamic type effort to move the weight. Once you get up to 82.5% and 90% it starts to get real... my understanding is that 60% lifted dynamically is still enough weight for you to not loose strength but it is light enough to let the joints recover. Then you build back up.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ahh....Jimmy. You are still alive. Nice. Good to hear from you. Thats pretty much what I was thinking....minus the 1800 lb part. Tanks. Sucka. Im gonna try and give you a ring at some point this weekend to catch up on baby stuff.....so be prepared.
    Yep - still alive. Alive and WELL in fact. Just last night, for instance, I did ten pushups. Uh huh - not kidding. Ten. So I'm pretty much on top of my game. Gym is completely cleared out of all extraneous stuff now, and actually has more room than ever with Coach's desk gone. Maybe will add an eliptical some day, or a leg extension/curl machine. Wish I had a larger home gym space. I'd definitely buy one of those leg presses that converts to a hack squate machine. Maybe when we build the garage we could build a heated workout space in there. Or just a special leg torture room. Still kickin' it pretty intensely with the new baby boy, but talking with Coach about how each of us will be able to start working out again. She'll be able to do it when she starts work again in a week or so, and I'm hoping to start at the same time. Should be pretty huge by Christmas. Of 2011.

On a side note, if I ever find out that you've started a new thread without telling me... I'll rip off those new wheels of yours and club you with them. And sell them on Craigslist. Here it is page 3 already! I need to be in from the start, or the thread is no good and doesn't count. OK, we'll just pretend the thread starts... NOW.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr
    I knew you would get the sarcasm in my title.
    Nope. Hardly noticed the slapping noise across the face of all the hard working pros out there.

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    This would be correct. I will warn you that when you deload and build back it seems weird if you're used to grinding it out each week. 60% of your 5 rep max is going to be a joke. Just think about good form, and using a dynamic type effort to move the weight. Once you get up to 82.5% and 90% it starts to get real... my understanding is that 60% lifted dynamically is still enough weight for you to not loose strength but it is light enough to let the joints recover. Then you build back up.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.
    I would never correct a man with arms that big. I'm thinking that this program would best be labeled an advanced program? I think I'll be on more of a traditional pyramid-based hypertrophy program for a while, unless there is wisdom out there pointing to benefits of the power/hypertrophy split for someone ramping up. After a several month hiatus I treat myself as starting anew.
    ~Forgiven~

Yep - still alive. Alive and WELL in fact. Just last night, for instance, I did ten pushups. Uh huh - not kidding. Ten. So I'm pretty much on top of my game. Gym is completely cleared out of all extraneous stuff now, and actually has more room than ever with Coach's desk gone. Maybe will add an eliptical some day, or a leg extension/curl machine. Wish I had a larger home gym space. I'd definitely buy one of those leg presses that converts to a hack squate machine. Maybe when we build the garage we could build a heated workout space in there. Or just a special leg torture room. Still kickin' it pretty intensely with the new baby boy, but talking with Coach about how each of us will be able to start working out again. She'll be able to do it when she starts work again in a week or so, and I'm hoping to start at the same time. Should be pretty huge by Christmas. Of 2011.
    Sounds like youre KILLING it in the gym. Nice going on, not nine, but 10 push ups. Is that a PR?

So, youre getting a plan in place to start training again? NICE. So, maybe we can start another joint thread where you will post actual workouts and stuff? Maybe "Oak and Jimmy's Journey to Huge-dom"? Or something cheesy like that?

On a side note, if I ever find out that you've started a new thread without telling me... I'll rip off those new wheels of yours and club you with them. And sell them on Craigslist. Here it is page 3 already! I need to be in from the start, or the thread is no good and doesn't count. OK, we'll just pretend the thread starts... NOW.
    I thought I cleared it with your secretary??? I would fire her.

Nope. Hardly noticed the slapping noise across the face of all the hard working pros out there.
    Yea, no disrespect intended to the pros. I guess its more sarcastic in the sense that "I woke up this morning and decided I would go pro" is kind of ridiculous.....when in reality, thats hardly how it goes.....ive actually put some time and thought into it. Imagine that.

Im pretty well sunk into the bodybuilding thing. Cant seem to get it out of my system now.....but I guess there are other addictions that are much worse. I could take up drinking instead.....

3DMJ Athlete

Sounds like youre KILLING it in the gym. Nice going on, not nine, but 10 push ups. Is that a PR?

So, youre getting a plan in place to start training again? NICE. So, maybe we can start another joint thread where you will post actual workouts and stuff? Maybe "Oak and Jimmy's Journey to Huge-dom"? Or something cheesy like that?
    It's a deal.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr

Im pretty well sunk into the bodybuilding thing. Cant seem to get it out of my system now.....but I guess there are other addictions that are much worse. I could take up drinking instead.....
    You know, now that you weigh so much less... the drinking thing might be a lot cheaper. And would take less time. Maybe you should re-think your hobbies?
    ~Forgiven~

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Turning Pro is just the beginning...I thought I would feel some sort of relief, or different somehow. Nope...now I just feel much more motivated, so I guess that's different.

The thing is now when I step on a Natty stage its against lots of overall winners.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Turning Pro is just the beginning...I thought I would feel some sort of relief, or different somehow. Nope...now I just feel much more motivated, so I guess that's different.

The thing is now when I step on a Natty stage its against lots of overall winners.
    That will motivate you pretty well. I've seen a couple poor excuses for pros, but for the most part, there is some serious competition out there. Its amazing what some of these guys achieve naturally.

How long do you plan to take off before you compete?

3DMJ Athlete

New pics.

I bought a bunch of high res pics from the photographer at the Empire State Championships and asked him to email me some low res samples of what he is sending. THese came out pretty good....cant wait to see the high res versions. INterestingly enough, he shot the pictures from STRAIGHT on. Weird. Well, at least I got one set of nice, professional shots. Some of these would make nice prints.......but then what do you do with prints of yourself in posing trunks? Hang it over the mantle??

Last edited by AustrianOakJr; 11-25-2009 at 05:55 PM.

3DMJ Athlete

3DMJ Athlete

Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zarazen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great pics! Priceless facial expressions

great pics! Priceless facial expressions
    Yea, im pretty happy with them.....id like to be about 50 lbs heavier and 2% leaner, but......

I work really hard on those facial expressions.

3DMJ Athlete

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    crimeny man, you looked great. Can't wait to see what's in store.

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    and oh, with my trophies and pics we made a little bookshelf because we had some pics during the prep, some really good artistic ones my wife took as well as show pics. we made a little homage to my conquest (lol). Couple good shots of the old grape smuggler and my trophies. Even made a little book out of before and afters. Always fun for the new visitors, etc.

I gotta keep up on the logging here......im really gonna try to be diligent in logging my power days and my legs hyper days. These are really going to be my focus. I kinda want my upper body to kinda hang where it is right now, so im not pushing real hard on the upper hypers, so I probably wont log much of it. Anyways.....upper power:

UPPER POWER

SMITH BENCH PRESS

315 X 4
    315 X 4
    315 X 4

SMITH MILITARY PRESS - bench press really saps the strength of the shoulders!

185 X 6
    205 X 4
    205 X 4

BARBELL ROWS

225 X 6 (reverse grip bothering my right bicep, so switched to regular for last two sets)
    245 X 5
    255 X 4

Its kinda surprising that these workouts still take a good 45-hour to finish. With warm ups and extended recovery between sets, it takes some time.

3DMJ Athlete

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I gotta keep up on the logging here......im really gonna try to be diligent in logging my power days and my legs hyper days. These are really going to be my focus. I kinda want my upper body to kinda hang where it is right now, so im not pushing real hard on the upper hypers, so I probably wont log much of it. Anyways.....upper power:

UPPER POWER

SMITH BENCH PRESS

315 X 4
    315 X 4
    315 X 4

SMITH MILITARY PRESS - bench press really saps the strength of the shoulders!

185 X 6
    205 X 4
    205 X 4

BARBELL ROWS

225 X 6 (reverse grip bothering my right bicep, so switched to regular for last two sets)
    245 X 5
    255 X 4

Its kinda surprising that these workouts still take a good 45-hour to finish. With warm ups and extended recovery between sets, it takes some time.
    Why don't you try doing BP, then Row's and do the Smith Military press last? That would give you time between to let the tri's recover a bit. I always rotate between push and pull on upper days.

BTW, Happy Turkey Day!

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why don't you try doing BP, then Row's and do the Smith Military press last? That would give you time between to let the tri's recover a bit. I always rotate between push and pull on upper days.
    I guess I would just look at that & see "supine push, standing pull, seated push" which I like in that its not just alternating ROM (which I try to encorporate) but also body position within the various planes.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Originally Posted by liftjunkie06 View Post
    crimeny man, you looked great. Can't wait to see what's in store.
    Thanks man. Im already anxious for the next one!

Originally Posted by liftjunkie06 View Post
    and oh, with my trophies and pics we made a little bookshelf because we had some pics during the prep, some really good artistic ones my wife took as well as show pics. we made a little homage to my conquest (lol). Couple good shots of the old grape smuggler and my trophies. Even made a little book out of before and afters. Always fun for the new visitors, etc.
    Yea, I just dont know where I would put a trophy shelf.....and I dont think my wife would be too keen on the idea...

BTW, Happy Turkey Day!
    Good thing I got you popping into my thread.....thats not a bad idea. BTW, I cranked up the volume on hyper day today thanks to your other bright idea and almost had to call an amulance to drag me out of the gym. Happy Turkey Day to you too!

3DMJ Athlete

LOWER HYPER DAY

BARBELL ATTG SQUATS

135 X million
    225 X 12
    275 X 10
    275 X 9
    295 X 7

LEG PRESS

5 plates (each side) X 15
    7 plates "" X 12
    8 plates "" X 9
    8 plates "" X 9 (with little help)

LEG EXTENSION

3/4 Stack X 10
    "" + a 2 more X 10

LEG CURL

1/4 stack X 20
    3/4 stack X 10
    3/4 stack X 8
    3/4 stack drop - 6, 4, 4

NOTES

Sick leg workout today......just felt GOOD training today with massive amounts of food on the mind for later. I felt like I had to make every set count so that more and more of that Turkey could be put to good use. By the time I hit that last drop set, I was hobbling out of the gym in absolute pain. People in the locker room must have been looking at me very strange because I was in visible agony. You know when youre in pain and just have to keep writhing around because it wont stop.....that was today. I had to sit on the bench in the locker room because the pump was so wicked from that last topper set......I couldnt stand for long enough to get in the shower for a good 5 minutes. SICK!

GYM RANT OF THE DAY

So, im at my in-laws for t-giving and training at the Golds in Liverpool, NY. The people that work the counter there.......well.....theres got to be something wrong with them. Every time I go there, they have an attitude like they are doing you a favor by making you a PWO shake that you pay 4.50 for. Whats worse is that they have the calories and macros listed on the menu but then they measure NOTHING that goes into the shake. Even worse than that....I asked for more protein. I asked her to give me a scoop and half instead of 1 scoop. So she makes the shake and it doesnt fit in the cup. Theres like a 1/4 of it left over in the blender. So I say....."You want me to gulp that down so you can fit the rest of it?" She looks at me like im insane......."I GUESS!?!?" Whats wrong with these people? Have they never served a shake to a bodybuilder in GOLDS Freaking Gym? I dont care how big the cup is....I only care that the crap you put into the blender makes it into my stomach. They dont get it. Then......EVEN WORSE......while im swigging my shake down so she can fit the rest of it.....her friend comes over and says to the girl behind the counter "can I try a some of that?"......and she pours a little of MY shake into a cup and tries it. She doesnt ask ME.....she asks the gym counter idiot....like its her shake because its in the blender still. If it wasnt t-giving where I really am not concerned about macros today, I would have been jumping on the counter. Unbelievable.

AAAAAARGHHH

3DMJ Athlete

Good thing I got you popping into my thread.....thats not a bad idea. BTW, I cranked up the volume on hyper day today thanks to your other bright idea and almost had to call an amulance to drag me out of the gym. Happy Turkey Day to you too!
    No problemo, any time

You silly bodypart split types

So thanks to my ideas, you almost needed an ambulance today eh? That's what I'm talking about You wouldn't expect anything less from me would you?

Now go eat a few thousand extra calories in my name...

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    I woulda dropped my pants and left a little treat for em at the front door.

Esp since squatting = epic BM's for me.

Sorry for the mental image.

Kill those 3 dinners man!!! You earned it!!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Now go eat a few thousand extra calories in my name...
    DONE.

Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    Kill those 3 dinners man!!! You earned it!!
    1 down, two to go! Oh man. Im gonna have to slow down a little.....belly hurts. I didnt think that I ate that much, but man that bloat settles in and you feel like you've got bricks in your stomach......

Shoulder and back tomorrow AM......time for a WICKED pump.

3DMJ Athlete

Just got back from the gym after two days of eating like a horse........had probably the biggest pump in a LOOOOONG time. Ever have one of those days where you cant wash your hair in the shower or dry your back side with the towel? That was today. After massive amounts of food yesterday, I woke up early with lots of energy, got a bowl of oats and whey down the hatch and headed out. I tried a new supplement called "Plasmovol" today because I had a sample. I usually dont respond well to NO supps, but this one had glycerin in it, so I dont know if that made any difference or if it was just the massive carbs I had me, but it was nutso......wish I had a camera. I looked like I weighed 200+ lbs.....and with the huge pump, massive vascularity and then my distended, gassy, bloated stomach from all the eating, I looked like a real roid-poppin freak show. Caught some funny looks from peeps out of the corner of my eye. Fun stuff.

UPPER HYPER - CHEST AND ARMS - bicep still bothering me so I went real light with them.

DECLINE BENCH

135 X 20
    185 X 15
    225 X 12
    245 X 7
    225 X 8

INCLINE DB FLYES

45's X 10
    45's X 9
    45's X 8

CABLE FLYES

(Dont know weight - unfamiliar gym)
    3 sets X 8-10

OVERHEAD DB EXTENSIONS

75 X 15
    90 X 12
    95 X 8

(supersetted these with very light DB curls)

CABLE TRICEP PUSH DOWNS - V-BAR

3/4 stack X 15
    Almost full stack X 9
    Almost full stack X 8

(Supersetted these with very light EZ bar curls)

3DMJ Athlete

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just caught up on everythign in here, Oak! How are you handling not being able to do insane volume on leg days, like you're used to?

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Just caught up on everythign in here, Oak! How are you handling not being able to do insane volume on leg days, like you're used to?
    Well, apparently I am still supposed to be doing insane volume on the hyper days....just not mixing the insane volume with the insane intensity like I have in the past. Im doing OK......if you read my last leg hyper day, you'll see that im not taking any vacations! My hams and glutes are getting seriously sore from the ATTG squats ive been doing. I find that it doesnt blast my quads like regular heavy parallel squats though.

Actually, these last three hyper days have been pretty awesome and ive been in serious anabolic zone as I eat my face off. Im about ready to head out to another t-giving dinner at a friends house.....then a second party after that tonight. Gonna TRY to take it easy though. But I wont try THAT hard b/c its back to my diet tomorrow.

3DMJ Athlete