cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cbark1357 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Lightbulb Dangers of Teens and the Always Growing Sports Nutrition/Supplement Industry

Ok so heres the deal

For my last English class in college I am tasked with writing a 8-12 page research paper. I have decided to do this paper on the dangers of teens and the sport supplement industry. As we all know the industry has been under much scrutiny lately from the FDA.

A large part of my paper will deal with the lack of work that the FDA is doing to regulate supplements.

I will also discuss false advertising in the industry. And recent recalls. Hydroxycut, Slim Extreme etc.

I am in the process of finishing up my thesis statement and writing my intro/first couple pages. My plan is to upload my paper in chunks into this thread so people can follow along and read and comment as i work through this paper over the next week/week and a half. I also plan on throwing the final paper up in full form for people to read and comment on.

Any help or suggestions or comments that anyone has would be graetly appreciated.

And any questions anyone has about why i chose to wrote on this topic or anything else just ask.

Thanks

cbark1357

EDIT: Yes i know i posted this in the main supp section but i feel like the supp misc is much more educated and will give better more educated responses which will in turn lead to deeper and better conversations on the topic

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so your stance is the FDA needs a more strict regulation of supplements?
    Benes

Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

Are you kidding me?!

The FDA needs to do LESS Regulation! While I think IT IS EXTREMELY smart to regulate food additives that cause cancer. The supplement industry is wrongly targeted.

Why spend so much on something as this. THE FDA's mission statement says to protect consumer health.

Why not go after smoking which kills 425,000 people a year, or junk food, or lack of exercise, or even Perscription Drug interactions which kill 32,000 people a year. Steroids deaths are estimated at 3 per year. Most of those cases involved other pre-existing health conditions.

Google the amount of people who are put in the hospital from Advil and Acetiminophen a year.

It is quite staggering. I think the FDA is throwing its resources in the WRONG DIRECTION. Its all so hypocritical. I mean, they issued a warning statement for the e-cigarette because it had 4 carcinogens found in testing. Real cigarettes have 100s of carcinogens.

Doesn't make sense........

Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, I just did a Research paper on this, and I wanted to throw a Slim Xtreme example in there, but the FDA never had a formal warning or recall that I could find. I thought about citing the forums where people were finding this designer stimulant in the product, but it seemed like too much work to explain that chemists on a forum tested a supplement. Hydroxycut is a good example, however.

Anyways, good luck!

homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Dothackdewey View Post
    Are you kidding me?!

The FDA needs to do LESS Regulation! While I think IT IS EXTREMELY smart to regulate food additives that cause cancer. The supplement industry is wrongly targeted.

Why spend so much on something as this. THE FDA's mission statement says to protect consumer health.

Why not go after smoking which kills 425,000 people a year, or junk food, or lack of exercise, or even Perscription Drug interactions which kill 32,000 people a year. Steroids deaths are estimated at 3 per year. Most of those cases involved other pre-existing health conditions.

Google the amount of people who are put in the hospital from Advil and Acetiminophen a year.

It is quite staggering. I think the FDA is throwing its resources in the WRONG DIRECTION. Its all so hypocritical. I mean, they issued a warning statement for the e-cigarette because it had 4 carcinogens found in testing. Real cigarettes have 100s of carcinogens.

Doesn't make sense........
    The difference between smoking and supplements is that with supplements I DON'T know what I'm getting. A supp company can literally put anything they want into a product, lie on the label, lie on the internet, and get away with it. You want lead in your multivitamin/fishoil? You want tren in your pct? You want 800mg of caffeine in your fatloss supp thats claims 200mg? If I go choose to smoke I know I'm what I'm getting. If I go choose to use XYZ protein brand I have no idea whats in it. I'm not saying outlaw steroids or pro-hormones for that matter. If anything I think they should be over over the counter(21+) BUT you have to get it from the pharmacist and not on the shelf. That way its more controlled.