Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    ^Hahah, lol thanks man.

Fighting the Brotology. VegasPumped's Avatar
    VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JadKnowsBest View Post
    [Outside Misc Mindset]

Read all 3, glad you're getting better at being social, online that is, and I hope online consultation doesn't get too stressful.
    Busy, busy man.

[/Outside Misc Mindset]

[Misc Mode]
    Riveting Tale Champ
    [/Misc Mode]
    I knew it felt like Deja Vu... I read this back in 2009... proof is there ^^^^^^ !!!!

Well, I'm gonna read it again.
    Add me on INSTAGRAM: @JadVegas

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Good information for anyone thinking CPT as a job potential

Alan has put together a complete package of information covering all angles of where the fitness profession can take you. I highly recommend reading his series. I learned much from this thread. Thanks for providing some great insight into the fitness training world.
    Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

JMHalstead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Exelent article coming from real life experience, thanks for the post mand
    NASM CPT; "Geneticly challenged bodybuilder"

DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10) DynamicKaila is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great article, thank you for taking the time to write it. Really looking to get into the fitness industry and this helped a lot

maryroseisxexy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Success of Being Physically Fit

Nowadays being a Personal Trainer is not just as simply as going to the gym, you can make this as a source of living and here is the proof. Alan did a great job for balancing his career as a Personal Trainer, a father and also a blogger.

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great stuff Alan. Thanks for writing this and sharing your experiences!

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    You're welcome. I just added an additional link to the original post talking about credentials vs the fitness industry.

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking to become a personal trainer during college, will read. thanks.

para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000) para_gene is just really nice. (+1000)

awesome

even though it may be years from now, this is going to help a ton.

Registered User AnxietyCoachJoh's Avatar
    AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Directions toward a career in fitness.

Thanks for posting this thread fitness is really my fashion and career and helps to a good and healthy body and gain extra income for my family

Great thread

AnxietyCoachJoh

hotep90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow love this site and love this post!!! not even long, just straight to the point. like you simply walked me to the doors of each institution. loved it!!!!!
    .*.THE POWER COMES IN RESPONCE TO A NEED NOT A DESIRE. YOU MUST CREATE THAT NEED, USE THE PAIN OF LOST......*.

tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subscribed to this thread, because I love it!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123254471
    My Workout Log, Went from XXXXL to XL (updated regularly)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-losing-the-big-one.html
    My bodybuilding.com transformation of the week article!

Follow me on Twitter @TheFitBoss
    www.JordanGrahm.com is now LIVE!

LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5* thread
    (っ◕‿◕)っ

fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thread. Taking AFAA cert class in April. Working towards leaving corporate America one day and getting out on my own in personal fitness as a trainer. 15+ years in corp America will do that to you.

Its good to have some guidance, because everyone you ask has another opinion on what YOU should do...so I quit talking to them and formulating my own plan. I trust only a few good sources at the gym and gym circles and I respect Alan's opinions, because they are formed with research and years of solid work experience.

I'm in my 40s, a successful, but really burnt out corporate instructor, that is looking to raise a family, be a successful personal trainer and actually make a good living doing it. There is a LOT for me to think about.

But, the great thing is, I can get my certification, work a little to build some experience and clients and hopefully one day, break the umbilical cord my company has around my neck.

Someone once said, "find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life." Well, I've been an athlete, worked out, even trained others in the gym for 25 years. I've seen it grow from dank basements and garages to corporate America and a booming industry.

I'm excited to get started with the help of people like Alan.

Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Infinite23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great article.

vivecuervo7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, here's where I'm at. I have attended a course to become qualified as a personal trainer, but shortly afterwards lost motivation to complete assignments etc. I'm getting back into my textbooks, but I always become distracted very easily.

I'm going to read through all that info on a career in fitness to try and motivate myself, but I think I really need some external motivation from someone either in a place similar to mine or from a professional in the industry. My biggest hurdle is working on the sections regarding fat loss/cardio etc. as I am almsot purely interested in muscle growth (and fat loss in bodybuilding, not as a primary goal), but I still need to complete these components to obtain any level of qualification.

RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000)

Hey

Originally Posted by vivecuervo7 View Post
    Ok, here's where I'm at. I have attended a course to become qualified as a personal trainer, but shortly afterwards lost motivation to complete assignments etc. I'm getting back into my textbooks, but I always become distracted very easily.

I'm going to read through all that info on a career in fitness to try and motivate myself, but I think I really need some external motivation from someone either in a place similar to mine or from a professional in the industry. My biggest hurdle is working on the sections regarding fat loss/cardio etc. as I am almsot purely interested in muscle growth (and fat loss in bodybuilding, not as a primary goal), but I still need to complete these components to obtain any level of qualification.
    You are having a problem with focusing. I did the same thing a few times while I was studing. Your ahead of the power curve already because your asking for help. Turn off the Tv,cell, and anything else that could pull your attention from your course work. Decide right now. you will study a min X amount of time totally dedicated to you learning what needs to be done. What ever it takes for you to get to your goal. You said you main goal was to build muscle, that is good, stick with it but don't neglect the things that you will be required to know come test time or when you have a client in front of you. If you are still havning trouble reach out with more specific questions. Like maybe who has studied the CH 5 in _____ cert? in the PT forum. Myself I only started using this tool recently and I can already see its untapped resources. Get on FB and hit up your Board, I visited NASMs a few times to seek advice and other things. The point is you have alot of tools you can use to make this work easier. You will also be greatly more productive if you turn off all outside influences and concentrate 110% on your primary goal for that time.

Jezuschristx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thx looking forward to reading this!

ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really liked the blog post about the paper credentials. I even read some of the discussion in the comments. Pretty tricky stuff, making sure that trainers are properly qualified while still not making things too difficult for people who would make great trainers but are short on time to get a formal education. Lots of food for thought. Thanks for sharing, Alan.

Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Excellent thread. Very helpful information indeed. So far, all of my friends who majored in Kinesiology that graduated last semester are working in fields that have nothing to do with their degree.

TruMayheM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tagged so I can come back...
    This is a declaration of war not against others but upon my own self...

klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000) klapo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you OP, its always nice to see the road to success in its fullest.

DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrBillSukala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is really an excellent thread. Having spent over 20 years in both the fitness industry and clinical exercise settings (hospital and research), I can say that it's well worth getting qualifications and ideally advanced qualifications.

BUT, I will say up front I know people with PhDs in Exercise and Sport Science who are terrible trainers and woefully lagging in their hands-on skills and, in some cases, even worse in their people skills.

A MASSIVE part of success in this industry (in my humble opinion) is having a balance of quality education, hands-on practical experience, and good "bedside manner" as I like to call it. Of course business skills are also key, such as marketing and the biz management side of things.

Looking at the big picture, I believe longevity is a direct result of enjoyment. And it's easy to burn out in the biz. I used to do 40+ hours per week of PT in the early 90s and while I loved it, it took its toll on me. I moved into the clinical side around the mid 90s and really felt the challenge was what kept me going. And now 21 years on, still keeping the passion alive.

I authored an article on the "Career Lifespan of a Personal Trainer." If you check out my blog and click on the "exercise" category list, then to page 2, you'll find it at the bottom. Might be of interest, as it generated a tremendous amount of discussion when I first posted it on some of the industry sites in the US, Australia, and the UK.

Happy training!
    Bill
    Bill Sukala, PhD
    Clinical Exercise Physiologist
    http://www.drbillofhealth.com

mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000) mebby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    will read it all after work tonight. thanks

Registered User volitionfitness's Avatar
    volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alans article is awesome, must read for new pts for sure.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was going to start a thread w/some questions; and then saw this sticky. Excellent! My son just started college, is 18…and interested in a career in personal training. So glad I found this thread.

GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GerwerdHja is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Tadalafil Soft

mighlimptarra blog com]Tadalafil 5mg En Caen, Tadalafil 20mg En Villeurbanne, Tadalafil 5mg En Toulouse, Tadalafil 20mg En Tours, Tadalafil 5mg En Besancon, Tadalafil 5mg En Caen, Tadalafil Achat En Reims, Tadalafil 5mg En Metz, Tadalafil Achat En Saint-Etienne, piereiweddlo blog com]Tadalafil Achat En Clermont-Ferrand, Tadalafil 5mg En Caen, Tadalafil 10mg En Nantes, Tadalafil 5mg En Angers, Tadalafil Acheter En Nantes, Tadalafil 20, Tadalafil Achat En Toulouse, Tadalafil Achat En Nimes, Tadalafil Achat En Metz, concquadhecor blog com]Tadalafil 5mg En Angers, Tadalafil 20mg En Nimes, Tadalafil 10mg En Villeurbanne, Tadalafil 10mg En Toulon, Tadalafil 10mg En Amiens, Tadalafil 5mg+++++, Tadalafil Acheter En Nantes, Tadalafil 10mg En Rennes, Tadalafil Acheter En Clermont-Ferrand

dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dindysport has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Saving thread...thanks for info

michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Appreciate the info and especially your efforts to keep it updated.
    Read and saved!
    Don't "take care".... take RISKS!

Courage doesn't mean you have no fear, but rather that you've chosen not to allow your fear to paralyze you.

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith