sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100)

keto and skin problems?

I've allways had skin problems while on keto (no matter cutting or bulking).
    the skin gets dry and sensitive and feels like I'll get cuts anytime (which I did when I did keto for the first time over 18 months ago).
    I've been bulking on keto for the last 4 weeks now, and dry, sensitive skin is back again.
    I eat standard keto with 1.1k cals above maintenance (6 times a day), mainly meat, eggs, fish, cheese, oils, avocado, olives, creams, veggies and nuts.
    supps are: multiv,joint support, C vitamin 1000mg, fishcaps

what can I do?
    please help

Sanderzak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sanan View Post
    the skin gets dry and sensitive and feels like I'll get cuts anytime (which I did when I did keto for the first time over 18 months ago).
    I've been bulking on keto for the last 4 weeks now, and dry, sensitive skin is back again.
    I eat standard keto with 1.1k cals above maintenance (6 times a day), mainly meat, eggs, fish, cheese, oils, avocado, olives, creams, veggies and nuts.

what can I do?
    please help
    I couldn't say why that happens, but just get a moisturizer to use after your showers(best time to use it to lock in the moisture that's already there). That's what I've personally had to do for ages, since if I take a normal daily shower, plus a shower after working out I end up with dry skin from that alone. With a moisturizer I do just fine.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How often are you showering?
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    How often are you showering?
    is this directed to me?
    I shower almost every day (WO 5 days/week + at home)..sometimes even twice a day

rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is this directed to me?
    I shower almost every day (WO 5 days/week + at home)..sometimes even twice a day
    Yeah, it was directed at you

The more you shower the more you wash off essential oils from the skin. Shower too often and you'll dry your skin out.

--
    Rob
    June 2007.........: 398 lbs
    July 07th 2008...: 297 lbs
    May 15th 2009...: 340 lbs (oops!)
    Sept 22nd 2009..: 284 lbs (back on track!)
    Dec 29 2009......: 250 lbs

Smile

Originally Posted by rbdwarf View Post
    Yeah, it was directed at you

The more you shower the more you wash off essential oils from the skin. Shower too often and you'll dry your skin out.

--
    Rob
    thanks for information

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure why keto food would make your skin dry. You'd think it would have the opposite affect.

i have to agree with the previous posters. I get extremely dry skin in the winter because it gets so dry here. It's frustrating because it makes me itchy.

Your best bet is to buy a moisturizer, and not the cheap crap, but something dedicated for people with skin problems and use it after your shower. Your pores will be open as well and take in more of the moisture from your cream.

Avene is a great product. They're expensive and usually NOT available in walmart type stores, but their products work. I'll spend $30 on a bottle of their moisturizer and it's not a big bottle but it's lasts me a couple months. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, oil of olay has a great product line and they're creams usually do what they say they will do and more.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keto helps my dry skin,,, and I have very dry skin. I live in the northeast, and the skin on my face gets so dry in the winter that it will randomly bleed, its not pretty. Also, GREEN TEA is excellent for skin health.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Question

ok today I got a cut on my hand. there has to be a way to solve this

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think keto's to blame d00d, get some lotion or see a dermatologist/doctor.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    I don't think keto's to blame d00d, get some lotion or see a dermatologist/doctor.
    I don't get these normally ...only when when doing keto for some time =/

doctor

lainey17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what can I do?
    please help
    maybe it's just coinciding with the weather... it's getting colder...winter is approaching.

keto has helped my skin though. my skin would produce more oils cuz it was dry, and i was able to manage it for a while with lotion which worked out, and then after a month of keto my skin has improved even more so and i don't even use lotion anymore. my face was never covered in acne but i'd feel bumps in it... as though something wanted to start forming. now my face is actually smooth. a bit dry, but smooth.

eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eyk269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You know to be honest, when I was doing keto my skin never looked better. My face cleared up and it just felt better. As soon as I got off and started to eat carbs again my face broke out into a barrage of pimples and strange infections. As soon as I went back on keto this week everything seems to be getting better again. Weird huh...

deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deadstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    fish oil helps with skin dryness for me..and lots of lotion no homo

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    B50 formulated multi-vitamin. Dry skin is a symptom of various B vitamin deficiencies.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deadstrong View Post
    fish oil helps with skin dryness for me..and lots of lotion no homo
    haha...you guys and your "no homo" statements. It's OK to want to take care of more than your muscles. lol

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..