Closed Thread
    newdude17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting a home gym, what should I buy?

Hi guys I am planning on buying equipment for a home gym this Christmas. What do you guys recommend I get?, and what would you guys consider necessary for a home gym?

gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should read the stickies.

But to summarize quickly for you, you'll want the following:
    - Power rack
    - Olympic weights + bar
    - Bench

That will give you a basic set-up where you can work every part of your body effectively and safely.

If you are buying new, it will probably cost you at least $700-$1000. So the best way to get all of that and more cheaper is to buy used locally (usually off Craigslist). If you find potentially good deals, post them up in the Craigslist thread so others can tell you whether it's a good deal or not.

If you don't find a power rack right away, don't get discouraged too quickly. Sometimes, it will takes weeks and even months before a deal pops up. Meanwhile, if you've got nothing, you can do bodyweight exercises.
    "Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"24 soldiers wisely led will defeat 24,000 without a head."

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If you wan the slightly less summarized version you should read the FAQ stickie at the top of the forum.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buy off Craigs List & go to a used equipment store, After Christmas. You can/will get stuff super cheap!

Look for the Sticky for this otherwise.

Happy Shopping!
    I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive but your weak link is: This is Earth.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All that you need to get started:
    - Power Rack ($400)
    - Adjustable Bench ($100-250)
    - 300 lbs Olympic Weight Set ($100-$150)

I recommend BodySolid equipment for home gyms, and CAP Barbell makes good quality inexpensive bars and plates.

Remember that prices on gym equipment are negotiable and you may be able to arrange free shipping or get a local store to price match internet prices.

Keep an eye on Craigslist as sometimes you can find deals there. Play-it-again Sports also has decent deals sometimes but some of their stuff is overpriced.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs